Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #58

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the article above:
After USA TODAY Network first reported Jones' removal from her position in charge of the Florida COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard she created, she confirmed, as reported by CBS-12 in West Palm Beach that she was fired because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

Great: now in the open, for all to see.

What kind of degenerates urinate and defecate in public? That is simply unacceptable, not to mention unsanitary.

WTH is wrong with people?
I went to London for New Years Eve celebration for the millenium. I briefly walked out on the streets and many doorways had been used as urinals as nowhere public was open for such. There were more people than I have ever seen before and I vowed never to do that again. It was disgusting. I quickly headed back to my office sanctuary. Crowds, no thanks.

"The economic devastation wrought by the pandemic could ultimately kill more people than the virus itself

The economic devastation the pandemic wreaks on the ultra-poor could ultimately kill more people than the virus itself.

The United Nations predicts that a global recession will reverse a three-decade trend in rising living standards and plunge as many as 420 million people into extreme poverty, defined as earning less than $2 a day.

As for the 734 million people already there, the economic tsunami will make it harder for them to ever climb out."

The economic devastation wrought by the pandemic could ultimately kill more people than the virus itself
TY for posting this. Heartbreaking stories there. This is why we have to reopen now and get back to work to prevent a depression.

In answer to the question how infectious is Covid-19 from Clemson:

"The 2019 novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 is many more times infectious than influenza viruses and all other disease causing coronaviruses. It is alarmingly close to the infectivity of the smallpox and polio viruses. The measles virus is the only one mentioned above that is many times more infectious than the SARS-CoV-2.

Matt: The obvious caveat to this question is that if you don’t encounter the virus, it can’t infect you. So, social distancing and hygiene are the only ways to absolutely avoid infection. But Kos is right: SARS-CoV-2 is very contagious – how contagious is still debatable, as we are still learning about the virus. It can be transmitted through the air. It is unclear how long the virus can linger in the air, as most data at this point suggest it is moving via droplets (after being coughed, sneezed, or breathed out); these would not go very far, or last very long in the air. Droplets containing virus might contaminate solid objects (so-called “fomites”), and the virus could maintain viability for hours to days, allowing someone to touch and transmit to a mucosal lining (mouth, nose, eye). Some data additionally suggest SARS-CoV-2 may aerosolize, which would make it possible to remain in the air for a longer duration. This might occur only in specialized circumstances (like during intubation in hospital settings). All of this is why hygiene is so crucial: 20-plus seconds of handwashing with hot water and soap multiple times per day, no touching of the face, daily cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, along with maintaining interpersonal distances (6-plus feet to reduce droplet inhalation). And, of course, use of masks in public, shared spaces, in addition to maintaining distances."

COVID-19: Q&A with two Clemson scientists helps broaden our understanding of the pandemic

School reopening plan will go ahead, says PM

Parents and teachers should prepare for the phased reopening of schools in England to start on 1 June as planned, the prime minister has confirmed.

Boris Johnson said the government intended to reopen then for early years pupils, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6.

On June 15, up to a quarter of Year 10 and Year 12 will be allowed "some contact" to help prepare for exams.

Schools closed on 20 March, except for key workers' children and vulnerable children, as Covid-19 spread in the UK.

Speaking at the daily Downing Street briefing, Mr Johnson said he was setting out the government's intention so teachers and parents could "plan in earnest" for school to resume in just over a week.

He said the formal decision would be taken as part of the three-week review into the lockdown measures, which the government is legally required to carry out by Thursday.

TY for posting this. Heartbreaking stories there. This is why we have to reopen now and get back to work to prevent a depression.
We could easily do that if people would put on a damn mask, socially distance, wash hands, avoid crowds, and stay home if sick. That appears to be beyond the ability of certain brain dead people in the US. It's almost like they want to crash the economy. Idiots.

What kind of degenerates urinate and defecate in public? That is simply unacceptable, not to mention unsanitary.

WTH is wrong with people?

WTH is wrong with people who manipulate health statistics during a pandemic? Statistics that people are using to make decisions regarding hospital usage, health care worker staffing, and whether or not there is enough PPE, other equipment available.

Unless, they are keeping 2 sets of data. Which is even worse.

Well if it is like the UK the public restrooms are closing everywhere and if the pubs, restaurants and shops are not yet open, there is nowhere. You cannot put the cart before the horse.
The article says they’re working on opening the public restrooms “safely.” Meanwhile, people are pooping in the streets. Hmmm lol

When I read this this morning, I wasn’t sure what I thought. I still am not. However, I want to relate something that happened this afternoon because it speaks to how unpredictable people can be.

I was mowing. My BIL was driving by and decided to stop. I should have grabbed a mask out of the house, but I just sat on my mower, thinking he would tell me something quickly and leave. But no, he got out of his truck, no mask, and stood about 7 feet away just chatting.

And then he coughed. Not into the elbow or even a hand. I got off the mower and jumped back a few feet.

So just remember, unpredictable things can happen and suddenly you are in a situation you wish you weren’t in. I’m not saying don’t go. But just realize it may end up causing more anxiety.

We said we would come but we were going to stay outside, at least 6 feet from everyone and only pull down our masks while eating. At the time there was a 20% chance of rain tomorrow. Now the forecast is 80% chance of widespread thunderstorms. Was it yesterday we were discussing the chance of getting struck by lightening verses the chance of getting COVID-19? Who knew I would be comparing the odds today :eek: I told the kids we would stop by if there's a break in the storms but we won't be staying to eat or go indoors. Even if I have to sit in the truck and see the grandkids from a distance, it'll be worth it and keep me going until it's safe to see them again. They're all teenagers and a head taller than me but they still hug me and treat me like I'm someone special. I'm truly blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500