Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling with getting a clear understanding of what is going on with Marilane. Some describe her as having "mental health issues" and today her Mom described it as "sleep issues". I guess we are supposed to read between the lines, as there are privacy issues at stake here. No one would want their private struggles spelled out in national media. She's also the lead pastor's wife, and that's a whole other layer of expectation she would deal with.

I wish we could be more honest about mental health issues. There have been great strides, but many times it's still a shameful thing to admit and seek help for in some circumstances. God isn't against his kids seeking help. Matter of fact I'm certain that bringing things into the light and not hiding them is the first step to healing.
My first time commenting here I hope I am doing it right! I just wanted to add ( it may be somewhere further in comments but in case it’s not) Pastor Franklin spoke of Marilanes last contact on Sunday with family (not sure if he spoke to her himself or was there when her husband or mom had contact) just interesting to point out he at first said there
The family would know she checked into the motel by looking at her bank account. Which makes me wonder if she left so quickly because she doesn't want to be found. She quit using her card after that. I find it concerning that she went out of state to get treatment for a 'sleeping disorder'. Was she seeking medication from a new provider? All moo.

Here's a new video, but not much new info. Good to see it make national news.

Video: Desperate search continues for Kansas mother
she used to work in Alabama at Grandview.. she said she was more comfortable being treated somewhere she knew

That was a little confusing, as we know from the various articles she had credit cards. They say there has been no banking activity since Sunday. Maybe this was due to what is being called her confused state of mind. She thought she had no way to purchase gas? Wish we had more details from the person who interacted with her.
Her brother in law said this turned out to not be Marilane.

It's possible, but keep in mind we have no indication Marilane is/was still thinking of her deceased fiance. That was suggested by a poster here as a possibiity.
I don't want folks reading here to get the wrong idea.
She is still close with his family, a friend stated. They have checked his grave a couple times but no sign of her.

Welcome to all the newbies!! Great to have a local perspective and fresh thoughts.
Soooo sorry to bother you !! I have been a fan of Websleuths for awhile but just joined and want to be sure I am doing this right!! Are we allowed to post screen shots? Or are they a no? Not the everyday rumors that come with the Facebook groups but a close friend of Mariline.. i don’t want to break any rules!! Thank you!

Soooo sorry to bother you !! I have been a fan of Websleuths for awhile but just joined and want to be sure I am doing this right!! Are we allowed to post screen shots? Or are they a no? Not the everyday rumors that come with the Facebook groups but a close friend of Mariline.. i don’t want to break any rules!! Thank you!
No screenshots from social media allowed :)

We have a feature called conversations, where private discussion and sharing takes place.

Hi there! We aren't allowed to post screen shots unless it is from the media or posted by the family directed "Find ..." facebook page, as in news reports or from reputable news outlets. Social media is not allowed, we can "direct/hint/send" members to certain interesting posts but can't link. Such as..."there's an interesting post on twitter or a fb page posted by a friend on the Find Marilane page". We really, really, really try to keep rumor out and if we post something that is a thought or suggestion it's best to say "IMO" "MOO", "JMO" meaning it's an opinion.

By the way I saw the interesting post on social media that you are referring too. Hope this helps! It keeps us victim, victim's family and LE friendly. We also can't publically sleuth family and friends. If you want to share something there is private messaging and you can set up groups that way for discussion.

Sorry, but you can't per Websleuth rules. Only national news and her official missing page on Facebook are allowed. Even then it has to be posted by a moderator of that page, then you can post a link to that one post, give us the friend's initials, and say look at their comment. It's a little complicated but it cuts down on rumors.

Hi there! We aren't allowed to post screen shots unless it is from the media or posted by the family directed "Find ..." facebook page, as in news reports or from reputable news outlets. Social media is not allowed, we can "direct/hint/send" members to certain interesting posts but can't link. Such as..."there's an interesting post on twitter or a fb page posted by a friend on the Find Marilane page". We really, really, really try to keep rumor out and if we post something that is a thought or suggestion it's best to say "IMO" "MOO", "JMO" meaning it's an opinion.

By the way I saw the interesting post on social media that you are referring too. Hope this helps! It keeps us victim, victim's family and LE friendly. We also can't publically sleuth family and friends. If you want to share something there is private messaging and you can set up groups that way for discussion.
Thank you for information!! Interesting post was removed so unfortunately that won’t help but glad some caught it!!

Sorry, but you can't per Websleuth rules. Only national news and her official missing page on Facebook are allowed. Even then it has to be posted by a moderator of that page, then you can post a link to that one post, give us the friend's initials, and say look at their comment. It's a little complicated but it cuts down on rumors.
Totally understandable!! The rumors can be a bit too much at times. A lot of the time actually! I’m glad I asked! I knew it was a different set of rules ! As I have come here to read a lot in the past just never actually joined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa