Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Knox, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Find Marilane
    25m ·
    Adam Carter: we need anyone with boats + high-powered sonar + experience navigating the MS River near Memphis.
    Please sign up at www.FindMarilane.com
    - and share this with everyone.

Let's find Marilane. ❤️ It's now been 1 week since anyone has heard from her.
    Share. Pray. Hope. Look. #FindMarilane

Live video at link~

I'm not not liking this direction of searching :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flurries

Flurries Well-Known Member

o_O
    Welcome Shannenrenee1001! Mainstream media only is allowed here, with a few exceptions allowed by Tricia.
    And thank goodness for that rule...I have been reading this evening on the family’s Find Marilane late and my head hurts! So many rumors shared that the BIL has said were disproven, then the SAME posters are repeating the rumors in another thread on the page. I just can’t!o_O

3. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

“It’s been hard,” he said, noting he and all the family are living minute to minute and that he drives around UAB every few hours hoping to see her. “I’ve been telling myself this week, ‘Come on Adam, just wake up.’ It’s a nightmare. That’s the only way I can describe it.”

The Carters’ 2-year-old daughter turns 3 a week from tomorrow (on Aug. 17), and Adam hopes Marilane will be at the birthday party. They also have two boys, 4 and 7. The children are being cared for by another family member right now.

“They miss their mom,” he said. “I want to be with my wife, and I want my kids to be with their mom.”

Marilane, a 2008 graduate of Beeson Divinity School at Samford University in Birmingham, has been missing almost exactly one week.

Leaving her home near Kansas City a little after 8 p.m. Aug. 1 to reportedly seek psychiatric care from UAB hospital where she once served as a pastoral chaplain, Marilane was last heard from the evening of Aug. 2. Adam said he talked to her at 7:45 p.m. and she sounded a little confused but she noted she was about to cross the I-55 bridge over into Tennessee.

“We’ve made that trip so many times, she’s got to know the route,” he said.
    Update: Churches asked to help in search for Marilane Carter - The Alabama Baptist

4. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Just adding she does have a private Venmo.
    @marilane-Carter

5. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

i'm not trying to be insensitive, but are those scratches on his face?

6. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Not insensitive....you're just thinking like every other Websleuther.

7. Allynator

Allynator Well-Known Member

Was up thinking about Marilane last night. Since she was traveling through all these different states, which agency is handling her disappearance? I'm guessing the area of concentration is still around TN?

8. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

I’m a practicing life long Catholic and we joined a Catholic Church outside of your neighborhood. We live a couple of streets over from a big Catholic Church. Never were we asked why we chose to attend a church across the city. First off, it’s really not their business and second, I was raised in a small, small community (500 pop.) and my young grandsons enjoy attending Sunday mass with us.

9. Allynator

Some interesting posts on Twitter for anyone who checks there.

10. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

11. swedeheart

12. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Has it been verified by the family that she was suffering from mental illness or just the husband? Curious. I get some creepy vibes from this guy though. MOO IMO

13. Allynator

I just played the video of him with the sound off and just watched his facial expressions. Interesting to say the least. I'm not pointing any fingers, just making observations at this point.

14. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Ummmm, does he have parallel scratches on his face?

15. swedeheart

when did he drive to jackson (mississippi) to a hospital to look for her? that's what it says in this report.

(just ignore me if it's already been discussed, i'm still catching up).

moo.

16. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

I was a little surprised to read that the children, who are no doubt pretty distressed about their mother's absence, have been placed in the care of another family member rather than staying with their father (whose presence, presumably, would be most familiar/comforting to them).

I was also struck by the quote from her husband, which--similar to others I've read from him--doesn't really seem to express fear or concern for her welfare in the same way that I would (perhaps unfairly) expect; rather, this comment is about the negative effects her absence is having on him and her children. I fully admit this is not a very charitable reading, and I am certainly not ready to suggest he is somehow involved in her absence--but something about his demeanor throughout this whole ordeal just kind of seems "off" to me.

Comments above are strictly my opinion only!

17. Allynator

I have another opinion to share. I'm feeling weird about how fast the website for her popped up and how it's focusing strickly on the boat sonar. Seems like it was very pre-planned. I am almost ashamed in even thinking this because how great would this a resource like this be for every missing person. :(

I'm thinking AC had this website resource through the church.

MOO IMO

18. adot0902

adot0902 Well-Known Member

After spending way too much time looking at them, I personally, MOO, think they look like self inflicted "sores". MOO. JMO.

19. adot0902

adot0902 Well-Known Member

20. Help-find

Help-find Well-Known Member

I live in the Memphis area and am very familiar with the last spot her phone pinged and the river around Memphis in general. The current of the Mississippi River in this area is extraordinary strong. In the event that worse case scenario she did drive into the river (based upon the request for sonar) a car, truck anything would be swept down river swiftly. It would not have merely sunk. The Arkansas side by big river crossing (which is a walking/biking path) connected to the “old bridge” the way down to the river is through agricultural fields and not easily accessible if you don’t know your way.
    On the Tennessee side, mud island is a Upscale developed community That is easier to access however the last time we went down there, the ramp you would use to launch a boat or access the water via water was closed in an attempt to deter individuals gathering (due to covid). Also on mud island there are several “blue light” cameras which I believe have license plate reader technology. I’m really confused as to this latest development for sonar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.