Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The claim that BM was searching in the trashcan for SM's bike helmet. I'm not really getting excited over it. Could be if he was innocent, he was literally looking in business trashcans for it. Could be if he's guilty, he's doing busy work for appearances sake. I doubt at that very moment, he was committing a crime, concealing or planting any evidence. That's just my opinion.

This inre to multiple posts, IIRC, the note was written on a crumpled piece of paper, probably did come from the trash can, and I think someone referred to raccoons dumpster diving, theres a tv commercial doing that and it is funny...
JMO we’ve sleuthed BM from the guilty POV, would be interesting to revisit some events with innocent POV, but that can wait I guess on an arrest.
I keep thinking, would a guilty person do this? No, they would choose every word or action, carefully because if her body IS found, their every action will be reviewed, etc.
Then I ask, would an innocent man do this?
I’m answering yes, multiple times. Because they are confidant that truth will come out, and it will exonerate them.
BM continues to react to events, like a ship without a rudder.

I See this differently. Don't think L/E ever told BM not to make a plea, I don't see that at all, nor would I expect anybody would listen to that advice if a loved one was missing. When approached by major media to make a plea Barry said it was 'too soon' and he also didn't appear with L/E at the press conference. "BM took that effort upon himself" I see it as Barry wants control of the narrative and NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Network TV plea or Facebook(?)...sure glad I'm not married to Barry.

Bike....people have been tying to get an interview with Scot, who maintained her bike.

We've had this ironed out for awhile. Earlier post by JnRyan post #287 thread 20...

More of our conflicting info. The sheriff stated "items" plural - I definitely heard that in the video. Lauren Scharf in her most recent video asked (CBI spokesperson?) if it was an "item", singular or "items", plural. The response she got was that it was definitely "item" singular. Lauren also noted that it was interesting that the CBI is correcting info previously stated by the sheriff.
bbm
ITA.
Even though it appears that LE thought there was never a kidnapping/mountain lion attack/accidentally 'got herself into the creek' (BM's words, not mine)/ etc., I am about 100% certain LE never told him to remain silent.

It's unusual for anyone to not hold a presser with LE and plead for their loved one.
If BM feels some people are giving him the side eye...it's on him.
All he needs to do even at this late date is to man up and speak publicly at a press conference with LE and let people know how much he cares about Suzanne .
And maybe where people should be looking for her ?
Ok that last sentence will never happen , so take it as speculation only.
MOO.

That's definitely a decent sized green dumpster. I don't see a trash can up by the building at all. Cars are blocking the view, but I also assume there would be a trash can by the gas pumps, but it doesn't sound like that would have been what BM was looking through. It's interesting that the PE guys said "trash can" - I would definitely refer to that as a dumpster.....
Perhaps a smaller trash can for customers, dumpster for the business? JMO

That's definitely a decent sized green dumpster. I don't see a trash can up by the building at all. Cars are blocking the view, but I also assume there would be a trash can by the gas pumps, but it doesn't sound like that would have been what BM was looking through. It's interesting that the PE guys said "trash can" - I would definitely refer to that as a dumpster.....

In front of the blue truck, drop down from the open sign in the window, there is a green container, next to that - it looks like a bin, with a black bin bag in it?

but image is from 2018 so bin has quite likely been moved :rolleyes::)

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    734.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
We've had this ironed out for awhile. Earlier post by JnRyan post #287 thread 20...

More of our conflicting info. The sheriff stated "items" plural - I definitely heard that in the video. Lauren Scharf in her most recent video asked (CBI spokesperson?) if it was an "item", singular or "items", plural. The response she got was that it was definitely "item" singular. Lauren also noted that it was interesting that the CBI is correcting info previously stated by the sheriff.

(snipped for brevity)
Thanks for clearing that up. It could be that since the second 'item' was found, the Sheriff/CBI have decided it didn't belong to SM.

This inre to multiple posts, IIRC, the note was written on a crumpled piece of paper, probably did come from the trash can, and I think someone referred to raccoons dumpster diving, theres a tv commercial doing that and it is funny...
JMO we’ve sleuthed BM from the guilty POV, would be interesting to revisit some events with innocent POV, but that can wait I guess on an arrest.
bsbm
I have a hard time believing someone went through a dumpster to find a receipt sized slip of paper to write a BOLO for a helmet (not his wife). That is just disgusting and during Covid no less. It's not believable in my mind, much like everything BM offers as an explanation.

I'm confused over the BM searching the trash can story, I am pretty sure i heard the PE guy's say that a guy came out of the store after spotting BM going through the trash but i am also reading some people saying BM knocked on the window?

bsbm
I have a hard time believing someone went through a dumpster to find a receipt sized slip of paper to write a BOLO for a helmet (not his wife). That is just disgusting and during Covid no less. It's not believable in my mind, much like everything BM offers as an explanation.

Surely you would just ask the people in the store for a piece of paper?

In front of the blue truck, drop down from the open sign in the window, there is a green container, next to that - it looks like a bin, with a black bin bag in it?

Good catch, I didn't see that. It's possible. I don't know what protocol is in CO re: trash cans - do they leave them out overnight? I wouldn't think they would - at least not without a secure lid (bears and all)??

Whoa, need to view this on iPad, I can barely see on iPad, good call! This makes lots more since than dumpster, looking for paper to write on, store closed, trash can probably still right there today, habits...likely was emptied, why he had to dig.

Looks like there is or at least was at one time a smaller black trash can at the front of the store. Close up pic included.

Attachments

• 34347216_380119085828259_7771481415006289920_o.jpg
    34347216_380119085828259_7771481415006289920_o.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 34392003_380116669161834_1411735752827469824_o.jpg
    34392003_380116669161834_1411735752827469824_o.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 56
I'm confused over the BM searching the trash can story, I am pretty sure i heard the PE guy's say that a guy came out of the store after spotting BM going through the trash but i am also reading some people saying BM knocked on the window?
IMO BM went to this place because it was a busy hub in the small town area, finding it closed, (workers could have been in storeroom or restrooms), after closing tasks...so he looks for paper for note, then gets caught in act, by store worker OR does knock on window, still not really issue, for me, MOO

...Is he that confident? Arrogant? Stupid?...
I'm guessing that he is confident that the body (remains) won't be found. That is what scares me. He must have disposed of SM some place where he is certain that she will never be located.

IMO, he is banking on no charges being filed without her remains. I sure hope that charges will eventually be filed even if they cannot locate her.

JMO.

I know we have debated this back and forth, but I was peeved from the beginning about LE’s request for everybody to save footage so that it could be picked up at LE’s leisure. The day they said it, I thought that it was either a message to whomever or they were doing it wrong. Simple folk should not be expected to thumb drive stuff or have a huge amount of storage so it doesn’t get written over. I would rather they have asked to email to a box if they were unable to preserve the footage, or give them a call. I guess they didn’t need it, as some have suggested. I still would have liked to see Barry at Poncha Market to see exactly what he was doing there-and by I, I mean anyone directly involved in the case. Opportunity missed.

BBM:

That's not the verbiage LE used.

Suzanne Morphew search: Residents near Salida asked to save video cam recordings

Spezze asked residents to keep — but not turn in yet — any recordings from devices, including Ring doorbells and game cameras, that were operating from May 8 to 12.

“One of the most helpful ways the community can aid in the search of Suzanne Morphew is by preserving these recordings,” he said in an agency bulletin. “We are aware that some systems override video after several days and we want to ensure video remains available if needed.”

The focus was obviously on searching for SM at the immediate outset of the investigation.
LE was conducting wide scale searches in an effort to locate SM.
That was their #1 priority at that time.

LE probably lacked sufficient manpower to also go knocking on doors rounding up every piece of video footage from every private residence and every business in and around Salida at the same time they were conducting these initial searches.

I think LE waited until they could pinpoint times and locations based on digital/electronic evidence and then went to homes and/or businesses along the identified routes and requested footage.

LE has given no indication as to what footage they've collected, nor will they until this case is prosecuted.

Rest assured, they have video.

Guaranteed.

JMO.

Last edited:
Amazing isn't it that if true, the very items he listed on his handwritten note that he gave the convenience store clerk can be crossed off the list.

All this time later, and I still can't quite believe that note. It is the (barely) textual equivalent of the notorious "." text reply from an irritated teen.

He may as well have handed over a toddler's nursery school crayon sketch of Mum, complete with those out-of-proportion stretchy hands, isosceles triangle dress and the word "Gone!" floating nervously nearby in a speech bubble.

That kinda-note-thing is an important piece of the puzzle for me. It's lazy, seat-of-the-pants, inconsiderate, incoherent and wilfully useless, signalling a desire that is the precise opposite of the ostensible one: that the missing person (SM) should in fact never be found.

Here's hoping that the upcoming searches make a lie of that note, and a liar of its author.

Here is the Google Earth street view, taken from the same set of cameras, at the same time as your Google Street View. The blue truck is parked in the left of the picture, and in the background you will see the large green dumpster, directly behind the white car at the pumps.

This is an unedited Google street view, taken from approximately:
38°30'43.13"N, 106° 4'35.25"W
looking northeasterly, which was accessed by using the search function for:
Poncha Market, Poncha Springs, Colorado

Attachments

• Poncha Market.jpg
    Poncha Market.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics