Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall AM saying he asked two questions: 1) any sign of struggle in the house, and 2) was SM's phone located, to which the response was "no."

So, if one wanted to get a little more picayunish - maybe there wasn't any sign of a struggle, but there may have been signs of an "event" (or maybe a clean-up, after an event), but not necessarily signs of a struggle; in which case they'd still say no. Right?
(Anybody know what I mean?)

Also, can't LE simply flat-out lie, if they feel it's to protect the integrity of the investigation?
That's an actual question - I know I've read that before, but not sure how accurate it is.
MassGuy would know!

Here is something to think seriously about:

Four months in, LE has not informed the public how tall SM was, how much she weighed, if she had any distinguishing marks, or what she might have been wearing the day of her disappearance.

After six days if intense searching in Colorado, AM did not inform the the public how tall his little sister was, how much she weighed, if she had any distinguishing marks, or what she might have been wearing the day of her disappearance.

IMO
So what does that say to you?

Its reassuring to know LE where watching that site the night Andy supposedly stood guard and he didn't know a thing about it.
Gives me confidence if true, they are all over this.

But at the other end of the spectrum.
We all know LE were ALL OVER Leticia Stauch and yet she managed to access Gannon and take him across country...discard him without detection.

LE had NO HAND in finding him. Pure coincidence and blessing that a road crew happened upon him.

Epic task against a man whom digs holes and retains them for a living.:(
Think its going to be a no body case.

moo
Not disagreeing or agreeing. Not sure the road crew find was pure serendipity. I will always think the biggest blunder in that case is now they are saying he was in her car right in the garage that first night and they "searched" the house? Just tells me LE is far from perfect. That was a momentous error, but credit to them for owning it.. IMO.

Now here’s a crazy thought, we could cross-apply Rossmo’s Theory to see what area pops up, but we need 5 Data Points (and a mathematician lol). I don’t think we have 5 points, do we?

1. House
2. Hotel

(eta: Firehouse? Again, when was he there last. Did he go by there to pick up equipment, etc.)

Last edited:

Four months in, LE has not informed the public how tall SM was, how much she weighed, if she had any distinguishing marks, or what she might have been wearing the day of her disappearance.

After six days if intense searching in Colorado, AM did not inform the the public how tall his little sister was, how much she weighed, if she had any distinguishing marks, or what she might have been wearing the day of her disappearance.

IMO

Suzanne is 5’4”, 110 lbs per NAMUS. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

IMO

That’s because everyone is looking for a body.

Within the first couple days, if not much sooner, authorities seemingly knew they weren’t looking for a “missing woman.”

They were looking for a “murdered woman.”

Now here’s a crazy thought, we could cross apply Rossmo’s Theory to see what area pops up as a possible disposal location, but we need 5 Data Points (and a mathematician lol). I don’t think we have 5 points, do we?

1. House
2. Hotel

Can think of two more.
3. Longhorn Ranch Property
4. Construction site with beach

I’ll go ahead and repost this/bring it forward, since we’re here:

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person

NamUs #MP69682
Suzanne Morphew
Female
White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact May 10, 2020
Missing From Salida, Colorado
Missing Age 49 Years
Current Age 49 Years
  • CASE
  • IMAGES & DOCUMENTS
  • CONTACTS
Map
Location Salida, Colorado
County Chaffee County
Missing From Tribal Land Unknown
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Suzanne Morphew went missing on 05/10/2020 while on a bicycle ride on County Road 225 and West Highway 50, located in unincorporated Chaffee County.

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
Additional Case Info

Transportation
No Information Entered

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

IMO
IMO, Andy had no reason to inform the public. Clothing he wouldn't have known and if something was found, it wouldn't have been Suzanne's usual self.

Among all the sadnesses, Suzanne's daughters are also robbed of the support and comfort of a funeral. What impossible grief...

The world loves Suzanne. I hope they know that.

JMO
Agreed Megnut..heartbreaking all the way around. I truly hope those girls have a solid support system outside of their selfish Dad..JMO

So, if one wanted to get a little more picayunish - maybe there wasn't any sign of a struggle, but there may have been signs of an "event" (or maybe a clean-up, after an event), but not necessarily signs of a struggle; in which case they'd still say no. Right?
(Anybody know what I mean?)

Also, can't LE simply flat-out lie, if they feel it's to protect the integrity of the investigation?
That's an actual question - I know I've read that before, but not sure how accurate it is.
MassGuy would know!

There’s really no way of determining how accurate this information is.

I don’t think we know when this was relayed to Andy, or if he himself is relaying it accurately.

Was this relayed before the house was processed by CSI? Was this relayed after the first search? Was this relayed after the second search? Was this relayed before or after lab results came back?

It also depends on how the person who told this to Andy, defines the word “struggle.”

Does he mean no sign of violence (blood splatter, cleanup of blood, etc)?

Or does he mean no physical disturbance (things broken, moved, or turned over)?

That house was processed on two occasions, and I’m convinced whatever happened, happened there.

Time will tell, but I do believe they found incriminating evidence.

I don’t think we know when this was relayed to Andy, or if he himself is relaying it accurately.

Was this relayed before the house was processed by CSI? Was this relayed after the first search? Was this relayed after the second search? Was this relayed before or after lab results came back?

It also depends on how the person who told this to Andy, defines the word “struggle.”

That house was processed on two occasions, and I’m convinced whatever happened, happened there.

Thanks, MG.
And yes, I most definitely think it (whatever "it" may be) happened at the house. Well, the first stage of "it" anyway.

Andy is breaking my heart....

"I couldn't find my little sister. "

We're with you, Andy.

JMO

I wish I could hug Andy and make him a huge bowl of my spaghetti bolognese with a nice bottle of a Barolo to go with it! This poor man, I cannot imagine the angst and complete despair he is feeling right now:(.

Can think of two more.

Alright, getting close. I added an eta above as a thought, but I don’t think there has been any mention of that, (firehouse), but I’ve been wondering about it, which is why I added a question mark.

So.

1. House
2. Hotel
5. .

The only one here I know that can do Rossmo’s Theory is @shadowraiths; (not sure if @dotr has ever tried)

@MassGuy, you any good with math? Posting the formula, standby (in case we get a 5th data point)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/attachment-2-jpg.104853/

URL][IMG]

Last edited:
I am officially depressed...this case has really got under my skin:(. God Bless you Andy for being such a loyal and loving brother to Suzanne...she has been watching from somewhere and is grateful!
I know. This has really affected me too. We all need to lift up our hearts and souls and TRUST in all of the positive energy and love that we have felt especially this past week. I cannot stop thinking about SM and her wonderful brother AM and ALL of the searchers (especially our WS family members) who have selflessly devoted their time and energy. The way I am able to work through this (grief and anger) because that is what I am truly experiencing, is to realize how much intellectual, technical and physical research has been done in this past week. This will ultimately bring us closer to uncovering the truth. We may not realize it just yet but ALL of this effort WILL produce results. We all need to stay positive for SM and AM. They are counting on us. We cannot let them down. Sending hugs out to everyone.

Last edited:
Now here’s a crazy thought, we could cross-apply Rossmo’s Theory to see what area pops up, but we need 5 Data Points (and a mathematician lol). I don’t think we have 5 points, do we?

1. House
2. Hotel

(eta: Firehouse? Again, when was he there last. Did he go by there to pick up equipment, etc.)

3. Jobsite
4. Longhorn Ranch

That’s because everyone is looking for a body.

Within the first couple days, if not much sooner, authorities seemingly knew they weren’t looking for a “missing woman.”

They were looking for a “murdered woman.”

There has never been any question about the fact that LE focused on a murder investigation from the very beginning. Even Sheriff Spezze admitted early on that it was a "criminal investigation". The beach site slab search left no doubt whatsoever that BM was in the cross-hairs. Every action has a reaction, and in this instance the reaction, whether intended or unintended, was to sever communications with the family and friends of SM in Colorado. AM did a lot of things recently, but one thing that it appears he did NOT do was establish an alternate family communication with LE. I have never seen a case with such a weird disconnect between LE and the peripheral victims, and I've seen a lot of cases. I'm not blaming anyone.....I'm just reminding us all that it exists, every day that this case drags on. IMO

Last edited:

ITA <modsnip> 85% of intimate partner homicides happen at home....I dont think its a coincidence the they had the house to themselves that weekend, he needed the time to do whatever he was going to do

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members