Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

What I’m confused about is the cook. Something doesn’t make sense, because he saw her go out to talk to this car, but he doesn’t know if she went inside the car ? Also according to information that I’ve seen he was the main one providing this information about this mystery car. So wouldn’t that be kind of strange if she never came back in the restaurant? Like wouldn’t he wonder where she was? Especially if he was the last one closing up the restaurant?

Also there’s another way to look at her phone and her cards being left there, that could’ve been intended to make it look like she abruptly left and was told to get in this car quickly or didn’t want to be tracked. Or the perp just didn’t think about where her phone her cards were??

moo
You may be right about the cook, but I think he could have been outside having a smoke, or bringing out the trash, and could have been walking back in at the same time he saw her walking to the car. He may have thought it was just someone she knew, and thought nothing more about it and went back inside of the building.
I think if he was involved, he would have never said a thing about anything. That drew the attention towards him with LE asking questions. The only reason I think he would have said something, would be if he was involved directly and wanted to divert attention away from him, and towards someone in a dark car, but that means she would have had to hang around til he was done working, (if cooks are the last to leave) and left with him. She would have been seen waiting.
Just my thoughts.

BBM. There's also something that made the police believe that she's a runaway. You can find it if you look. Her father also said something to the effect of "Even if she did run away...". IMO her coworkers would notice if there was a customer that she was getting close to. Someone must know something, unless she has another circle of friends/acquaintances, totally separate from work.
According to the podcast above, She got in a family fight the day before, but made amends the next day and all was well. Maybe LE is thinking that not all was well, and she planned on running away?

BBM. There's also something that made the police believe that she's a runaway. You can find it if you look. Her father also said something to the effect of "Even if she did run away...". IMO her coworkers would notice if there was a customer that she was getting close to. Someone must know something, unless she has another circle of friends/acquaintances, totally separate from work.

I get that she might be a runaway, however, if the car really was a nicer/luxury car that points me to someone older. Did she runaway of her own accord or to her demise because she was a naive child and was missing the bigger picture of what was going on. Just because she walked away doesn't mean she wasn't kidnapped.

But isn't her father correct in saying, "even if she did run away"? In what ways would the investigation differ if they didn't find something that made them think she's a runaway? She just turned 16. Thus whoever is responsible for helping her "runaway" is wanted for kidnapped a 16 year old girl, correct? She's a minor. Forgive my ignorance. How does this differ in a legal/investigative sense? Wouldn't it start with surveillance cameras? This is why cameras exist. So let's say 12 hours after she has been reported missing, has LE looked for footage? DC said the one thing he was frustrated about was that it took two days for a detective to be in contact. Does that imply zero investigation was done besides that of the missing girl's father for two days? But LE came to the restaurant eventually when they found her phone - or was it an employee/manager who helped DC get inside the restaurant?

I don't understand but it may be because I don't know how investigations work in 2021. Was there not a detective available that day to put nearby businesses on notice about producing camera footage from the previous night re: a missing girl? Why was that not done? There are cameras everywhere. What kind of effort goes into a case like this if LE suspects it was a runaway? Doesn't a 16 year old runaway also qualify as a 16 year old girl who has been kidnapped or is that not the case? If someone told her "let's runaway", for whatever reason, isn't that person responsible for why she is missing, and shouldn't that person be sought? What am I misunderstanding? Is it not a crime in Texas for an adult to help a 16 year old runaway? Would it be different if a 9 year old ran away under these circumstances, but from school instead of a restaurant? Footage would help put the pieces together. Until it is proven that there is no surveillance camera that captures the back of Boomer's, I believe there is. It's 2021. Boomer's likely has its own surveillance system. It saddens me that we don't have more info to help locate this girl.

But isn't her father correct in saying, "even if she did run away"? In what ways would the investigation differ if they didn't find something that made them think she's a runaway? She just turned 16. Thus whoever is responsible for helping her "runaway" is wanted for kidnapped a 16 year old girl, correct? She's a minor. Forgive my ignorance. How does this differ in a legal/investigative sense? Wouldn't it start with surveillance cameras? This is why cameras exist. So let's say 12 hours after she has been reported missing, has LE looked for footage? DC said the one thing he was frustrated about was that it took two days for a detective to be in contact. Does that imply zero investigation was done besides that of the missing girl's father for two days? But LE came to the restaurant eventually when they found her phone - or was it an employee/manager who helped DC get inside the restaurant?

I don't understand but it may be because I don't know how investigations work in 2021. Was there not a detective available that day to put nearby businesses on notice about producing camera footage from the previous night re: a missing girl? Why was that not done? There are cameras everywhere. What kind of effort goes into a case like this if LE suspects it was a runaway? Doesn't a 16 year old runaway also qualify as a 16 year old girl who has been kidnapped or is that not the case? If someone told her "let's runaway", for whatever reason, isn't that person responsible for why she is missing, and shouldn't that person be sought? What am I misunderstanding? Is it not a crime in Texas for an adult to help a 16 year old runaway? Would it be different if a 9 year old ran away under these circumstances, but from school instead of a restaurant? Footage would help put the pieces together. Until it is proven that there is no surveillance camera that captures the back of Boomer's, I believe there is. It's 2021. Boomer's likely has its own surveillance system. It saddens me that we don't have more info to help locate this girl.
I agree with you . I was shocked when they didn’t even go to her work for 2 days ?! Where is the FBI also ? This is a 16 year old and most of the time they come in with children especially if they think it’s a trafficking situation I guarantee you that .
You are right , there are cameras everywhere , and she was either caught on tape and the car story was true ..... or there isn’t any video of that on camera and someone has a lot of explaining to do.

moo

Just my experience that I’ve seen in other missing persons cases , it’s definitely not as swift like on the movies . The detectives can take days , weeks even to review camera footage .
Moo

Supposedly there are too many runaways, so suspected criminal abductions are a priority for police. Hypothetical situation: What if there was SM indicating that she left of her own free will and isn't in an unsafe situation? Of course it would still need to be investigated. This is a girl with goals in life, so it's strange that she would leave everything behind. Either way, it's surprising that she hasn't been located yet. I wonder if the family has a PI.

What I’m confused about is the cook. Something doesn’t make sense, because he saw her go out to talk to this car, but he doesn’t know if she went inside the car ? Also according to information that I’ve seen he was the main one providing this information about this mystery car. So wouldn’t that be kind of strange if she never came back in the restaurant? Like wouldn’t he wonder where she was? Especially if he was the last one closing up the restaurant?

Also there’s another way to look at her phone and her cards being left there, that could’ve been intended to make it look like she abruptly left and was told to get in this car quickly or didn’t want to be tracked. Or the perp just didn’t think about where her phone her cards were??

moo
I agree that we are putting a lot of validity in the last guy who saw her. It's possible we are getting purposely misled.

I’m intrigued by the cook as well.....has he been ruled out as a suspect or POI? MOO
I would think they by being the last person who saw her, they would investigate this guy, to make sure he isn't blowing smoke up our rears, and is actually a part of the people who have her. Check his cell phone records, and see who he's talked to leading up and after her disappearance.

The saddest part... is she isn't home in the next couple of weeks...

Just my experience that I’ve seen in other missing persons cases , it’s definitely not as swift like on the movies . The detectives can take days , weeks even to review camera footage .
Moo

Fair enough. I don't think this type of case can afford even one day. Time is the most critical element. I would've assumed acquiring camera footage as soon as someone was missing would be routine and a job responsibility of certain LE. Not all cases. But in a commercial area like this where cameras absolutely exist, with her phone and belongings left behind, with no time to waste? Come on. Are the cameras up there to catch shoplifters? I mean, a girl is missing. The weather in TX is the one extraordinary factor, but otherwise, in this day and age, I would expect LE to be more than equipped to move swiftly to find a missing teenager, and if I recall correctly the weather didn't get insane until several days after 2/7. Again, cameras exist, not to take beautiful pictures, but generally to capture surveillance. They weren't as common in say, 1960 or 1970, and thus a missing teenage girl was harder to find. That's one factor that differentiates 2021 from 1960. I would like to know if Boomer's has a surveillance system. Fast food restaurants have cameras. If it takes weeks to review camera footage, especially in a case like this, it shouldn't. I don't care if whether the girl "voluntarily" left. Is the lack of media coverage due to the fact that some people think she voluntarily ran away. Sydney West went missing in San Francisco in 2020 and there was similar speculation as to why. Multiple media outlets have covered her disappearance. Why is this seemingly the only place this case is being discussed? We have in depth video interviews with the family of the girl missing. The family is concerned, How about her school, local media, friends, coworkers, LE? It just doesn't add up. I don't care if she "ran away". She's 16. She was 15 two months ago. She's a teenager and she needs help.

Also, if she's being groomed, then you have a regular who's been coming in to see her. Nowadays, most of us use CC to pay for our meals. An older guy just doesn't show up one day and falls for her. Its a regular. Check receipts that coincide what times she was there. If she was into something with a shady dude, it may not be on her phone now, but it initially started off through her phone or social media, then went underground once it became criminal behavior. Honestly, the police say they think she's in the area. I think they have a suspect and just can't do anything.

Supposedly there are too many runaways, so suspected criminal abductions are a priority for police. Hypothetical situation: What if there was SM indicating that she left of her own free will and isn't in an unsafe situation? Of course it would still need to be investigated. This is a girl with goals in life, so it's strange that she would leave everything behind. Either way, it's surprising that she hasn't been located yet. I wonder if the family has a PI.

Good point. If LE found something on SM verifying she is with, say, a relative, I could understand less urgency. Police have plenty of time to give traffic tickets. I would hope LE is able to prioritize and adjust if there's a missing kid.

Also, if she's being groomed, then you have a regular who's been coming in to see her. Nowadays, most of us use CC to pay for our meals. An older guy just doesn't show up one day and falls for her. Its a regular. Check receipts that coincide what times she was there. If she was into something with a shady dude, it may not be on her phone now, but it initially started off through her phone or social media, then went underground once it became criminal behavior. Honestly, the police say they think she's in the area. I think they have a suspect and just can't do anything.
How do you know police say she's in the area?

On Lexi's fb page, there is a message to DC. A person volunteered to help because he/she is a PI. So someone has reached out to him to work for free. Said they were connected to a group that searches for missing people.
The link was referenced in an earlier post. I apologize if I'm breaking a rule.

In cases like these, if LE has a certain feeling about something, and the public doesn't hear much from LE, the public generally isn't hearing an interview like the one DC gave, because LE has instructed the family to act in a certain way or give off a certain vibe. Does that make sense? Does the amount of information we've received from Lexi's family compared to from LE, does that strike anyone as strange? I understand that LE has to withhold information from the public. But is it strange how little LE has said? If LE felt Lexi was safe, are there reasons they wouldn't tell this the public? I saw DallasPD gave a briefing on a murder the other day. With other crime, weather, pandemic, surely it's difficult on LE. Police are giving briefings. Any update would help, but if there are reasons they cannot give an update, I get it. Just hope to hear something soon.

In cases like these, if LE has a certain feeling about something, and the public doesn't hear much from LE, the public generally isn't hearing an interview like the one DC gave, because LE has instructed the family to act in a certain way or give off a certain vibe. Does that make sense? Does the amount of information we've received from Lexi's family compared to from LE, does that strike anyone as strange? I understand that LE has to withhold information from the public. But is it strange how little LE has said? If LE felt Lexi was safe, are there reasons they wouldn't tell this the public? I saw DallasPD gave a briefing on a murder the other day. With other crime, weather, pandemic, surely it's difficult on LE. Police are giving briefings. Any update would help, but if there are reasons they cannot give an update, I get it. Just hope to hear something soon.
We never got a Dallas PD briefing on missing person Alan White. Only after a new cold case detective was assigned did a detective even do a single on camera interview, nearly 2 months after he went missing. I know the family of another Dallas missing person was complaining around that same time about the case load and lack of attention, though some of it may well be strategic. Either way, seems par for the course for Dallas. :/

We never got a Dallas PD briefing on missing person Alan White. Only after a new cold case detective was assigned did a detective even do a single on camera interview, nearly 2 months after he went missing. I know the family of another Dallas missing person was complaining around that same time about the case load and lack of attention, though some of it may well be strategic. Either way, seems par for the course for Dallas. :/
Hope one of us never goes missing in Dallas or in NOLA, MP cases suffer there as well :eek:

Fair enough. I don't think this type of case can afford even one day. Time is the most critical element. I would've assumed acquiring camera footage as soon as someone was missing would be routine and a job responsibility of certain LE. Not all cases. But in a commercial area like this where cameras absolutely exist, with her phone and belongings left behind, with no time to waste? Come on. Are the cameras up there to catch shoplifters? I mean, a girl is missing. The weather in TX is the one extraordinary factor, but otherwise, in this day and age, I would expect LE to be more than equipped to move swiftly to find a missing teenager, and if I recall correctly the weather didn't get insane until several days after 2/7. Again, cameras exist, not to take beautiful pictures, but generally to capture surveillance. They weren't as common in say, 1960 or 1970, and thus a missing teenage girl was harder to find. That's one factor that differentiates 2021 from 1960. I would like to know if Boomer's has a surveillance system. Fast food restaurants have cameras. If it takes weeks to review camera footage, especially in a case like this, it shouldn't. I don't care if whether the girl "voluntarily" left. Is the lack of media coverage due to the fact that some people think she voluntarily ran away. Sydney West went missing in San Francisco in 2020 and there was similar speculation as to why. Multiple media outlets have covered her disappearance. Why is this seemingly the only place this case is being discussed? We have in depth video interviews with the family of the girl missing. The family is concerned, How about her school, local media, friends, coworkers, LE? It just doesn't add up. I don't care if she "ran away". She's 16. She was 15 two months ago. She's a teenager and she needs help.
No I completely agree and its upsetting to know that it is not immediately done! I feel like every missing person should be treated as foul play , then you are prepared for anything.
What do you mean only discussed here? Im not on facebook but normally there are several Facebook groups for missing persons? Is that not happening? Also, why in the world do they think she ran away? Her father said she had never ran away before?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back