GUILTY SD - Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, involved in fatal car hit and run, Sioux Falls, Sept 2020 *plea *Impeached*

Ravnsborg said that he will not step down. “At no time has this issue impeded his ability to do the work of the office,” Mike Deaver, his private spokesman, said in a statement to the Argus Leader.

Boever’s cousin, Nick Nemec, told The Washington Post the new videos confirmed what he has always believed: Ravnsborg knew he had struck a man that evening and drove away anyway.

“He knew there was a dead man in that ditch,” said Nemec, 62. “He knew what he hit and he lied.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/24/south-dakota-ravnsborg-resign-death/

This is the most infuriating case. He's not even losing his job over this fatal hit and run! [edited - I see he has been charged with a couple of misdemeanors]
Dang. how can he possibly explain how the dead mans eye glasses were found in his car? What possible defense am I missing here?
There seems to be enough evidence for a wrongful death action. I hope that there is a good attorney willing to take the wrongful death case - if nothing else those civil cases often force, through subpoenas and other legal avenues, evidence and testimony to be brought to light. With the video, glasses and other evidence I would guess there is more than enough evidence for a civil suit.
Ravnsborg said that he will not step down. “At no time has this issue impeded his ability to do the work of the office,” Mike Deaver, his private spokesman, said in a statement to the Argus Leader.

Boever’s cousin, Nick Nemec, told The Washington Post the new videos confirmed what he has always believed: Ravnsborg knew he had struck a man that evening and drove away anyway.

“He knew there was a dead man in that ditch,” said Nemec, 62. “He knew what he hit and he lied.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/24/south-dakota-ravnsborg-resign-death/
ETA - I'd love to see this guy on the stand - "So, Mr. Ravnsborg, you thought you hit a deer. And was that deer wearing glasses at the time of this incident?"

ETA - again - I missed a page of posts - including @JerseyGirl's post! So there is a lawsuit - I also hope his widow gets a good attorney. And misdemeanor charges. May truth see the light of day!

Last edited:
Widow of man killed in South Dakota AG crash plans to sue

Lawyers for the victim's widow, Jenny Boever, said in a statement that they would be filing a lawsuit against Ravnsborg partly in the hopes of getting answers to lingering questions about the crash.

I would hope this case hits the desk of the new AG of the US, Garland!!!!! Does he have anything over states AGs though... hmmm, I am ignorant. But Osoff brought up and inquiry re the Ga case of Aubrey.... dunno.

Noem released videos of Ravnsborg’s two interviews with law enforcement late Tuesday. In the videos, investigators confront the attorney general with the gruesome details of the crash, at one point telling him, “His face was in your windshield, Jason, think about that.”

https://apnews.com/article/south-dakota-impeach-ag-jason-ravnsborg-76bd675b8633970add67a8e9bf59f477

Chit!

"but investigators told him Boever’s glasses had been found in the attorney general’s Ford Taurus"

"We found a pair of broken glasses in your vehicle, but they weren’t sunglasses. They almost looked like cheaters of some sort. Black framed glass. Part of them were laying on front passenger floor board, part were laying the back seat, broken in half."

Hmmm, he got the waitresses name to prove he wasn't drinking? Huh?

And there is ONE minute between phone call and when he hit the person. Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Hinky that it didn't end at impact, wonder what the other person said about that call.

Anyone know who he was talking to? ETA: His Father is who he was speaking to. But in his first interview, it sounds like he talked to his father 5 minutes or so before he hit.

This is a good article South Dakota AG investigation: What we found in the Ravnsborg videos

Last edited:
More from link above that I didn't know.

"Ravnsborg denies seeing a flashlight carried by Boever

1:17:10: An investigator asks the AG if he’d seen a flashlight carried by Boever, either after before the accident or when he’d walked back toward town while dialing 911. The AG denies seeing it, even though it was “pitch black outside.” The investigator tells Ravnsborg the light was still on when they arrived at the scene the next day, and that a witness had also seen Boever walking with it.

‘It’s hard to miss’

1:18:00: After Ravnsborg again denies seeing the light, an investigator says they recreated where the light would have been after the accident. “It’s hard to miss. I mean it truly is hard to miss when you’re out there, especially when you’re walking back toward Highmore,” says one investigator. The other investigator says they wanted to give the AG the benefit of the doubt and walked both sides of the highway. “That flashlight was like a beacon,” he says.

South Dakota AG investigation: What we found in the Ravnsborg videos

More from link above that I didn't know.

"Ravnsborg denies seeing a flashlight carried by Boever

1:17:10: An investigator asks the AG if he’d seen a flashlight carried by Boever, either after before the accident or when he’d walked back toward town while dialing 911. The AG denies seeing it, even though it was “pitch black outside.” The investigator tells Ravnsborg the light was still on when they arrived at the scene the next day, and that a witness had also seen Boever walking with it.

‘It’s hard to miss’

1:18:00: After Ravnsborg again denies seeing the light, an investigator says they recreated where the light would have been after the accident. “It’s hard to miss. I mean it truly is hard to miss when you’re out there, especially when you’re walking back toward Highmore,” says one investigator. The other investigator says they wanted to give the AG the benefit of the doubt and walked both sides of the highway. “That flashlight was like a beacon,” he says.

South Dakota AG investigation: What we found in the Ravnsborg videos

The Sheriff didn't see the light from the flashlight either. The tow truck driver didn't see the light. When did the tow truck driver tow away Ravnsborg's vehicle? Was it that night, or the next morning? Did the Sheriff and Ravnsborg wait until Ravnsborg's vehicle was towed away, before the Sheriff took Ravnsborg to get the "loaner" vehicle? Did they leave the scene immediately, leaving the vehicle to be towed whenever the driver could get to it?

I don't believe that Ravnsborg and the Sheriff didn't see that light. They would have reason to deny seeing the light. But I would think that the tow truck driver did see it, if he came to tow the vehicle that night. If he claims not to have seen it at night, that to me suggests collusion -- a cover up. (IMO)

Last edited:
This is sad. They were able to track his movements with the gps on his phone. They could see that he went to the side of the road, the night of the accident and was within 2 feet of the body.

Also, the area of the crash site is fairly level with not a lot of trees and the "ditch" seems somewhat shallow. I don't understand how you wouldn't see something, even in the dark with a cell phone light.

Also, the area of the crash site is fairly level with not a lot of trees and the "ditch" seems somewhat shallow. I don't understand how you wouldn't see something, even in the dark with a cell phone light.

You would, IMO. So many reflective surfaces from glass shards to torch shards to other material. And you'd likely also feel something as you walked the scene. His stories don't add up, and never really have. I think the deceased's family are right to keep digging if they feel they need to.

The Sheriff didn't see the light from the flashlight either. The tow truck driver didn't see the light. When did the tow truck driver tow away Ravnsborg's vehicle? Was it that night, or the next morning? Did the Sheriff and Ravnsborg wait until Ravnsborg's vehicle was towed away, before the Sheriff took Ravnsborg to get the "loaner" vehicle? Did they leave the scene immediately, leaving the vehicle to be towed whenever the driver could get to it?

I don't believe that Ravnsborg and the Sheriff didn't see that light. They would have reason to deny seeing the light. But I would think that the tow truck driver did see it, if he came to tow the vehicle that night. If he claims not to have seen it at night, that to me suggests collusion -- a cover up. (IMO)

Some detective work: how long would the flashlight stay illuminated with good batteries? Was it turned off at the scene of the crime before the sheriff showed up, then turned on again the next morning? But we were all pretty much right about this case early on. Just awful. And yeah, AG, you have to step down. Are you kidding?

This is sad. They were able to track his movements with the gps on his phone. They could see that he went to the side of the road, the night of the accident and was within 2 feet of the body.

I've not heard anywhere that he was within 2 feet of body at any time. Do you have a link as surprised that detail would have even been released.

Last edited:

I can understand if not a moon, you can't see chit on the side of the road with a cell phone...

I watched both looooooong videos (both were very very very similar as he walked through timeline iykwim) and he sure did make a point both times to say dark night, but at the turn that he remembered 3 teenagers at a gas station on his right, and one person putting fuel in the tank on the left (but followed with he thought the station looked closed, but then why was someone pumping). He also remembered that after the turn he didn't have his brights on after the turn (on a darrrrrrrrrk country road that was straight away)

Some detective work: how long would the flashlight stay illuminated with good batteries? Was it turned off at the scene of the crime before the sheriff showed up, then turned on again the next morning? But we were all pretty much right about this case early on. Just awful. And yeah, AG, you have to step down. Are you kidding?

Why would someone turn a flashlight back on? *thinking*

I've not heard anywhere that he was within 2 feet of body at any time. Do you have a link as surprised that detail would have even been released.

It's possible I mis-understood what was being said. Reviewing the video again, it looks like they are talking about his steps when he went back the next day with the sheriff. Sorry about that...

Edited to add: unfortunately the video does not start at the spot I indicated, you'll have to scroll to it...
Between about 1:20:00 to about 1:25:00

Especially about the gps, around: 1:24:30

Moo maybe he drove a bit further foreward than the accident...then talked talked talked about a deer.. baffle the cop with BS... he is a politician.....come morning...then the police would see the the scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back