GUILTY SD - Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, involved in fatal car hit and run, Sioux Falls, Sept 2020 *plea *Impeached*

Hey! Maybe she and Jason can become "pen" pals!

With the guy who killed an Amish man on a scooter in Pennsylvania, and hid behind Joe Paterno's shadow & $$$:

Amish man killed in hit and run.

Amish man killed in hit and run.

Posted by Ironhorse 332 on August 20:

The driver, Christoper Hort, from State College, PA drove home, then contacted his lawyer. His lawyer contacted the district attorney on April 21, and told them his "client" thought he hit a deer.

As of today, no charges have been filed. Why? This is pure speculation by me. He has money and connections. He is Joe Paterno's son in law.

Charges were filed in this one, not sure where the case stands in court.

jmho ymmv lrr

Ravnsborg charged with three misdemeanors:

South Dakota AG who hit, killed pedestrian with car charged with misdemeanors

Pretty much a whitewash. The news conference was bad. They couldn't say why he was distracted, but went out of their way to say he was off the phone for a minute before impact. And that they were sure he slowed down in the 45 mph zone prior to accelerating again at the crash scene. Things they couldn't be sure of they were sure of. What kind of telemetry did they have? Why Ravnsborg didn't see Boever, what he was doing, and why him hitting the windshield did not give him pause? No attempt at answers. I get that that there is no negligent homicide law in SD, but failing to render aid and leaving the scene of an accident is chargeable. And then there are the unexamined actions of the sheriff. The attorney made a show of not being able to impanel a grand jury since there is no negligent homicide law, and the facts he did not think supported it, but a grand jury could have gone in different ways and actually thoroughly looked at this case and charged or not as the facts actually warranted. They went out of their way to drag this out and keep it at the misdemeanor level to help protect the AG in the likely event of civil suits--now there is six months and a bad investigation for personal injury attorneys to parse through. Lots of questions the state did not want to answer IMHO. Lying about where he hit Boever is consciousness of guilt too. Lots to unpack. . ..

Last edited:
Ravnsborg charged with three misdemeanors:

South Dakota AG who hit, killed pedestrian with car charged with misdemeanors

Pretty much a whitewash. The news conference was bad. They couldn't say why he was distracted, but went out of their way to say he was off the phone for a minute before impact. And that they were sure he slowed down in the 45 mph zone prior to accelerating again at the crash scene. Things they couldn't be sure of they were sure of. What kind of telemetry did they have? Why Ravnsborg didn't see Boever, what he was doing, and why him hitting the windshield did not give him pause? No attempt at answers. I get that that there is no negligent homicide law in SD, but failing to render aid and leaving the scene of an accident is chargeable. And then there are the unexamined actions of the sheriff. The attorney made a show of not being able to impanel a grand jury since there is no negligent homicide law, and the facts he did not think supported it, but a grand jury could have gone in different ways and actually thoroughly looked at this case and charged or not as the facts actually warranted. They went out of their way to drag this out and keep it at the misdemeanor level to help protect the AG in the likely event of civil suits--now there is six months and a bad investigation for personal injury attorneys to parse through. Lots of questions the state did not want to answer IMHO. Lying about where he hit Boever is consciousness of guilt too. Lots to unpack. . ..

Really sorry to read this news. I feel badly for the family of Mr. Boever and the citizens of South Dakota. They deserve so much more. One can't help but wonder if the roles were reversed - if Mr Boever were driving and Mr. Ravnsborg was the victim - the charges probably would have been different.

Really sorry to read this news. I feel badly for the family of Mr. Boever and the citizens of South Dakota. They deserve so much more. One can't help but wonder if the roles were reversed - if Mr Boever were driving and Mr. Ravnsborg was the victim - the charges probably would have been different.

Oh boy, I’m quite sure u are right Betty - but then that’s just my own personal opinion. This whole horrific fiasco smells pretty stinky to me.

My heart goes out to Mr. Boever’s family as well. How could they not feel that much has been covered up here?Obviously I don’t know that for a fact or have any more info than the next person, but I sure don’t feel good about this at all.

For this man and the sheriff to ask people to believe they didn’t see this body is some kind of bad joke. Evidence is their careers for gods sake. If this isn’t corrupt, then corruption doesn’t exist in this world.

"South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg said he does not plan to resign despite facing articles of impeachment in the State House.

Ravnsborg’s spokesperson released a statement to Dakota News Now Tuesday evening saying the Attorney General does not plan on stepping down from office.

Rep. Will Mortenson (R, Pierre) filed articles of impeachment against Ravnsborg Tuesday afternoon. House Majority Leader Kent Peterson (R, Salem) and House Minority Leader Jamie Smith (D, Sioux Falls) co-sponsored the resolution.

The resolution includes two separate articles of impeachment. One concerns the “crimes and misdemeanors that caused the death of Joseph Boever,” while the other concerns Ravnsborg’s “statements and actions” in reporting the crime and the resulting investigation.

Gov. Kristi Noem is in support of the articles of impeachment, according to a spokesperson for her office. Noem called for Ravnsborg to resign earlier Tuesday."

A copy of the impeachment articles and more at:

UPDATE: Despite impeachment articles, Ravnsborg doesn’t plan to resign

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname