Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ:

Members may discuss the DWAP youtube phone interview with TS but may not comment on either DWAP himself or the interviewer. Only discuss what TS said in that phone interview. TS mentioned Petco in this phone interview so members may now discuss and speculate re Petco as it relates to what she says in the phone call, but not what may be floating around in social media rumor-land.

Stick to MSM or WS approved sources (i.e. no social media or random youtube videos). If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Crime Online with WS member Leigh Egan is an approved source at WS; True Crime society is not.

No bickering, rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Nicknames or derogatory name changes of any of the major case players is not allowed.

WS does not condone or allow advocating violence of any kind against anyone and such posts will be removed.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed. If you want to converse with another member privately, just do it without mentioning it on the thread.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPECULATE WHETHER OR NOT LETECIA HAD HELP DRIVING TO FLORIDA DO NOT NAME THE PERSON. USE INITIALS ONLY. DO NOT ACCUSE THE PERSON OF A CRIME. IF ALL THIS IS TRUE AND LETECIA IS GUILTY IT IS LIKELY SHE HAD HELP BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF A CRIME. USE INITIALS ONLY.

REMEMBER YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER! THEY WILL STAY HERE FOREVER. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thanks,
Tricia

Agreed you can absolutely have that opinion, I’m just not sure we can discuss it here since HH has not been named a poi. Jmo

Normally WS does not allow discussion of minors. In this case however Tricia did say that members could speculate on whether someone helped or was somehow involved in having Gannon's body transported to Florida as long as they are referred to with INITIALS ONLY.

We are walking a fine line here. The fact that a judicial document has stated that HH is not cooperating is certainly relevant. You can speculate based on what is contained in the AA, but you may NOT insinuate that she is involved in the crime and you may not make direct accusations against her. (IOW, lots of "what ifs", "could it be that" "perhaps" etc, etc) . Just DO NOT accuse her of knowingly committing a crime.

For instance, maybe she did absolutely nothing wrong and is just not cooperating because she doesn't want to be responsible for her mother going to jail, or perhaps she is afraid upsetting her mother.

Gannon Stauch murder: Stepmom Letecia Stauch to represent herself | 9news.com

Feb 26, 2021

Letecia Stauch requested that she be allowed to represent herself going forward during Friday's hearing. Judge Gregory Werner went through a number of possibilities that Stauch could face if she represents herself. Stauch said she understood and still wanted to move forward.

"It might sound audacious, but I'm really good at poker, and you know that saying 'You got to know when to hold them and when to fold them'? I've got the winning hand...an ace in the hole," Stauch said.

Stauch replied no when the judge asked her if she wanted to retain counsel, but with a different set of attorneys. Stauch said she has a constitutional right to represent herself.

The nearly one-hour hearing ended with Werner granting Stauch her request. Werner ordered that the court would appoint advisory counsel to assist Stauch with certain aspects moving forward.

A status hearing was scheduled for next Friday at 8:30 a.m.

Stauch has another hearing scheduled for March 11 and 12. During this hearing, the prosecution will present evidence, and a judge will decide whether there is enough for the case for it to go to trial.

@Niner

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Letecia Stauch will now represent herself in court in the case of her stepson, Gannon Stauch.

[..]

11 News was the only station in the courtroom, you can read the Tweet thread from Reporter Spencer Wilson below:

https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1365368453444567040|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.kktv.com/2021/02/26/letecia-stauch-intends-to-represent-herself-in-court/

[..]

Judge Gregory Werner spent several minutes trying to explain the benefit of having an attorney, but Stauch continued to assert she had an “Ace in the hole” and that “two pieces of evidence would completely prove her innocence.”

Eventually Judge Werner said it was his job to make sure she understood what she was getting herself into, and that while it wasn’t a wise decision, it is her constitutional right to represent herself.

Stauch alleged her decision wasn’t because she thought her representation was doing a bad job, she called them “fine ladies,” but that the jail was mistreating her and blocking her from being able to see parts of the case she believes she has a right to.

Her defense attorneys have been requested to withdraw from the case.

In a news conference outside the courthouse after the meeting, when 11 News asked El Paso County District Attorney Michael Allen if representing yourself in a case this big with no former legal experience would be a bad move, he simply added “I think you can draw that conclusion just as well as anybody can.”

Last edited:
Legal expert weighs in on Letecia Stauch potentially representing herself - KRDO

Feb 25, 2021

Jeremy Loew, legal expert and defense attorney, told KRDO that an Arguello Advisement is an opportunity for the judge to communicate what a defendant's responsibility would be if they decided to fire their legal counsel and defend themselves.

Loew said, in his experience, most defendants who decide to represent themselves end up getting convicted. He said it's extremely rare for this to happen in a case with so much national attention.

"I've never seen anybody try and represent themselves in such a high profile case. It is a huge mistake to represent yourself as a criminal defendant. It's an even bigger mistake to think that you can do it when the country, the state, and the community are watching," Loew said.

Loew added that if Stauch does decide to represent herself, she will have limited resources to learn about the legal process and develop a defense strategy, as most jail libraries are incomplete and outdated.

Sorry if this has been discussed/asked already, but I was wondering if LS, as her own representative, could request the trial be moved to another district using the “I can’t get a fair trial in this jurisdiction” excuse.
Just thinking out loud, that I could picture her arguing to have the trial moved someplace else.

#JusticeForGannon

IMHO

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been discussed/asked already, but I was wondering if LS as her own representative, could request the trial be moved to another district using the “I can’t get a fair trial in this jurisdiction” excuse.
Just thinking out loud, that I could picture her arguing to have the trial moved someplace else.

#JusticeForGannon

IMHO

To my knowledge, LS defense has not previously requested a change in venue but I recall this question coming up last summer after LS wrote a letter to the Judge.

What Letecia Stauch's letter to a judge could mean for her case - KRDO

In what ways can this letter hurt her case?

"She's writing letters to the judge. It's going to be difficult for her defense team to get a change of venue in this case when she is essentially pushing the media's story. And so Judge Werner, who is the judge associated with the case, could potentially look at this letter you're bringing more media attention to this case if you're going to do that."

LS clearly sees the courtroom as her stage, and she's not about to miss this opportunity to star in her own production. :eek:

C O L D & A R R O G A N T...
Ted Bundy represented himself and we know how that turned out. His arrogance and insatiable salacious need to relive his murders by asking LEOs to testify in detail what the crime scenes looked like was a huge misstep on his part. His ego blinded him.

IMO Letecia will also trip herself up by the same kind of narcissistic appetite for attention and self-gratification without realizing the damage she'll do to her case. And luckily, the law protects her right to dig herself into a big, ugly hole. MOO.

To my knowledge, LS defense has not previously requested a change in venue but I recall this question coming up last summer after LS wrote a letter to the Judge.

What Letecia Stauch's letter to a judge could mean for her case - KRDO

In what ways can this letter hurt her case?

"She's writing letters to the judge. It's going to be difficult for her defense team to get a change of venue in this case when she is essentially pushing the media's story. And so Judge Werner, who is the judge associated with the case, could potentially look at this letter you're bringing more media attention to this case if you're going to do that."
Thanks @Seattle1, good to know.
I hope LS bumps into every roadblock possible on her continued, relentless quest to make this all about HER.

#JusticeForGannon

IMHO

Last edited:
Well, buckle up, kids! This will be a wild ride as TS shenanigans always are. I have complete faith in the Colorado judge and DA Allen’s professionalism & experience, they will prevent her from making this a circus. I don’t think DA Allen will do anything but bury her with her own words, actions & 30,000 pages of discovery once trial starts. He’ll treat her no different than he would any other “defense attorney”/representing themselves. He may even be harsher on her.
Once she’s found guilty, she’ll not be able to use “inadequate counsel” as an appeal! HA!HA!
Go get her DA Allen. The courts will keep LS in line, I just have faith they won’t let AS & LH be victimized all over again. Here’s hoping her “2 pieces of evidence” (ace in the hole) aren’t even admissible.
Can’t believe we are finally at this stage. #JusticeForGannon

I think if a defendant decides to wave counsel and represent themselves, that person appears before the jury without prejudicial shackles and prison garb. Which kind of begs the question as to how they treat and handle this lawyer/defendant. Must be very tricky behind the scenes.
I was trying to find if Dellen Millard had shackles on or not when he defended himself. Granted, it was in Canada, but per news and media and court related news... it is a Judge's worst nightmare
'Judge's worst nightmare'
"A self-represented accused causes all kinds of problems. It really is a judge's worst nightmare," defence lawyer Ingrid Grant said in an interview.
Why is Dellen Millard questioning Laura Babcock's father in court? Because he can | CBC News

I just hope it’s not doing further damage to the family and to Gannon’s memory. That should not be allowed under any circumstances. She’s done enough.
I agree.
It will be a circus with her defending herself, however, I believe the family and of course, the supporters for justiceforgannon will not allow it to diminish Gannon and his parents.

I was trying to find if Dellen Millard had shackles on or not when he defended himself. Granted, it was in Canada, but per news and media and court related news... it is a Judge's worst nightmare
'Judge's worst nightmare'
"A self-represented accused causes all kinds of problems. It really is a judge's worst nightmare," defence lawyer Ingrid Grant said in an interview.
Why is Dellen Millard questioning Laura Babcock's father in court? Because he can | CBC News

Ted Bundy defended himself in Utah and Florida? I think. Obviously it didn't fare well for him. I do recall him in business suits and free walking and talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu