UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m more of the opinion that she hasn’t made it past the junction of Clarence and Poynders. From the locals posting, there seems to be no police activity beyond this point, everything seems to be from this junction back with activity up Rodenhurst as well so to me, this sounds like they haven’t picked her up either on traffic, door bell, commercial and private cameras and I’m sure they have seen many more cctv images than we have from non traffic cams which, if she had passed, would have saw her.

If she had decided to detour to her partners then she would have been picked up somewhere on the route, same as if she made it home so the fact that there’s no police activity beyond where her last phone ping is and beyond where the last confirmed sighting is, in my opinion is pretty telling.

now that’s not to say it’s been some random abduction, and the traffic cams could be showing some things of interest i.e a person known to Sarah on foot or by car heading in her direction... but her last sighting seems to be a black spot for cameras so if she was intercepted here there will also be no video evidence of this but there will be the video evidence of the offender returning to wherever he set off from to meet her..JMO but random person or known person I think it’s happened in this very area..

I agree and posted something similar earlier

Because the police had divers and people on here have been mentioning white vans and construction sites - looking at the map the river thames it looks relatively close. Is it easily accessible to the public? I started looking at cctv stills that night and came across on what I think is suspicious. 12:22am and 12:26am a van appears to stop right before what I think is the bridge cross over. The first is 12:22am and what appears to be the same van is seen at 12:26am a bit further up with lights off but not visible in the next available still at 12:36am. What are your thoughts? Trying to get another perspective instead of focusing on poynders sighting. I don't want to think this way but keeping an open mind. Plus I think someone mentioned a suspicious white van earlier - probably hard to differentiate but is it similar to this one in the stills?

Wandworth Bridge York Rd/2021-03-04 - TfL JamCams Archive
i think the first van with lights on is Blue and second is white?

ADMIN NOTE:

Members may link to a paywalled article so that others who have paid for a subscription or wish to get one can read the article. However, members can not copy/paste or quote directly from the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.
Members may briefly paraphrase what the article is about or they can copy the Google hit summary to give an idea of what the article contains in the event people wish to pay for the article.

On another note, approved MSM means publications such as major newspapers, not social media discussion groups like nappyvalleynet.

Also, random social media accounts are not approved sources. All posts (and responses) based on discussion of a random Twitter account have been removed.

Last edited:
We are assuming Craster Road, based on Strava.

But we do not know if this is corrrect, because it's possible she used the privacy feature (which obscures the real start point, and starts your displayed route only when you cross out of the privacy circle you have set on eg your home, choosing a radius up to 5/8mile)

New Park Road - one of the streets of police interest - would fall into that radius.

Looking further back on Strava, it seems likely that she has lived in more than one place in that area in last few years. That could make a difference to her 'mind map' of the area and routes she would choose

To someone without a Strava account, is it possible to see these posts? If pics of them have already been supplied in the old thread, let me know and I will go hunt for them. I’m only aware of the one kindly provided by a poster (Sainlondon) of SE’s Feb 21st “Morning Run” showing circa 27/29 Craster Road as the starting point of the recording. However, that area, almost to the road, seems to tally with her cousin’s pin on one of the earlier maps showing possible routes from Leathwaite. To me, that suggested her cousin knowing where to place the pin for the route options. But I agree that it would not be wise to base it definitively on these two things, so I’ve always advised caution even as I’ve championed the Craster Road area. But the other Strava runs would be interesting to see if you know where I could see them without a Strava account? TIA.

This case is still on my mind and I'm desperately hoping they'll find her. I haven't caught up with all the messages yesterday evening/today so apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm a local and I know the area very well. What I really don't understand about this case is how the police have not caught Sarah on camera anywhere further than Poynders road. Poynders road is a very busy road (of course quieter now it is lockdown but I'd still classify it as a busy road). The most logical route home would have been via New Park Road which has those big 360 cameras on it. These was installed after a few shootings in 2019 so the police surely has these streets on aleart. Yes NPR can feel a bit dodgy at times but even if she chose to avoid NPR and stayed on the busier and longer route past the McDonalds to Brixton Hill - I just don't understand how the cameras have not captured her? A kidnap/abduction on Poynders road feels very unlikely to me. I can't see a van/car stopping on Poynders road without other drivers getting annoyed and again this would have been caught on camera or a dash cam? Why would anyone choose to attack on such a busy road and not follow Sarah further along into a quieter street (there are plenty)? I wonder if the police knows a lot more as I just feel like there is more to it than a disappearance into thin air as they portray it in the media - thoughts?

This case is still on my mind and I'm desperately hoping they'll find her. I haven't caught up with all the messages yesterday evening/today so apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm a local and I know the area very well. What I really don't understand about this case is how the police have not caught Sarah on camera anywhere further than Poynders road. Poynders road is a very busy road (of course quieter now it is lockdown but I'd still classify it as a busy road). The most logical route home would have been via New Park Road which has those big 360 cameras on it. These was installed after a few shootings in 2019 so the police surely has these streets on aleart. Yes NPR can feel a bit dodgy at times but even if she chose to avoid NPR and stayed on the busier and longer route past the McDonalds to Brixton Hill - I just don't understand how the cameras have not captured her? A kidnap/abduction on Poynders road feels very unlikely to me. I can't see a van/car stopping on Poynders road without other drivers getting annoyed and again this would have been caught on camera or a dash cam? Why would anyone choose to attack on such a busy road and not follow Sarah further along into a quieter street (there are plenty)? I wonder if the police knows a lot more as I just feel like there is more to it than a disappearance into thin air as they portray it in the media - thoughts?

good insight would those roads have been busy at time even during a lockdown? or would they be busy as normal?

The probability of her being taken or hurt by a complete stranger compared to the probability of her being taken or hurt by someone she knows are very different. The police have given very little in terms of information, I could be very wrong but it makes me think that they already have an idea of who or what but just need the publics help for footage/information as proof.
It just seems very quiet in terms of what they’re telling msm and normally, but not all cases, it means they know way more than what they’re telling for now.
There has been no further mention of the boyfriend or even him adding to the family appeals we have seen quoted. The big issue I feel is how on earth any boyfriend would not text his girlfriend or ask her to text him when she made it safely home. Knowing she was walking home alone at night like that and they were just talking beforehand while she crosses the common in the dark! It does not sit well. She probably called him to feel safer as she walked even. How does her phone go dead when the call ended? Even women check in with each other all the time to make sure they get home. The friend’s house she left - did that friend not also make sure? I am a couple of decades older so maybe people don’t do this anymore!

good insight would those roads have been busy at time even during a lockdown? or would they be busy as normal?
Hi MancGuy, based on my time living off Poynders Road and my walk along it today I'd say it's as busy as it ever was during rush hour – and right now a lot of people are driving rather than taking public transport. So probably quieter than normal at 9,30pm, but not enormously so, and certainly not deserted.

It has been on my mind a lot too. I am the same age as Sarah. I have been promoted fairly recently and feel like I'm settled in my career and life then I heard this story. I feel on paper (besides the fact I am a male) from the States that moved to the UK our stage of life is similar. Everything to look forward to then one day no one knows where you are (during a pandemic at that). I find it hard to believe someone snuck up on her because I would've thought there would be a sign of struggle - I.e hat, headphones or something left behind. Also I would feel that someone should have seen or heard something unusual. So many questions and not much to run on. It is either very calculated or maybe initially she was overcame by trust whether she know the person or not.

I agree and posted something similar earlier

Me too.

As LE has established the door camera sighting on Poynder St to be her, then something happened between the door camera and the area slightly to the east of Clarence, possibly in the Clatham Park area, but not as far east as Kings St. This c area would also encompass streets north of Poynder up to the region of Lambert St.

ADMIN NOTE:

Members may link to a paywalled article so that others who have paid for a subscription or wish to get one can read the article. However, members can not copy/paste or quote directly from the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.
Members may briefly paraphrase what the article is about or they can copy the Google hit summary to give an idea of what the article contains in the event people wish to pay for the article.

On another note, approved MSM means publications such as major newspapers, not social media discussion groups like nappyvalleynet.

Also, random social media accounts are not approved sources. All posts (and responses) based on discussion of a random Twitter account have been removed.

What is a random social media/Twitter account vs an approved or ok one?

I was looking through the footage last nights me found some images that might be already dismissed but here goes:

Clapham Common Northside/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive
upload_2021-3-8_21-31-8.png
Picture @22_12GMT.jpg shows a couple and what looks a bright green/yellow jacket & bright shoes - The colours could obviously be changed because of the bright lighting of the approaching cars, but my interest was in the dark car in the carpark behind.

This is parked at the fourth bollard where the couple is standing and the car doesn't appear there until between 21_18GMT & 21_24GMT (below) and got me to thinking perhaps she had arranged to meet someone to get some takeaway food or snacks, drink etc.,?
The car remains until the morning at c. 08_30GMT (could be someone doing a Shiftwork, but seems an odd time to park there).upload_2021-3-8_21-37-32.png
The building is St Barnabas' Church, Clapham Common North Side, London SW4 9SW (51°27'41.1"N 0°09'39.8"W), I thought of this as another poster mentioned some Churches being in the locale of possible sexual assaults in recent weeks. upload_2021-3-8_21-44-9.png
Just off Clapham Common North Side, so possibly wildly off base, but plenty of scope for a dark recess to disappear, even in such a busy street.

Attachments

• 130D24DC-5DCA-4E85-AF87-F4327C2A59AE.png
    130D24DC-5DCA-4E85-AF87-F4327C2A59AE.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 23
To someone without a Strava account, is it possible to see these posts? If pics of them have already been supplied in the old thread, let me know and I will go hunt for them. I’m only aware of the one kindly provided by a poster (Sainlondon) of SE’s Feb 21st “Morning Run” showing circa 27/29 Craster Road as the starting point of the recording. However, that area, almost to the road, seems to tally with her cousin’s pin on one of the earlier maps showing possible routes from Leathwaite. To me, that suggested her cousin knowing where to place the pin for the route options. But I agree that it would not be wise to base it definitively on these two things, so I’ve always advised caution even as I’ve championed the Craster Road area. But the other Strava runs would be interesting to see if you know where I could see them without a Strava account? TIA.

There are numerous runs on Strava starting from the same location for the same route into Brockwell Park, they're absolutely consistent and repetitive. This differs prior to the summer of 2020 but everything since then starts in the same place with the exception of one run in January in Streatham (I've included a couple of examples but there are many). One thing to consider is that the runs are almost exclusively on weekends, meaning she may have left from a friend or partner's address however I'd imagine that unlikely, again dude to the consistency.

I use Strava and I am fully aware of the privacy radius but with the sheer number of runs starting at the same location, I'd say the likelihood that her home address is on Craster Rd and therefore her intended destination on the night she went missing. Unless of course she secretly made a change of plans for food or to visit a friend but the implication of friends is not in the public domain and shouldn't be speculated on. Frankly this is all speculative and folks ought to wait until more information is released to piece this together, frankly we know next to nothing. The police will clearly be gathering CCTV evidence for beyond what is known online. Just wait people. Everybody is now just flailing.

Attachments

• 280221.PNG
    280221.PNG
    580.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 210221.PNG
    210221.PNG
    619 KB · Views: 176
  • 060121.PNG
    060121.PNG
    568.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 170121.PNG
    170121.PNG
    625.1 KB · Views: 142
There are numerous runs on Strava starting from the same location for the same route into Brockwell Park, they're absolutely consistent and repetitive. This differs prior to the summer of 2020 but everything since then starts in the same place with the exception of one run in January in Streatham (I've included a couple of examples but there are many). One thing to consider is that the runs are almost exclusively on weekends, meaning she may have left from a friend or partner's address however I'd imagine that unlikely, again dude to the consistency.

I use Strava and I am fully aware of the privacy radius but with the sheer number of runs starting at the same location, I'd say the likelihood that her home address is on Craster Rd and therefore her intended destination on the night she went missing. Unless of course she secretly made a change of plans for food or to visit a friend but the implication of friends is not in the public domain and shouldn't be speculated on. Frankly this is all speculative and folks ought to wait until more information is released to piece this together, frankly we know next to nothing. The police will clearly be gathering CCTV evidence for beyond what is known online. Just wait people. Everybody is now just flailing.

Fantastic - just what I was after and, on the balance of probabilities, and the cousin’s pin drop, I agree Craster Road is SE’s residence. This gives us a tangible target end destination, but also possible landlord/lady, flat neighbour(s) to consider if needed.

EDIT to add my thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member