Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace is covering the development on Crime Stories today. She has Libby's grandmother BP on as a guest.

This is my first post so, my apologies if I break any rules.. I have looked this up and I'm still unclear if Crime Stories is a podcast type of thing or if it's a television segment. Do you know where it can be viewed at or listened to?

This is my first post so, my apologies if I break any rules.. I have looked this up and I'm still unclear if Crime Stories is a podcast type of thing or if it's a television segment. Do you know where it can be viewed at or listened to?

Podcast, link is here:
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace | iHeartRadio

I admit I really tried to be courageous and listen... but I failed miserably within the first minute. NGs animated voice is just too painful on my ears. :(

Last edited:
If BG has an odd signature, which implies a ritual or compulsion, how has he not been connected to any other crime?? I can understand victims who are overlooked or written off, but doesn't it seem like an odd signature would stand out? And what about taking two girls who would immediately be missed, and not hiding them well? Was this a departure from his usual victim? Does his signature degrade over time?

The reason that the signatures have perhaps not been connected to any other crime is one thing you touched on - signatures can evolve over time. IMO the offender can fantasize about different things and he can tinker with his behaviors. The underlying psychological reason or need behind offending will likely NOT change, however, so the signatures - while not being perfectly static - will stay in the same "ballpark." For instance, if insertion of objects is how a particular offender expresses his fantasy motivation for the crime, that will not change. He may insert objects in different ways in different victims, however. Not saying that's what happened in the Delphi case, just an example of how the signature behavior stays in the same lane, so to speak, though the details of it may vary from crime to crime. Source for how signatures can change from murder to murder in series: Ritual and Signature in Serial Sexual Homicide

A second reason that the signature may not be recognized is that the offender was interrupted in his commission of the crime and was not able to complete all the acts in the ways that he wanted to or needed to. An example of this would be if a victim fought much harder than he anticipated and he ended up killing them in a different way than he fantasized about or intended. So that's a possibility IMO.

And a third reason that comes to mind is that this offender is killing for the first time. I know that most people interested in the case think that the Delphi killer was experienced due to the fact that he was confident enough to take two victims at the same time and because he has not yet been caught. I would say that there always has to be a first time for everything and there are several known offenders who abducted pairs of girls on their first known crime/murder. Examples would be the killer of the Lyons sisters, also Michael Klunder, and Ian Huntley. (This is not to say that the Delphi killer hasn't offended in other ways that didn't involve murder, however.)

IMO signature behaviors were seen in the murder of Jessica Ridgway and that was her killer's first murder. He cut her hair, re-dressed her in different clothes, engaged in mutilation/dismemberment, and insertion of objects. (Source: Evidence details twisted path that led Austin Sigg to Jessica Ridgeway – The Denver Post )

He never had the chance to offend again because he was caught. But had he done so, you would expect to see a version of some or all of those behaviors again. Because he didn't do those things to hide his victim's identity or dispose of her body more easily, or to get away with the crime. They weren't "necessary" in order to kill her. But he did them because they brought him sexual pleasure and they were part of his fantasy. That's a signature.

Everything JMO.

Podcast, link is here:

I admit I really tried to be courageous and listen... but I failed miserably within the first minute. NGs animated voice is just too painful on my ears. :(

Thanks for linking, I listen on the Alexa speaker in the kitchen while making dinner so I wasn’t sure how to find a link! My long standing guilty pleasure - even though it usually just covers what I read here weeks ago.

I've been skipping around because there are so many posts since LE's recent announcement, so I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned.

However, in one of the recent posts was a link to BC's Facebook account. If you scroll down the page some, on the right, is a REALLY creepy image. It's a picture of four "paths", all fading off in the distance.Three of which are very similar to each other in that they are all ground paths. The fourth is a...... bridge. The main quote says "Brian chose path 4". Underneath is a little inane comment about how BC is a "dreamer". Wow, though. There's a "coincidence"!

<Modnote: Edited to add link. Please remember to add links>

Last edited by a moderator:
If BG has an odd signature, which implies a ritual or compulsion, how has he not been connected to any other crime?? I can understand victims who are overlooked or written off, but doesn't it seem like an odd signature would stand out? And what about taking two girls who would immediately be missed, and not hiding them well? Was this a departure from his usual victim? Does his signature degrade over time?

Another option is it could be related to another unsolved crime but LE does not want to release that information for some reason. It’s also hard to immediately tell if someone is a copycat or it truly is a serial killer - it may look similar to another crime but they aren’t confident enough to state it as fact.

Catching up from last night…The scene being reported as “immaculate” by RL directly conflicts with the idea of BG dragging Libby. Even if BG kicked leaves and debris over the drag path, I think it would still be obvious to the FBI the ground was disturbed.

Catching up from last night…The scene being reported as “immaculate” by RL directly conflicts with the idea of BG dragging Libby. Even if BG kicked leaves and debris over the drag path, I think it would still be obvious to the FBI the ground was disturbed.

I would imagine RL was only able to be in the proximity after all forensics was done and the scene vacated. Therefore it could well have looked immaculate to him.

Podcast, link is here:

The most interesting thing I heard was the scene in Chadwell's basement was preset. The chains and locks were already on the bed in the basement. I'm assuming this is per the Affidavit of Arrest?

<modsnip>What is the quote from law enforcement about evidence recovered from the scene being "not what you'd expect"? I suppose dog hair could be included.

Becky Patty said she has seen the Chadwells tattoo and the side by side pictures of the girls and she says the tattoos are disturbing.

Becky said Chadwell checks more boxes than anyone else

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been skipping around because there are so many posts since LE's recent announcement, so I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned.

However, in one of the recent posts was a link to BC's Facebook account. If you scroll down the page some, on the right, is a REALLY creepy image. It's a picture of four "paths", all fading off in the distance.Three of which are very similar to each other in that they are all ground paths. The fourth is a...... bridge. The main quote says "Brian chose path 4". Underneath is a little inane comment about how BC is a "dreamer". Wow, though. There's a "coincidence"!

<Modnote: Edited to add link. Please remember to add links>

I found the image from Edwards Scissordhands to be especially curious (image is pretty but I find the idea of someone going around slashing at things to be disturbing in the context of what we know about JBC).

Guys, can we please add the following on to the official list of incarceration info. I think it's very important.

Inmyhumbleopinion posted it on the first thread.

It's a document for SD parole board hearings for the month of February 2015. It very clearly shows he was denied parole. Which means he was still in prison in SD in 2015, doesn't it? (Page 8) Says he must continue until expiration (of sentence?)

https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsFebruary2015.pdf

That would seem to indicate he was not out and about in 2014, or much of 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert