CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Watts bought that house, no one made him sign his name. Chris Watts did not make the house payments for the house that he bought, nor did he make the HOA payments. Chris Watts went bankrupt in 2015. Chris Watts had to draw from his 401K because he was unable or unwilling to accurately estimate how much money it would take to support the house he bought, the family he was giving life to, and how much should be allotted to savings. (however, he did make sure to buy a lucrative life insurance policy, payable to him, on his wife and little kids, ($450,000 IIRC) ha ha, "JUST IN CASE").

A week before he murdered his family, Chris Watts was pricing an Audi, and ruminating over buying a different luxury car with his Thrive proceeds, which Shanann actually sold for him. Watts had a huge lawn mower and a snow blower for a postage-stamp sized property, and he had expensive, elaborate tattoos, declaring his teenage-style worship of a heavy metal band. Watts could have used that 5 weeks to wall in a bedroom and bath downstairs, thus increasing the worth of the property, as the realtor was urging him to do.....work on the basement. He could have spent those 5 weeks face timing in the evenings with his own kids and wife, while working on the house. But, instead he spent family money on a mistress and brought her over to Shanann's house. While mocking Shanann's expensive car that Level provided her cost free for her high earnings, he used that same car to go back and forth from his mistress's house for 5 weeks, left it parked down the street while he whined about thefts in the neighborhood. This while the 2 of them, CW/NK pooh-poohed "Shanann's life style". Their own would be far more humble, like, you know, like.

I challenge anyone to show how Shanann Watts was "aggressive, and constantly chasing material wealth". That house was a good investment, and had he not murdered her and her children, had he chosen to make his house payments, they could have sold it for about a nice profit, given today's prices for similar houses in that neighborhood. He even could have taken the initiative to fix up the basement as my own father, BIL, brother, and grandfather did to increase the value of their homes and provide for their families.

Several websites have done thorough analyses of how the money was spent in that family. In the last year of her life, Shanann made as much as Watts, per his own account to the FBI and CBI. However we still get this accusation that somehow Shanann was "Aggressive" and "constantly chasing material wealth". Maybe that should be flipped.....Chris Watts was passive, lazy, and spent money on a mistress instead of his own family. He even told his boss at Anadarko that he didn't want any job where he would have to "delegate", just tell him what to do each day. In other words, a loser who could never even qualify for a managerial job.

Oh, yeah, and he is a confessed baby murderer.

To many of us, having a home business, being a stay at home Mom with 2 kids, dealing with several autoimmune illnesses and a baby on the way, that's not AGGRESSIVE, that's called "WORKING", and she did far more of it than he did. She even got him that Anadarko job when his tender wrists succumbed to CTS, he even told the FBI that he liked Anadarko because all he had to do was "show up and he got paid", as opposed to the no-future commission job he had changing oil filters and ensuring that windshield wipers and blinkers worked.

Watts went to specialized NASCAR technical college, and failed to get ANY job with NASCAR afterwards.

<modsnip>
This☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

BBM
I agree. NK is not the one sitting behind bars. The killer is. Where is the hatred for him? :mad:

I totally agree. It's horrible what people are doing to this woman. It's bullying and Mob Rule. Some things popped up on YouTube this weekend and the vitriol and hateful things still directed at her is appalling. And God help you if you point that out in the chats as lots of hate is then directed at you. NK was a victim in this crime as well. Her life was ruined by the monster that is Chris Watts.

It's such a heinous crime that people have a hard time wrapping their heads around it. The killer fooled lots of people who thought he was a perfect husband and father. NK unfortunately ran into him and was manipulated as well.

There is no possible way law enforcement would let someone go who had any part in this grisly crime. They would have thrown any charge they could at her if they had anything. She may have made some poor decisions, but things were moving very quickly in the early time of the investigation. The magnitude of the crime would cause a lot of stress for someone in her shoes. I think her story is equally as tragic. Her life was completely upended. I hope she is getting some help to get her life back on track.

I have found myself comparing NK to Amber Frey. In my opinion, the two are nothing alike. Once AF realized something was horrible wrong, she opened herself, her child, her family up like a hymn book in church and sang. She told everything she knew. She gave everything she had. AND, she openly grieved with LP's family. She faced the public humiliation and criticism head on. She truly was a victim. NK....yeah, I don't know. From day 1, she hid stuff, deleted stuff, played stupid. She openly entered a relationship with a man she knew was married from the get go. She at least admitted to that much. I think that changes her victim status slightly. Then, CW tells her he's getting divorced. Wouldn't you maybe verify that? Do some snooping? A quick glance at SW's SM would tell you that SW didn't think she was getting a divorce. It would tell you that she very much loved her "expanding" family. I don't know if it's just the way NK handles stressful situations or what but her demeanor was off in all of the LE interviews I heard/saw. There are folks all of the world who were/are devastated that a mom, 2 little girls, and an unborn little boy were senselessly murdered and I never saw what I would consider true remorse or even concern from NK, except for herself. Just some awkward giggles and a lot of trickle truthing. Everything seemed forced or faked. And then she vanished. Yes! I realize I'm comparing 2 different people in 2 different situations but, once again in my opinion, all this is why I think she's getting the hate that she's getting.
I have always thought she maybe saw or knew more than she admitted to. LE's investigation of her didn't check all my boxes and I still have questions nobody owes me answers to but I don't think she killed anybody.

After all that tho....I can't help but wonder what would have come out had they continued investigating even after CW confessed. Inquiring minds, curious cat, and all that...ya know?

I had to leave these threads after the second document dump as I was so depressed, but I just Googled to see what he was up to in prison and found this:

CW has been disciplined and separated from his 'brother in spirit', DT, after prison guards found his underwear, a jar of Vaseline and baby oil in the other man’s cell - but the inmate's fiancée insists Watts was only 'helping out' his friend.

They were placed in separate units after the items that CW had bought from the prison commissary were found in DT’s cell.

Chris Watts and prison pal are NOT lovers, says cellmate's fiancee | Daily Mail Online

Regardlesss of the fact that he shouldn't have given DT any products and didn't seek permission to do so, the boxer shorts are an entirely different matter.

I like the "fiancée" comments...what she doesn't know, "What happens in the Block, stays in the Block.".

And I also doubt that CW is a complete "pariah" on the block. People come and go. After awhile, no one really cares what anyone did. As long as he minds his own business...

I have found myself comparing NK to Amber Frey. In my opinion, the two are nothing alike. Once AF realized something was horrible wrong, she opened herself, her child, her family up like a hymn book in church and sang. She told everything she knew. She gave everything she had. AND, she openly grieved with LP's family. She faced the public humiliation and criticism head on. She truly was a victim. NK....yeah, I don't know. From day 1, she hid stuff, deleted stuff, played stupid. She openly entered a relationship with a man she knew was married from the get go. She at least admitted to that much. I think that changes her victim status slightly. Then, CW tells her he's getting divorced. Wouldn't you maybe verify that? Do some snooping? A quick glance at SW's SM would tell you that SW didn't think she was getting a divorce. It would tell you that she very much loved her "expanding" family. I don't know if it's just the way NK handles stressful situations or what but her demeanor was off in all of the LE interviews I heard/saw. There are folks all of the world who were/are devastated that a mom, 2 little girls, and an unborn little boy were senselessly murdered and I never saw what I would consider true remorse or even concern from NK, except for herself. Just some awkward giggles and a lot of trickle truthing. Everything seemed forced or faked. And then she vanished. Yes! I realize I'm comparing 2 different people in 2 different situations but, once again in my opinion, all this is why I think she's getting the hate that she's getting.
I have always thought she maybe saw or knew more than she admitted to. LE's investigation of her didn't check all my boxes and I still have questions nobody owes me answers to but I don't think she killed anybody.

After all that tho....I can't help but wonder what would have come out had they continued investigating even after CW confessed. Inquiring minds, curious cat, and all that...ya know?

Remember that a lot of info wasn't known to anyone at the time of some of the interviews. The gruesome details came out awhile later. That may explain some of the awkward interactions. NK also gave up her phone and computers and had them thoroughly gone through. If there was anything incriminating, the cops would have charged her. If there was anything fishy or out of place, they would have investigated it further. If there was one shred of anything there relating to a triple homicide involving children and one unborn child they would have gone after her with EVERYTHING they had 5 times over. There is no one more hated in the world then child killers. Cops put in a little extra effort when kids are harmed. NK was fully vetted. I don't blame her at all for disappearing.

As far as her snooping on SW, sure some natural curiosity about her might be there which would explain the Google search but as far as checking out her social media accounts to see if she was mentioning anything about a divorce?? I don't have a problem with that. I've had an affair with a married person. They were going thru a divorce. I never even thought about checking out anyone's social media to confirm or deny anything. I took what was told to me as being honest and I saw no need to go any further. They separated from each other and each got new places to live. I didn't really care about the spouse. I really didn't want to know any of the details to be honest. That was between them and it was none of my business. I didn't cause the divorce as they were already going through it by the time I entered the picture. It's kind of a similar situation. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can see the disconnect that NK had to SW. She didn't know her. Yes it was horrible but again what was known at the time of the interviews was way different to what was known later on in the case. All they knew at that point was that Chris may have done something to them.

Amber put herself at risk to help the investigation.
NK put distance between herself and the investigation to cover herself

Amber never tried to delete evidence from her phone of the relationship and she went to the police first. I believe NK deleted items from her phone. And the police went to her. (?).

Huge difference. I don't believe NK was involved with this situation. This was all CW's "fantasy" to just eliminate SW and the children. And carry-on, happily ever after with NK.

Amber never tried to delete evidence from her phone of the relationship and she went to the police first. I believe NK deleted items from her phone. And the police went to her. (?).

Huge difference. I don't believe NK was involved with this situation. This was all CW's "fantasy" to just eliminate SW and the children. And carry-on, happily ever after with NK.
BBM Until, of course daily life intervened and caused boredom on either one of their sides.

BBM Until, of course daily life intervened and caused boredom on either one of their sides.

That was CW's "fantasy". I bet NK would have been bored sooner than later, once the "infatuation" was gone.

There has been significant research done on women who have relationships with married men, surprisingly, many choose this, because they DON'T want a "real relationship". A few weekends, here and there, night out, always fun, none of the "drudge" of reality, laundry, money, dealing with family drama. Lots of romance.

I really don't think NK wanted a "real relationship" with CW. We don't know this, of course. What people say, and what they actually want/do can be very different.

He was probably a good time, and who knows, even that could have been on the way out. NK saw a lot of drama and child support money going out the door, CW wasn't a great catch.

There is a HUGE difference between cell phones an social media in 2002 when Frye/Peterson relationship occurred then what it is today. Texting was in it's infancy. Social Media was just being invented. Data collection was also minimal. In other words AF didn't really have to concern herself with cell phone calls/texts, etc, etc. Also the 24/7 news cycle wasn't as frenzied and immediate as it is now. There was a media frenzy but it was nowhere near the levels that it is today. It's really apples and oranges when the technology is concerned. The world was a much bigger place then. Amber didn't delete texts because they simply weren't there.

Tonight (Friday) on Lifetime:

Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer
8:00 - 10:00p
Sean Kleier Ashley Williams Michael Nankin
(2020)A man fails a lie detector test and confesses to brutally murdering his pregnant wife Shan'ann and their two young daughters.

Cellmate Secrets: Chris Watts
10:00 - 11:03p
Angie Harmon Chris Watts
(6/25)Christa Richello is convinced Chris Watts is innocent and is writing a book with him and her now-fiancé, Dylan; Christa delves into her relationship with the two men, and Cheryln Cadle reveals information the FBI doesn't know.

"Chris Watts is innocent.".

Nope.
I think the "clinical psychologist" lost a little credibility when she emphasized how her mother had been a prominent Charles Manson groupie.

Then they asked the ex cell mate why he thought CW was innocent and he said "I can't tell you".

Finally YT true crime absurdities reach prime time.

Actually the 2 guys never were "cell mates" anyway. CW never had a cell mate until recently. Private accommodations for >2 years for the baby killer.

So, contrary to what some ppl wanted, there were >18 million viewers watching a program re-affirming CW as being the family killer he repeatedly confessed to being. The "clinical psychologist" and the "cell mate" were thoroughly discredited (IMO) while author Cherlyn Cadle ("The murders of Christopher Watts") came across more favorably as she explained her opinion that he is definitely guilty. IMO

Last edited:
I read it, the first half is pretty much relating what happened, according to the discovery and interviews, mostly correct. But the second half is very interesting as she puts forth an analysis of how he could have turned out like he did. She's a psychiatrist or psychologist, not sure of the label, a mental health professional. For those paying attention like we have for more than 2 years, you could even skip the first part. It won't disclose anything new. But the analyses, yes, very interesting considering all the terms that have been thrown around re the freak from Frederick. (No she doesn't say "freak", but I do.)

I was just watching this crime on ID- before the cable went out-- I did not know he sent her a text or email stating he did not want that third baby. I was also amazed that he appeared to be the perfect husband and father - until he met that woman-- and became cold and unfeeling towards his wife. Shanaan's parents thought he was the most wonderful husband

After watching the story of Chris Watts today on ID I came away with comparing Scott Peterson and Chris Watts in this respect: IMO the trigger for their murdering their families was the pregnancy: I did not know that in a text or email Chris Watts told Shanaan he did not want that third child. It is amazing that both men appeared to be the perfect husband/father, but turned out to be sociopathic family annihilators when an obstacle got in their way of what they wanted (to be free of the family they had to start a new life with another woman)

3 years ago today :(
And there are people, principally from foreign countries, trying to get him off through YT efforts. It's been a cash cow, but maybe now, after 3 years in their graves, put there by the confessed baby murderer.... Maybe "this year" they and the Rzuceks will be left in peace. It still breaks me up to watch videos of those babies. I try to avoid them, but sometimes the vids show up in a playlist by accident. How could he.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members