GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you CO. IMO, if the W4 had someone watching the children, they wouldn't have entrusted them to just anyone on such an important night and, yes, it probably would have been one of the grandmothers. But, I would think anyone babysitting would have been charged as an accomplice, and that has never happened. DeWine has stated that everyone involved with these crimes has been charged.

"DeWine lamented the ways in which the eight victims were “brutally and viciously” executed. No other suspects are connected to the case, he said..."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...ecution-style-shootings-eight-family-members/

All JMO

I honestly don't think DeWine or Prosecutors were thinking about this at the time. They had been focused on the actual murders.

Bringing a baby sitter into the equation was not on their agenda.
As we wonder and theorize here, maybe there is no way to prove who was watching the children, if anyone. Maybe they were home alone.

I hope Jake has explained it to them.

Maybe. But that's not good either
Although better than dragging children around to 4 murder locations.

Seriously, if the children were in the vehicles, if CRsr and GR had been armed stepped out of the house at first opportunity and a gunfight ensued, those kids could have been hurt.
That didn't happen but W 's had no way of knowing just how things would unfold at Crsr place. And it seems something went sideways for them there.

Same in reverse if children were at home alone. What if CRsr and GR had prevailed and W's never returned home.

I believe someone had to have been watching those children. Someone.

These people live in a cult, the little boy went with them, I still say, that SW, was taken from the home, just before they killed HR. One of these people, admitted to the killing. So the kids well being, is not a issue. The kids were being raised, to think this behavior is normal. Looking at the the Wagner's family, 2 generations. The kids learn at a early age, the deceit, lying, and stealing is a part of life. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned in a post, yesterday I think, about the weapons listed in the 6/21/21 supplemental discovery. A knife was listed under DNA and latent prints, as I recall. Any thoughts as to how that knife was used? I assume the prints would be one of the W4, but the DNA could be a victim's or one of the W4 if the knife cut them in a struggle--maybe at CRSR's? IMO

MO.
I think we will someday find out how that knife was used and it will be
something we wish we didn't know.
The knife probably belonged to Billy. He carried that Leatherman tool on his belt daily, I assume. He had it when arrested.
I bet he had a bigger knife for this night.

These people live in a cult, the little boy went with them, I still say, that SW, was taken from the home, just before they killed HR. One of these people, admitted to the killing. So the kids well being, is not a issue. The kids were being raised, to think this behavior is normal. Looking at the the Wagner's family, 2 generations. The kids learn at a early age, the deceit, lying, and stealing is a part of life. <modsip>.

I can see your point. W's probably thought having the children with them was a good and normal 'family' event.
If so, They are monsters.

These people live in a cult, the little boy went with them, I still say, that SW, was taken from the home, just before they killed HR. One of these people, admitted to the killing. So the kids well being, is not a issue. The kids were being raised, to think this behavior is normal. Looking at the the Wagner's family, 2 generations. The kids learn at a early age, the deceit, lying, and stealing is a part of life. <modsnip>.

<modsnip>
In the info I was able to find, it is not surprising that the Rita N. family side and the Wagners met up with each other and a result of marriage of Billy & Angela ...

Just jumping off your post -

I have wondered what JW and his attorney were looking at. They both have the look as if they'd just seen a ghost or possibly something unexpected? Any thoughts?

TIA
I watched again. saw 2 possible spots where they both looked in same direction.
MO
The one I believe is the most telling for Jake is right near the very end, he half turns and sees LR and KR right there, no doubt glaring at him, sending some vibes his way. HHG's MOM would have been a bit behind and to the right also. Jake could have had one of those moments where time stops and vision is crisp and clear, all encompassing, memories flooding back.
The other is when AC somewhat abruptly and more volume to her voice than usual begins to speak. This occurred about 5 min. prior.

MO.
I think we will someday find out how that knife was used and it will be
something we wish we didn't know.
The knife probably belonged to Billy. He carried that Leatherman tool on his belt daily, I assume. He had it when arrested.
I bet he had a bigger knife for this night.

The knife is listed on the evidence documents that also lists the buckets of cement and guns so I think when Jake led BCI to the guns he also led them to the knife hidden with the guns. Knife used to cut down security cameras. I just don't believe they could get all the security cameras down without a tool to help.

at about part of his hearing?
This was toward the very end. I did write down the time reference but someone
helpfully put the papers in the trash.
It was in the last 10 minutes of the hearing for the AC look.
And closer to the very end for the other.
I'll see if I can fid it again.
Ok. 142:43
Right after Jake finished all the " I AM GUILTY YOUR HONOR"
AC speaks, both Jake and attorney look.
Then, Jake scans part the audience and briefly seems to see LR and KR.
I thought I saw something similar at about 2:00 but in looking again, maybe not.
There seems to be a look of startle when Judge says " This case is still pending.."

Last edited:
Maybe. But that's not good either
Although better than dragging children around to 4 murder locations.

Seriously, if the children were in the vehicles, if CRsr and GR had been armed stepped out of the house at first opportunity and a gunfight ensued, those kids could have been hurt.
That didn't happen but W 's had no way of knowing just how things would unfold at Crsr place. And it seems something went sideways for them there.

Same in reverse if children were at home alone. What if CRsr and GR had prevailed and W's never returned home.

I believe someone had to have been watching those children. Someone.
Not good at all, it's drugging children and locking them up with no supervision. The W's in my mind are despicable beings. They left 3 children in carnage with windows open and unattended, all alone.

I still remember the rage in Sheriff Reader's eyes when a reporter commented to him, well thankfully they didn't harm the children. He basically said whomever did this didn't care a wit about those kids and how they left them or what happened to them after they left.

Yes they could have killed them too but they left them not only in immediate danger of death because of their ages but with lifelong agonies to deal with.

W's are despicable beings, every one. AJMO

I honestly don't think DeWine or Prosecutors were thinking about this at the time. They had been focused on the actual murders.

Bringing a baby sitter into the equation was not on their agenda.
As we wonder and theorize here, maybe there is no way to prove who was watching the children, if anyone. Maybe they were home alone.

I hope Jake has explained it to them.

BBM. So do I.

Not good at all, it's drugging children and locking them up with no supervision. The W's in my mind are despicable beings. They left 3 children in carnage with windows open and unattended, all alone.

I still remember the rage in Sheriff Reader's eyes when a reporter commented to him, well thankfully they didn't harm the children. He basically said whomever did this didn't care a wit about those kids and how they left them or what happened to them after they left.

Yes they could have killed them too but they left them not only in immediate danger of death because of their ages but with lifelong agonies to deal with.

W's are despicable beings, every one. AJMO

BBM. Of course the W4 didn't care about THOSE three children. They weren't WAGNERS. You are absolutely right about the despicable part, IMO.

I personally think child endangerment charges should have also been filed against all of the W4. Any number of things could have happened to the three kids left behind at the murder scenes, especially the oldest one who was obviously able to get up and move about the house. Absolutely heartbreaking.

All JMO.

BBM. Of course the W4 didn't care about THOSE three children. They weren't WAGNERS. You are absolutely right about the despicable part, IMO.

I personally think child endangerment charges should have also been filed against all of the W4. Any number of things could have happened to the three kids left behind at the murder scenes, especially the oldest one who was obviously able to get up and move about the house. Absolutely heartbreaking.

All JMO.
I don't think W's were capable of caring about any child, unselfishly. They certainly didn't caring about ripping parents away from children or ripping children away from parents.

They will justify what they did and even think that GW4's son and JW's daughter needed to be with them for a good life.

Look how AW and GW3's kids turned out, capable of atrocities. AW gets a zero motherhood score from my perspective. She created monsters who had no human kindness, empathy, looked down on others and she wanted to steal away and control (not love) her grandchildren and raise them in the same way.

She was the Queen...or so she thought, IMO. If she does go to trial I just know there will be such hatred and malice spewed at the R's and M's, it breaks the heart.

I don't think W's were capable of caring about any child, unselfishly. They certainly didn't caring about ripping parents away from children or ripping children away from parents.

They will justify what they did and even think that GW4's son and JW's daughter needed to be with them for a good life.

Look how AW and GW3's kids turned out, capable of atrocities. AW gets a zero motherhood score from my perspective. She created monsters who had no human kindness, empathy, looked down on others and she wanted to steal away and control (not love) her grandchildren and raise them in the same way.

She was the Queen...or so she thought, IMO. If she does go to trial I just know there will be such hatred and malice spewed at the R's and M's, it breaks the heart.

Your quote:

"She was the Queen...or so she thought, IMO. If she does go to trial I just know there will be such hatred and malice spewed at the R's and M's, it breaks the heart."

It will backfire on the defense if they try to villianize the R's M's or G's in any way at trial.

It would totally turn off the jury and the public. A very stupid strategy loaded with pitfalls. Bound to make the jury more sympathetic to the prosecution.

I thought I saw something similar at about 2:00 but in looking again, maybe not.
There seems to be a look of startle when Judge says " This case is still pending.."
Thanks

I just watched it. IMO He did seem like he was startled when it sounded like someone left the court room . And then at the end when he heard the words still pending .

All JMO.
BBM -"I personally think child endangerment charges should have also been filed against all of the W4."

What good what that do? They were already up on DP charges.

I think AC was wise to stick with the DP charges only and keep the trial focus on that.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
The knife is listed on the evidence documents that also lists the buckets of cement and guns so I think when Jake led BCI to the guns he also led them to the knife hidden with the guns. Knife used to cut down security cameras. I just don't believe they could get all the security cameras down without a tool to help.
ITA the knife could have been used for a variety of uses that night.

But the knife contained DNA... I don't think it would matter if it was the DNA of the W4.

But it would be very important if the DNA belonged to anyone other than the W4.

JMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members