Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #68 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Lauren's live stream (part 2), she talks about how one night when Sheila was in Colorado, Barry had gone away hunting for the weekend. The two were hanging out one night at PP, and they noticed headlights pull in, not up to the house, but further up the driveway. They could see that someone got out of their car/truck, and the person was walking around the perimeter of the house looking in the windows, and it scared them. They called 911, and while Suzanne was on the call with dispatch, the person got back in their car/truck and pulled forward and it was Barry. He had "come home early" and didn't bother to tell her.

At 12:55:

Last edited:
<RSBM>
I can’t find the post with the exact times of the simultaneous truck door openings and the later single door opening, but that window of time is looking very suspicious, in terms of silence from Suzanne’s phone/social media and likely time of death.

I would like to see that info again, as well. It is probably buried here and I skimmed over it.
I didn't realise that both doors opened at any point (together). I somehow thought that there were two door openings, but they were at different times.

If anyone sees the info again, could they please post it here?
I will also look for it, when I have spare time this evening.

Her "ray of sunshine" was a nice, safe, married father of six. Did she deserve happiness? Yes. But her choices had the potential to hurt many people & now they have. I think she might even own that were she here today. He was SAFE - they weren't going to run away to Ecuador. And finding a new partner would never satisfy what was missing - a sense of her own agency, which she had yielded to her husband for most or all of her adult life.

Not victim-blaming. Just pointing out that such "happiness" is shallow. I would want much, much more for Suzanne.
As always, JMOO.

I feel like, for Suzanne, the affair was a symptom of the long term DV she was experiencing. Maybe it felt to her like an attempt at her own agency, IDK, I hope it did.

I think she probably owned it then. The boyfriend, though? Not so sure. JMO

Last edited:
Barry told authorities, “There’s not a more special, wonderful person in the world.” He said they did have “spats” about him working too much and he wanted her off a certain medication she was taking, but “it wasn’t like they didn’t make up,” Nielsen said.

Barry did not protest when his house became a crime scene, and his truck was picked up. He mentioned to deputies that Suzanne had been cleaning because the daughters’ friend was visiting, and Suzanne had changed the bed sheets for the friend.

In July 2020, Colorado Bureau of Investigation detectives began working again in and around the Morphew home. This search was extensive, with numerous items seized and hundreds of photos taken, Nielsen said. Blood was found on a tampon, but nowhere else in the home.

Nielsen read a section of Barry’s arrest affidavit on the prosecution’s theory, which included data from Barry’s Ford 350 truck. The affidavit reads, as read by Nielsen: From 2:47 p.m. May 9 until 5:37 a.m. May 10, he took steps to dispose of evidence of Suzanne’s disappearance and death.

ETA This Timeline on when Suzanne was last heard from-
Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
THE LAST COMMUNICATION FROM SUZANNE was at 14:11 on May 9 between her and Jeff Libler on Linked In.

At the end of his testimony, Stanley asked Walker to confirm Barry claimed he left his home for Broomfield at 5 a.m. on May 10. Walker said this was true. Stanley also confirmed through him that the data in Barry’s truck showed “door activity” at 3:26 a.m.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

So ultimately Suzanne lost her life May 9th between 2:11 pm and 2:47 PM? Is that what we can conclude?

“door activity” at 3:26 a.m... so was this the bit of evidence that LE confronted BE with before he changed his alibi to include the mechanical thingy that he had forgotten to mention in his original statement.

Last edited:
In Lauren's live stream (part 2), she talks about how one night when Sheila was in Colorado, Barry had gone away hunting for the weekend. The two were hanging out one night at PP, and they noticed headlights pull in, not up to the house, but further up the driveway. They could see that someone got out of their car/truck, and the person was walking around the perimeter of the house looking in the windows, and it scared them. They called 911, and while Suzanne was on the call with dispatch, the person got back in their car/truck and pulled forward and it was Barry. He had "come home early" and didn't tell bother to tell her.

At 12:55:

Creepy...triggering. Ugh...

Golly, a married man with six children doesn't really scream available, does it. I think it was a nice safe harbor for Suzanne. We know she was seeking peace.

Do you think the conversation on the spy pen, (between married man and Suzanne) was one of the deleted and recovered files? Or was she keeping it to enjoy his voice?

Someone-many pages ago-mentioned that Suzanne might have been trying to get her husband to leave her. Is this so?

In her latest YT vid, Lauren Scharf said it was indeed one of the deleted and recovered files. Sorry, no timestmap (watched it w/o taking notes, like an idiot) but it's in there.

This is all I am finding about the truck door opening. Is there something else that says two doors were opened simultaneously, or is that speculation?

Stanley also confirmed through him that the data in Barry’s truck showed “door activity” at 3:26 a.m.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

Final point from DA Linda Stanley - Activity from Barry Morphew's truck door shows it opened at around 3:26 am on 5/10 and opened again at 8:10. He told investigators he left the house that morning around 5. Walker steps down. FBI agent Ken Harris up next.
https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley/status/1424785226299895812

Never more have I felt so deeply sorry for Suzanne. I’ve been in her shoes (minus the children) where you’re in an abusive relationship that you can’t get out of, out of fear of your partner harming themselves, or you.

You stay, you’re unhappy, you resign yourself to this unhappy life, you lose yourself in every aspect, and then someone comes along, they might not be perfect and the situation might not be perfect, but they make you feel special and worthy again and this is what you crave. You record your moments with them and play them back because they bring you happiness in a life where you don’t have much of that.

They help you to build yourself back up, and you finally pluck up the courage to leave because whether it’s going to be with this person or not, you know that there’s a better life out there for you. In my case, I got away, I didn’t stay with that person for long but he helped me to find myself again. Unfortunately for Suzanne, she was so close, but he just wouldn’t let her go.

JMO but I don’t think JL was right for Suzanne. For all we and she knew, he could have been another narc! We know that empaths (I think Suzanne was one) attract narcs, and he could have been love bombing her and making false promises about their future (again JMO). Regardless, he was making her feel a certain way that she craved, it it brought her happiness and that brings me comfort knowing that there was one aspect of her life that brought her joy.

I’m so pleased that Suzanne was able to find some comfort, love and warmth in her final months

I’m on the fence as to whether Barry knew about the affair, I guess we’ll find out soon. I think it’s just as probable that Suzanne (having made sure the girls were away) asked him for a divorce and he lost it. She might have sowed the seed on Friday and when he couldn’t get his way on the Saturday and bring her around, when he knew that there was nothing more he could do and that she was done, he killed her. JMO.

ETA - “got to go home and make the wife happy” = she told me she wanted a divorce last night, I’m acting all weird because I know she could be home making plans to leave, so I need to go home and talk her around”.

Last edited:
Sorry - this is long - but wanted to capture most of the hearing. I'll try not to be that long for today -hopefully!

Tuesday, August 10th:
*Preliminary Hearing (Murder) (Day 2 of 4) & Status Conference Hearing (Voter fraud) (Day 2 of 4) (@ 9:30am MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence a public servant. And additional charges (5/18/21) with tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. No bond.
Missing info, Barry’s PP loan & court info from 5/10/20 thru 8/6/21 reference post #279 here:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #66 *ARREST*

*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.
For info on his voter fraud from 5/13/21 to 5/27/21 reference post #279 here:
5/27/21 Update: Status conference hearings on 8/9, 8/10, 8/23 & 8/24/21. 7/22/21 Update: See above under murder re hearing.
8/9/21 Update: Day 1 of 4: Prosecution has 8 witnesses for first 2 days & 450 exhibits alone. Defense attorney Dru Nielsen asked for a one-minute opening statement as the hearing gets underway. Judge says he does not need that & will not permit that.
State witnesses: Commander Alex Walker, works for the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. Walker was at the scene when deputies found the bike. Body-cam video from Dep. Brown of area where Suzanne Morphew's bike was found shown. Walker said deputies asked dispatch to ping her phone. Last activity on Suzanne's phone was 4:23am 5/10/20. Connected to the Poncha Springs tower. The boyfriend (MH) told deputies that Suzanne typically brings her car with her when she goes mountain biking, doesn't leave it home. Also mentioned: They've had some problems in the past. They have talked about separating. I've known this through Macy." Barry arrived at 8:46pm. Deputies ask two people to stop touching the bike in the body worn camera. Commander Walker testifies one of the people touching the bike was Barry Morphew. A picture of Suzanne wearing a light blue helmet & matching jacket with a camelback & sunglasses on is shown. She is on Methodist Mountain. The bike helmet was found .84 miles from the bike on May 14. The helmet was not damaged. It was found south on Highway 50 (10 meters from the road). Inside the helmet was a piece of paper with her name, number & family contact information. Walker says he spoke with Barry the following day (May 11) at 1:06pm (for 30 minutes). Barry said the last time he saw Suzanne was May 10 at 5am. Morphew also told Walker that the RV Park near the house was a suspicious location to be checked. He also mentioned a mountain lion. Says Barry texted Suzanne around 7:30am-8am wishing her a happy mother's day with no response. Commander says 10+ agencies helped in searches for Suzanne. He uncovers that searches are still underway. Suzanne's camelback was found in Suzanne's car. Sunglasses were found in Indiana inside the range rover. DA now asking Commander if anyone found any "drag" marks on the path where the bike was found & on the RV park trail. He says no.
Attorney Dru Nielsen on cross-examination. Investigators say Morphew told them he & Suzanne fought sometimes because he worked too much & he was upset about some medication Suzanne was on. He wanted her to get off the medication. Defense team asks if investigators have found any of Suzanne's blood in the house or anywhere in the course of this investigation, he says no. Commander Walker wrote 129 page affidavit which has been sealed from the public. Law enforcement agencies spent "thousands upon thousands of hours" searching for Suzanne. Grid searches, aircraft, scuba divers, swift water, K9 units, mines searched, drones, water pipes searched, ground penetrating radar search. In all of this, no human remains have been found. The day after helmet was found they searched this area. 134 search warrants have been signed in this case by judge. Nielsen says on July 8th investigators texted Morphew offering to bring him food & have a chat with him. She says on July 9th & 10th investigators were at the Morphew home. Barry was with LE to point out Suzanne's clothing — only there for a minute or two. Body camera footage shows he did what they asked. He wasn't allowed back in until authorities finished searching the home. Spy pen: Belonged to Suzanne. SO & her talked about getting her this spy pen. Morphew did not know about the spy pen. It is voice activated. Suzanne had suspected Barry was having an affair. Suzanne put "spy pen" in Barry's truck. Walker: "Barry wasn't found having an affair, Suzanne was having an affair for two years with a man named Jeff." Authorities didn't learn about this affair until November, 2020 — 6 months after Suzanne went missing. His name is Jeff Lidler, Nielsen said. There were hundreds of hours of phone calls, WhatsApp & other communication. They met up at least 6 times in different locations across the county & she didn't tell anybody about him. Nielsen says Jeff never came forward to law enforcement until they reached out to him 6 months after Suzanne went missing. She says Jeff asked FBI if he was a target of the investigation, they allegedly told him "no" & that they would "protect him". Jeff is a high school friend of Suzanne's.
The argument about time for questioning continues. The judge says if defense needs to call Commander Walker back at the end to tie up loose ends then they can, but they are going over their time limits. Nielsen argues he is the lead investigator & a critical witness. Prosecution says burden of proof is on them & they would like the defense to wrap up so they can get to their case. Judge tells defense he's confused why they're not understanding what he is asking of them.
On May 10, from 2:47pm (5/9) -5:30am (5/10) Morphew took steps in disposing of evidence according to activity on cell phones & truck. Neilsen is referring to Page 2 of the arrest affidavit re Telematix of truck.
Nielsen says DNA shows that there was a strong probability Suzanne's DNA was found on the cables that were unplugged from the system used to support the security cameras. They are talking about a blue cable to see if Suzanne's DNA was on that cable. DNA mixture of two. Likely Suzanne & an unknown male individual. Nielsen: DNA on the glove box of Suzanne's Range Rover came back with partial profile which matched 3 male profiles in CODIS (prison database) who were involved with sexual assault. Morphew's DNA excluded.
Nielsen concludes questioning & says she will save the rest of her questions for when they call the commander back.
Final point from DA Linda Stanley - Activity from Morphew's truck door shows it opened at around 3:26am on 5/10 & opened again at 8:10am. He told investigators he left the house that morning around 5am. Walker steps down.
FBI agent Ken Harris out of Denver office. He has been trained in the Behavioral Analysis Unit which led him to being involved in this case. He was looking into Suzanne's behaviors to help put pieces together. Testified about the spy pen. Agent Harris listened to the recordings from the spy pen that was apparently placed in Morphew's truck. He says the recording plays several podcasts from Forensic Files episodes that they believe Barry was listening to during drives. He says one of the Forensic File episodes was about someone going missing on a bike ride. And several more recordings about some of the conversations Barry & Suzanne had. One recording that starts in the truck: Suzanne was arguing with Barry about money. In particular, inheritance Suzanne had received that was used to buy the house & that Barry invested in business. Suzanne was also angry about what she can & cannot wear. Another recording, 5 hours long of Suzanne speaking with Jeff Lidler. Trip to Michigan on a business trip. This was important because FBI needed to find out who this Jeff guy was. He lives in Michigan. They secretly met up 6 times in New Orleans, Michigan, Texas, Indiana (2x) & Florida.
Harris testifies Barry said he & Suzanne had a “perfect night” day before he left for Broomfield & she disappeared. Suzanne's best friend from Indiana told the FBI the couple hadn’t had a "perfect night" in a year & a half. Said she spoke with Suzanne all the time. Exhibit 3 through 17: Screen shots of texts between Suzanne & Sheila, Suzanne’s best friend. Iris Eaton: objects. The screen shots don’t indicate the time stamps so we can’t tell the order.
Another text: Suzanne "He's (Barry) unstable". Another text implies that Barry would turn their daughters against her. It's revealed through these texts with her best friend that Suzanne's cancer had come back in 2018. She was concerned that stress from fighting with Barry was causing her health to deteriorate. Agent Harris mentioned that Sheila told him in 2018, Barry allegedly pushed Suzanne into a closet & put a gun to his head & asked her if this is what she wanted. Text messages reveal that Suzanne wanted to wait until Macy was on her own, out of the house to separate. Texts show Suzanne told Sheila, Barry wanted her to be the bad guy & he wanted to look good.
Prosecution is going through pages of text screenshots from Shelia talking to Suzanne. They talk about divorce, Macy & how Suzanne is afraid to be alone with Barry. Jeff Lindsey is still presenting text message screen shots & FBI agent Kenneth Harris is answering questions (exhibit 18-26) re texts from Jeff. The last communication from Suzanne was at 14:11 (2:11pm) on May 9 between her & Jeff Libler on Linked In. SA Harris says Jeff learned of Suzanne going missing & he did not want news of the affair to get out because he wanted to protect Suzanne's daughters.
Defense is up to questions SA Harris. Iris Eytan is starting off asking the agent about the texts between Suzanne & her friend Sheila.Eytan is asking if Harris is doing interpretations of the text messages. He said Sheila was providing her interpretations. The phone records were collected too as well as multiple interviews. Sheila & Holly, friends of Suzanne had recorded secret interviews with Morphew for the FBI at one point. An interview with Jeff Libler on Dec. 18, 2020 & three pages of conversations from the Linked In account. Talking again about the Spy Pen. Sheila got a spy pen — looks like an everyday black pen — and gave it to Suzanne when they were both in Florida. There were multiple audio files on the pen. It activates when it hears a voice, Eytan said. Eleven files were deleted (2 were recovered) & 11 were saved. The spy pen was found in Suzanne's closet. Harris said Lidler's phone was pinging off Michigan towers on May 10. Investigators found some journals but not all journals, according to Harris. Suzanne didn't write about the affair in any journal. Investigators never found Suzanne's phone or the charger she leaves plugged in next her bed. So investigators had what was backed up on the iCloud as well as phone records from the phone company. Eytan asked, if Suzanne had a simcard. Harris said no. SA Harris is discussing phone records & calls between Suzanne & Jeff Liebler. Defense says Libler planned to come see Suzanne in CO in March, but COVID hit. By April 2020 defense says the two were talking about love & calling each other their soulmates. They were sending nude photographs to each other & saying they should get married.
Judge has released SA Harris from the stand for the day. He'll be back tomorrow morning. Asks both attorneys to work to come to an agreement about SA Harris report on several things. Preliminary hearing starts at 9am (court site says 9:30am) on 8/10/21.

Sorry - this is long - but wanted to capture most of the hearing. I'll try not to be that long for today -hopefully!

Tuesday, August 10th:
*Preliminary Hearing (Murder) (Day 2 of 4) & Status Conference Hearing (Voter fraud) (Day 2 of 4) (@ 9:30am MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence a public servant. And additional charges (5/18/21) with tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. No bond.
Missing info, Barry’s PP loan & court info from 5/10/20 thru 8/6/21 reference post #279 here:

*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.
For info on his voter fraud from 5/13/21 to 5/27/21 reference post #279 here:
5/27/21 Update: Status conference hearings on 8/9, 8/10, 8/23 & 8/24/21. 7/22/21 Update: See above under murder re hearing.
8/9/21 Update: Day 1 of 4: Prosecution has 8 witnesses for first 2 days & 450 exhibits alone. Defense attorney Dru Nielsen asked for a one-minute opening statement as the hearing gets underway. Judge says he does not need that & will not permit that.
State witnesses: Commander Alex Walker, works for the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. Walker was at the scene when deputies found the bike. Body-cam video from Dep. Brown of area where Suzanne Morphew's bike was found shown. Walker said deputies asked dispatch to ping her phone. Last activity on Suzanne's phone was 4:23am 5/10/20. Connected to the Poncha Springs tower. The boyfriend (MH) told deputies that Suzanne typically brings her car with her when she goes mountain biking, doesn't leave it home. Also mentioned: They've had some problems in the past. They have talked about separating. I've known this through Macy." Barry arrived at 8:46pm. Deputies ask two people to stop touching the bike in the body worn camera. Commander Walker testifies one of the people touching the bike was Barry Morphew. A picture of Suzanne wearing a light blue helmet & matching jacket with a camelback & sunglasses on is shown. She is on Methodist Mountain. The bike helmet was found .84 miles from the bike on May 14. The helmet was not damaged. It was found south on Highway 50 (10 meters from the road). Inside the helmet was a piece of paper with her name, number & family contact information. Walker says he spoke with Barry the following day (May 11) at 1:06pm (for 30 minutes). Barry said the last time he saw Suzanne was May 10 at 5am. Morphew also told Walker that the RV Park near the house was a suspicious location to be checked. He also mentioned a mountain lion. Says Barry texted Suzanne around 7:30am-8am wishing her a happy mother's day with no response. Commander says 10+ agencies helped in searches for Suzanne. He uncovers that searches are still underway. Suzanne's camelback was found in Suzanne's car. Sunglasses were found in Indiana inside the range rover. DA now asking Commander if anyone found any "drag" marks on the path where the bike was found & on the RV park trail. He says no.
Attorney Dru Nielsen on cross-examination. Investigators say Morphew told them he & Suzanne fought sometimes because he worked too much & he was upset about some medication Suzanne was on. He wanted her to get off the medication. Defense team asks if investigators have found any of Suzanne's blood in the house or anywhere in the course of this investigation, he says no. Commander Walker wrote 129 page affidavit which has been sealed from the public. Law enforcement agencies spent "thousands upon thousands of hours" searching for Suzanne. Grid searches, aircraft, scuba divers, swift water, K9 units, mines searched, drones, water pipes searched, ground penetrating radar search. In all of this, no human remains have been found. The day after helmet was found they searched this area. 134 search warrants have been signed in this case by judge. Nielsen says on July 8th investigators texted Morphew offering to bring him food & have a chat with him. She says on July 9th & 10th investigators were at the Morphew home. Barry was with LE to point out Suzanne's clothing — only there for a minute or two. Body camera footage shows he did what they asked. He wasn't allowed back in until authorities finished searching the home. Spy pen: Belonged to Suzanne. SO & her talked about getting her this spy pen. Morphew did not know about the spy pen. It is voice activated. Suzanne had suspected Barry was having an affair. Suzanne put "spy pen" in Barry's truck. Walker: "Barry wasn't found having an affair, Suzanne was having an affair for two years with a man named Jeff." Authorities didn't learn about this affair until November, 2020 — 6 months after Suzanne went missing. His name is Jeff Lidler, Nielsen said. There were hundreds of hours of phone calls, WhatsApp & other communication. They met up at least 6 times in different locations across the county & she didn't tell anybody about him. Nielsen says Jeff never came forward to law enforcement until they reached out to him 6 months after Suzanne went missing. She says Jeff asked FBI if he was a target of the investigation, they allegedly told him "no" & that they would "protect him". Jeff is a high school friend of Suzanne's.
The argument about time for questioning continues. The judge says if defense needs to call Commander Walker back at the end to tie up loose ends then they can, but they are going over their time limits. Nielsen argues he is the lead investigator & a critical witness. Prosecution says burden of proof is on them & they would like the defense to wrap up so they can get to their case. Judge tells defense he's confused why they're not understanding what he is asking of them.
On May 10, from 2:47pm (5/9) -5:30am (5/10) Morphew took steps in disposing of evidence according to activity on cell phones & truck. Neilsen is referring to Page 2 of the arrest affidavit re Telematix of truck.
Nielsen says DNA shows that there was a strong probability Suzanne's DNA was found on the cables that were unplugged from the system used to support the security cameras. They are talking about a blue cable to see if Suzanne's DNA was on that cable. DNA mixture of two. Likely Suzanne & an unknown male individual. Nielsen: DNA on the glove box of Suzanne's Range Rover came back with partial profile which matched 3 male profiles in CODIS (prison database) who were involved with sexual assault. Morphew's DNA excluded.
Nielsen concludes questioning & says she will save the rest of her questions for when they call the commander back.
Final point from DA Linda Stanley - Activity from Morphew's truck door shows it opened at around 3:26am on 5/10 & opened again at 8:10am. He told investigators he left the house that morning around 5am. Walker steps down.
FBI agent Ken Harris out of Denver office. He has been trained in the Behavioral Analysis Unit which led him to being involved in this case. He was looking into Suzanne's behaviors to help put pieces together. Testified about the spy pen. Agent Harris listened to the recordings from the spy pen that was apparently placed in Morphew's truck. He says the recording plays several podcasts from Forensic Files episodes that they believe Barry was listening to during drives. He says one of the Forensic File episodes was about someone going missing on a bike ride. And several more recordings about some of the conversations Barry & Suzanne had. One recording that starts in the truck: Suzanne was arguing with Barry about money. In particular, inheritance Suzanne had received that was used to buy the house & that Barry invested in business. Suzanne was also angry about what she can & cannot wear. Another recording, 5 hours long of Suzanne speaking with Jeff Lidler. Trip to Michigan on a business trip. This was important because FBI needed to find out who this Jeff guy was. He lives in Michigan. They secretly met up 6 times in New Orleans, Michigan, Texas, Indiana (2x) & Florida.
Harris testifies Barry said he & Suzanne had a “perfect night” day before he left for Broomfield & she disappeared. Suzanne's best friend from Indiana told the FBI the couple hadn’t had a "perfect night" in a year & a half. Said she spoke with Suzanne all the time. Exhibit 3 through 17: Screen shots of texts between Suzanne & Sheila, Suzanne’s best friend. Iris Eaton: objects. The screen shots don’t indicate the time stamps so we can’t tell the order.
Another text: Suzanne "He's (Barry) unstable". Another text implies that Barry would turn their daughters against her. It's revealed through these texts with her best friend that Suzanne's cancer had come back in 2018. She was concerned that stress from fighting with Barry was causing her health to deteriorate. Agent Harris mentioned that Sheila told him in 2018, Barry allegedly pushed Suzanne into a closet & put a gun to his head & asked her if this is what she wanted. Text messages reveal that Suzanne wanted to wait until Macy was on her own, out of the house to separate. Texts show Suzanne told Sheila, Barry wanted her to be the bad guy & he wanted to look good.
Prosecution is going through pages of text screenshots from Shelia talking to Suzanne. They talk about divorce, Macy & how Suzanne is afraid to be alone with Barry. Jeff Lindsey is still presenting text message screen shots & FBI agent Kenneth Harris is answering questions (exhibit 18-26) re texts from Jeff. The last communication from Suzanne was at 14:11 (2:11pm) on May 9 between her & Jeff Libler on Linked In. SA Harris says Jeff learned of Suzanne going missing & he did not want news of the affair to get out because he wanted to protect Suzanne's daughters.
Defense is up to questions SA Harris. Iris Eytan is starting off asking the agent about the texts between Suzanne & her friend Sheila.Eytan is asking if Harris is doing interpretations of the text messages. He said Sheila was providing her interpretations. The phone records were collected too as well as multiple interviews. Sheila & Holly, friends of Suzanne had recorded secret interviews with Morphew for the FBI at one point. An interview with Jeff Libler on Dec. 18, 2020 & three pages of conversations from the Linked In account. Talking again about the Spy Pen. Sheila got a spy pen — looks like an everyday black pen — and gave it to Suzanne when they were both in Florida. There were multiple audio files on the pen. It activates when it hears a voice, Eytan said. Eleven files were deleted (2 were recovered) & 11 were saved. The spy pen was found in Suzanne's closet. Harris said Lidler's phone was pinging off Michigan towers on May 10. Investigators found some journals but not all journals, according to Harris. Suzanne didn't write about the affair in any journal. Investigators never found Suzanne's phone or the charger she leaves plugged in next her bed. So investigators had what was backed up on the iCloud as well as phone records from the phone company. Eytan asked, if Suzanne had a simcard. Harris said no. SA Harris is discussing phone records & calls between Suzanne & Jeff Liebler. Defense says Libler planned to come see Suzanne in CO in March, but COVID hit. By April 2020 defense says the two were talking about love & calling each other their soulmates. They were sending nude photographs to each other & saying they should get married.
Judge has released SA Harris from the stand for the day. He'll be back tomorrow morning. Asks both attorneys to work to come to an agreement about SA Harris report on several things. Preliminary hearing starts at 9am (court site says 9:30am) on 8/10/21.
This is brilliant Niner thank you

How do we know that it was Suzanne searching for info about Ecuador, and not BM? Was that clarified? I'm definitely not convinced (yet) that he didn't know about her having an affair. Remember, he is a tracker. I'd love to know what Barry's demeanor was like during this part of the hearing, listening to all the details about Suzanne loving another man. Was he squirming in his cowboy boots? :eek:

I passed out last night in the last hour or so of the hearing. It got late in Sweden, and I fell asleep with my computer on my lap. :cool:

Suzanne Morphew was considering fleeing to Ecuador with lover, husband Barry's murder trial hears | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
How do we know that it was Suzanne searching for info about Ecuador, and not BM? Was that clarified? I'm definitely not convinced (yet) that he didn't know about her having an affair. I'd love to know what Barry's demeanor was like during this part of the hearing, listening to all the details about Suzanne loving another man. Was he squirming in his cowboy boots? :eek:

I passed out last night in the last hour or so of the hearing. It got late in Sweden, and I fell asleep with my computer on my lap. :cool:

Suzanne Morphew was considering fleeing to Ecuador with lover, husband Barry's murder trial hears | Daily Mail Online
According to Lauren S he was winking at journos at one point :rolleyes:

Lol, I wouldn’t even fault her one bit if it was OP’s characterization. I always assumed their marriage wasn’t what was portrayed in photographs, but I had no idea it was anything like this.

I don’t know how she got out of bed in the morning.

I imagine an affair brought her great feelings of shame, but it gave her hope for the future; a better life.

This man dominated every aspect of her life. She was trapped, both by Barry, and by other (internal) forces. She tried pleading with him, and she tried applying pressure. She was trying to get out using every means at her disposal.

I believe it was her very efforts to get out that led to her death on Saturday afternoon.

I couldn’t care less which means she tried.

100% agree!

I lost track of the time frame/days, and am wondering how all this meshes with her phone call with her sister.
It was text messages between SM and her sister. Those messages were exchanged early Friday morning, May 8. Sorry I don’t have a link, but I’m 100% positive on the timing. MM’s final text to SM Friday morning was “I’m not going to respond right away, I want some time to think about what I want to say to you.” SM responded back she always appreciated MM love and guidance. (Paraphrasing)
MOO

This is all I am finding about the truck door opening. Is there something else that says two doors were opened simultaneously, or is that speculation?

Stanley also confirmed through him that the data in Barry’s truck showed “door activity” at 3:26 a.m.

Final point from DA Linda Stanley - Activity from Barry Morphew's truck door shows it opened at around 3:26 am on 5/10 and opened again at 8:10. He told investigators he left the house that morning around 5. Walker steps down. FBI agent Ken Harris up next.
https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley/status/1424785226299895812
I don't think it means the doors were opened simultaneously. A door was opened at 3:26 and then again at 8:10 am. If he arrived in Broomfield or the hotel at 8:10 after leaving at around 3:26, that gives him almost five hours to get to his destination, instead of 2 1/2 hours. There might be other "door activity" in between that time we haven't heard about yet. I hope they know if the truck was stopped for a period of time and where.

I think he took her body with him and disposed of it along the way. I never believed he hid her body on his property or at a jobsite, although anything is possible. I don't think he used the bobcat either. I think the PE guys saw those rumors and just ran with it. Same with the pink bike and the five trees Barry purchased and planted, and the idea that the body was moved several times and dogs picked up the smell of decomp on the blade.

I don't know about the large amount of chlorine that was purchased. I do think Barry cleaned up the house before leaving, but I'm not sure why he would have needed chlorine at the hotel. I think a long shower would have been enough. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly