Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just spotted something on the body cam footage to help support evidence Brian was controlling her phone. The police officer that was talking to gabby comes over to Brian to ask him where her phone is. - If Gabby knew why would they need to ask Brian.

He then tells the officer that its in a spot whilst gesturing with his hand in a way that looks like he’s showing it’s tucked in somewhere. - what 22 year old doesn’t have their phone on them in a pocket or shoved into their bra.

When he gets her phone out of the car (an iPhone with FaceID) he UNLOCKS the phone with his face and gives it to the officer. - If Gabby had a way into her phone he would not need to unlock it for her! This is at 42 minutes in. He looks at the phone and swipes up.

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that at 14.35 in the video, BL says,

"I don't have my phone on me..I don't have my..I don't really.. I don't have a phone, so if she goes off without me, I'm on my own!"

Why would he claim he doesn't have his own phone when he does?

It would be so nice if all the immediate neighbours could post large poster sized photos of Gabby on their front lawns. The Laundries need to see her face every time they go out and be reminded of what happened. Maybe something so simple could trigger a bit of guilt and loosen their tongues.

What stands out to me is that all the paint markings on the trees are at relatively the same heights.
I wonder if whatever happened started by the van and she ran.. possibly spraying blood over all the marked spots..

"I don't have my phone on me..I don't have my..I don't really.. I don't have a phone, so if she goes off without me, I'm on my own!"

This is in the context of LE asking him about taking the keys to the van. He replies that his biggest fear is her leaving with the van with his phone inside. 14:05ish

The People article is more recent than the tweet from the CBS reporter, but it's based on what was told to The Independent, which might have been days before. I took it as a 'more recent' statement, and confirmation that the search team was not involved at all in building a memorial at the site. Which tracks for me, since I could not imagine law enforcement putting up a memorial of any sort, let alone one that might be considered a religious symbol, but I've felt this way since day 1.

Hard to tell what's true.
Exactly and I do try to update the timeline as new information is available but will admit my focus these past few days has been 8/27 to 9/11 and then when he supposedly left for his “hike” and his parents waited to report him missing …
JMO

What I can't quite figure out is what is the point of him hiding out? At some point he will need to get money, food or clothes, supplies of some sort and if he breaks cover, goes anywhere near an ATM or food shop he will be spotted. Sure the current publicity and his face will fade somewhat from the public eye but its hard to see how he could get on with his life in any meaningful way without being identified. So if this was planned either on his own or with his parents it's a dead end not a strategy. Another impulsive move that leaves him nowhere to go. Like his cross country flight home after AP's death.

It makes it harder for me to imagine his parents being involved because surely it would be obvious that he would have to surface and face the music at some point? At least to them as more mature adults?

So for me it feels more likely that he may never be found because he's dead - whether through suicide or misadventure. We may never know which. After all we read many cases on here of people who go missing and aren't found for years or at all whilst hiking or travelling on their own. All JMO.
If he has enough money, he need never surface again. He can live quite happily using a minimal of disguises in a place where people don't ask questions- any big city or remotely. Pay cash for everything.
Easiest thing in the world to do.

Why would he say no comment when asked where he left his fiance?

And that is so wrong. There is something wrong when LE doesn't understand reactive violence. You have the right to defend yourself if you are being attacked. This sounds like 1980's policing. And this is why DV victims hide the abuse. They speak up or call the police and they get punished by LE and their abuser is now really really angry you called the cops.

I am a LE family. I defend LE to a fault. I will not defend them for their actions in Moab. I don't know if a policy change is needed or better training.

It can't be said nothing the police would have done would have made a difference. We do not know that. If Gabby would have correctly been deemed the victim, and had been taken to a woman's shelter and gotten professional help she might be alive today.
She also wouldn't have heard a potentially deadly message that "they will think you're the crazy one, no one is going to help you, everyone will blame you." The look on her face when she was answering the cop's question about whether she intended to injure BL. The fear and sorrow. So hard to watch. :( MOO.

BL is the exact opposite of Alpha. Alphas don't abuse women.

With all due respect I’m getting really sick of seeing this kind of thing posted, here and elsewhere. Same with the “BL is no real man” comments. The notion that there is some kind of evolved breed of man that is somehow completely immune to harming women detracts from the fact that men of all sizes, shapes, ages, personalities, etc abuse and kill women every day, “Alpha” or not. It is a dangerous way to think IMO.

All we have is speculation?? With what we know the most likely explanation is DV gone too far. My gut feeling is strangulation as he seems to have form with that (she says he grabbed her around the chin/throat) - the other explamation is that he is a homicidal maniac who has planned GP's murder, which is unusual and more unlikely IMO.
Murder is murder. DV gone too far is murder it is not less because it was DV. He does not have to have planned it to be murder. If you strangle someone which takes minutes, you have intended to kill them. Plenty of time to stop. IMO.

Exactly and I do try to update the timeline as new information is available but will admit my focus these past few days has been 8/27 to 9/11 and then when he supposedly left for his “hike” and his parents waited to report him missing …
JMO

I apologize if I came off brash. I know that you put a lot of work into that first page, and attempt to set the tone for the rest of the thread by laying out a timeline of facts. It does not go unnoticed, even by people like me who have been here since 2017!

Some interesting photos inside the Laundrie's home from 2017 when it was on the market here, including Brian's bedroom with some objects of possible interest. Also photos of additional real estate holdings that they have sold. I don't quite know what to make of the photos of their current home. I assume they were asked to depersonalize by the realtor?: Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed
Those photos are from 2017 but the Laundrie’s only moved into the house 2 years or so ago. It was rented prior to that. So those photos technically have nothing to do with them.

If he has enough money, he need never surface again. He can live quite happily using a minimal of disguises in a place where people don't ask questions- any big city or remotely. Pay cash for everything.
Easiest thing in the world to do.
IDK. I think GP held him together, until the stress of being out of his routine made that impossible perhaps. I don't know that he would be capable of functioning on his own.

Amateur opinion and speculation

UPDATE: Search for Brian Laundrie wraps for the day

North Port Police also addresses the cost of the search for Brian

@nbc6 #gabbypetito
View attachment 314500 View attachment 314501

https://twitter.com/cbenavidestv/status/1441530104753045511?s=21
Thanks for this. I saw a reporter today mentioning that the search consisted mainly of local LE.
So, then I started thinking that perhaps the Feds or FBI have the local LE maintaining that search to make sure they are doing due diligence, and meanwhile other searches are happening out of the limelight. Do you think the AP trails are being searched now?

He only had a 6 gallon water tank for the van which is insane to be out in that area with so little water! IMO

And I am pretty sure he said they were out of water! So while Gabby worked all day at the coffee shop, he couldn't go fill up the water? He couldn't tidy up the van? I've traveled in an RV with people who don't lift a finger to help out with even little things (refill the cooler because drinks are low, get out and help navigate the RV into a designated spot, etc) and it is maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa