Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

A Few Reminders from the Wild Ride of the last several days:

-Discussion of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his involvement as it relates to the search for Gabby is permitted. Discussion of Dog as an individual, his past, publicity and/or the generalities of him with regard to your personal opinions is not helpful in progressing the dialogue. In this regard posts will be considered “off topic

-Twitter of Dog’s Daughter in regards to Brians voice is approved as she is working the search with Dog.

Now for the Meat and Potatoes:
When the Admin or Mod Team approves something for discussion, it is simply that, “Approved for Discussion”. It is up to individual Posters to determine what they make of it and where they file it in their “yay or nay” list. Openly discussing differing points of view is helpful and what the forum is about.

Blatant arguing or responding to simply tell a poster “you are wrong” is not productive or permitted.
If you see an opinion from a different point of view, share why that is and with a link to support any statements of fact.

We are all adults here, let’s speak to one another in a civil manner. Imagine where the thread could go with more curiosity and less bickering and shut downs.

I know, quite a long opening post. Here is to fastening the seat belt.

Best,
Tiff

P.S. - IF you have a question regarding moderation or content approval, use the “report” link at the bottom of any post to reach a Mod or Admin privately without clogging up or disrupting the thread.

Due to excessive TOS violations the last several days, future violations in Gabby’s thread will result in an automatic 5 Day TO per the instruction of WS Owner, Tricia.

Last edited:
*Good morning everyone. Today might be the day. So, let’s all keep calm and make that coffee strong.

A person who used to work at Civic Plus, a software company that manages the Fort De Soto campground’s reservation system, told Fox News on condition of anonymity that he believed the Laundries may have known their son was coming home Aug. 31 and made the changes to their reservations.

The source told Fox that the information about the changed reservations has been turned over to the feds.

Meanwhile, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe suggested in a new interview that Laundrie’s parents know more than they have said.
Brian Laundrie's mom changed Florida camping reservation before son returned

Dog the Bounty Hunter, who is on the hunt for fugitive Brian Laundrie, has reportedly come across a fresh campsite at a Florida park where he and his team found a can of Monster Energy Ultra Gold.

The can showed no signs of rust or faded colors, but the reality TV star — whose real name is Duane Chapman — found no firm evidence the late Gabby Petito’s boyfriend was still on Egmont Key in the woods of Shell Island near Fort De Soto Park, Fox News reported.

“We’re here at the island. This would be and could be the perfect spot for him to hide. Not too many people out here but there’s a lot of environmental things that we’re going to fight,” Chapman said on Twitter Wednesday

So here we go. The search now is really on. The search has just begun,” the 68-year-old added.

A source close to Chapman told The Post this week that the celebrity manhunter was on Florida’s Marco Island and setting up a home base in the Sunshine State from which to launch his search for Laundrie.
Brian Laundrie update: Dog the Bounty Hunter reportedly finds campsite

“We have received an avalanche of tips on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie,” Dog told E! News. “There is a remarkable amount of information being shared from neighbors, friends and people who may have very recently seen Brian. For those close to Brian, I’d like to restate our goal is to capture him alive. His best chance is if we bring him in. If family and friends want to help Brian, they will help us locate him so we can help end this peacefully.”

As he makes his way back into the headlines, Variety reports Chapman has been plotting his return to reality TV.
Dog the Bounty Hunter pitching new reality show as he chases Brian Laundrie, report says | KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com

The attorney for the Laundrie family, Steven Bertolino, says a phone was purchased on Sept. 4 and Brian Laundrie opened an account with AT&T for that phone

Bertolino says Laundrie left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the Carlton Reserve 10 days later. The FBI now has the phone.

When asked if Laundrie had a phone while traveling out west with Gabby Petito, Bertolino told WFLA he didn’t know.
FBI looking at new phone purchased by Brian Laundrie, reviewing surveillance video from campground | WBTW

This is my post from thread # 43

Thora_Jay said:
I was just looking at my drone that is sitting on my coffee table, I used it last night that is where I plopped it down lol.
Gabby’s drone must have been still in the van so they will be checking the sd card, the internal memory that is built in, plus the controller. All of those with that drone have a wealth of info.
It is illegal to fly a drone in a National Forest unless you have a permit.
Maybe they used the drone in the Teton Reserve without a permit and there is something on the footage maybe
I was just looking at my drone that is sitting on my coffee table, I used it last night that is where I plopped it down lol.
Gabby’s drone must have been still in the van so they will be checking the sd card, the internal memory that is built in, plus the controller. All of those with that drone have a wealth of info.
It is illegal to fly a drone in a National Forest unless you have a permit.
Maybe they used the drone in the Teton Reserve without a permit and there is something on the footage maybe

Clever thinking. I forgot about the drone. She probably took an enormous amount of footage on her travels. Her family will have that to look forward to once the FBI returns it to them. Hopefully it's been located.
Hi there Cedar Sherwood!
Thank you so very much for your compliment, you made my day!
Yes even the information stored in the controller has a ton of info.
Longitude and latitude home address, time and date, email address you used for that when it was installed on your phone or tablet app. Also any credit card info used with the app. Even if the sd card was taken out, the internal memory and the controller has everything.

It even shows the longitude and latitude where you first took it out of the box and set it up

No make sure you remember all this in case you have a drone sitting around that you want to sell on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist or anything like that….do not sell it!!

Last edited:
Can we start off the day saying the timeline from 9/1 to 9/10 is still a mystery to us? A lot have assumed that parents knew, hired attorney, ignored calls on 9/1 or over that time period but we don't know what happened when. Just throwing that out there before we have 10 pages of arguments. When they knew and what they knew can change the narrative wildly so assumptions are dangerous.

Shout out to the Mods for their dedication and hard work!! I can't imagine having to read and edit threads of repetitive information. I've had to step away from this thread specifically bc it moves so very quickly and there is no new information. I'm hoping BL's sorry ace is caught soon.

The couple, which chose to keep their identities secret, told NBC 2 they saw Laundrie and his family at their campground in Fort DeSoto Park on Sept. 6.

They kept to themselves,” the woman said. “They were there, and then they weren’t.”

“Very strange. If somebody I knew was missing, I wouldn’t be going camping,” the man said.
Couple claims they camped next to Brian Laundrie, his family at Fort De Soto Park | WFLA

The FBI has not released the surveillance video from Fort De Soto. A spokeswoman says they’re not addressing specific questions about the investigation.

A spokeswoman with FBI Denver Division also sent this statement:

Since this is an ongoing federal investigation, we cannot address specific questions about the investigation, nor can we offer any comment other than what is posted in our official statements on our Twitter feed (@FBIDenver)
FBI looking at new phone purchased by Brian Laundrie, reviewing surveillance video from campground | WSAV-TV

Maybe a dumb idea, but what are the chances mom and dad, knowing BL was heading home, made arrangements for someone to pick him up from the campground by boat, and take him to another country that way?
Who would be that loyal though? If they were family, FBI would have found them. If they were a hired stranger, they'd have turned him in.

The intensity of the search has gotten much more significant IMO. Every moment feels like it could be the moment. I am leaning toward the leads in the Carolinas as being the most important right now, but I’m keeping an open mind about DTBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa