Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to discuss Petito interview on Dr. Phil. I recorded it yesterday, watched it last night and have part 2 set to record today. I do not see anyone posting about it??? Do you have it as approved media?

Hope someone can post about it, the DVR ghosts decided to have an extra long visit with mine and the recording jumps through multiple programs at high speed
I dislike the way they present his show on YouTube, seems like there's generally large chunks of interviews missing. Is it available anywhere else for viewing?

I found it odd on the WFLA live stream when Paul in the helicopter just abruptly said (paraphrasing) we gotta go JB we gotta head back to Tampa. JB does say later they were returning to Tampa to refuel, but IMO I think he assumed that. The helicopter was not out there long at all & every other time they needed to refuel, Paul has said that’s why he was leaving. All JMO but I don’t think it was refueling. When Paul said he had to go he sounded very confused IMO.

I looked for parking restrictions at the park and couldn't find them. Can you help me with your source please?

I found this:
https://www.cityofnorthport.com/home/showpublisheddocument/6298/637672118116670000

which has: "HOURS 6:00 a.m. - Sunset"

and this:

Your Local Parks | North Port, FL

which has:

"Primitive camping is also allowed at this park with a permit."

So without a permit for camping I could see that a car left there overnight would be an issue.
Google Street view doesn't go into the parking lot, so can't see any signage there.

LOL …no we don’t build bunkers but we do use storage units due to lack of space. But our homes become bunkers when we close our hurricane shutters if a hurricane is approaching!

Are there any pipe like structures big enough for alligators to stay in or is that complete urban myth? We have huge drainage pipes in the Midwest twice the size of a man.

You can see from the point of view that Brian is not reading this book because he is in the background. It is most likely Gabby, as it is her tiktok. In any case, I refuse to pass any judgement on someone because they have an interest in true crime.

No, we'd all be in trouble, wouldn't we?

Hm, now I want to go read Crime and Punishment...

We have this one in her media thread.
Hope someone can post about it, the DVR ghosts decided to have an extra long visit with mine and the recording jumps through multiple programs at high speed
I dislike the way they present his show on YouTube, seems like there's generally large chunks of interviews missing. Is it available anywhere else for viewing?

To conceal the gun which was in trunk of the Mustang. LE found what appeared to be an empty gun case there. Just speculating, LE has never divulged what the item that looked like a gun case to us was. And it was the parents who gave a minimal description of what he had with him when they last saw him.....so take what they say with a boulder of salt. Between the two of them, they couldn't even get what day he left straight! Grrrr jmo

They had to give the day he left on the missing person’s report. It’s just that th dates are being reported for a lot of the key events all over the place

At the end of the WFLA stream, a Sarasota County truck turned into the entrance of the search area, I can't make out what is in the back of the truck but I took a screenshot of it.

I'm probably way off but to me it looks like a piece of landscaping equipment, like one of those saw blades at the end of a long handle or possibly a heavy-duty string trimer.

So long as he was buying them using that prepaid Visa bought fourth-hand on the street so as to be untraceable :)

ETA: I've never
So long as he was buying them using that prepaid Visa bought fourth-hand on the street so as to be untraceable :)

ETA: I've never picked up my Amazon stuff at a locker (I'm hooked on having things magically show up on my literal doorstep). What do you have to do/have/show to access your stuff?
You receive an email with the locker number and combination.
You can go any time. In the middle of the night, etc.

I found it odd on the WFLA live stream when Paul in the helicopter just abruptly said (paraphrasing) we gotta go JB we gotta head back to Tampa. JB does say later they were returning to Tampa to refuel, but IMO I think he assumed that. The helicopter was not out there long at all & every other time they needed to refuel, Paul has said that’s why he was leaving. All JMO but I don’t think it was refueling. When Paul said he had to go he sounded very confused IMO.

The pilot stated he needed to return to refuel.

But wait, I forget - what's the relevance of it if she wasn't trying to make a career or self-sustaining business out of it? What if it was just something she enjoyed or wanted to try her hand at? Does that make it less...something? Is the notion that one oerdon's desire to hike > another person's desire to stitch a video story together?

I've literally lost the thread of why this is a discussion topic.
It's a conversation thread, which I think began with a response I made to another poster. The post you quoted is part of that conversation. You can view the history of the conversation by clicking the 'up' arrow on each relevant post.

You can see from the point of view that Brian is not reading this book because he is in the background. It is most likely Gabby, as it is her tiktok. In any case, I refuse to pass any judgement on someone because they have an interest in true crime.
I don't think ANYONE who is on this page should judge anyone about reading true crime....

Did anyone notice during WFLA live the vehicle that was behind the drone van that was black on the bridge? It looked a like a big antenna or something on top but then I think it was actually attached to the guardrail on the bridge. Any ideas what that is? WFLA Now Video Fore reference look around the 24 minute mark here:

I have a question, and apologize if its been covered. If mom and dad think BL is camping and get a notice that the car will be towed in 5 days - why do they pick up the car the very next day? Wouldn't you leave it banking on BL will be back before its towed? I mean, unless you know he's not there at all or dead.

That I can't answer not being a local, but the whole story just doesn't ring true to me. As a mother, my first instinct would be the welfare of my child & not a car, the last thing I would do is remove his method of transportation away from him. I would contact the ticketing agency & explain the situation & why the car could not be removed, also if I believed he may have intentions of self-harm I would not wait 2-3 days to report that, it just all sounds pre-planned to me.

Well, I suppose they could have just moved the car to a different place and left a note on it. Might still have gotten a tow. Maybe LE knew exactly whose car it was? I would wager that they did.

I agree it does sound pre-planned. But I don't think that BL is your typical adult child, and I think his parents may have been quite tired of his...um...errant behavior, so they may well have wanted to make sure they kept the Mustang and didn't have to pay impound fees, as opposed to (once again) bailing out BL for his weirdness (that's assuming they really thought he went hiking).

But you've nudged me off the fence. They obviously didn't think he had gone hiking (or was at risk of suicide) or they would have behaved differently and would be behaving differently now.

OMG WFLA going over comments that maybe Brian is in his parents house.

I am a frequent LE critic but I do trust that the FBI knows how to search a house!

Well, I wonder if they actually went up into the attic or into the warren of boxes in the garage. It looks like a big solid mass of boxes in the garage, but there could easily be a carton of Brian.

They certainly didn't open every box, I would guess. It looked like they did the standard search.

So yeah, he could have had a hidey hole in the house. Anyone who builds an impromptu staircase so that their kid can bolt over the back fence is capable of keeping a large box for him to hide in, in the middle of a bunch of other boxes. FBI would have needed a lot of time to clean out that garage that day, and it would have been visible from outside the house.

Some have mentioned that pillar-like thing in his bedroom, but I can't see from the picture whether the drywall was structured so as to make an opening. I do wonder why it's there. Perhaps just weird house construction. There are certain states of mind, cognitive conditions, where the subject likes to hide, seeks a small space, etc.

Indeed, Van Life has real appeal to such people and both Alex Honnold and his mom have spoken about his mind qualities, which make him favor Van Life.

Yes, the way he described the circle for where the firepit was and where the tent would go, I definitely think they camped there.
I don't know if rangers frown on offsite camping, but where they were was not a numbered site. Bethune's left the area because there were no empty authorized sites available. Van was parked just off the road, and a tent and campfire out beyond it would have drawn some attention, I'd think....unless no ranger was patrolling for several days. JMO

I BELIEVE there's a second part airing today, just a heads up. I don't know what TV service provider you have. But I was able to search Dr. Phil last night and the aired the first part again at like 3 am this morning, so I was able to record it and watch it this morning. You might be able to find it on on demand or something :( I hate when technology glitches like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike