Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
To take up a bit for my state of NC, it's not as though "LE in NC" is one entity (unless we're talking about the State Bureau of Investigation-- SBI) But most 911 sightings of BL are being reported to sheriff's offices in rural counties for investigation. That's where the AT is, after all

I'm not sure how LE (anywhere) can call press conferences to rule out sightings. Most of the time, unfortunately, sightings can't be ruled out. It seems to me the only way to do that is to ID the person seen and determine it wasn't BL. (And sometimes if photos exist experts can determine the person isn't BL using technology but photos are rare.) I expect though most of the sightings near the AT won't be ruled out. Bearded men in the mountains may not be aware of tbe case but even if they are and think they've been mistaken for BL, a majority won't be rushing to the nearest LE to say "Look at me. I'm not him."

Certainly some of the NC sightings are not BL though because he couldn't be in so many different places distant from each other at the times he was supposedly spotted.

JMO

I think i am just looking for SOME agency to attempt a press conference.... to HELP rule out stuff. OUtside of the constant work in the Reserve in FL, there appears to be no more detailed info than all the sightings in NC. Even if they just indicate that all the sightings in NC cannot be real..because of the distances....

The lawyer ( you know...that real estate lawyer from Long Island in NY).... is the ONLY person making any statements, and it is just so discouraging.

I seem to recall the family did report him missing because they were concerned he may hurt himself. I can’t find an approved news site quickly to cite but if you Google “Brian Laundrie parents concerned hurt himself” there are many sources including some ABC news sites and Yahoo news, who used that comment in their articles, but I don’t know if they’re approved here.

Here ya go

Family of Brian Laundrie feared he might hurt himself after he left without wallet: report

It’s still hot and very humid and rainy- all speed decomposition - iMO - I researched two body farm websites that specialize in tracking this - if he went into that preserve 9/12 - and was exposed all this time? Sigh… but I expect he’s ha going in the AC somewhere north of FL these days
JMO
I can't decide. I'm sure wherever he is, he's not moving, but I don't see any way for him to be alive without help. Money wouldn't be enough at this point. I'm sticking with suicide for now. Truly, if a spaceship dropped him off at Donald Trump's home, it would just be another day for this case. Nothing is surprising anymore.

I see a difference between multiple slaps on the face and grabbing her jaw. Gabby clearly stated he did not hit me but grabbed my face and scratch my cheek. Cant remember exact words. No reason to lie if she admitted one thing but not the other. imo
I'm not arguing this one way or the other. Simply stating there is an issue with his official report. It's being looked into. nothing more dramatic than that. MOO

Finding accomplices to facilitate escape. Taking into account our POI's talent for making bad judgements, do you think he had a cache of ready and willing accomplices lined up between Wyoming and North Port? And could he round them all up, unload his tale, create a plan, and make it back to North Port at top speed? Hmmm.
Maybe, there was a call (from the missing original phone) back to North Port, and the advice to rocket back (just don't get stopped by a cop) and we'll figure it out when you get here. Outside of the family unit, who did BL have an opportunity to plan the great escape with? And if planned while out on the road, why come home?
And all that time between arriving home and the report of GP being missing...
I'll bet there isn't a fingerprint, a nose hair, or a skin cell left anywhere in that van (I'm hoping they M-vac the entire interior). Spanking new, as if it came right off the assembly line.
Using deductive reasoning, and if you think BL is being assisted in his escape, who is orchestrating his disappearance?
MOO
To pile it on here....
BL seems to be a guy without friends. But yet, there's a lot of talk about a whole friendship network willing to come to his assistance. Maybe no one likes him?
BL has never been independent or out on his own. But he's supposed to be out there on his ownsome hanging out in the wilderness 'til the end of time?
He seems to need his momma. But he's jetting off to Mexico?
He couldn't cook his way through a van camping trip. He felt compelled to eat at restaurants. But he's foraging for food?

I can't decide. I'm sure wherever he is, he's not moving, but I don't see any way for him to be alive without help. Money wouldn't be enough at this point. I'm sticking with suicide for now. Truly, if a spaceship dropped him off at Donald Trump's home, it would just be another day for this case. Nothing is surprising anymore.
We would hear about what "terrible treatment" he is getting in the press...........JMO

I think i am just looking for SOME agency to attempt a press conference.... to HELP rule out stuff. OUtside of the constant work in the Reserve in FL, there appears to be no more detailed info than all the sightings in NC. Even if they just indicate that all the sightings in NC cannot be real..because of the distances....

The lawyer ( you know...that real estate lawyer from Long Island in NY).... is the ONLY person making any statements, and it is just so discouraging.

I understand what you are saying. But say there are 2 sightings in NC 100 miles apart at the same time or close to it. Obviously both can't be BL. Maybe neither is BL but both can't be. But LE doesn't want to say BL can't be at Point A or at Point B in NC. Because he could be either place or even both places but just not both places at close to the same time.
JMO

I don't understand why this is causing so much confusion. The indictment lists the bank account and debit card numbers. The Petito family knows Gabby's bank account and debit card numbers. The family's lawyer stated these are Gabby's bank accounts and Gabby's debit card.

If one bank card is listed and the attorney for the Petito family states that Brian used Gabby's bank card, why would we assume there is a second unauthorized use that just wasn't charged (for using Gabby's card) and this one is really someone else's?

FACT: "BRIAN CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capital One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capital One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things for value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interestate commerce."
SOURCE: United States v. Brian Christopher Laundrie, No. 21 CR 113-S (D. Wyoming) (September 22, 2021)

FACT: "He used her credit card to get home."
SOURCE: Richard Stafford, Petito family attorney, available at: Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

Treating these two pieces of information as fact, I do not see how any other conclusion can be drawn than that the account numbers listed in the indictment belong to Gabby.

Just because the FBI did not phrase their statement about the indictment in a way that a poster would prefer does not suddenly make an indictment that lists specific account numbers an opinion.
I think the question is whether attorneys' statements are considered facts.

If they are, then any debate from either side should be equally respected as such.

Do you have thoughts, insight, advice on this? I ask, because so much has been restricted in this case by the FBI, it would be helpful to know HOW Gabby's parents know the last four digits of her debit card number. There might be a very good reason, but it hasn't been fleshed out here, that I am aware of.

I really admire the way @The Gardener writes but I always thought she was a lady. I thought one post she mentioned being proposed to but maybe not.

I guess now there are many different types of proposals.

Really think he/she....she/he needs to write some screen plays, or a nice crime novel we can all enjoy. Dont always agree on this case. But, good writer!

To pile it on here....
BL seems to be a guy without friends. But yet, there's a lot of talk about a whole friendship network willing to come to his assistance. Maybe no one likes him?
BL has never been independent or out on his own. But he's supposed to be out there on his ownsome hanging out in the wilderness 'til the end of time?
He couldn't cook his way through a van camping trip. He felt compelled to eat at restaurants. But he's foraging for food?

My additional two cents:

BL is the purest example of Failure to Fledge
He ran home...to Mom and Dad
He has been stuck on the bottom branches, failing to take off on his own for some time. Always returns to the nest for sustenance

Gabby,? She was SOARING !!!

This is why I don't think the lawyer is helping BL.

18 USC 3 makes it a felony to help someone avoid capture and prosecution. The penalty is half the penalty of the offender - up to 15 years if the underlying crime is life in prison.

I know a lot of lawyers. I participate in a lot of bar association groups and sections, I'm on a few criminal defense specific email listservs. I know lawyers ranging from real slimey ones I wouldn't trust to help me with a parking ticket down to the most principled and honest people I've met.

I really can't imagine anyone risking their own career to commit a crime for a client. Most of the crimes that lawyers get in trouble for involve misappropriating money from client trust accounts (i.e. stealing from your client to benefit yourself). Most lawyers are thinking about themselves. They are always looking for the next client, the next case. Most are not going to risk their own careers for any client - even big ones. It's just not worth it for purely selfish reasons.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.

To pile it on here....
Things I've learned from this case:
Get a dash cam
Burn half my book collection
Get better friends

This is why I don't think the lawyer is helping BL.

18 USC 3 makes it a felony to help someone avoid capture and prosecution. The penalty is half the penalty of the offender - up to 15 years if the underlying crime is life in prison.

I know a lot of lawyers. I participate in a lot of bar association groups and sections, I'm on a few criminal defense specific email listservs. I know lawyers ranging from real slimey ones I wouldn't trust to help me with a parking ticket down to the most principled and honest people I've met.

I really can't imagine anyone risking their own career to commit a crime for a client. Most of the crimes that lawyers get in trouble for involve misappropriating money from client trust accounts (i.e. stealing from your client to benefit yourself). Most lawyers are thinking about themselves. They are always looking for the next client, the next case. Most are not going to risk their own careers for any client - even big ones. It's just not worth it for purely selfish reasons.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.

Exactly. I've said that before for exactly the same reasons. The only type of lawyer I know of that would do that is a mob lawyer. And they would only do it for the family, and because they have no choice, really. jmo

I think the question is whether attorneys' statements are considered facts.

If they are, then any debate from either side should be equally respected as such.

Do you have thoughts, insight, advice on this? I ask, because so much has been restricted in this case by the FBI, it would be helpful to know HOW Gabby's parents know the last four digits of her debit card number. There might be a very good reason, but it hasn't been fleshed out here, that I am aware of.

I have one idea. They periodically wire money to her account so she shared all the information. I remember one of the parents saying they gave her money before the trip. Easily way is wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo