Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
The advice for the Laundries to say nothing certainly could have been much more nuanced, and they certainly could have been interpreted with less intentionality. Just because you're ignoring something doesn't mean you need to mow the lawn right in front of them. It appears heartless, not just toward Gabby and family, but toward their own son.

My impression also of the statements he is making, just made a similar post. I understand the primary focus/job was was to protect Brian There are many layers to this that a better attorney would address in my opinion. The statements he has made have just made the Laundries look like horrible despicable uncaring people and I don’t know if that’s really the case. SB has totally ignored navigating a path for the Laundries to have a somewhat decent live after all of this. His most recent interview saying that they have nothing to say to the Petito’s just fuels the fire of hate from the public, why not say they grieve with the Petitos, offer condolences. MOO
Yep. Totally agree. I want to feel compassion for both families. They both lost a child and everything about this was tragic and unnecessary. But I made the mistake of listening to SB’s interview and he makes it so difficult for me to feel compassionate simply due to what sounds like contempt in his tone. Not everything is a 5th amendment issue. They could easily have stated they were grieving the loss of Gabby and worried for their son and that doesn’t implicate them in any way. JMO.

I don’t understand why you think CL could’ve called police to prevent his son from leaving? What action would’ve police be expected to have taken at that point, prior to the credit card charges being laid.
At the very least the Laundries knew something was wrong. Brian left with a fiance and came home alone, in her only mode of transportation. Unless someone is completely braindead it's not difficult to ascertain there's a problem, a big one. So you have a son that has something big going on and if you even want to play the game that he's telling his family they broke up and Gabby's continuing the van life excursion with someone else and won't talk about it, there's still the knowledge that he's going through a hard time. Then your son is "visibly upset", so upset that you want to keep him from going anywhere but can't physically stop him. So while you can't call the police to prevent him from leaving, you call the police to have them help if you think your son is so upset that you're concerned. It's called a public service/wellness check call. Especially since CL knew where Brian was going to. Call LE, let them know the son is upset and you're worried. LE would have gone to the park and perhaps been able to head something off. It's one of the services our LE provides, suicide prevention. But they can't do that if they aren't alerted.

He also may be hoping to do damage control on his career.
That ship has sailed in MOO. He just keeps making it worse for the Laundries. Emphasizing again in the latest interview that they have only cooperated with the missing search for Brian and not for Gabby. It wasn’t even necessary to say that. He could’ve just said they’ve been cooperating.

I knew they were going to say this. Brian was upset when he left, although the parents didn't try to stop him, apparently. Completely predictable. But why did they not make this public before? It might have helped his case if people thought he felt remorse over Gabby's death, but Nahhh, the lawyer couldn't mention that. JMOO

The advice for the Laundries to say nothing certainly could have been much more nuanced, and they certainly could have been interpreted with less intentionality. Just because you're ignoring something doesn't mean you need to mow the lawn right in front of them. It appears heartless, not just toward Gabby and family, but toward their own son.
You would think so but from then until now, he has only made statements with any real concern when it came to BL. He said this morning that they are cooperating fully with the FBI on the BL missing persons case but are not with the GP case. That speaks volumes. I don't know why the Ls are keeping him on. Obviously, there is some missing piece of the puzzle as to why they still are staying with him but if it were me and my lawyer was conducting himself this way, I'd walk. Speculating, they could be stuck because he knows too much? IDK JMO.

I had this thought on my way to work this morning. In the interview SB did last night, he said he originally got a phone call from CL saying like hey we’re getting some inquiries from the police…can you help us out. However, IIRC the very first time LE came to the house, they handed them SB’s card. Would that not indicate that they called SB before the police made contact with them??
We were wondering when SB was retained by the Laundries. I don’t believe that they handed out his card without speaking to SB. However, I guess we can confirm now either way that there was a phone call that was made. IMO it would have to be after BL got home but before the police made contact with them. If that’s the case, it would have been during the same time when Gabby’s family was trying to get in touch with them (gosh that just doesn’t sit right with me :( ). All JMO but it makes sense.

BBM. This right here tells me a lot. They are cooperating fully with the FBI on BLs missing persons case but are not with GPs case. This is why the public is suspicious of the Ls. This right here. SB continues to put this narrative out there and he's their lawyer so we take what he says as fact, for better or worse.

I think he means they cooperated with FBI on BL’s credit card fraud and missing person status but refused to offer any info on Gabby.

Also leads me to believe they have their own version of what happened between the two and they can’t wait to tell BL’s version when they can, according to SB.

We shouldn’t be surprised if we hear from them that BL had nothing to do with her death, unless LE can provide irrefutable proof of something incriminating BL. IMO

I knew they were going to say this. Brian was upset when he left, although the parents didn't try to stop him, apparently. Completely predictable. But why did they not make this public before? It might have helped his case if people thought he felt remorse over Gabby's death, but Nahhh, the lawyer couldn't mention that. JMOO
Why do u feel they have to tell us?

We were wondering when SB was retained by the Laundries. I don’t believe that they handed out his card without speaking to SB. However, I guess we can confirm now either way that there was a phone call that was made. IMO it would have to be after BL got home but before the police made contact with them. If that’s the case, it would have been during the same time when Gabby’s family was trying to get in touch with them (gosh that just doesn’t sit right with me :( ). All JMO but it makes sense.
It does make sense. He has been there lawyer for 20 years, they flipped houses, assuming he mostly helped with estate and the other business they owned. They had their wits about them enough to know not to say anything in order to protect their son.

I think he means they cooperated with FBI on BL’s credit card fraud and missing person status but refused to offer any info on Gabby.

Also leads me to believe they have their own version of what happened between the two and they can’t wait to tell BL’s version when they can, according to SB.

We shouldn’t be surprised if we hear from them that BL had nothing to do with her death, unless LE can provide irrefutable proof of something incriminating BL. IMO

I respect your interpretation. I interpreted it differently. I mean, if they come out that they say BL had nothing to do with GPs death then they would be cooperating to prove their son's innocence to combat all of the circumstantial evidence that we all know of plus whatever the FBI is in possession of.

Reactions: kpm
I don’t understand why you think CL could’ve called police to prevent his son from leaving? What action would’ve police be expected to have taken at that point, prior to the credit card charges being laid.
If BL parents thought he was in danger of self-harm, the police would definitely have responded. Also, if the parents had info about what BL had done to GP, they could have told the police. They might have been able to save the life of their son. MOO.

That ship has sailed in MOO. He just keeps making it worse for the Laundries. Emphasizing again in the latest interview that they have only cooperated with the missing search for Brian and not for Gabby. It wasn’t even necessary to say that. He could’ve just said they’ve been cooperating.
I disagree. The Laundries made it bad for themselves. They could have reached out to the Petito's when Brian first came home without Gabby. They could have returned a text or call when Gabby's family began calling them. They could have encouraged Brian to tell LE what he knew when they first showed up on their doorstep. They could have not acted like defiant heartless animals at any time during this process. While it wouldn't have saved Gabby, it may have saved their son.
At any moment during the past month and a half they had opportunities to do what they knew to be right. They were given advice by their attorney, but they could have chosen to do the right thing for Gabby and the moral thing and sadly that may have saved their son.

The Laundries and SB are being chewed up and spit out by the incredibly intense international publicity on this case. If SB knew how to give good advice and counsel to his friends he should have told them weeks ago to hire some serious pros for this very very serious situation far beyond his pay scale. Jmo

Not involving proper counsel was his first mistake. But perhaps he wanted himself attached to a very very serious situation? In any case, he is now attached to a very very serious situation.

Just a speculative musing on BL's demise.

Any chance that he may have sought, as best he could, to recreate the setting and manner of Gabby's death?

In a wild Park setting.

Among trees close to a flowing watercourse - Spread Creek/Big Slough Canal.

Perhaps hanging himself to replicate strangulation?

A forlorn united in death "we're a team" gesture at the end?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member