Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of bodies are dumped in rivers and washes and lakes. Just wondering about how often that happens with entire vehicles. Would normally require more than one perp, since otherwise they would need to be really well-prepared with a getaway strategy.
Here’s one. I’ll look for others.

A lot of bodies are dumped in rivers and washes and lakes. Just wondering about how often that happens with entire vehicles. Would normally require more than one perp, since otherwise they would need to be really well-prepared with a getaway strategy.
Here’s one where someone else was driving and they escaped the sinking vehicle.

Is it odd that we are not told if this child died by drowning, if that's the case? COD: drowning - MOD: accident

I suppose there could be more to the story than awaiting toxicology reports.

There is a small store way out in the country here that would sell some of my friends beer when they were 16yo. The difference is that those kids always went to a parent's lake house to drink. They called it a 'throw down'! I suspect local residents know who would sell liquor to the underaged.

Not much good happens in the woods at midnight for unsupervised youths. LEO should have never turned a blind eye to these repetitive parties occurring within their jurisdiction. It is their job to protect the public, even from themselves, if need be. I pray Truckee stops supporting these parties in the woods.

I wish some billionaire would step in to purchase the fabulous ski lodge Kiely's grandfather built that will surely be a constant reminder to the family that she's gone.

Kiely Rodni's heartbroken family are trying to sell lodge where teen was raised before her life was cut short - LOVEBYLIFE
Dedee, I also expected to learn the COD was: - drowning. We'll have to have patience while waiting for more info.

Here’s another one where the mother killed her children and pushed her vehicle into the water with the dead children strapped inside. She claimed she was driving and crashed, but her story didn’t hold up.

Here’s another one where the mother killed her children and pushed her vehicle into the water with the dead children strapped inside. She claimed she was driving and crashed, but her story didn’t hold up.
Yes, I am thinking of a few other cases now where it was a family homicide (mother or father and kids), at least one here in CA. But is this a common way to dispose of victims (in your experience, since you are LE)? I know remains are left, commonly in bags or just left, and are also very commonly left inside cars, but whole vehicles containing homicide victims pushed into water seems like such a rare things to have happen. I am doing some homework on this now…

Here’s one where someone else was driving and they escaped the sinking vehicle.
Thanks for your research, @OldCop.

IMO this particular case is more reminiscent of Ted Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne than are the other cases you've cited. Those seem to be premeditated instances of murder with subsequent disposal of the vehicle and victim into a body of water. This seems more like Kennedy's accident at Chappaquidick, leaving her behind and saving himself, all those years ago.

Your findings are very interesting and saving the rest of us from all that search time!

Snipped for focus. Regarding the cell phone.

The cell phone could have floated away with the onrush of water.
Entirely possible, to be sure, but my personal observation is that many teens keep theirs in their back pocket. If Kiely did, it likely remained there, but I have no idea if she would have or did.

There are a depressing number of stories of parents who drowned their children (and sometimes themselves) in cars. Also spouses getting rid of each other. In other words, motive.

This is a 16 y/o girl who seemingly has no one who had any motive to get rid of her. No kids involved. No spouse involved. No parents involved. No one who would have benefited from sending her into a lake in her car. IMO

But if these parties allegedly with young teens and underage drinking and likely drugs have been going on for years and nothing like this has happened before, what's different that caused this particular teen to end up in the lake in her car? It must not be so easy at this reservoir to drive off into the lake after partying. And her car was found south of the party location when her way home is north. I'm thinking this all might be puzzling to investigators also and why no statements are coming out. And they have a lot more information on this case than the public knows. It does not make sense to me at all how she could mistake a turn leading to a boat ramp for a turn onto a road out. She was supposed to be familiar with this place according to posts on this forum.

But if these parties allegedly with young teens and underage drinking and likely drugs have been going on for years and nothing like this has happened before, what's different that caused this particular teen to end up in the lake in her car? It must not be so easy at this reservoir to drive off into the lake after partying. And her car was found south of the party location when her way home is north. I'm thinking this all might be puzzling to investigators also and why no statements are coming out. And they have a lot more information on this case than the public knows. It does not make sense to me at all how she could mistake a turn leading to a boat ramp for a turn onto a road out. She was supposed to be familiar with this place according to posts on this forum.
I'm sure a lot of things like this happened before. DUIs, collision with trees or other terrain, collision with other cars. What makes this different is that the collision was with water. If Kiely had rammed a tree or another car at 25 mph we wouldn't be having this conversation. The problem is, her collision was with water. Water she could not escape. IMO

Thanks for your research, @OldCop.

IMO this particular case is more reminiscent of Ted Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne than are the other cases you've cited. Those seem to be premeditated instances of murder with subsequent disposal of the vehicle and victim into a body of water. This seems more like Kennedy's accident at Chappaquidick, leaving her behind and saving himself, all those years ago.

Your findings are very interesting and saving the rest of us from all that search time!
Thanks, @Arkay. I lived in MA during the Kennedy reign. The Kennedys were like gods there. He literally got away with murder. After the crash he didn’t call 911 . He left her in the car after he got out and snuck off to save his butt.

There might be an error in the DailyMail map.

This is the aerial footage during car recovery. Notice the roads.

View attachment 361219

View attachment 361221
Thanks for posting this. She's been to this area before since she's a local JMO. Probably numerous times, so she missed the forks in the road to turn left or right, IDK. IMO not likely. If she was that inebrieated then she couldn't even drive and would have an accident with someone else's car at the party or leaving the party. Why haven't we heard of other's at the party having a problem leaving in terms of driving. They were also attendees at the same party with Kiely in similar conditions. So people who were not local didn't miss the forks but she did?

Snipped for focus. Regarding the cell phone.

The cell phone could have floated away with the onrush of water.
This is probably a stupid question, but is there any reason they don't make cars airtight and waterproof? Does anyone know the logistics behind it? I'm just genuinely curious why there aren't safety features that either employ outer airbags after full submersion or seal off the vents and why the cabin isn't sealed off. Just wondering why it isn't a thing.

Yes as my neighbor said, kids have been partying in that location for decades. Yet AFAIK this is the first tragedy like this. Kids here grow up in the outdoors. She was going camping the next day. She's familiar with the area. The beach looks totally unlike the dirt roads to take home. The water was not so much higher that there wasn't a substantial beach AFAIK.

I still am concerned that she might not have put herself in the water. From the beginning, I said if she's in the water she might not have put herself there. It's a common way to dispose of evidence.

- LE has not released a cause of death
- LE has not declared the case closed. It is an active investigation.
- LE has not ruled out foul play
- LE has not declared this a simple tragic accident
I absolutely understand and respect that as a local, you have vast knowledge of a town that I'd actually never even heard of prior to this tragedy. (I'm NYC all my life). I also understand and respect that as a local, you need certainty that this was not a murder because Truckee is your home, and safety is paramount.

That said, IMO a rural, outdoorsy life and deep familiarity with the area is one thing in the daytime, with nature activities such as swimming, skiing, and camping. It's quite another, even for those born and bred, to be hanging out in an isolated wood at night, with hundreds of minors and young adults from various places, all intentionally congregating where parents and LE don't seem to be present at all, in order to partake in illegal activities that so often lead to trouble.

It's heartening that you haven't heard of any similar tragedies before Kiely, and I know we all hope there won't be any further ones.

To my knowledge as an amateur observer, LE doesn't typically release their information in dribs and drabs, but will release everything when their investigation is complete. At that time, if it turns out foul play is in fact involved, then we will find that out.

I still feel that this was a terrible, sickening accident, but one which (in my sorrowful opinion) was inevitable, sooner or later, given the drug use, alcohol use, and drivers who are young, inexperienced, and legally not allowed to be driving at night without an adult. I don't want to sound harsh, I don't mean to be, but this is a recipe for a fatal outcome at some point.

Jmo

Last edited:
Yes, I am thinking of a few other cases now where it was a family homicide (mother or father and kids), at least one here in CA. But is this a common way to dispose of victims (in your experience, since you are LE)? I know remains are left, commonly in bags or just left, and are also very commonly left inside cars, but whole vehicles containing homicide victims pushed into water seems like such a rare things to have happen. I am doing some homework on this now…
This is actually pretty rare. It’s much easier to dump a body over a bridge or off a boat than to try and roll a vehicle into the water with the body inside.
I think if there was anyone else involved in KR’s death, it would be as @Arkay talked about with Ted Kennedy; a mva with one person who was able to escape the car, while the other didn’t make it out.

Thanks for posting this. She's been to this area before since she's a local JMO. Probably numerous times, so she missed the forks in the road to turn left or right, IDK. IMO not likely. If she was that inebrieated then she couldn't even drive and would have an accident with someone else's car at the party or leaving the party. Why haven't we heard of other's at the party having a problem leaving in terms of driving. They were also attendees at the same party with Kiely in similar conditions. So people who were not local didn't miss the forks but she did?
People get lucky all of the time. Many times teens drink and drive leaving parties and don’t get in an accident and somehow get home. Sadly sometimes they do get into accidents and sometimes they are fatal.

I grew up in an area like Kiely. People partied in woods all of the time. People would also accidentally hit things with their cars on the way home, get lost… I even knew someone that did accidentally drive into the bay because they thought the road that led to a dock continued on (he was ok) … but by the grace would make it home. with all of the drinking and driving there was one fatality in the county during my time in high school and it happened on a road the person was highly familiar with in a spot many people travel and hadn’t crashed before.

If Kiely was involved in a conspiracy created by friends I’ll be saddened to hear it. However a lot of the conversation here seems to be grasping at straws hoping this wasn’t just an accident related to it being dark, substances being involved, people making poor decisions that ended tragically.

Thanks, @Arkay. I lived in MA during the Kennedy reign. The Kennedys were like gods there. He literally got away with murder. After the crash he didn’t call 911 . He left her in the car after he got out and snuck off to save his butt.
We were talking about this earlier today -- TK crashes in the water, leaves the victim inside the submerged vehicle, flees -- and gets up the next morning and goes to brunch! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566