Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #148

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand LE's current interest in the social media angle and their person of interest. There were communications with Liberty German and even the possibility of meeting up at the crime scene area. It makes sense to want to investigate.

But then you look at the picture and compare it to the video from Liberty German's phone and I have to wonder if LE is on the right track?

I think the killer in this case had different reasons for murdering Abigail Williams and Liberty German. Which girl was murdered first? Hopefully time does not keep passing by in this case.

this was discussed a long time ago- many restaurants are closed on Mondays- people who work on commissions in sales or real estate or as a business such as plumbing or electrical or other home repair, for example, make their own appointments- people who might work on a weekend in sales or auto repair or in healthcare or in a supermarket could have Mondays off since they had weekend hours. There are a lot of possibilities. Libraries have weekend hours so some of the employees probably have Monday off- Some IT people work nights or weekends to do backups when ordinary business is not ongoing.
I was thinking of security personnel. Big events are on weekends. Maybe, personnel has a day off on Mondays (if they don't have another job also).
Btw: I wonder, if KAK began his "career" as security possibly in a company,that serves the big stadiums? There are always jobs available, it seems.

I do see a fanny bag or a tools bag and I am guessing part of his weapons is there and the rest under the jacket..trying to zoom on the distorted images won't give you a better look...
I don't see him as having a 9 2 5 job but rather something that would give him more freedom like a truck driver or something that makes him his own boss
MPO

you guys, I get a weird feeling like the way things line up and stack up..first they say they are looking into JBC after his attempted murder of a child. they say they had JBC on their radar before said attack of a child. ( why?) he had never been involved in any statutory sex crimes ..

did they have him on one of the phones from the KAK house? a number associated with him? Did someone like KAK or someone else try to implicate JBC before he was ever arrested?

mOO

As promised(or loathed?) the 2nd half of late night thoughts. KAK's "too cool for school." His responses to questions from a seasoned investigator, were inordinately flat. And looking at his face during BMacD's interview (a sight I will always regret), he does not have normal voice inflection or facial expression commensurate with what one would expect of someone having just admitted to having CSAM charges. No tears, no angst, no empathy for the victims. It is all about the KAK SHOW...act bland and blend into the background.
It just dawned on me that I saw him in T-shirts with the words "Smile More" on them. Odd, huh?
It has been reported, LG was obsessed with A _S. So what?? She was a young teen and they are always developing crushes on guys they DON'T know. Heck, when I was her age, we had tons teen magazines, with tons of hot guys on all the pages.(Google "Tiger Beat" magazine 70's 80's.) My point is...this did not start with A_S. I think KAK was the one who became obsessed with LG. KAK had contacted LG more than 50 days before her murder and he even got angry with her and blocked her. (Abby did not have unfettered access to social media or a cell phone of her own..so it makes sense primary contact was Libby.) Did he block her as KAK or did he block her as A_S? (I know this is not normal behavior! Life is precious! I have to take a walk around the block just to get emotional balance after trying to figure out what makes this guy tick.) How does he deal with rejection, disappointment, anger? Does he intentionally sabotage others when things don't go his way? Is that how he gets power? Is murder the ultimate expression of the power he desires? People can not sabotage you unless they know your weaknesses and can get close to you. (IMO & experience, not trying to debate.) And, KAK put out the bait to get a young teen to a secluded area....this was not random, impulsive, or opportunistic. (Oh yeah, my opinion and not budging.)

you guys, I get a weird feeling like the way things line up and stack up..first they say they are looking into JBC after his attempted murder of a child. they say they had JBC on their radar before said attack of a child. ( why?) he had never been involved in any statutory sex crimes ..

did they have him on one of the phones from the KAK house? a number associated with him? Did someone like KAK or someone else try to implicate JBC before he was ever arrested?

mOO
Can you remind me how we know that investigators were looking into JBC prior to his arrest? I started googling news articles and I only found statements that information was shared with investigators after his name came to light in connection with the other assault/abduction. I think it's possible that when LE says "that info has been shared with us" or "we are aware" they mean that as soon as news broke about JBC, various members of the public immediately started calling tips in.

I think there is more evidence that a different person, PE, was being looked into prior to his altercation with police: Sheriff: Delphi murder investigators requested Etter autopsy results, DNA

Though, it's also possible that LE are trying to say that before they requested autopsy results, they were already aware of PE due to media covering his suicidal interaction with police.

I must admit, one thing that still nags at me is the suspect description, and how even between the two sketches, the reddish-brown hair color never changed. I realize the description has now been removed, at ISP's request, but it was there for a long time. We have been told that the sketches came from witnesses who were at the trails that day, so is that where the height/weight came from, or was it calculations from the video? And where did the hair color come from? Since it stayed the same through two sketches, I kind of figured it was from a hair sample. None of the current POI's (ours, not official LE's) really match, especially the hair color. Could a hair sample be a transfer hair, though? IDK...

mOO
I don't recall every seeing anything legitimate about LE looking into JBC for Delphi prior to his most current arrest.

And where did the hair color come from? Since it stayed the same through two sketches, I kind of figured it was from a hair sample. None of the current POI's (ours, not official LE's) really match, especially the hair color. Could a hair sample be a transfer hair, though? IDK...
I'm commenting on red hair again, for cannot get out of my head the video of
guy on bridge. Zooming in/enlarging done by others, I definitely see reddish-hue facial hair in warm light. "Just me" though I'm certain. (Not that it fits my suspect.)
If I am proved wrong, though, okay; for learning Identity is what matters most of all.

FALLING DOWN I have to agree 100%. Here in SoCal we just had a horrible murder of a young performer at a restaurant, in the middle of the day! (RIP young man) The news has speculated (and many others) his girlfriend had posted their location ( called "tagging location?") on the internet and within 20 minutes the killers used that information to locate and rob the performer who was known to wear expensive jewelry.
News reporters have advised to NEVER disclose your destination or current location on social media. The reporters said you should only "tag your location" after the fact.
So, wondering if Abby & Libby were "tagging their location in real time/or shortly before posting their intended destination" and anyone having access to KAK's accounts would also know.
(This "see me" everywhere I go, what I buy, what I drive, what I'm having for lunch, what I'm doing on vacation...people wise up Too Much Information is not good! Unless of course I am your Mother and want to know what you are doing.)

That's exactly what I thought the week of the murders. By that I mean maybe Libby "checked" in to the trail somehow, however I don't think that happened, but who knows at this point. I don't think Libby checking in would have mattered much, anyway, I believe the killer was there for many minutes or even some hours before the murders, and he was bent on targeting juveniles.

Now, I think there's a possibility someone knew they were going to be there anyway, say hours before or a day before the murders. Say if Libby shared that info on SM somehow.

JMO

He could have had the day off due to school closing, we just don't know. "Guys" is such a ubiquitous term in the midwest (and other places, I'm sure), i'm not sure much can be read into that. Yes, the way he said it was authoritative, but that could very easily/likely be due to the intent (to get the girls to listen to him) and not his position in life. I used to spend a lot of time thinking about what his words mean, but I've come to the conclusion that all his words likely mean is that he approached the girls with a plan.

I've thought about it a lot, and I think Carter's reference to the killer being someone of people would be surprised about could just be a way to get people to think outside the box and maybe call something in that they've been sitting on. It's easy to call in a tip about a neighbor who creeps you out and flashes women at the park. It's hard to call in a tip about a guy from work that's always is nice to you and seems to be hardworking and has a lot of friends. People tend to gravitate to the idea that murderers are drifter serial killers who don't interact with society when a lot of them are just your friend's dad or the old guy down the street.
Unfortunately, that was the angle a lot of folks followed early on.

I've walked both trails, driven around the gorge area on nearby roads, and walked Delphi. Nobody stumbles upon MHB. The killer knew it was there, maybe knew for years, and MO is he'd been there many times.

I remember a woman from Delphi interviewed I think it was that Wednesday said it best, paraphrasing, she said she knew an old bridge was there along Deer Creek, but had never been there and didn't know how to get to it.

JMO

Last edited:
RSBM.
This makes a lot of sense, imo. I would add that if one or both of the girls, who were minors at the time, were involved in anything of a CSAM nature online, and/or images exist somewhere out there, it might have been not only important to the larger CSAM case to keep details out of the public forum, but also to protect the reputation and privacy of the girls and their families.

We can only speculate on what caused the April 2019 New Direction to come about, but I would assume all investigations evolve over time. For example, what if LE suddenly discovered an image of the CS, and that is what caused the shift? That might explain why DC seemed unusually upset at the PC, talking about how the killer had left them, and why such a drastic change in strategy. That's just one idea.

Perhaps a lot of the details the public craves would actually be appalling and of no help to the investigation. I wouldn't want that out

I'd wondered about this early on, perhaps images were produced at the CS and shared on some sites online.

I don't recall every seeing anything legitimate about LE looking into JBC for Delphi prior to his most current arrest.

“Police in Delphi say they already had Chadwell on their radar, but they are stressing that it's very early in the investigation.”

As promised(or loathed?) the 2nd half of late night thoughts. KAK's "too cool for school." His responses to questions from a seasoned investigator, were inordinately flat. And looking at his face during BMacD's interview (a sight I will always regret), he does not have normal voice inflection or facial expression commensurate with what one would expect of someone having just admitted to having CSAM charges. No tears, no angst, no empathy for the victims. It is all about the KAK SHOW...act bland and blend into the background.
It just dawned on me that I saw him in T-shirts with the words "Smile More" on them. Odd, huh?
It has been reported, LG was obsessed with A _S. So what?? She was a young teen and they are always developing crushes on guys they DON'T know. Heck, when I was her age, we had tons teen magazines, with tons of hot guys on all the pages.(Google "Tiger Beat" magazine 70's 80's.) My point is...this did not start with A_S. I think KAK was the one who became obsessed with LG. KAK had contacted LG more than 50 days before her murder and he even got angry with her and blocked her. (Abby did not have unfettered access to social media or a cell phone of her own..so it makes sense primary contact was Libby.) Did he block her as KAK or did he block her as A_S? (I know this is not normal behavior! Life is precious! I have to take a walk around the block just to get emotional balance after trying to figure out what makes this guy tick.) How does he deal with rejection, disappointment, anger? Does he intentionally sabotage others when things don't go his way? Is that how he gets power? Is murder the ultimate expression of the power he desires? People can not sabotage you unless they know your weaknesses and can get close to you. (IMO & experience, not trying to debate.) And, KAK put out the bait to get a young teen to a secluded area....this was not random, impulsive, or opportunistic. (Oh yeah, my opinion and not budging.)
I think KAK is wiley like a fox. When I read that 194 page redacted interrogation for the first time there was a point before one of the cops left the room where KAK basically said, (paraphrasing) You think you can prove it, then prove it. It was a chilling moment for me. I thought, Oh ok, there you are, I see you now. AJMO

“Police in Delphi say they already had Chadwell on their radar, but they are stressing that it's very early in the investigation.”

And there are other MSM sources that say this (bolding mine):

James Brian Chadwell, 42, appeared on the radar of investigators after his arrest last month in a separate incident that involved the alleged kidnapping, sexual assault and attempted murder of a 9-year-old girl in Lafayette.

So how do we reconcile it? Did one news outlet get it right and the others wrong? Or are some articles poorly written?

And there are other MSM sources that say this (bolding mine):

James Brian Chadwell, 42, appeared on the radar of investigators after his arrest last month in a separate incident that involved the alleged kidnapping, sexual assault and attempted murder of a 9-year-old girl in Lafayette.

So how do we reconcile it? Did one news outlet get it right and the others wrong? Or are some articles poorly written?

Communication in this case is atrocious by LE and MSM, we know that. The article I cited speaks for itself…and in this crazy often contradictory case…the article you cited does the same.
People were questioning whether Chadwell was on LE “radar” before he attacked the girl in Lafayette. I remembered hearing that so I went looking for it and found it.

Looks like poor wording.

I must admit, one thing that still nags at me is the suspect description, and how even between the two sketches, the reddish-brown hair color never changed. I realize the description has now been removed, at ISP's request, but it was there for a long time. We have been told that the sketches came from witnesses who were at the trails that day, so is that where the height/weight came from, or was it calculations from the video? And where did the hair color come from? Since it stayed the same through two sketches, I kind of figured it was from a hair sample. None of the current POI's (ours, not official LE's) really match, especially the hair color. Could a hair sample be a transfer hair, though? IDK...
Here is something hopeful for a lot of crimes and maybe this one:

Hair with out a root can now be genotyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member