CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting Deugirtni, thank you. Sounds like they may know who is behind this but are trying to prove it? Also, sounds like our theory of hiring a "hit man" is correct?
What a stupid hitman, spending so much time in the house at his own peril, to deliver a garbled message nobody can understand!

Feeling like I should take on solving this crime with a reward like that.

Is the case cold...is what I want to know.
If you proved that Barry did it, I don’t think you would get paid.

Artistic staging takes a lot longer than walking out the door before someone arrives.
Very true but I don't understand the "garbled message" thing. The word "garbled" indicates spoken word. Do LE have a tape of him/them speaking? He/they must have been hours killing, dragging, staging before leaving the house. Tell us about "garbled'. Thanks in advance. :)

Naugahyde
I had to google it:

What is the difference between faux leather and Naugahyde?

The word pleather is a portmanteau of the words plastic and leather. Pleather was coined in the late 1980s or early 1990s, it is a generic term for imitation leather. Naugahyde is the proprietary name of an artificial leather, it was developed in the United States in 1936 by United States Rubber Products.

----------------

IMO, this faux leather is a comment on Apotex making non-authentic drugs. Generic.

When thinking of carefully planned and staged murders, an adult killer usually comes to mind, whereas a young person, is often associated with uncontrolled anger that ends in death, imo.

Could the NW/possible killer of the S's, be a very thoughtful youth, perhaps one with the sophistication of an older moneyed person to really pull it off (so far), unlike the sad souls in this article?

Unrelated to,(and i am not alluding to m/s in the S deaths), but involves methodical planning of a bizarre and luckily failed, murder? imo. speculation, fwiw rbbm.

2004 by Helen Carter.
'The final internet chatroom exchange took place on 28 June last year. "U want me 2 take him 2 trafford centre and kill him in the middle of trafford centre??" said one message. "Yes," came the reply.

Less than 24 hours later, a 14-year-old boy was critically ill in hospital with stab wounds in the chest and stomach. At first it seemed as though a brutal, but straightforward, robbery had gone wrong. But yesterday the young "victim" became the first person in this country to be convicted of inciting their own murder.'
'
The boy - who is now 15 and can be referred to only as John for legal reasons - persuaded his friend, known as Mark, now 17, to stab him to death in order to pass a fictitious initiation test for the British secret services in a meticulously planned attack one Sunday evening last summer.'

Judge David Maddison, the recorder of Manchester, said: "Skilled writers of fiction would struggle to conjure up a plot such as that which arises here. It's staggering to be dealing with a case that arises out of a 14-year-old boy's invention of false personalities, false relationships and events arranged for his own killing at the hands of a 16-year-old boy who he had met via an internet chatroom."

Very true but I don't understand the "garbled message" thing. The word "garbled" indicates spoken word. Do LE have a tape of him/them speaking? He/they must have been hours killing, dragging, staging before leaving the house. Tell us about "garbled'. Thanks in advance. :)
I would think the murders and staging could be done quite quickly, especially by one or two experienced murderers. I don't think it would take hours to position the bodies, that's for sure.

I had to google it:

What is the difference between faux leather and Naugahyde?

The word pleather is a portmanteau of the words plastic and leather. Pleather was coined in the late 1980s or early 1990s, it is a generic term for imitation leather. Naugahyde is the proprietary name of an artificial leather, it was developed in the United States in 1936 by United States Rubber Products.

----------------

IMO, this faux leather is a comment on Apotex making non-authentic drugs. Generic.
If the killers were commenting on generic drugs, wouldn't it have been more effective (and much easy to understand) if the killers just left some brand name medication at the murder scene? And murdering because BS produced generic drugs doesn't explain why HS was killed IMO

I would think the murders and staging could be done quite quickly, especially by one or two experienced murderers. I don't think it would take hours to position the bodies, that's for sure.
True, a couple of good stagehands with a few rehearsals could pull it off, ironically the video was preceded by a CTire commercial! imo.

If the killers were commenting on generic drugs, wouldn't it have been more effective (and much easy to understand) if the killers just left some brand name medication at the murder scene? And murdering because BS produced generic drugs doesn't explain why HS was killed IMO
The problem with that is they would have needed a doctor's prescription in order to get their hands on the drugs.

As for how long the killer(s) were actually inside the house, it depends on how well they KNEW the house. Above there's a post about rehearsing. Rehearsals would help but I cannot see it happening in this case. IF it was a hired hitman/men how would they have had rehearsal time? That said, the killer(s) certainly did know about the statues.

As for young, it's possible the NW was a young(er) person dressed up like an older man. A 50-year old is certainly "younger".

I am thinking more and more about the following scenario: a hired killer among the most professional , a lone wolf, capable of anything. Able to strangle from behind, without noise, without leaving a trace. An old-fashioned killer. It has to cost a lot. a personal hypothesis .

I am thinking more and more about the following scenario: a hired killer among the most professional , a lone wolf, capable of anything. Able to strangle from behind, without noise, without leaving a trace. An old-fashioned killer. It has to cost a lot. a personal hypothesis .
A good theory but after they were both dead, the killer had to drag/get them to the pool area somehow. Were there drag marks on their feet/shoes? Were there scuff marks on the floors? Did the killer(s) carry both of them to the pool? How did the killer(s) manoeuvre them into the posed positions?

A good theory but after they were both dead, the killer had to drag/get them to the pool area somehow. Were there drag marks on their feet/shoes? Were there scuff marks on the floors? Did the killer(s) carry both of them to the pool? How did the killer(s) manoeuvre them into the posed positions?
They could have been killed right next to the railing. KD says there were some scuff marks on the floor, but I doubt they were killed upstairs and then relocated to the pool. IMO they were killed very close to where they were found. Why would a killer do otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member