Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page
Nikki Bulley - Strava Runner Profile page

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* THREAD

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

All members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths rules found here, and also linked in my signature.

We aren't going to reinvent the wheel by repeat posting of all the rules, reminders, the Dos and Don'ts.

Additionally, links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual $ figures and how it is progressing or not are off limits.

Having seen a body come up whilst drinking in a riverside pub I can confirm they are indeed face down back and shoulders up and the rest submerged. It’s actually flipping awful and I hope to goodness I never see one again.

God, how awful. I love riverside pubs, but have completely gone off them now. It’s the stuff of nightmares. The poor person and their family. This is all so desperately sad. I wish I hadn’t spotted this just before heading to bed, though.

God, how awful. I love riverside pubs, but have completely gone off them now. It’s the stuff of nightmares. The poor person and their family. This is all so desperately sad. I wish I hadn’t spotted this just before heading to bed, though.
I wouldn't let it stop you. I mean seriously. what are the chances of seeing something like that? It's not like someone floats down the river every afternoon.

Nobody should have to see it and it was the lady behind me who gasped and then shrieked which made everyone spin round. Personally I hope if this poor lady is in there they get her out with some dignity and not an audience. We all moved inside and the landlord put the blinds down while police and fire brigade retrieved the poor man

Looking at the map ..and timeline . She enters at gate near bench and walks in the lower field. The dog walker she encounters heads away down river path indicating that Nicola walks in another direction .. not near river.. into upper field. Best in mind there is a hedgerow between the two fields for the most part. She is spotted in upper field by a witness at roughly 10 to 9. Around then Nicola gets to work sending an email followed by a text and then logging into Teams .. So.. head down typing. Phone is back ( with or without Nicola) at bench at 9.20. I do think something occurs whilst she is in top field or walking back to bench. Dog doesn’t get to go in river so is dry.
The fields are quite small - I recommend looking at google earth. Someone has uploaded some ‘street view’ shots all around them.

I am very confused why we have so little information about the two sightings (lower field and upper field) especially regarding the witness movements.

If you are in the upper field, for example, you can easily see anyone else also in the upper field. So, depending on which way the witness was walking and where NB was they would maybe have seen her enter the field and walk about. Where was she? How long was she in the upper field? Which way was she headed? (Towards the beach as seemed normal on her route, yet Willow was dry so they didn’t make it there. Why not?) Which was was the witness walking and how long did they see NB for?

For instance, the spot marked on the map as Sighting 3. Was NB heading towards the beach area? If so, assuming the witness was heading towards the caravan park, they’d have seen NB come into the upper field and walk across and down before passing her. Did they interact?

Or, alternatively, where they headed down towards the river from the caravan park, in which case they’d have been watching NB for some minutes wander about the upper field before meeting her heading up the path?

Similarly for the lower field sighting. Where was NB? Where was the witness? How long did they see NB walk Willow for?

What time did they first see NB and for how long?

I think, if there is some other explanation for her disappearance, that these witnesses and sightings are crucial and I can’t believe so little concrete is in the public domain.

The fields are quite small - I recommend looking at google earth. Someone has uploaded some ‘street view’ shots all around them.

I am very confused why we have so little information about the two sightings (lower field and upper field) especially regarding the witness movements.

If you are in the upper field, for example, you can easily see anyone else also in the upper field. So, depending on which way the witness was walking and where NB was they would maybe have seen her enter the field and walk about. Where was she? How long was she in the upper field? Which way was she headed? (Towards the beach as seemed normal on her route, yet Willow was dry so they didn’t make it there. Why not?) Which was was the witness walking and how long did they see NB for?

For instance, the spot marked on the map as Sighting 3. Was NB heading towards the beach area? If so, assuming the witness was heading towards the caravan park, they’d have seen NB come into the upper field and walk across and down before passing her. Did they interact?

Or, alternatively, where they headed down towards the river from the caravan park, in which case they’d have been watching NB for some minutes wander about the upper field before meeting her heading up the path?

Similarly for the lower field sighting. Where was NB? Where was the witness? How long did they see NB walk Willow for?

I think, if there is some other explanation for her disappearance, that these witnesses and sightings are crucial and I can’t believe so little concrete is in the public domain.
Did you watch the latest press conference? All the info. is on there. As the last sighting was at the upper field of Nicola alone with Willow, why does it matter how long the interaction was with the other dog walker on the lower field?

Did you watch the latest press conference? All the info. is on there. As the last sighting was at the upper field of Nicola alone with Willow, why does it matter how long the interaction was with the other dog walker on the lower field?
There is no info other than what is included as a specific minute in time on the timeline.

We have no idea which in directions NB or the witnesses were walking nor how long they could see her for.

For example, I’d have thought the 3rd witness timing would be something like 9:07 to 9:11 witness walking towards the caravan park saw NB in the upper field walking from top left towards the beach.

We can see from her strava the usual route she took. Was she on that route?

The position of sighting 3 on the latest police update isn’t on NB’s normal route. Is that where the witness saw her or is that where the witness was?

The witnesses are police witnesses and are being protected.

Our enquiries to find Nicola are extensive and will include speaking to as many members of the public as possible.
The speculation and abuse on social media aimed at some people who are merely assisting our enquiry is totally unacceptable. We would urge people to remember that we are investigating the disappearance of Nicola, and the priority is Nicola and her family. We want to find her and provide answers to her family.

With regards to the fitbit. My fitbit refuses to autosync to my phone. I have to do it manually all of the time. Sometimes I forget for days if I'm not working out or something - but when it does sync it updates all of the info from the days it has missed so it is stored on there for a good while. Is there a way that this info might be in the cloud or something and LE might be able to access it without having the device?

I feel sure they know something they are not making public, as to say they are pretty certain she went in the river without any kind of evidence is so odd. I followed the Libby Squires case closely as a local, and it was very clear they knew from the start most of what had happened. They only ever searched Oak Road and the river for her. It was just never made public until they had enough evidence to charge.

With regards to the fitbit. My fitbit refuses to autosync to my phone. I have to do it manually all of the time. Sometimes I forget for days if I'm not working out or something - but when it does sync it updates all of the info from the days it has missed so it is stored on there for a good while. Is there a way that this info might be in the cloud or something and LE might be able to access it without having the device?

I feel sure they know something they are not making public, as to say they are pretty certain she went in the river without any kind of evidence is so odd. I followed the Libby Squires case closely as a local, and it was very clear they knew from the start most of what had happened. They only ever searched Oak Road and the river for her. It was just never made public until they had enough evidence to charge.

I don't believe so, it will stay local to the fitbit until it syncs with the phone. Without the device i don't think it's possible.

..... snipped by replier for brevity ...

Bit in bold ...... I agree .... and anyone else who might have been in the vicinity will know if they might be able to help the police.

How could you/me/any of us who weren't there help the police if they were to provide further information to us ... and the potential perp?

The police, in video source posted upthread, have said they can't give the full context to Peter F (expert) as yet, and when the time is 'right' they will. Putting everything together and seeing how quickly they acted at start, the answers, sadly, are all there. They are asking for 'dashcam' on the main road and they are going to search another part of the river closer to the sea.

Point of note is that police do not disclose full details in cases, and can often throw a red herring. If they are adamant she has fallen into the water, and people think they are being ignorant to other scenarios, this can indicate other sources at play. To confirm something such as abduction is a possibility, would only make those responsible speed up their efforts or take other measures. If they believe the police are only perusing the falling into the river scenario, this can actually give the police more time. This is the balance between divers saying there is no way she is in the water actually making it harder for the police, and the police being open and honest with the people. You can guarantee there is a lot the police are not disclosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01