Did Morphey know what he was involved in?

Am I correct in hearing somewhere that while Thomas was hospitalized after his 'overdose' or 'suicide attempt' that DP visited him? Heaven knows what DP told him -- might have scared him to death with threats. I am hoping that while working I'll see a flash on my computer that leads to a bulletin: they finally arrest DP. :loser: I'm hoping right now they are getting all their ducks in a row!

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if the police had a bug in his hospital room, oh if walls could talk!!

VB

After the last couple days, I have changed my view on what Morphey knew. I now believe that he quickly figured out what was going on while moving the barrel, but he had to play dumb in front of Drew. Drew probably would have killed Morphey, or some accidental hanging or overdose, would have happened, if Drew suspected Morphey knew.

Who knows, Drew may have had a hand in his near death a couple days later. I don't think Drew respected Morphey's life. Once he killed Savio, he was destined to do whatever it takes to prevent being caught, even if he had to murder additional people. After all, the penalty for two murders isn't that much greater than for one murder. Even more murders gives him the death penalty which is an easier way out for a cop than going to prison for life.

After the last couple days, I have changed my view on what Morphey knew. I now believe that he quickly figured out what was going on while moving the barrel, but he had to play dumb in front of Drew. Drew probably would have killed Morphey, or some accidental hanging or overdose, would have happened, if Drew suspected Morphey knew.

Who knows, Drew may have had a hand in his near death a couple days later. I don't think Drew respected Morphey's life. Once he killed Savio, he was destined to do whatever it takes to prevent being caught, even if he had to murder additional people. After all, the penalty for two murders isn't that much greater than for one murder. Even more murders gives him the death penalty which is an easier way out for a cop than going to prison for life.

There was no way Drew was going to let Tom live for long. Walter has claimed that Tom told him that if Drew could do this to his wife, he could do this to me. I will find and link the Today Show interview for this morning. But Walter said (paraphraising) that Tom felt if he killed himself, his family would be out of harms way. Because Drew was coming after him.

Thank you and everyone else who provides these excellent links. Sometimes it isn't easy for us older folks to find them. It is much appreciated!

I second that. Tagalong and other new posters are doing a great job aren't they?

My only problem with Tom's story is how did he know it was Stacy who he carried out? According to his friend he seen him afterwards. Stacy wasn't listed as missing at that point. Maybe I never read or heard the article right.....????

I'm sure he did help Drew. No doubt in my mind. But......he tried to commit suicide the next day & I'm not so certain he never knew it was her all along & he helped Drew.

I think Morphey is smarter than we give him credit for. DP told Tom that Stacy had left him just that day and Tom put 2 and 2 together. He already drew DP and "He can do anything". (& get by with it??)

After seeing this video, I'm wonderin' that myself. I posted this on the news thread and # of bodies thread of this forum, but I think this needs to get everyone's attention.

What the heck is going on here?

YIKES!!!!!!!!
fran

Drew Peterson's attorney said Thomas Morphey's wife disappeared 10 years ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_v...l=/sections/earlyshow/videoplayer500202.shtml
I don't believe a word Drew's attorney says. Last night on Greta the attorney said Thomas Morphey had tried suicide "many" times in the past and was not reliable. While he was on TV saying that, Greta got an email from Thomas Morphey's sister who said that was a blatant lie. He had never tried suicide before. I'm not even sure they think this was a suicide attempt as opposed to an accidential overdoes. I'm thinking that he was on anti-depressant drugs and was so distraught after moving the container that he started drinking and it didn't mix with the anti-depressants well. I also think that Drew Peterson was hoping Morphey would go off the wagon and start talking crazy, so he could lay the blame on him at some point. Especially if Thomas' DNA was found on the container if Stacey was ever found.

After seeing this video, I'm wonderin' that myself. I posted this on the news thread and # of bodies thread of this forum, but I think this needs to get everyone's attention.

What the heck is going on here?

YIKES!!!!!!!!
fran

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_v...l=/sections/earlyshow/videoplayer500202.shtml

Brodsky says no order of protection was taken out. Doesn't he ever read Websleuths????? Seriously though. Check out your clients background before you defend him?

CROSS POST - BARREL NEWS:

"A friend of the relative of Drew Peterson who has said that he fears he helped the former Bolingbrook police sergeant dispose of Stacy Peterson's body is saying that Peterson paid for that assistance."

More at link: http://www.nbc5.com/news/14735158/detail.html?dl=mainclick

I will cross post this to the general discussion and the barrel threads.

I can't get the CBS videos to play on my system.
Could someone expand a little more on what Brodsky said?
Thanks - i.b.

CROSS POST - BARREL NEWS:

"A friend of the relative of Drew Peterson who has said that he fears he helped the former Bolingbrook police sergeant dispose of Stacy Peterson's body is saying that Peterson paid for that assistance."

More at link: http://www.nbc5.com/news/14735158/detail.html?dl=mainclick

I will cross post this to the general discussion and the barrel threads.

Actually in the Today Show interview with Walter, Merdith stated that Tom had gone to Walters house at a quarter to 10. But it wasn't stated AM or PM or Sunday or Monday. And Walter, IIRC, only said it was possible that Tom was paid for his help.

I don't believe a word Drew's attorney says. Last night on Greta the attorney said Thomas Morphey had tried suicide "many" times in the past and was not reliable. While he was on TV saying that, Greta got an email from Thomas Morphey's sister who said that was a blatant lie. He had never tried suicide before. I'm not even sure they think this was a suicide attempt as opposed to an accidential overdoes. I'm thinking that he was on anti-depressant drugs and was so distraught after moving the container that he started drinking and it didn't mix with the anti-depressants well. I also think that Drew Peterson was hoping Morphey would go off the wagon and start talking crazy, so he could lay the blame on him at some point. Especially if Thomas' DNA was found on the container if Stacey was ever found.

I was thinking of contacting Greta to have her check this out as I too saw Greta last night and Thomas' sister refute his claims Thomas has attempted suicide multiliple times. As this info goes, I was even thinking she may have moved to a different town and Thomas probably knows full well where she is. Drew doesn't know where she is so he may have thought he could get away with his attorney throwing this spin out.

I also saw where Thomas' friend said he saw him at 10:00 and he'd been drinking. I was wondering if DP wasn't supplying him with the drink on purpose, to get to him.

I believe I read this morning somewhere? That Thomas' friend said the reason he attempted suicide was because then his family would be safe (from DP, I assume).

JMHO
fran

I can't get the CBS videos to play on my system.
Could someone expand a little more on what Brodsky said?
Thanks - i.b.

The same stuff he's been saying the last two days except he mentioned that Tom as three active warrants that he's not been arrested for and that he (Brodsky) found out yesterday that Tom's wife disappeared 10 years ago.

The same stuff he's been saying the last two days except he mentioned that Tom has three active warrants that he's not been arrested for and that he (Brodsky) found out yesterday that Tom's wife disappeared 10 years ago.

Where is this information? I don't see it in my sources. I still don't know if I can post Morphy's arrest record? Can someone help me out and let me know if it's copastetic to do so?

Where is this information? I don't see it in my sources. I still don't know if I can post Morphy's arrest record? Can someone help me out and let me know if it's copastetic to do so?

PM the mods. I would say it's public record. And I think his record is his best defense against Drew and Brodsky at this point. Sheesh, I bet I'll never say that again about anyone with a rap sheet. How often does a rap sheet help someone?

PM the mods. I would say it's public record. And I think his record is his best defense against Drew and Brodsky at this point. Sheesh, I bet I'll never say that again about anyone with a rap sheet. How often does a rap sheet help someone?

Well he's got a lot of domestic violence incidents on there and one DUI NOTHING like what Brodsky is trying to smear him with. I don't see ANY warrants there, but maybe there's something on there that I don't see or hasn't hit public record yet...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back