Found Alive TX - Fort Cavazos Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, Killeen, declared AWOL in March, last seen by wife after argument, 15 May 2023 *wife dies a week later*

“Because of the search it led us to the right place, we did find our son. He is alive,” said Virginia Chamberlain, the soldier’s mother.

Just wow that's a surprise I'm glad he's alive and well but he's got alot of explaining to do jmoo
Yeah…I’m thinking I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes right about now. While I am sad for him about his wife, he still will have to deal with the army and the consequences of going AWOL.

I'm all in on this one. I don't think I've ever seen this before. My shot in the dark is that he was in hiding perhaps with her assistance and then he killed her maybe because she threatened to reveal his whereabouts or something like that? And maybe now he's going to have some contrived story to pin all the blame on her? Again this is just an absolute guess because I have never seen a case like this that I can recall.

I'm all in on this one. I don't think I've ever seen this before. My shot in the dark is that he was in hiding perhaps with her assistance and then he killed her maybe because she threatened to reveal his whereabouts or something like that? And maybe now he's going to have some contrived story to pin all the blame on her? Again this is just an absolute guess because I have never seen a case like this that I can recall.
Me either. A good movie in the making right here, sadly.

MAY 26, 2023
[...]

The mom said the team of volunteers, who started their search this morning at 10 a.m. in Conder Park, found the missing soldier Friday afternoon near his home in Killeen.

[...]

Fort Cavazos command said Craig's spouse, Cam Chamberlain, was found dead earlier this week in the couple's home.

Army criminal investigators are looking into the spouse's death, which is standard procedure if a death happens inside a military member's residence.

[...]

I was thinking something along these lines, too.

MAY 26, 2023
[...]

The mom said the team of volunteers, who started their search this morning at 10 a.m. in Conder Park, found the missing soldier Friday afternoon near his home in Killeen.

[...]

Fort Cavazos command said Craig's spouse, Cam Chamberlain, was found dead earlier this week in the couple's home.

Army criminal investigators are looking into the spouse's death, which is standard procedure if a death happens inside a military member's residence.

[...]
"Found in the couple's home". ? I thought they had moved out and were staying with a friend?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back