Found Deceased Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who don't know, the Sydney Star Observer is the newspaper for and about queer people in the greater Sydney area. It's highly regarded, has good reporting and journalistic integrity, and has been circulating since 1979. Here are the articles that they've written so far about this developing story.

Last edited:
This is a better location map showing the scope of the area.

View attachment 485495

For scale in the inset circle, it takes just under two hours to drive from Paddington (Sydney) to Lambton (Newcastle). It's over 160km, driven mostly on motorways through national park and bushland with occasional small and large settlements.

MOO
a lot of questions to be answered. it’s strange that in some ways he was very stupid (e.g. using his own police issued gun) but in other ways… borderline smart. like you could almost see his brain working but he still fell short enough to be caught. i say this because the van and bloodied items were dumped so far from newcastle, but he dumped the items in a skip bin people actively used. also renting the van left a paper trail and it would be easy to identify once the police knew the number plate. i’m interested to know how he made it from grays point to bondi where he handed himself in - i assume public transport. i’d also like to know why he chose those places to dump the van and items.

imo he’s likely to be tight lipped, probably hoping for some kind of deal in exchange for the location of the bodies. as far as we know he has been uncooperative, hopefully his mother will talk sense into him. if it was a heat of the moment murder, they may be able to appeal to his emotions. newcastle being the place they were dumped makes the most sense since he apparently frequented the area and had a friend he visited, so it makes sense to go somewhere he was familiar with. 4 hours in newcastle with the van is enough time to move the bodies and potentially bury them if he had the forethought to have a shovel.

i’m interested to know how he made it from grays point to bondi where he handed himself in
On ACA tonight the street at Grays Point has been cordoned off by Police, and it was stated that a family member lived on that street ….

Doherty said in the Presser that they had received information that he was coming to hand himself in by a family member…

I think a family member from Greys Point drove him there … but JMO

Last edited:
For those who don't know, the Sydney Star Observer is the newspaper for and about queer people in the greater Sydney area. It's highly regarded, has good reporting and journalistic integrity, and has been circulating since 1979. Here are the articles that they've written so far about this developing story.

I noticed in your last article it says Lamarre was on duty when he shot Jessie & Luke!

The police will allege that Lamarre, who was on duty, shot the couple at Baird’s Paddington home on Monday night and then transported the bodies in a rented white van.

Was it both mens' clothing they found in the bin?
From the link in post #4

found a pile of bloodied clothes in a skip, and called police.

Among the clothing was a credit card belonging to Mr Davies, an $8000 watch and some personal items linked to Mr Baird.

I don’t think we know specifically ….

I never said it was. It doesn't have to be to rock and grieve the entire community at a time that should be about celebration and honouring those who volunteer to help our community be stronger and healthier. It's dissonance, to be grieving for other queer people being killed in February when we've been waiting for Gay Christmas.

MOO

They were killed by another gay person.
It's gay on gay crime.

You're making it sound like the 'queer' community has been victimised in the lead up to 'gay christmas', but it was one of their own.

I'm just saying maybe there should be some reflection as a community instead of the usual default response of victimhood.

Just my opinion as a gay person who doesn't like the hypocrisy I often see in these communities.

Well, no. But it's also complicated. NSW police have been brimming with questionable attitudes is the 70s and 80s, and sometimes brutish masculinity is linked to internalised homophobia and even self-denial.

Though I think this gentleman is more a narcissist, who even though he didn't come out until late, probably didn't even do so for the right reasons - it was a "celebrity" moment. His narcissism made this possible. But maybe a level of self-denial made him not care about consequences also.

NSW police are way more modern these days (even if Mardi Gras gets people protesting about them - I really don't think you can compare them to what they were in the 80s and 70s).

This guy is on his own.
The only thing i disagree with is your characterisation of coming out at 19 years old in 2014 as 'late'. I know nowadays some kids have been through a dozen identity reveals by then but still

It's gay on gay crime.

You're making it sound like the 'queer' community has been victimised in the lead up to 'gay christmas', but it was one of their own.

I'm just saying maybe there should be some reflection as a community instead of the usual default response of victimhood.

Just my opinion as a gay person who doesn't like the hypocrisy I often see in these communities.
I'm not, though? I'm saying it's natural to be upset because it's a horrible thing to have happened? There's nothing of victimhood and denial in that?

It's regularly stated on here that it's awful when violent crime, particularly domestic violence, happens at a festive time of year. This is no different.

I didn't say anything about the community being victimised. I said that the cancelling of Fair Day combined with this tragedy was shocking and sobering at a time of year when we're focussed on celebration and community.

MOO

I'm not, though? I'm saying it's natural to be upset because it's a horrible thing to have happened? There's nothing of victimhood and denial in that?

It's regularly stated on here that it's awful when violent crime, particularly domestic violence, happens at a festive time of year. This is no different.

I didn't say anything about the community being victimised. I said that the cancelling of Fair Day combined with this tragedy was shocking and sobering at a time of year when we're focussed on celebration and community.

MOO
Agree. It’s so sad. It’s already heated and awkward at Mardi Gras when the cops march, and this offender being a cop who has committed mindless violence does nothing for the NSW force’s efforts to rehabilitate it’s image.

And I also agree with the characterisation of this as toxic male behaviour. You don’t have to be straight to embody many of the toxic tropes of masculinity

ETA: IMO

At what point do we as a society stop or start using the term "domestic violence"? Is it a term to describe instances where the victim and perpetrator are known to each other? Is this fair?
I think the term now is Intimate Partner Violence because this reflects the fact that you might not be living together domestically etc. if it’s the case that the offender is his ex, then this is definitely an example of that.

I’m glad he has handed himself in but now he really needs to disclose where the bodies are so the two boys family can begin to grieve.

The two victims look like lovely people with a real zest for life. Taken away so cruelly.

At what point do we as a society stop or start using the term "domestic violence"? Is it a term to describe instances where the victim and perpetrator are known to each other? Is this fair?
It's a form of categorisation that pivots on there being a close relationship or former relationship between victim and perpetrator, and separates it from other violent crimes where there is not that relationship, for example, a mugging or carjacking, a stranger abduction/killing, organised crime, etc. Unlike many other violent crimes, domestic violence tends to manifest as a pattern of long term abuse, which can include stalking.

It's a form of categorisation that pivots on there being a close relationship or former relationship between victim and perpetrator, and separates it from other violent crimes where there is not that relationship, for example, a mugging or carjacking, a stranger abduction/killing, organised crime, etc. Unlike many other violent crimes, domestic violence tends to manifest as a pattern of long term abuse, which can include stalking.

Thank you. My narrow thinking = current partner = dv. Anything else is different.

It's gay on gay crime.

the suspect was an ex boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member