Found Deceased Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Samantha Murphy then this. Horrible year for missing persons in my country. Extremely messed up sounding case too. Potentially jealous ex? Reminds me of an alleged triple murder a few days ago in NSW too, a man allegedly murdered a woman, man and their son. Not sure if he was an ex but it may have been sparked by jealousy or was he an ex to the woman as well? Violence seems to be on the rise here. Truly disturbing imo jmo
horrible crimes happening in sydney right now...

Asked if there was a “significant” amount of blood, enough for a fatality, at the crime scene, detective superintendent Jodi Radmore confirmed there was. She added that there were “signs of a struggle” as furniture had been moved around.

It is understood that blood had soaked through floorboards of the home and that attempts had been made to clean it.
they are calling it a murder, without locating the bodies...I'm assuming they must have enough evidence from crime scene/located van/skip bin to determine there were fatalities.

they are calling it a murder, without locating the bodies...I'm assuming they must have enough evidence from crime scene/located van/skip bin to determine there were fatalities.
It's more the combination of factors - the disappearance of the victims, the finding of their valuables across the city, the disorder at their home, and the large volume of blood that tells them that someone died there. By now, they probably have DNA telling them exactly which blood pools belong to which victim.

A body is nice to have for neatness at trial to show the jury, very emotionally important for loved ones to have for postmortem rites, but when there is a large volume of blood loss that would not be survivable without immediate drastic medical intervention, investigators don't NEED a body to prove that person died. There's only so many litres before it's an inevitability. The fact that they are being so firm that this is murder, that they have charged him, tells me that they have enough to prove death in court even if Luke and Jesse are never found.

MOO

Hiring a van from Mascot for moving the bodies, getting the gun from work and returning it...

I would say that somebody doing those things might be acting out of obsession, but not impulse.

MOO
makes sense... it almost seems like he wanted the trail...after reading about the weird celebrity obsessions and the stalking its almost as if he wanted to leave this, gain attention...seems odd JMO

Well, it was solved fast, which is good. Very sorry for two young and obviously, much in love, men whose lives were cut so short. As someone has pointed out, violence against men and stalking should be taken as seriously as against women. Condolences to the relatives and friends of Jesse and Luke.
Agree. Stalking should always be taken seriously. Data from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare demonstrates that 20% of Australian women have experienced stalking since the age of 15 and 6.8% of Australian men since the age of 15.

Would you think their clothes and bodies would be disposed of at about the same time?
It seems as though some clothes were found in the skip bin and the bodies and any other clothes would be somewhere along the route the van has taken. The van drove quite a long way and who knows if he has scattered things around or not.

I think the term now is Intimate Partner Violence because this reflects the fact that you might not be living together domestically etc. if it’s the case that the offender is his ex, then this is definitely an example of that.
Yes agree. Domestic violence or intimate partner violence refers to violent behaviour between current or former intimate partners. Family violence is a much broader term used commonly also that encompasses intimate partner violence as well as violence between other family members. Family violence is the terminology preferred by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.

Whilst both men and women experience violence there are clear gendered patterns to violence. Women are much more likely to experience intimate partner violence, violence in their home and more likely to sustain more severe injuries or death. This case juxtaposes these common trends of intimate partner violence which perhaps adds subconsciously to the shock and disbelief this has happened. The fact the perpetrator was male is the commonality about this case with the more common scenario of IPV. RIP beautiful humans.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the families, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the bodies were dumped into the sea. Who knows what the chances of finding them will be if that's the case.
I also think the sea is a possibility, but there's also the vast expanse of bushland between Paddington and Lambton to consider.

Shared route
From Paddington to Lambton via M1.

1 hr 51 min (155 km)
For the best route in current traffic visit Paddington to Lambton

Switch to satellite. See that vast expanse of green? Yeah. That's all bush, much of it pretty impenetrable except by fire trails. Some of the hills are precipitously steep. If you've ever driven Sydney to Newcastle, especially in an underpowered or unreliable car, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's an experience, even with the M1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member