MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don't know who called 911, I think we're reading the same, a couple things stood out to me also.

For the last 2 1/2 months, Sherry, Jennifer and Nevaeh Buchanan have lived together in the two-bedroom apartment.

I thought the grandmother had her own place, the story says they lived together.

I think this is grandma's apartment, she has been providing Neveah's care and JB has only been out of jail for a few months. JB doesn't work to my knowledge? Grandma was at work when this happened, so I would assume JB moved into her place when she was released.

I think this is grandma's apartment, she has been providing Neveah's care and JB has only been out of jail for a few months. JB doesn't work to my knowledge? Grandma was at work when this happened, so I would assume JB moved into her place when she was released.

The green van story and I know my brain cells have donut holes from another case. Didn't GK claim the van was parked at the Grandmas home because it couldn't be registered?

its six pages long....here are a few things i found interesting that mom said..

"I feel like they are putting me under the spotlight," she said. "I feel like they are pointing fingers at me, like I did something intentionally."

She spent those precious minutes on a brown couch, watching reruns of "Jon & Kate Plus 8." (reporter said)

"Nevaeh had just had an accident and changed her clothes."

JB gives lots of details in this version, unfortunately they have changed again from the previous versions. She now says that the accident and clothes change happened in the 6-6:30 window, then Nevaeh says she is going to Aaron's, 20 minutes later the tattletale knocks on the door, followed by a second little girl knocking on the door to see if Nevaeh was home.

JB seems very focused on communicating that Neveah was suppose to be upstairs, that she trusted her to go where she said she was going. It seems to me like she is trying to backpeddle from the unsupervised playing outside story she originally stated. BTW I went back to the articles from day one and the initial story was that Neveah had been playing outside, riding her scooter, and the little girl she was playing with went in for dinner leaving Neveah alone.

The truth doesn't change.
It is simple and not difficult to remember.

The green van story and I know my brain cells have donut holes from another case. Didn't GK claim the van was parked at the Grandmas home because it couldn't be registered?

He said the van was parked at Savannah Gray's mothers house.

:seeya: :bedtime:

How many more pages will be pounded out before I can get here again? I'm guessing 11.

See this all takes me back to the prisoner dorm. I read they restore bicycles, knit and make dolls, all for children. Those couple months were spent hooking up with the likes of GK and RS. The cycle wasn't broken yet. I'm thinking somewhere in there she got conned for Nevaeh. <speculation>

JB gives lots of details in this version, unfortunately they have changed again from the previous versions. She now says that the accident and clothes change happened in the 6-6:30 window, then Nevaeh says she is going to Aaron's, 20 minutes later the tattletale knocks on the door, followed by a second little girl knocking on the door to see if Nevaeh was home.

JB seems very focused on communicating that Neveah was suppose to be upstairs, that she trusted her to go where she said she was going. It seems to me like she is trying to backpeddle from the unsupervised playing outside story she originally stated. BTW I went back to the articles from day one and the initial story was that Neveah had been playing outside, riding her scooter, and the little girl she was playing with went in for dinner leaving Neveah alone.

The truth doesn't change.
It is simple and not difficult to remember.
Bolded by me...I don't remember hearing anything from the neighbors about Neveah going up to their apt around 6:00/6:30. They do talk about her coming up during the 3:00 or so time frame, and then Neveah leaves to go to the store with mother. "Mother" doesn't mention going to the store in this interview. Most children, from my experience, would go where they say they are going (in this case her friends apt upstairs)...why aren't we hearing about this visit from the friends parent's ?

Bolded by me...I don't remember hearing anything from the neighbors about Neveah going up to their apt around 6:00/6:30. They do talk about her coming up during the 3:00 or so time frame, and then Neveah leaves to go to the store with mother. "Mother" doesn't mention going to the store in this interview. Most children, from my experience, would go where they say they are going (in this case her friends apt upstairs)...why aren't we hearing about this visit from the friends parent's ?

Because it is in conflict with the neighbor's statement that she played with Aaron during the day, ate lunch and her mom came for her at 3:30. Aaron's mother says that is the next thing they heard was that she was missing. Of course in this version JB says that is where Neveah said she was going, but the tattletale brought it to her attention that that is not where she went.

Because it is in conflict with the neighbor's statement that she played with Aaron during the day, ate lunch and her mom came for her at 3:30. Aaron's mother says that is the next thing they heard was that she was missing. Of course in this version JB says that is where Neveah said she was going, but the tattletale brought it to her attention that that is not where she went.
I would have thought the "mother" would have mentioned this visit to the friends apt when she spoke about what happened, before Neveah went missing, the first time. Hopefully the friend's parents will come out and clarify whether Neveah ever stoped by early that evening.

Since the river is only a foot or 2 away from the gravesite, I thought one or 2 bagfulls of water would do it. That would be about it for the bag then, I would think.

I always thought there was a plastic liner inside the paper bag of cement. Maybe it depends on what brand you get.

I always thought there was a plastic liner inside the paper bag of cement. Maybe it depends on what brand you get.

or the paper bag is coated with a waxy like substance on the interior.

bbm

She said she told the apartment manager her daughter was missing, circled the building and came around the other side, where she found the purple and green scooter Nevaeh often rode.

"My heart sank," she said, "and my stomach went into knots."

Somebody called the police, and an Amber Alert was issued.

Did we know that JB wasn't the one that called 911?
Yes, one of the earlier news articles mentioned that the apartment manager or someone in the management office placed the call. The reporting has been sloppy, imo, throughout the entire ordeal. Almost nothing is verified. I'd like to see a statement from the individual who called to establish time and circumstances. Same with the "tattletale". Has the child been identified? What about the second child who allegedly appeared at the door? Without those answers, the mother's story remains highly speculative. I e-mailed Jeff Seidel at the DFP and asked if he was going to follow-up yesterday's story. Haven't received a reply as of yet.

Noticed clickondetroit has a video stating they found new evidence at the burial site -- cant view it because Im at work (boo)

Can anyone tell me if this is something we already know about?

Yes, one of the earlier news articles mentioned that the apartment manager or someone in the management office placed the call. The reporting has been sloppy, imo, throughout the entire ordeal. Almost nothing is verified. I'd like to see a statement from the individual who called to establish time and circumstances. Same with the "tattletale". Has the child been identified? What about the second child who allegedly appeared at the door? Without those answers, the mother's story remains highly speculative. I e-mailed Jeff Seidel at the DFP and asked if he was going to follow-up yesterday's story. Haven't received a reply as of yet.

The second child knocking on the door doesn't make sense to me.
If you think your child is at the neighbors and the first knock on the door is to tell you that your five year old a. is not where you think she is and b. is riding her scooter in the street, how are you still in the apartment with the door closed to take the second knock from a different child wanting to know if Neveah is home?

If he is a local and fished there, then he would know how popular it is and would never hide his victim there. He may have fished there once, but thought it was a secret spot that no one knew about. More likely it was a hangout for teens to have bonfires by the river. I know that is where we would have been when I was younger.

We are in agreement on our intuitive thought regarding this location: if he knew it was a fishing area, doubtful he would have placed the body there. However, you add an element that no one has proposed yet, something that may have drawn him to that particular spot: the idea of it being a long-since abandoned nighttime hangout when he was younger--the beer can?

My post from yesterday:

I'm tending to agree with the person who is local and posted here that the perpetrator knew the area and the place where the body was found was simply an accessible area. It was clear of brush, where he could get down an embankment quickly to hide the body from eyeshot of the road or someone in a boat on the river. If he knew it was frequented by fishermen on the bank--he wouldn't risk discovery.

Question about bag of concrete:

If you dig a shallow hole at the river's edge, doesn't it kind of fill itself with water (from the water that's in the earth)? I don't know the Raisin River, but it just made me curious if the perp needed anything to "tote" water in for the concrete to harden. I'm not comparing this river's edge to a beach or anything, even digging in black dirt, sometimes if you dig a hole, water seeps in naturally.

Sorry all, I am hung up on the concrete/water, because it seems like such an odd way to dispose of a body, IMO.

Also, thanks to all of you for keeping this case updated. It moves fast and it's hard to keep up, the links are so helpful.

Question about bag of concrete:

If you dig a shallow hole at the river's edge, doesn't it kind of fill itself with water (from the water that's in the earth)? I don't know the Raisin River, but it just made me curious if the perp needed anything to "tote" water in for the concrete to harden. I'm not comparing this river's edge to a beach or anything, even digging in black dirt, sometimes if you dig a hole, water seeps in naturally.

Sorry all, I am hung up on the concrete/water, because it seems like such an odd way to dispose of a body, IMO.

Also, thanks to all of you for keeping this case updated. It moves fast and it's hard to keep up, the links are so helpful.

This is the same thing we were discussing at our house last night......

Noticed clickondetroit has a video stating they found new evidence at the burial site -- cant view it because Im at work (boo)

Can anyone tell me if this is something we already know about?
I watched the video, and although they started out talking about new evidence the video sort of changed mid way to the interview w/ Grandmother...she talks about how it's hard to deal with the shame in the family (something to that effect). They never got to any new evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993