MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I'm led to believe it was just a slab of concrete exposed that the fisherman stood on, if the perp was smarter he should have covered it with dirt. Instead I think he dug and threw the dirt in the river. No dirt left to cover the slab. JMO

Aaahh! That would make sense. Remember the report that said DNA evidence found on the land and in the water? Maybe something was thrown into the water with the dirt? I really don't want to think about what it might be :(, but any thoughts?

Thank you for that. What is odd when I clicked on the same link for the myspace page it shows June 1 last login. Let me see if I can post it here:

Who is this? Is it supposed to be the bio-mom?

Thanks.

Mel

Attachments

• jp.jpg
    jp.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 21
Wait. A Busch beer can was found under the concrete?

We have a shallow grave. Why wasn't it deeper? Perp lacked the proper tools.
We have not enough concrete used to do the job. Perp lacked proper materials.
We have poorly set concrete, most likely due to wrong mix of dry and wet. Perp did not have proper items for the job - i.e., a gallon container and improvised.
The grave is in what is apparently a prime spot for fishing and will surely be noticed. Why? Perp lacks insight.

This was done in a hurry, with little forethought. Perp had the basic idea, but made mistakes at every turn. HUGE mistakes. Perp miscalculated at every step. I think it is a first for Perp. Perp has not murdered before. Perp was in such a hurry to be somewhere to make an alibi that Perp left the bag behind.

If the beer can was in fact under the concrete, then Perp has no regard for little girls, they are simply trash to him. They make him do this. It shows utter disregard and actual disdain for the victim.

This wasn't a beautiful marker to visit later, it was a garbage dump in Perp's mind. If he is a local and fished there, then he would know how popular it is and would never hide his victim there. He may have fished there once, but thought it was a secret spot that no one knew about. More likely it was a hangout for teens to have bonfires by the river. I know that is where we would have been when I was younger.

Just watched the evening news here in toledo...3 funeral homes have already offered to pay for funeral. Mommy dearest said, "I hope that she haunts whoever did this to her everyday till they confess." She also said "I'm only going to go to the gravesite once and I'll put one flower there" I thought that was a bizarre comment. She has not been there yet.

I still say an empty drywall bucket or something would be ample enough to carry the quikcrete and then use the bucket for the river water.

The top of the road where she was found is about 90 feet from burial site. The incline is STEEP, what looks like a path is really a jig jagged worn path from people slip sliding down the incline. Looks like it is more defined on TV, but it's not.

BBM

What an odd and another quirky statement. When she refers to the gravesite, is it the concrete or where NB will eventually be buried. If I were the mother I don't think I could go at all (to the death site as I like to refer to it as) - kwim.

Best,

Mel

We have poorly set concrete, most likely due to wrong mix of dry and wet. Perp did not have proper items for the job - i.e., a gallon container and improvised.
The grave is in what is apparently a prime spot for fishing and will surely be noticed. Why? Perp lacks insight.

This was done in a hurry, with little forethought. Perp had the basic idea, but made mistakes at every turn. HUGE mistakes. Perp miscalculated at every step. I think it is a first for Perp. Perp has not murdered before. Perp was in such a hurry to be somewhere to make an alibi that Perp left the bag behind.

If the beer can was in fact under the concrete, then Perp has no regard for little girls, they are simply trash to him. They make him do this. It shows utter disregard and actual disdain for the victim.

This wasn't a beautiful marker to visit later, it was a garbage dump in Perp's mind. If he is a local and fished there, then he would know how popular it is and would never hide his victim there. He may have fished there once, but thought it was a secret spot that no one knew about. More likely it was a hangout for teens to have bonfires by the river. I know that is where we would have been when I was younger.

I think we're lucky the perp was so stoopid he/she left quite a bit of evidence behind. I sure hope they can pull some f-prints off that beer can!

Bless Nevaeh :(

Mel

I think we're lucky the perp was so stoopid he/she left quite a bit of evidence behind. I sure hope they can pull some f-prints off that beer can!

Bless Nevaeh :(

Mel

We'd be super lucky if the perp was stoopid enough to also DRINK from that beer can! But only if saliva can still be obtained at this point in time & under those conditions..Yes? No? Maybe? If anyone knows for sure do tell!

you know scandi, i am going to go buy some redimix and see if this idea will work.:D

From my limited experience with Redi-Mix, the bag would not be a great option for carrying water. In fact....If I had a body to get rid of, the idea of burial with a cement "top" is actuallly a pretty good one.....except I would dig a hole at lot deeper, and then pour the concrete, and then add a LOT more dirt to the top of it!!! But IF I was in the need of burying a body, and the thought of Redi-Mix was part of the plan....I would KNOW that I needed something to bring the water to the site.... He/she used a bucket or cooler to bring the water to the grave in order to mix the concrete... MOO.

Since the river is only a foot or 2 away from the gravesite, I thought one or 2 bagfulls of water would do it. That would be about it for the bag then, I would think.

Since the river is only a foot or 2 away from the gravesite, I thought one or 2 bagfulls of water would do it. That would be about it for the bag then, I would think.

If the river was a mere 2 feet away -- just how deep could the dirt be? You know how you get closer to the edge, the land can give way. Maybe that's why the burial site wasn't as deep as it should have been.

I also found this little tidbit on Wikipedia:

The river has been badly polluted by industrial wastes and agricultural runoff. While cleanup efforts have mitigated some of the pollution, there remains a problem with difficult-to-remove PCBs. Environmental authorities advise people not to eat fish from the river, particularly below the outlet of the Ford Motor Company plant.

The river has many small dams to control water flow. While most of the dams are in Monroe, the most significant one is located in Dundee.

Mel

If the river was a mere 2 feet away -- just how deep could the dirt be? You know how you get closer to the edge, the land can give way. Maybe that's why the burial site wasn't as deep as it should have been.

I also found this little tidbit on Wikipedia:

The river has been badly polluted by industrial wastes and agricultural runoff. While cleanup efforts have mitigated some of the pollution, there remains a problem with difficult-to-remove PCBs. Environmental authorities advise people not to eat fish from the river, particularly below the outlet of the Ford Motor Company plant.

The river has many small dams to control water flow. While most of the dams are in Monroe, the most significant one is located in Dundee.

Mel

Hi Mgardner, I always want to call you Earlestanleygarner {sp}. LOL

That could be why the perp dug so close to the river.

I read today in my look-see thru a bunch of links from the 4th that the water on that shoreline where she was buried is 3 to 4 feet deep/

I also read, from Mr Bickner I believe, that the grave itself was approx 2.5 by 1.5 feet. In another place the other day I read it was 3 x 4. Who knows, but that is what has been put out there.

Quite a small rectangular plot 12 to 24 inches away from the river. I think it gives a very good visual of what we arelooking at.

And from the videos I've seen of the specific area the longer length of the concreted plot ran parallel to the river. { They had plkaced a white sheet over it. xox

Aaahh! That would make sense. Remember the report that said DNA evidence found on the land and in the water? Maybe something was thrown into the water with the dirt? I really don't want to think about what it might be :(, but any thoughts?

We heard initially that Nevaeh's hair was recovered from the scene, presumably from on the ground. As much as I am praying and hoping that a few samples of perp's dna were found there and entombed by the "best laid plans," it seems more likely Nevaeh's, not perp's, dna which could've been recovered from the water. How perp's dna (cigarette butt eg) could be recoverable once immersed in the water is unclear to me but this sophisticated science has amazed me before!

I agree. It might also be what appears to be an "amateurish" burial was instead an "I'll never get caught" cockiness, "feeling right at home" comfort level, "feeling no pain" courage from a bottle, and a cavalier "devil may care" kind of sloppiness that comes from overconfidence, all rolled into one, who knows. I believe it was someone who, in addition to a heart and a brain and among the other commodities you list, lacked resources, who like many parolees or offenders lacks private housing or anywhere to conceal a body (much less a child) even for a brief time ie perhaps lacked even their own transportation thus had very limited options when it came to logistics. But who found what he thought was an opportunity so clearly never bothered to think any of this through. Since GK's the one who had to borrow RS's van, it's no wonder LE's got the two locked up until the autopsy's been completed. How long is that supposed to take? :prayer:

:parrot:

When I was watching local news, they said that autopsy results would either be in tomorrow or tues afternoon.

I think we have some misinformation. There has been nothing locally reported about a beer can being found IN the grave. They are not reporting that here. Perhaps one was found at scene, but people fish there! They drink.

I'm going to try and find a link to how steep that incline really is...BRB

In addition Nevaeh's hair reportedly found at disposal site suggests the possibility of a struggle taking place there by woods eg which would be consistent w someone who few options to perpetrate or conceal his activity... :confused: Btw did LE release van belonging to RS or has it been taken into custody/evidence?

Ugh...there was a perfect shot from directly at the top of the incline on channel 13 toledo news tonight, but they haven't posted it yet. I'll wait and see tomorrow if it's up. It was in the same video of the mother from hell saying she'll go to where they found her once only and put one flower on grave.

Don't know if anyone posted this yet...good detailed story with mommy today in freepress. SOme new info and some rehashed. I was not aware that the FBI has been grilling her...

http://www.freep.com/article/20090607/NEWS05/906070501/1007

Thank you so much for the link. I read the article carefully, and as a mother, some things really spoke to me as to the kind of mother JB was -- not a very good one, unfortunately.

1. 5-year-old Nevaeh walked barefoot across the old brown carpet, worn and stained, and headed for the front door. "Mom, I'm going upstairs to Austin's house to play a game," Buchanan remembers her daughter saying.

Would you ever let your 5 year old daughter go out alone barefoot?

2. It was about 6:30 p.m. on May 24, the day before Memorial Day. Nevaeh walked out, the door shut and that was the last time Buchanan says she saw her daughter.

There's no mention if NB ate dinner? I hope the autopsy can determine if there are any contents in her stomach as to determine TOD.

3. Buchanan didn't get up from the couch to make sure her daughter made it safely up the stairs. She sat there, she said, watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

Need I even bother to say anthing about this neglect?

4. About 20 minutes later, a girl Buchanan described as a tattletale knocked on the door

errrr....this tattletale was obviously doing a better job of watching your child than you were. I would be thanking her bout now.

5. Sherry Buchanan was granted custody of Nevaeh after Jennifer Buchanan was convicted in 2006 on a first-degree home invasion charge. She had been breaking into homes to support a drug habit.

6. She had relationships with George Kennedy and Roy Smith, both of whom are from Monroe. Both are sex offenders.

7. Court records show Smith, 48, was convicted of third-degree criminal sexual conduct after a woman said he raped her twice in his car in 1991. Kennedy, 39, was convicted in 2002 of raping a 15-year-old girl behind a gas station

8. Nancy Grace, she said, "is completely wrong. ... I didn't leave her playing outside. She was supposed to be playing upstairs on that day at that specific time."

How would JB know - she never checked, she didn't walk her barefoot daughter up the stairs now did she?

9. As for the guys, I don't know," she said. "I didn't think it was a crime to have my child around someone. Honestly, no matter who you come across, you don't know who and what they are. You don't know if they are labeled as a sex offender unless you look their name up." Buchanan said she knew of Kennedy's criminal past. "I gave him a second chance. I was just befriending him. I confronted him about it. To my knowledge, he was honest to me about it," she said. "As for Roy, I only knew him for a couple of months. Because he knew George and they had some kind of classes together, I figured Roy had the same offense against him."

What a nice mommy to give these 2 SO's a second chance, while not thinking twice how this could harm her daughter. :doh:

And here's a kicker:

She had known Kennedy a couple of years. "If George wanted to do that, he would have done it a little sooner," she said. "That's the way I feel. But I could be wrong."

HE COULD HAVE DONE IT A LITTLE SOONER! :banghead:

10. "I feel like they are putting me under the spotlight," she said. "I feel like they are pointing fingers at me, like I did something intentionally."

Sorry, you got me. Yah, I think you did a LOT of things intentionally.

I'm sorry Nevaeh that there was no one to fight for you baby. You deserved so much more.

Mel

Horrified that there's another one out there that no ones knows about.

I am not sure which option is more horrifying, that she was assaulted by someone that no one knows about who is just mingling among us or that she was assaulted by one that we knew to be a threat, and turned loose around her anyway.

I don't know why I have to be so curious about this stuff. Everything I read is really depressing but I love mystery's. :(

Thanks, I was wondering how someone parked behind the guard rail, now I see. I also have a mislabeled video story showing the disposal site near the river and report on clues if interested. It does appear to be the same spot.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19673182/index.html

Thanks, the video shows the spot where the body was found. I have some thoughts about that but I'll tell them as I answer some of these other posts. It really helps to see the actual site. Although it is hard to determine exactly what it looked like before the police were there it's close enough. JMO

does anyone else find it strange that news crews were allowed down to the burial site so soon after the find???????

ETA: could this be a defense bone of contention to pick when the perp who is good for this goes to trial?

Once the site has been left by the police then anyone can go there. This isn't like the Caylee site where there was a huge amount of stuff to sift through and enter into evidence. JMO

Hey, Great thinkin' there BB. The bags from Portland Cement are a thick brown paper and it is a double bag. I don't think there is any waterproofing, but I could be wrong.

However, it would certainly work fine and hold up for dipping in the river a few times IMO.

At 1:04 in the video linked at the top of my thread it shows the type of bag the concrete comes in.

This has probably been discussed on one of the previous threads (I just found it!), but what do you all make of it? She last logged in 3 days before the remains were found. :waitasec:

http://www.myspace.com/407347679

What the hell does $$MSS. BOSS$$ mean??? :waitasec:

OMG posted june 2
$MSS. BOSS$$ PLEASE HELP FIND NEVAEHS KILLER!

I think someone said that it's very odd to be saying killer 3 days before the body's found. :eek:

I don't remember when or what show it was. A cop who was interviewed said that when someone starts to referring to the missing person in the past tense before a body is found it sets off suspicions.

I believe that is also similar to how they caught Wayne Williams for the Atlanta Child murders in the 70's. I think these days they get far more useful hard evidence by thoroughly processing the scene for forensucs then by simply watching for who shows up, which can be more easily challenged in court.

You're probably right. Also, there were so many other bodies they probably had more than enough forensic evidence and were pulling straws at that point.

I don't think they need to. I believe the evidence is going to show that neither JB nor GK we're involved.

Why do you think that?

Have they called in the forensic entomologists to help determine how long she was there?

I forget where I heard or read it but I believe that there is evidence from blowfly larva.

I googled myspace cheat codes and found a place with "tweek codes" I don't want to put the link in case it's an icky site, w/ viruses. It'll hide the last log in.

You can download McAfee Site Advisor
for free. When you do internet searches it shows a green, yellow or red mark next to each linked site. Green = safe, Yellow = untested and Red = stay away.

Also, down on the right corner of the toolbar is a rectangular box that turns green, yellow or red so you can see the rating of the current website. It's really nice to have.

i learned something new tonight. in regards to myspace. that scam guy was posting from his cell phone, not sitting at a computer. he was also talking on monroe talks i bet from his cell phone. something fishy about that guy.

Who's the scam guy and what was his scam. I haven't heard of this before. :waitasec:

From my limited experience with Redi-Mix, the bag would not be a great option for carrying water. In fact....If I had a body to get rid of, the idea of burial with a cement "top" is actuallly a pretty good one.....except I would dig a hole at lot deeper, and then pour the concrete, and then add a LOT more dirt to the top of it!!! But IF I was in the need of burying a body, and the thought of Redi-Mix was part of the plan....I would KNOW that I needed something to bring the water to the site.... He/she used a bucket or cooler to bring the water to the grave in order to mix the concrete... MOO.

Perhaps LE was looking for a bucket on the receipts from Easter's KM purchases?

If you see the burial site in the above video it looks like there was a slope that had a cut down at an angle. IMO, the guy probably pushed her body up against the wall of dirt and then covered it in cement trying to make it look like a step or something to sit on and fish from. I wish there was a photo of the actual cement covering.

Just watched the evening news here in toledo...3 funeral homes have already offered to pay for funeral. Mommy dearest said, "I hope that she haunts whoever did this to her everyday till they confess." She also said "I'm only going to go to the gravesite once and I'll put one flower there" I thought that was a bizarre comment. She has not been there yet.

I still say an empty drywall bucket or something would be ample enough to carry the quikcrete and then use the bucket for the river water.

The top of the road where she was found is about 90 feet from burial site. The incline is STEEP, what looks like a path is really a jig jagged worn path from people slip sliding down the incline. Looks like it is more defined on TV, but it's not.

I don't fault her for that at all. I'd find it extremely difficult to go there if it were my kid.

In addition Nevaeh's hair reportedly found at disposal site suggests the possibility of a struggle taking place there by woods eg which would be consistent w someone who few options to perpetrate or conceal his activity... :confused: Btw did LE release van belonging to RS or has it been taken into custody/evidence?

It might also give credence to the drowning theory. JMO

Don't know if anyone posted this yet...good detailed story with mommy today in freepress. SOme new info and some rehashed. I was not aware that the FBI has been grilling her...

bbm

She said she told the apartment manager her daughter was missing, circled the building and came around the other side, where she found the purple and green scooter Nevaeh often rode.

"My heart sank," she said, "and my stomach went into knots."

Somebody called the police, and an Amber Alert was issued.

Did we know that JB wasn't the one that called 911?

its six pages long....here are a few things i found interesting that mom said..

"I feel like they are putting me under the spotlight," she said. "I feel like they are pointing fingers at me, like I did something intentionally."

She spent those precious minutes on a brown couch, watching reruns of "Jon & Kate Plus 8." (reporter said)

"Nevaeh had just had an accident and changed her clothes."

bbm

She said she told the apartment manager her daughter was missing, circled the building and came around the other side, where she found the purple and green scooter Nevaeh often rode.

"My heart sank," she said, "and my stomach went into knots."

Somebody called the police, and an Amber Alert was issued.

Did we know that JB wasn't the one that called 911?

No we don't know who called 911, I think we're reading the same, a couple things stood out to me also.

For the last 2 1/2 months, Sherry, Jennifer and Nevaeh Buchanan have lived together in the two-bedroom apartment.

I thought the grandmother had her own place, the story says they lived together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz