Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of different theories and people that could have pulled this off but since it seems Haleigh has vanished off the face of the earth I am beginning wonder if whomever took her went into hiding in the underground railroad for children.

I also believe she was taken by someone out farther in the circle of Haleigh's relatives, but I do think a close family member knows about it now.

Way too many player for me. I don't see either of them close enough to Crystal or Haleigh to care enough to risk their lives for her. This is a close family member...... remember people get married and when they do that side becomes family also. I am not referring to Marie, Chad, Marie's husband, TN, GGM's or Ron or even Misty (not married at the time) and her family. I think it is out farther in the circle of Haleigh's relatives.

I also believe she was taken by someone out farther in the circle of Haleigh's relatives, but I do think a close family member knows about it now.

Farther out in the circle? The fact is Crystal only had 4 days a month with the children. How would any distant relative not in Satsuma or Baker County know that the children where needing to be saved? I would find it hard to believe that close family did not know about it or did not participate.

IMO We have been going around in circles for almost 6 months now and we are no closer to understanding who and why and most importantly where is HaLeigh. The truth is we where given abundant sources to sleuth on Ron and Misty and their associates, but, NOTHING on this side of HaLeighs family. At this point anything that has been rumored on can not be discussed and no locals or family and friends in earlier threads ever posted about this side either. It has been difficult to bring forth concerns about this side of HaLeighs Family, because many believe Ron and or Misty are guilty and do not want to sleuth any other possibility. I have participated in looking at Ron and Misty and associates ,but, feel it is a dead end. I have went back to the begining and feel that this is the next direction to look into until it leads me somewhere else.
This is not a fight to be right by no means, but, a whole hearted effort to keep looking, ask questions, get answers and to find HaLeigh.

It is simply not logical to me to believe a family member would stage an abduction of one child and leave the other. "In for a penny, in for a pound." Anyone who went in with the purpose of "rescuing" a child would not leave the other to suffer. As I have said before, IF this theory is workable, the motive would have been to take both children. As we know, Jr wasn't taken.

Some theorists say it was because he was in the bed with Misty. Staging the door, climbing through the clothes, turning on the light, taking Haleigh from the home....this person is already committed several crimes. It can't have been unknown that Misty would possibly be there with the children, so they had to have prepared for that by thinking of a way to deal with her. They did not. Jr was left behind and Misty unscathed in this theory..........why?

Some theorists state that Haleigh was taken and Jr was left to stage a later custody battle. As has been proven, and was early on discarded by myself as a ridiculous effort, taking one child to try to gain custody of the other and later stage a "reappearance" of the disappeared child makes no sense because it is too shallow. It is a fool's goal to even think about pulling it off. I'm not suggesting anyone here is an idiot, but even the simplest strand of logic shows how irrefutably wrong an execution of such a plan would be. Again to go through the staging of the MH to take one child .... Misty is still in the way. There is absolutely NO way the perp could anticipate Misty's ability to sleep through this execution of such a plan. All the things that could have gone wrong makes it too big a risk to have as an ultimate goal custody of two children by the taking of one.

There are too many variables that could have gone wrong with either of these theories that makes it impossible for me to believe either of them are viable.

I have a couple of different theories and people that could have pulled this off but since it seems Haleigh has vanished off the face of the earth I am beginning wonder if whomever took her went into hiding in the underground railroad for children.

That very well could be imo.

It is simply not logical to me to believe a family member would stage an abduction of one child and leave the other. "In for a penny, in for a pound." Anyone who went in with the purpose of "rescuing" a child would not leave the other to suffer. As I have said before, IF this theory is workable, the motive would have been to take both children. As we know, Jr wasn't taken.

Some theorists say it was because he was in the bed with Misty. Staging the door, climbing through the clothes, turning on the light, taking Haleigh from the home....this person is already committed several crimes. It can't have been unknown that Misty would possibly be there with the children, so they had to have prepared for that by thinking of a way to deal with her. They did not. Jr was left behind and Misty unscathed in this theory..........why?

Some theorists state that Haleigh was taken and Jr was left to stage a later custody battle. As has been proven, and was early on discarded by myself as a ridiculous effort, taking one child to try to gain custody of the other and later stage a "reappearance" of the disappeared child makes no sense because it is too shallow. It is a fool's goal to even think about pulling it off. I'm not suggesting anyone here is an idiot, but even the simplest strand of logic shows how irrefutably wrong an execution of such a plan would be. Again to go through the staging of the MH to take one child .... Misty is still in the way. There is absolutely NO way the perp could anticipate Misty's ability to sleep through this execution of such a plan. All the things that could have gone wrong makes it too big a risk to have as an ultimate goal custody of two children by the taking of one.

There are too many variables that could have gone wrong with either of these theories that makes it impossible for me to believe either of them are viable.

Excellent, Debs! I agree. And may I add that since Crystal has not filed for custody of Jr. up to now, that theory seems to be shot down.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that one of the points in this theory? That with Haleigh gone, and the c/s taken care of, that she would get custody of Jr. and then Haleigh could come home? Didn't happen... so where is Haliegh? I feel pretty certain that if she knew, she would have already notified LE so that Haleigh could be retrieved. My opinion, of course.

I am not sure how that would shoot the theory down, it definitely doesn't in my opinion.

Prayers for HaLeigh

I am not sure how that would shoot the theory down, it definitely doesn't in my opinion.

Prayers for HaLeigh

That someone would stage the MH to look like an abduction, take Haleigh, leave Jr and have people discuss that this was because of a future custody battle? ok.

Or the one about staging the MH to look like an abduction in order to rescue one child from harm and leave the other in harm's way? ok.

Theorizing that someone in Crystal's family could have taken Haleigh for either of these purposes means that this person had to have been made aware of the layout of the MH, the sleeping arrangements, Misty's habits for sleeping, the best way to get into and out of the MH without being detected by neighbors who may be looking, putting themselves at risk of discovery in both the entrance into the MH as well as the exit out of it, not to mention having to deal with Misty should she still be awake. Risking that Misty would have awakened at all seems a risk that only a fool would think of taking....not necessarily improbable, of course.

There is only one way to that trailer from Buffalo Bluffs road. Only one way to get away from it. There are two doors into the trailer. Both doors are visible to neighbors. The front door may provide more coverage as an entrance/exit, but then why stage the back door? The back door has nothing to provide it cover. It is a poor choice for anyone to pick as an ingress/egress. Of course it is possible that someone could have gone through the woods and accessed the trailer by parking their vehicle in another spot, then carried Haleigh all the way back to their vehicle, but we deal again with the visibility of getting out of that house. It is a great risk, and only a fool would take it, especially so close to the time when Ronald is known to be coming home.

For instance, Misty states she went to bed at 10-10:30. Give her the average 20 minutes to fall asleep, even 15 after the busy cleaning she had done up to that point, and the partying she'd be recovering from over the weekend before, and she's gonna be sleeping pretty hard. But 4 1/2 hours later, "she saw 3" and she was awake due to body functions of needing to go to the bathroom/get water. It is not improbable that someone waited until they saw the lights go off to make their move, so "just to be safe" waited another hour or so before going in. But then the staging makes no sense again. Why sit and wait, only to stage the door? Why not get in, get out and get gone? obviously in this theory, someone is at least watching what the patterns MIGHT be, but they can't know for sure. And they definitely don't know where the kids are sleeping. There would have been no way to know that until entrance (even if Misty took the blanket off the window, there would be no way a perp, sitting in the woods watching, could see UP into the trailer and DOWN onto the floor of the bedroom to the OTHER side of the bed to see where Haleigh was laying.)

So, this watcher in the woods waits, sees the bedroom light go off and is able to get into the trailer, traverse his/her way through the laundry on the floor, sneak into a squeaky-floored house, never rousing Jr or Misty and putting them on high alert that something was out of place (could happen; my granddaughter sleeps like a zombie) and goes right to where Haleigh is and takes her, still not waking Misty or Jr with the whole thing, impressively hoists the child up from the prone limp position of zombie sleep into their arms, back out the door of the bedroom, through the house and out.

Since Haleigh is in fact NOT in that MH by the time Ronald gets home, it is easy to see why people would conclude this must be what happened, instead of viewing all the components and being able to see why it most likely did NOT happen this way. As you state, Flossie, it doesn't shoot the theory down for you. Ok.

But not only does it shoot down the theory for me, it leaves only one theory that I can work with, and that is that something happened to Haleigh long before that 911 call was made and everything else was staged to make it appear as though she were snatched by a perp, known or unknown.

I see it as being outside the parents, and also believe some close family members would know now. JMO

I have a theory and am not sure if it has already been brought up & discussed or not(Forgive me if it has). Now, I don't have a whole lot of details worked into this yet.....so maybe it is more like an 'idea' or 'thought' that came to me.

I've been thinking that maybe Ron, still upset about the events of the weekend before, suspected that Misty had been leaving the house & kids alone. So, he either gets off work early, leaves work for a short while & goes back, or sends a "buddy" or associate of his over to the trailer to "get" Haleigh while Misty is not there to try and teach her a lesson. That way, when Misty got back & saw that Haleigh was gone, she would freak out! Ron would then kick back and see if Misty would tell him the truth, that she didn't know what happened to Haleigh or where she was because she wasn't there, or see what kind of lies she would come up with. Ron, IMO, seems like the type that would enjoy this "show" he was putting on; he would enjoy watching Misty squirm. Maybe an accident(a major and/or tragic one)happened along the way, or the whole thing went too far and now they can't make her reappear successfully & still get away with it and that is why she is still missing. Personally, I don't tend to think that Haleigh is being hidden or anything like that.....but at this point, I guess anything could be possible, and it's just a thought I had.

That someone would stage the MH to look like an abduction, take Haleigh, leave Jr and have people discuss that this was because of a future custody battle? ok.

Or the one about staging the MH to look like an abduction in order to rescue one child from harm and leave the other in harm's way? ok.

Theorizing that someone in Crystal's family could have taken Haleigh for either of these purposes means that this person had to have been made aware of the layout of the MH, the sleeping arrangements, Misty's habits for sleeping, the best way to get into and out of the MH without being detected by neighbors who may be looking, putting themselves at risk of discovery in both the entrance into the MH as well as the exit out of it, not to mention having to deal with Misty should she still be awake. Risking that Misty would have awakened at all seems a risk that only a fool would think of taking....not necessarily improbable, of course.

There is only one way to that trailer from Buffalo Bluffs road. Only one way to get away from it. There are two doors into the trailer. Both doors are visible to neighbors. The front door may provide more coverage as an entrance/exit, but then why stage the back door? The back door has nothing to provide it cover. It is a poor choice for anyone to pick as an ingress/egress. Of course it is possible that someone could have gone through the woods and accessed the trailer by parking their vehicle in another spot, then carried Haleigh all the way back to their vehicle, but we deal again with the visibility of getting out of that house. It is a great risk, and only a fool would take it, especially so close to the time when Ronald is known to be coming home.

For instance, Misty states she went to bed at 10-10:30. Give her the average 20 minutes to fall asleep, even 15 after the busy cleaning she had done up to that point, and the partying she'd be recovering from over the weekend before, and she's gonna be sleeping pretty hard. But 4 1/2 hours later, "she saw 3" and she was awake due to body functions of needing to go to the bathroom/get water. It is not improbable that someone waited until they saw the lights go off to make their move, so "just to be safe" waited another hour or so before going in. But then the staging makes no sense again. Why sit and wait, only to stage the door? Why not get in, get out and get gone? obviously in this theory, someone is at least watching what the patterns MIGHT be, but they can't know for sure. And they definitely don't know where the kids are sleeping. There would have been no way to know that until entrance (even if Misty took the blanket off the window, there would be no way a perp, sitting in the woods watching, could see UP into the trailer and DOWN onto the floor of the bedroom to the OTHER side of the bed to see where Haleigh was laying.)

So, this watcher in the woods waits, sees the bedroom light go off and is able to get into the trailer, traverse his/her way through the laundry on the floor, sneak into a squeaky-floored house, never rousing Jr or Misty and putting them on high alert that something was out of place (could happen; my granddaughter sleeps like a zombie) and goes right to where Haleigh is and takes her, still not waking Misty or Jr with the whole thing, impressively hoists the child up from the prone limp position of zombie sleep into their arms, back out the door of the bedroom, through the house and out.

Since Haleigh is in fact NOT in that MH by the time Ronald gets home, it is easy to see why people would conclude this must be what happened, instead of viewing all the components and being able to see why it most likely did NOT happen this way. As you state, Flossie, it doesn't shoot the theory down for you. Ok.

But not only does it shoot down the theory for me, it leaves only one theory that I can work with, and that is that something happened to Haleigh long before that 911 call was made and everything else was staged to make it appear as though she were snatched by a perp, known or unknown.

Debs,

You just slapped me back to reality, a reality I hate.... I tried re enacting the whole event but as we started into it, it just felt wrong, like the person was taking too many risks or had to know so much about the people inside in order to pull this off. Any way, every time I go back to the details of that night and the people surrounding the case, I feel like you. I hope this comes to an end soon. Thanks

Wasn't there something about a footprint in the woods? Was that totally dismissed?

Wasn't there something about a footprint in the woods? Was that totally dismissed?

IIRC, it was a small footprint, could have been a child's. Given the number of children living and playing around that area (enough for a bus stop) I would think it nearly impossible to do anything with the footprint other than make a note of it. I believe it was found on the path headed toward the river.

Thanks, Debs..

Were there any small children living near those woods behind/in front of the trailer besides the Cummings? I guess we will not ever find out anything about the footprint either..*sigh*

Except RC said, IIRC, that it can't be Haleigh's because her shoes were in the house.

Well, at least we know it was a shoe print.

--------------
Debs, I couldn't have said it any better. Great post and very plausible.

Except RC said, IIRC, that it can't be Haleigh's because her shoes were in the house.

Well, at least we know it was a shoe print.
----------
But Whisperer, wasn't it reported to be a child's footprint, not a child's shoeprint?

I was never clear as to whether or not it was a bare foot print or a shoe print. I just assumed is was one bare foot print because Ron said her shoes were in the house.

Maybe Ron waited and waited for Misty to show up to babysit for the children and when she did n't show he decided to leave the children there watching a movie, called Teresa to see if she could come by and stay with them, she couldn't but she called GMS to go by and check on the children and when GMS went by she found only Jr. She may have thought that Haleigh was with Misty. She may have took Jr. home with her. When Misty showed up later she found both children gone and tried to call Ron at work but he wouldn't answer her call. When GMS returned around 7:00 pm with Jr, both she and Misty discovered that Haleigh was not with either of them and the search began. If this scenario is true then Ron would have been the last one to see Haleigh. this would also explain why Ron may have been late coming in. It could also explain why he may have been in a foul mood and Haleigh was accidentally hurt in some way. This probably needs to go in the Theory thread. If so, I'll move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member