Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet my life every single thing found was photographed immediately and exactly as found.

I also bet the "improvisation" done was investigators determining whether the duct tape could have been placed any other way in order to achieve the result that was found. They'd of course document any models to say "out of these 36 possibilities, the only way the mandible would still be attached to the skull would be if x y z"

Wasn't the duct tape removed by Dr. G. at the autopsy? Oh, I forgot. She is guilty of spoilation of evidence and practices junk science.

Lin,
All we can do is wait and see if the defense produces these photos. You might want to check out a video of the hearing yesterday and hear again what LKB had to say about the photos. If what she says is accurate, there is indeed a big problem.

I think it would be a mistake to take anything LKB (or any member of the defense) says to the media at face value. They will say nearly ANYTHING to try and sway public opinion. To wit: Todd M's statement about "substantial evidence", showboating for the cameras.

They have an uphill battle that they will never win, IMO. :)

Oh and I forgot one, the defense's BIG witness that should exonerate their client? Joy Ray? Are they kidding? That is the best one I have heard YET! They even dragged David Lohr into the whole sorry mess...can you believe it?

I was there during my first trip to Florida. It was the first day I arrived. There were a few other searchers there. I think one of them was Mondo from TES, but with the passage of time I can't say for certain. It was the same day the atv got stuck in the swamp. I had gone out there to see what was going on. I think it was Mandy Albritton that suggested I go there.

During my second trip the area was not searched. They concentrated behind the school and other places.

I have not seen the appendix the docs refer to, so I am not yet sure what area we were at in regard to the quote they mention in the court docs.

I have not been asked for the photos that I took during either of the searches.

Believe it or not, I am truly not easily angered. However, it really infuriates me to no end the spurious and mendacious allegations made by the defense et al about the actions of the state, desperately trying to find every tiny little bone of Caylee's; night and day; bugs, snakes, mosquitos; rain or shine. We all know they didn't want Caylee found but once she was found, they complain about the pains taken on hands and knees for several days to try to give her the respect her family refused.

ITA lin and at the time when LE was on their hands and knees through the woods with the mosquitoes and snakes trying to be sure all the remains were found so they could find the truth and also so that poor little Caylee could get that respect, JB, G&CA were having a high-priced dinner of crab cakes and steak in a fancy hotel at the expense of some network exec who no doubt wants to jump on the gravy train. Whole thing really ticks me off. The SA and LE have done nothing but behave in a proper manner during this entire investigation... doing their job to the best of their ability.

IMHO these motions are nothing more than a hail mary pass at the end of a football game... they got nuttin'. I only hope that the hearing is scheduled on a day when I can get to the courthouse and watch it.

I am still so frustrated at all of this. I am frustrated at the waste of time and money this is all causing and the delay in Justice for Caylee. I am not frustrated because I am afraid that she will walk, because I know there is no way in the world that is going to happen (it is very rare that the perp is in custody and lawyered up BEFORE the crime scene or body is found. Most attornies do not have access to an active crime scene before it has been processed. I would be hard pressed to find a case where they did) and JB knows she won't walk too. I haven't finished this thread since last night, but in case no one has mentioned it, if Baez were the least bit confident in his motion that the case would be dismissed, why would he need to file a motion to destroy the previous tapes and ask that future tapes not be recorded? I did see something about mitigation on another thread and I think that is where I am going to head for now. I believe that we are all probably wasting our time even worrying about this nonsense. Mitigation is where we need to be. I am against the death penalty as I have mentioned before and believe Life w/o parole would be worse anyway and have lots of reason to believe so. (Although I do admit that from pure rage and vengeance deep down inside over this little girl and her "moms" attitude my beliefs have been tested this last year +). Mitigation is where death turns to Life. As long as AL can get life and not death it is a win for her. I actually believe with the family dynamic here getting that win will not be as difficult as it would be if WS was the jury.

No problem:

"...All that remains are photographs in which investigators improvise a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony."

Why would forensic investigators be doing any improvisation at all? The goal of a forensic investigation should be to simply record everything exactly as it was found and later theorize what may have happened based on observable, quantifiable and measurable evidence and norms taking into account the known facts regarding an event. Any improvisation whatsoever immediately creates serious questions of evidence tampering. It creates questions of how things were originally. How can it now be proven that nothing else was moved or staged? This throws the entire investigation of the body site into question. It's a very serious allegation and if proven, there is a big problem with this case.
It's the defense that calls it an improvisation, right? Of course they're going to say stuff to incite. I'm not gonna take the bait.

Also, I would like to mention that the ONLY evidence of a homicide is NOT the duct tape. Evidence that I can see of a homicide include the duct tape, the multiple garbage bags and the fact that she was thrown in the woods to decompose. If it were an accident, or if there were an accident theory the defense would like to present I would be more than happy to listen, but after all this time, accident is out for me. She has still not adequately answer for anyone the question of who she handed this child over to and the reason for a nanny if she had no job in the first place.

I am still so frustrated at all of this. I am frustrated at the waste of time and money this is all causing and the delay in Justice for Caylee. I am not frustrated because I am afraid that she will walk, because I know there is no way in the world that is going to happen (it is very rare that the perp is in custody and lawyered up BEFORE the crime scene or body is found. Most attornies do not have access to an active crime scene before it has been processed. I would be hard pressed to find a case where they did) and JB knows she won't walk to. I haven't finished this thread since last night, but in case no one has mentioned it, if Beaz were the least bit confident in his motion that the case would be dismissed, why would he need to file a motion to destroy the previous tapes and ask that future tapes not be recorded? I did see something about mitigation on another thread and I think that is where I am going to head for now. I believe that we are all probably wasting our time even worrying about this nonsense. Mitigation is where we need to be. I am against the death penalty as I have mentioned before and believe Life w/o parole would be worse anyway and have lots of reason to believe so. (Although I do admit that from pure rage and vengeance deep down inside over this little girl and her "moms" attitude my beliefs have been tested this last year +). Mitigation is where death turns to Life. As long as AL can get life and not death it is a win for her. I actually believe with the family dynamic here getting that win will not be as difficult as it would be if WS was the jury.
It's wearing me down. I try to keep my anger in check, but there's just so much bs involved here. I understand the lawyers are doing what lawyers do, but it makes me absolutely sick!

Improvise- Theorize

I'm thinking the defense chose the word they did for just this reason- they knew some people would fall for their ever present mis-use of words.
Sorry, OLG...just saw your post now. ITA

I don't know that I agree to be honest. Of course the chance that the child was someone other than Caylee was a lightning strike, BUT the body had to be idenitified as such for the defense to start arguing for access. The warrant for the search of the Anthony home had occurred in the past and occurred again-there was nothing contained within the dump site that would have made a legal identification swift other then dental records which did not exist for a live Caylee or fingerprints which did not exist because the remains were skeletonized. As someone else pointed out who get's access to a potential crime scene except LE??
...and wasn't the blanket found at the scene a clue? (It was a blanket, right?)

ITA lin and at the time when LE was on their hands and knees through the woods with the mosquitoes and snakes trying to be sure all the remains were found so they could find the truth and also so that poor little Caylee could get that respect, JB, G&CA were having a high-priced dinner of crab cakes and steak in a fancy hotel at the expense of some network exec who no doubt wants to jump on the gravy train. Whole thing really ticks me off. The SA and LE have done nothing but behave in a proper manner during this entire investigation... doing their job to the best of their ability.

IMHO these motions are nothing more than a hail mary pass at the end of a football game... they got nuttin'. I only hope that the hearing is scheduled on a day when I can get to the courthouse and watch it.

I think that there are a few of us planning on being at the courthouse that day!

I must say the defense is grasping at straws. I pray to God that justice for little Caylee will not be thrown away as she was. I am so mad right now. Sorry.

Lin,
All we can do is wait and see if the defense produces these photos. You might want to check out a video of the hearing yesterday and hear again what LKB had to say about the photos. If what she says is accurate, there is indeed a big problem.
What did you expect her to say? She smears...that's her job.

I was there during my first trip to Florida. It was the first day I arrived. There were a few other searchers there. I think one of them was Mondo from TES, but with the passage of time I can't say for certain. It was the same day the atv got stuck in the swamp. I had gone out there to see what was going on. I think it was Mandy Albritton that suggested I go there.

During my second trip the area was not searched. They concentrated behind the school and other places.

I have not seen the appendix the docs refer to, so I am not yet sure what area we were at in regard to the quote they mention in the court docs.

I have not been asked for the photos that I took during either of the searches.
How about being deposed? I can't remember that happening either.

These attempts at saying the evidence was ruined and therefore no trial are pathetic and I certainly hope JB knows they are pathetic.

The forensic testing of evidence by nature may destroy the article itself. That is not grounds for a dismissal of charges. Defense is entitled to photos of the evidence a copy of the test results. Period. End of story. If that procedure has been followed there is no misconduct.

Prosecution cannot enter anything other than the results. The defense can dispute the way the test was done, they can have experts say that test is unreliable, but defense is not entitled to the original item and if they don't get it the case gets thrown out.

Now if prosecution had found DNA or fingerprints that did not belong to Casey and destroyed that evidence as well as not providing the results of those tests, then JB would have a very good arguement.

If the duct tape had been removed, handed around from detective to detective, then to a reporter to show it on TV, and then to LP to take on the talk show route and then back to the lab for testing.... that would be evidence that is now useless and its destruction could be deemed so harmful to her defense that the case cannot go on... BUT even then the judge could easily say there is enough other evidence we are proceeding and the jury will never hear a word about the tape.

JB has nothing.
He will probably get a venue change.
Anyone on this board could have made a valid arguement to get the venue changed.
It will be a hollow victory for the defense at best.

...and wasn't the blanket found at the scene a clue? (It was a blanket, right?)

The blanket was not one of a kind. As we saw with the Disney dress, I would think that especially in Orlando, there would be many Pooh blankets that other people owned and many Disney dresses. The family themselves said they weren't crossing that bridge until she was identified as being Caylee for sure. We all knew deep down inside that it was Caylee but until Dr. G. said it nothing was sure, and therefore NO ACCESS! If my child had been missing for 10months or 10 years and by some miracle it turned out not to be Caylee but instead my child, I would have sued the State of Florida for allowing Baez anywhere near my child's remains when he had no business being there until they were sure who it was. It would have been disrespectful if it wasn't Caylee (and even if it was imo) to have this stranger at the crime scene. The only way that I could see him being allowed access would have been to admit that it was Caylee and that they knew because KC said it was her and she put her there.

I also have to add that I take offense that anyone would question DR G's findings. IMO this women takes great pride in what she does and loves the challenges she faces. There is no way that DR G would compromise finding the truth in anyones death much less a homicide.

The blanket was not one of a kind. As we saw with the Disney dress, I would think that especially in Orlando, there would be many Pooh blankets that other people owned and many Disney dresses. The family themselves said they weren't crossing that bridge until she was identified as being Caylee for sure. We all knew deep down inside that it was Caylee but until Dr. G. said it nothing was sure, and therefore NO ACCESS! If my child had been missing for 10months or 10 years and by some miracle it turned out not to be Caylee but instead my child, I would have sued the State of Florida for allowing Baez anywhere near my child's remains when he had no business being there until they were sure who it was. It would have been disrespectful if it wasn't Caylee (and even if it was imo) to have this stranger at the crime scene. The only way that I could see him being allowed access would have been to admit that it was Caylee and that they knew because KC said it was her and she put her there.
But didn't Cindy say that something similar was missing from the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Can't Touch Tish