Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But didn't Cindy say that something similar was missing from the house?

She did, but she also said Caylee had a similar dress to the Disney dress. None of this is going to get her off. Just like all the other evidence from the car, and the bones that they wanted to do their own testing on, until LE is finished with it they don't get it. Blankets don't determine identity, DNA does. If they had found her skeletonized remains intact in the clothes George claimed to have seen her in on the 16th they would still have to test them. When DNA is available for testing, that is how they do it. If not they try with dental records. The items surrounding her (especially in a place where so much trash is dumped, look how much had nothing to do with the case) may provide clues, but that doesn't mean that they def belong to her. I know the blanket was hers, but before a positive scientific id, the blanket is no basis for identification.

I'd bet my life every single thing found was photographed immediately and exactly as found.

I also bet the "improvisation" done was investigators determining whether the duct tape could have been placed any other way in order to achieve the result that was found. They'd of course document any models to say "out of these 36 possibilities, the only way the mandible would still be attached to the skull would be if x y z"

There is no valid scientific reason for this sort of "improvisation" to be done in an uncontrolled environment that doesn't replicate the way the body was originally left and the weather conditions/time that followed. It's disrespectful to the deceased, unethical and could cause incredible harm to the evidence and the case when it goes to court.

There is no valid scientific reason for this sort of "improvisation" to be done in an uncontrolled environment that doesn't replicate the way the body was originally left and the weather conditions/time that followed. It's disrespectful to the deceased, unethical and could cause incredible harm to the evidence and the case when it goes to court.

Is there any evidence to support the allegation that this was done "in an uncontrolled environment" or that it wasn't an accurate representation of the "way the body was originally left"? Where is this allegation coming from? I saw nothing like this in the pleadings. Please cite the source of these, imo, malicious allegations.

There was no hearing yesterday. I think what Princess is referring to is the video put together by Nifter Media about how the defense intends to defend against the forensics. It is all footage from some time ago.

Thanks! I was very disappointed to have missed it. I did see that video and do not see any evidentiary value whatsoever in it. What did you think?

Is there any evidence to support the allegation that this was done "in an uncontrolled environment" or that it wasn't an accurate representation of the "way the body was originally left"? Where is this allegation coming from? I saw nothing like this in the pleadings. Please cite the source of these, imo, malicious allegations.

LKB told the judge that the prosecution gave the defense these photographs. An uncontrolled environment would be the site where the body was found. You cannot have a controlled environment outdoors. It's technically impossible.

So at this point, we're waiting to see the photos LKB spoke of.

Law enforcement does not allow ANYONE except investigators, medical personnel, DA, in other words, public servants, into a crime scene during processing. Someone is assigned to keep a log of each person's information that enters the crime scene.

Not once have I ever seen a defense attorney present. This is a unique situation in that Caylee was found after her mother was charged with her murder. However, even in those cases, there was not a member of the defense present. The way these situations usually work is that everything is photographed or videotaped exactly as it is found and these photos and video are turned over to the defense for examination. How many times have you heard a defense expert on a witness stand saying they examined something first hand? It is most always after the fact, from photos or video. They look at this evidence and then draw their own conclusions. Any physical evidence collected is always available to the defense to examine, just like it will be in this case.

Someone mentioned earlier that the defense is stating that the prosecution "improvised" with the evidence. Well, we have not seen these pictures and I bet we won't. They are photos of the remains. The defense is banking on that in my opinion, so they can feed us misinformation and someone will believe it. The jury will see the pictures and they will know that there was no "improvisation."

I don't think we have anything to worry about with these motions. But somebody has to earn all the secret money that is being funneled their way so I'm sure these won't be the last.

THAT is pretty much MO for this group.

However, the judge can see the photo's and make the call. But as we have seen so far, it doesn't matter what the Judge says. This group will take a que from KC and keep on lying to the pretend office in "U."

LKB told the judge that the prosecution gave the defense these photographs. An uncontrolled environment would be the site where the body was found. You cannot have a controlled environment outdoors. It's technically impossible.

So at this point, we're waiting to see the photos LKB spoke of.

The post to which I responded, above, referenced an uncontrolled environment and replication of the body as originally found. To record how the body was found, it would necessarily require photographing at the scene under the parameters set forth in your post, including weather conditions.

Once again, please cite the source of the allegations contained in your post. I did not see these in the motions under discussion and find them to be at best, false and more likely, malicious. I see nothing to be gained by smearing the prosecution who has done an outstanding job thusfar and if LKB does, she does so at her own peril. Or more properly, at her client's peril.

Or your Spiffy "Websleuths" t-shirts.....wouldn't that just eat CA's shorts?:dance:

Totally OT, but if I were to wear a t-shirt to court, my sister wouldn't leave enough of me left to ever post here again (She works for a local PD).

Back On - My sister (again), is stating that should a defense attorney show up on a crime scene while it's being processed, the local SA would add another charge (something to do with having knowledge of a crime and not reporting it - legal eagles weigh in here please)

I think it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors..

Defense Attorney's come in after crime scene is done, not while they are investigating it :rolleyes:

Just for reference. if you ask a poster a question and they do not choose to answer, do not ask over and over. this is a message board. People leave posts and have the option of responding to other posts or not.
gracias

30 0f 'em. Row upon row.

It would actually be better NOT to wear any WS shirts because they need to know that the people's disgust with all of them isn't limited to a small group of "bloggers"--KWIM? The only difference between the disgust most Orlandoans feel for that crazy family and the general WS'er is that we put our thoughts and feelings into words here.

The reason you probably didn't find the case law is because the word is, for no good reason I can think of, spelled "spoliation"...except when it's spelled wrong in the case law. ;)

Not exactly - its etymology is just closer to the actual Latin spoliatus, the past participle of spoliare - which of course means to despoil.

I guess it's a terminate/terminator type of thing, where it was used as a Latin derivative despite its close connection to our own modern word "spoil".

So, even though the root is the same, it's technically spelled correctly in law. First cousins, once removed.

Or your Spiffy "Websleuths" t-shirts.....wouldn't that just eat CA's shorts?:dance:

Shoot! I used to post on another forum and think up slogans each day for teeshirts to wear to trial (of course, when we thought it might happen in our lifetimes). Wish I had written a few down.

The Nanny Did It! was a favorite, though.

OT ~ my apologies

BUT I'd buy a TEAM CAYLEE shirt! Row upon row of TEAM CAYLEE - Yeah!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Cool idea, but I'd bet a nickel you'd never make it into the courtroom wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew