FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towards home.

If the tanks are approximately 700 feet from the burned out house on Gano Ave. and they are on the side toward Somer's home and not the side toward the school, doesn't that mean that she had already passed the house on Gano when she was last seen by the little boy who said he saw her by the tanks?

If the tanks are approximately 700 feet from the burned out house on Gano Ave. and they are on the side toward Somer's home and not the side toward the school, doesn't that mean that she had already passed the house on Gano when she was last seen by the little boy who said he saw her by the tanks?

After looking at the maps and the route the kids usually take from school to home, I thought the same thing - if she was last seen "going towards the tanks", wouldn't that mean she had already passed the 1080 Gano house?

The tanks are before the burned out home on her trek home.

I'm only going on what has been reported here. There is a new roof and windows. Pretty unlikely at this point that it is unlocked, I feel. But how would I know?

Oh I understand. It'd be easier if LE would give a few more details.

OTOH if the killer broke a window or jimmied a lock to gain access they could be keeping it under wraps as info that only the killer would know.

Melissa

One other thing. I read (or saw, can't remember) that LE used dogs that first night. Does anyone know if at any time they used dogs close to the burned out house (either the first night, or during later searching) and what the response was if so?

If they used dogs then I'm sure they went to the areas where she was last seen - those areas being right near the house. Wouldn't the dogs have tracked her right up to the house if she had gone there?

After looking at the maps and the route the kids usually take from school to home, I thought the same thing - if she was last seen "going towards the tanks", wouldn't that mean she had already passed the 1080 Gano house?

Somebody gave incorrect information here. The tanks come before 1080 Gano.

When Somer turned on Gano from Miller, she walked one block to Solomon. The tanks are on that corner. The next corner is Bay Circle. After Bay Circle there are 4 houses. 1080 Gano is the 3rd house. The next corner is Grove Park Drive, then The Grove Rd., past the church on the left, then Debarry. The crossing guard at Debarry said she never made it to that corner.

A simple lookup of 1080 Gano on Google maps shows this.

Okay - thx Paris! All the stars were confusing me! I went back and looked at page 2 of the thread, and I see that the tanks are indeed before the 1080 Gano house. But, I also noted that the last place she was reported being seen IS AFTER the 1080 Gano house - at Gano and Grove Park Dr.

If they used dogs then I'm sure they went to the areas where she was last seen - those areas being right near the house. Wouldn't the dogs have tracked her right up to the house if she had gone there?
That might be why they followed the trucks.the dogs might have smelled Somers scent in one of the dumpsters or garbage cans.I don't know if they had cadaver dogs out there or not.

Hi all. Sorry to intrude here. I am generally a lurker who comes out to post ever so often. I felt compelled after reading some of the information listed tonight about CWG's brother and the tree service. First, I will prefice by saying that I have lived in the Jacksonville area my entire life. This case has been so hard for me. I am a mother and cannot imagine the grief a parent feels in a loss, but also because it is so close to home.

But, back to why I am posting. I did a little digging the other night about the address that CWG gave on the MPR. The house is listed with 3 individuals. TR's was in real estate, but in 2005 I found a article stating that he worked as a sales rep for Eager Beaver Tree Service. I will try to link, but not sure if I know how. Also, the individuals who are listed as the phone number are divorced and have since remarried. I think maybe CWG was working at the house, in the tree business with this new company.

Link to TR article

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpo...ee-trimming-truck/a6cfaWhiLk-i-uYxYaa9Ww.cspx

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/08/tree-removal-truck-stuck.html

Great find!!!! It certainly could put CWG there for cutting burned trees or branches at the Gano house. Any locals that can drive by and see if it looks like trees were cut? Might be hard to tell if it's in the back or even in the front if a tree was totally cut down. But a Google earth map look would indicate any change in trees from when the pics were taken and what is there today.

I don't think a connection between Homer Spires and DT was made. There was a car accident at the driveway of Thompson home involving C. C. Spires.

TA 11021770 On 10/25/2009 at 12:40, an accident occurred on xxxx HORTON DR at DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE. Accident involving: C. C. Spires

http://p2c.claysheriff.com/dailybulletin.aspx (for 10/25)

No connect AFAIK between C. Spires and Homer ... or C. Spires and DT.
[/QUOTE

FYI, but maybe he is getting by using an alias, God only knows maybe he is one of the lawn guys or construction , who knows .

Kind of too much of a coincidence to have so many w/the same name, isn't it?
And it stands to reason that if C Spires was backing out of Diena's driveway, he could have been struck by a car on the street. No, I think C and Homer are kin, along w/Debbie.

I have looked for divorce records of DT and PC - can't find anything! I also looked for death records of PC, but found nothing. Only thing I find is marriage record of Diena L and PC, from Giles County, Tennessee, dated June 5, 1995. If these records are correct, DT (Diena L) married PC six days after her divorce from Travis L was final.
I wondered briefly if PC had died, which would explain why no divorce record, but can't find death record anywhere, so he must still be living. But where is the divorce record?

I recall a court record where he had to report to the courts his address.
That was way back sometime last week. I didn't save my link either.
Let me think about the time frame I ran into that info.

Latest from Putnam Co. radio

Click Here to Track this Offender
Designation: Sexual Offender
Name: Dwayne R Conley
Department of Corrections #: 958463
Search the Dept of Corrections Website
Date of Birth: 02/08/1969
Race : White
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'05"
Weight: 132 lbs

Thinking about who has keys to the burned house under rehab...
And I still want to know about the Vinson's sister. I tried sleuthing her last week, to no avail, but I'm not as good as some of you at that stuff.
If there's nothing in the house but studs, maybe they didn't even lock it. What's in there to take?
And as an aside, when I t/w my electrician hubby, he said putting windows in w/just the 2X4s up would be a crazy way to build a house.
I am right, right? Only the studs were up in the house?

If there's nothing in the house but studs, maybe they didn't even lock it. What's in there to take?
And as an aside, when I t/w my electrician hubby, he said putting windows in w/just the 2X4s up would be a crazy way to build a house.
I am right, right? Only the studs were up in the house?

Yep, could see the studs thru window in the front room of the house from media coverage of the house.

Ok, I've googled Catherine C. extensively. It does not appear that she is a "direct" link to Homer. Catherine married to a Donald. Perhaps there's some relation there...dunno
Alexandra, have you tried googling Carolotta, instead? Only on very formal/legal documents does my hubby use his first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny