Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm doing the arithmetic correctly (always a big if with me :p) she's actually too old to be ElDorado Jane. She went missing in 1980 at 15; Jane was found in 1991, so Kimberly would have been 25 or 26. The estimate on Jane is 18-21, though her pictures look older to me.

You're right - I was thinking in my head that EDJD was killed in 1981, when it was actually 1991. I should have double-checked.

And I'm the accountant. :blushing::blushing:

It's easy to mix things up like that -- so many dates, so many missing. I've done it myself often enough. And we know you're usually really good!

I think she looks 25-30 personally and not just the pics with makeup.

Side by sides with Kimberly. Facial resemblance is startling -- something about the set of the head on the neck and the way she angles her head. Kimberly is the two end pictures; Jane in the middle.

If I'm doing the arithmetic correctly (always a big if with me :p) she's actually too old to be ElDorado Jane. She went missing in 1980 at 15; Jane was found in 1991, so Kimberly would have been 25 or 26. The estimate on Jane is 18-21, though her pictures look older to me.

Kimberly Kahler was submitted on April 4, 2009 by me,the last response I received was from Detective Harris (In California) stating that the DNA was being processed, on April 13, 2009. Nothing since then. I have not heard back from ME Edwards.
Here is the list of rule outs per NamUs:

Melinda Creech, Indiana
Tricia Kellett, Illinois
Kim Leggett, Texas
Staci Madison, Arkansas
Michelle Mulcahy, Florida
Lisa Sexton, Ohio
Sherri White, Alaska

I'll e-mail both, on Monday and ask about the findings!

Here is the list of rule outs per NamUs:

Melinda Creech, Indiana
Tricia Kellett, Illinois
Kim Leggett, Texas
Staci Madison, Arkansas
Michelle Mulcahy, Florida
Lisa Sexton, Ohio
Sherri White, Alaska

Lori Julian of Scottsdale AZ is a rule-out also, although she is not listed in NamUs.

I browsed through this thread so sorry if this info has already been posted but when I did a quick search to find more background info on the case, I found this thread (81UFAR "El Dorado Jane Doe" 1991 - Cold Case Investigations) where apparently, one of the Doe Network volunteers behind the video of JD writes:

A few months ago Roy was arrested again in El Dorado on a warrant out of Texas(Dallas) and Det Cathy Phillips got the chance to talk to him again ,

He said when they lived in LA her mom and sister came on a bus to see them from FL, and stayed with them for a few days This was before they went to dallas , He refused to give her name , I asked to talk to him to and was ready to get on a plane and fly out there , He said he had seen my video on her and didnt think he could talk to me , and wondered how someone that never new her could care so much for her , So he refused my visit .

Does anyone think maybe her family knows who she is,, and that she passed away? They just don't want to "claim" her due to financial reasons, or they aren't so happy about her lifestyle?

I wonder if someone could change all of these pictures to show her with brown hair and repost them here? It might be easier to identify her that way. She sure looks familiar but I guess that happens after looking at so many pictures for so long?

Just my opinion but I think she is older than they think.

I wonder if someone could change all of these pictures to show her with brown hair and repost them here? It might be easier to identify her that way. She sure looks familiar but I guess that happens after looking at so many pictures for so long?

Just my opinion but I think she is older than they think.

Yeah, I think she looks quite a bit older than the estimate.

I browsed through this thread so sorry if this info has already been posted but when I did a quick search to find more background info on the case, I found this thread (81UFAR "El Dorado Jane Doe" 1991 - Cold Case Investigations) where apparently, one of the Doe Network volunteers behind the video of JD writes:

Wow - this is the first time I've seen any of this info! So, her murderer knows her name but won't tell. Figures. And she has family? Is it possible that they really haven't been looking for her for this long? If that's the case, no wonder she ran away. Poor thing.

Yeah, I think she looks quite a bit older than the estimate.

I think so too carbuff - in the pics where she's all made up. But in the pics where she doesn't have any makeup on and her hair is pulled back, she looks very young to me.

I wonder if this is another one of those cases where she was reported missing prior to the age of 18 and then "fell off" the missing persons grid after she turned 18. We've seen that before and sometimes the family doesn't realize it.

I can't remember if we've looked at this girl before. She would have been about 23 when JD was killed. Height is off and some details are missing, but:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vaughn_emma.html

What do ya'll think?

ETA - she went missing the same date JD was killed - July 10.

You could be onto something with this one, fairy. I put Emma in the middle, below. The height is a problem -- though Emma is young enough to have grown quite a bit. Not sure whether scars don't match up or some just aren't mentioned. But they do look quite a bit alike, and Emma's lifestyle could certainly have led her to follow a guy to Arkansas.

Attachments

• 81UFAR9.jpg
    81UFAR9.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 51
  • vaughn_emma3.jpg
    vaughn_emma3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 81UFAR1.jpg
    81UFAR1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 52
I sent it over to the NamUs case manager. Emma is not on Jane Doe's list of rule outs. We shall see!

Does anyone know why Kelly McGinnis is not listed on NAMUS as a rule out for this Doe?

Realistically, what is the youngest you think this doe is? Does anyone understand dental records? Did this Does still have her wisdom teeth? If so, she could have been under 18, right?

Does anyone know why Kelly McGinnis is not listed on NAMUS as a rule out for this Doe?

Realistically, what is the youngest you think this doe is? Does anyone understand dental records? Did this Does still have her wisdom teeth? If so, she could have been under 18, right?

The NamUs lists of rule-outs within each case file are rarely, if ever, comprehensive. Another example is Fond Du Lac Jane Doe, which only lists one person ruled-out although dozens of MP's have been reviewed and excluded as possible matches.

Wow, there has been alot of good info lately on this case. Alot of it suprises me because I always thought she was older then 18-20. This was one of the first cases I was trying to match up when I was a volunteer with doenetwork. It really intrigues me that no one has come forward saying she is their family after all of these years.

One of my thoughts is, if her family is from Florida...She may be from a rural area, especially if its true that the mom and sister came on a bus to see her. Maybe they dont have internet but I dont understand why she would not have been reported missing unless they where afraid of Roy and calling LE. But after all of these years I would think that someone called. I dont know if I believe Roy's recollection that they came to Lousiana and visited them.

edit: BTW, I had a really eerie feeling when I read this about the mom and sister and Roy not wanting to say where they where from and stuff. The first thought I had was, what if the dm and ds didnt make it back to Florida????? Maybe thats why they are not looking for her?

Wow, there has been alot of good info lately on this case. Alot of it suprises me because I always thought she was older then 18-20. This was one of the first cases I was trying to match up when I was a volunteer with doenetwork. It really intrigues me that no one has come forward saying she is their family after all of these years.

One of my thoughts is, if her family is from Florida...She may be from a rural area, especially if its true that the mom and sister came on a bus to see her. Maybe they dont have internet but I dont understand why she would not have been reported missing unless they where afraid of Roy and calling LE. But after all of these years I would think that someone called. I dont know if I believe Roy's recollection that they came to Lousiana and visited them.

edit: BTW, I had a really eerie feeling when I read this about the mom and sister and Roy not wanting to say where they where from and stuff. The first thought I had was, what if the dm and ds didnt make it back to Florida????? Maybe thats why they are not looking for her?

That's a good thought about the mom and sister. Scary, but good.

I'm not sure how much I believe Roy, though. He seems like one of those guys who after he shakes hands with you, you want to count your fingers to make sure he didn't steal one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels