WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting tidbit pulled from that GLC article:

Since the discovery of the body on Saturday afternoon, the lead role in the investigation moved from the Chelan County Sheriff's Office to Douglas County Sheriff's Office although the efforts of many agencies of law enforcement continues as the story began with an abandoned vehicle in Pitcher Canyon in Chelan County, and a nearly instant decision by Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum to organize a high power task force to orchestrate an all out search and investigation in the circumstances of MacKenzie Cowell's disappearance.

I have been reading your comments about this person DD on fb and she is crazy and by far more than just a bowl etc short.
I am the person that she did this too !
It was a sick joke for her to do to me and my family! And on April fools day!
I thought I personally would state the facts !
Her boyfreind had been hired by me to do renovations to my business. She got jealous of me and the night before she prayed to the devil to help her along with several diseased people to kill me with her bare hands. The evidence was found in her residence all over the walls, ceilings, closets and closet doors etc where she had written( in ink ) to the devil by the investigators on the case. She was charged with 2 felon charges and 4 misdemeanors. Along with a restraining order for life.
She spent almost 5 months in a mental facility by Spokane. She is schyzo and manic depressive. One of her children spent time in one also.
I would not trust her about any info you hear and I don't want to be harassed by her. I was lucky to be alive and she lied when she said she hurt my dogs ! She only attacked me from behind and the boyfriend tried to get her off of me with no prevail. My daughter could hear my screams and she called 911 and ran to assist (she was 17 at that time ) . The police arrived about 15 units with fire trucks etc. and it took 5 of them to get her off of me along with my daughter and the boyfriend of the DD person. She was sent straight to the medical facility.
I hope this clears up the comments on here.
I have been on here from time to time hoping we can help MC. To be able on finding resolution for this young girl. This a terrible thing to have happened. I know from personal experience what being a victim is like and it is so scary when trying to save your life. I am a lucky one ! People were around me. If I had been alone I may not be here today !
I appreciate you snipping it from this site.It is amazing how i got pulled into this. Thanks anyway for helping and I respect everyones theories and please keep up the great work

Wow! Thanks for sharing Pachina! It must have been a horrible experience for you!!!! WHY is she free???? Was she not prosecuted on attempted murder charges? Only 5 months in a mental facility? It sure doesn't sound like she has any remorse or is well! Will letters to somebody help to have her re-admitted??? Her comments on her FB page look like pretty good evidence to having her re-committed or incarcerated somewhere! JMO

Another interesting tidbit pulled from that GLC article:

Since the discovery of the body on Saturday afternoon, the lead role in the investigation moved from the Chelan County Sheriff's Office to Douglas County Sheriff's Office although the efforts of many agencies of law enforcement continues as the story began with an abandoned vehicle in Pitcher Canyon in Chelan County, and a nearly instant decision by Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum to organize a high power task force to orchestrate an all out search and investigation in the circumstances of MacKenzie Cowell's disappearance.

Certainly smacks of suspicious evidence being found in her car? speculation

Just speculating but IMO they want her DNA just to eliminate it. Maybe they have lots of DNA and need to go through the process of elimination, the t crossing and i dotting. This make sense why the lab is taking so long. If MC had many friends, you'd think a lot of her friends would have left some DNA in her car or elsewhere at one time or another.

IDK about the parental consent issue, sorry.

It's not illegal.

ITA: They are gathering your daughter's (and MC's other friends') DNA to rule out. I think there is prob lots of different DNA in the car, on the clothing/shoes that were in the car, etc. Girls share all kinds of stuff!

IMO I think they are going to catalog everyone's DNA that is on anything involved here- car, house, crime scene, etc. And then find the 'unknown' or the one that has no reason to be there.

Another reason I believe this to be the case--- If they are collecting DNA and interviewing minors without their parents present... it's not illegal, but it's bad form if they think that kid is going to be a suspect at some point. A good attorney could argue that the kid's rights were violated, didn't understand their rights (even if they say they do) etc. If they thought they were collecting evidence from a POI, IMO, they would tread very lightly to make sure nothing could possibly get thrown out of court.

Just MOO... :)

Great sleuthing, Liz! So, can we deduce that LE did receive all data from Verizon wireless and any purging of data would have happened at the LE level??? This just gets curiouser and curiouser!

Thanks, ARose. But at this point, I'm not sure we can deduce anything from it. If I understand correctly (and I'm not in any way certain I do) there was a higher level of priority/urgency with respect to some of Mackenzie's cell phone records. Due to the fact that she was missing and considered endangered - thus compelling Verizon to turn over certain cell phone data relating to Mackenzie. Once her body was found, (again if I understand correctly) that urgency no longer existed and that is why LE requested "preservation of the data", until a warrant could be obtained/served for those records.

I'm hoping someone that knows better can, and will, correct me on this. ;)

It sure seems like that could be a possibility.. coincidence?? Not sure.. you're right, the chance that only the data from the critical time frame was lost is unlikely and suspicious. If you worked for Verizon and a friend called and requested the data be destroyed, I think that person would decline. I am not sure the killer is even smart enough to understand our comm/data networks enough to know such data may exist.. do you?

My first thought is no, I don’t think this individual is that smart; however, we have no concrete suspect, so I cannot say “no” for sure. If I was the killer and LE asked me to hand over my phone, I would ask why. If they explained to me what their plans were, I would have said get a search warrant. At that point I may have thought of all options and investigated things I did not understand. At that point, who knows what I would be capable of? You would be surprised how fast data can be permanently destroyed, hard drives can be changed, personal data storage can be destroyed and what can be done using your friends.

In my opinion, I think that LE has dropped the ball. They are handling this with kid’s gloves and it is costing them. If they asked Verizon to hold the records, presented a warrant and the records were destroyed, they should pursue legal action against Verizon, at the very least obstruction. When I work at a production facility as a supervisor, I found if you let venders get away with charging you for products that you did not use. They did not care and paid less attention to the accuracy of orders. When you called them on it, they kept the orders accurate.

The only way that LE is going to get Verizon to pay attention, is to hold someone accountable.

Wow! Thanks for sharing Pachina! It must have been a horrible experience for you!!!! WHY is she free???? Was she not prosecuted on attempted murder charges? Only 5 months in a mental facility? It sure doesn't sound like she has any remorse or is well! Will letters to somebody help to have her re-admitted??? Her comments on her FB page look like pretty good evidence to having her re-committed or incarcerated somewhere! JMO

I don't know. This incident happened in 1997. Last year she found out where I lived and went to my postmaster and was able to get him to put my address on a letter to me and he sent it. I went to the postmaster and explained what had happened with this DD person and he apologized but stated he did not give her my address. She actually was able to do it twice.
Her sentence was based on mental issues. She was given credit for time in mental facility and restraint order along with the other felon charges etc.It sounds like she has NO remorse- thats even scarier after all this time. I don't belong to fb or any of those sites so I am not aware til now of what she is doing. I do know her son is a fighter in matches around the state.

It's not illegal.

ITA: They are gathering your daughter's (and MC's other friends') DNA to rule out. I think there is prob lots of different DNA in the car, on the clothing/shoes that were in the car, etc. Girls share all kinds of stuff!

IMO I think they are going to catalog everyone's DNA that is on anything involved here- car, house, crime scene, etc. And then find the 'unknown' or the one that has no reason to be there.

Another reason I believe this to be the case--- If they are collecting DNA and interviewing minors without their parents present... it's not illegal, but it's bad form if they think that kid is going to be a suspect at some point. A good attorney could argue that the kid's rights were violated, didn't understand their rights (even if they say they do) etc. If they thought they were collecting evidence from a POI, IMO, they would tread very lightly to make sure nothing could possibly get thrown out of court.

Just MOO... :)

Also, and I don't know if it is law here yet.........but once they have your DNA don't they keep it in their database forever?????

I think they are still hopelessly lost on knowing who it is. They just interviewed my daughter again (third time) and took a DNA swab.

BTW, what are the laws as far as interviewing and getting DNA from a minor? I'm still ircked they have done all of this without my knowledge or consent...

If your daughter is a friend of Makenzie's does she know anything about this party that the girl got jumped at? or have knowledge of the girl who got jumped? Or any knowledge of the rumor that MC could have been in some girl gang? Does she have any theories as to who may have done this to MC?

Dear Posters:

1. Please keep your posts on topic. That is part of TOS.

2. There is to be no bashing of MC's mom. There is no evidence that she is part of MC's murder case, so she is off limits.

3. There is to be no discussion of MC's parents' divorce proceedings. Period. That includes ANY aspect of the divorce, including any kind of court order.

Thanks,

Hoppy

BBM

I thought this was an appropriate time to bump Hoppy's post from earlier today, for my fellow websleuthers.

Our moderators at WS have many forums, containing tons of threads that they moderate, due to the size of the WS community and the number of members participating. We are supposed to abide by the TOS and rules, as part of being able to maintain our memberships here. The moderators have better things to do than to babysit us and constantly remind us what the rules are repeatedly.

IMNSHO, our main mod here on the Mackenzie thread (Hoppy) has been doing a great job and has been more than gracious and patient with all of us here, thus far! :gomods:

Did you all realize there is a private forum, known as The Parking Lot" on Websleuths where (if I'm not mistaken) you can take your off-topic issues and go on all you like about them, as long as you don't violate TOS?

Also, in case any of you don't realize, WS has a chat room that you can access to talk about the case, if you so desire. There is also a chat forum that you can visit to find out anything you'd like to know about chatting in the WS Chat Room.

As a fellow websleuther, I ask you to please adhere to the rules because I really enjoy sleuthing this case with all of you, and I do not want to see the thread pulled, due to repeat violations of TOS; and I don't want to see any of you getting "timed out" or worse yet, banned.

I'm not saying this because I think I'm some kind of a "Know-it-All". Believe me, I'm not. But I have probably broken a lot of the rules myself, at one time or another, as such a long-timer here! :D

Okay, that's enough :eek:fftopic: for me!

:ban me: (j/k Hoppy ... It's a belated April Fool's joke, I swear! ;))

ETA: I don't know where part of my above post disappeared to (maybe it was against TOS? :waitasec:) but I am going to re-post it, and hope it's okay.

There is a private forum, on WS, known as The Parking Lot where I believe it is okay to start a thread on any off-topic subject you wish to discuss, as long as you abide by WS TOS. (IF anyone needs help starting a thread there, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you get one started on your topic of choice.)

EATA: Wow, now it's back ... weird.

Well, thats why we share it here right? If it doesnt add up, then it doesnt. One less theory to worry about.. thanks for asking about that!

Right. I just didn't want to discourage anyone from posting on here. I know sometimes our words can't be interpreted exactly during this kind of communication because we can't hear voice influctuations, body language,etc. So, I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't bashing someone else. :)

I don't know for sure about the CB house, but I don't think people would party there unless it was the current owners. Del Rio, what do you think?

I know the spec house wasn't occupied by MC anytime in the past few years but maybe someone else was having a party there.

Erok may be onto something with the power consumption. Just guessing that it won't reveal much because the houses probably have the standard kilowatt hour wheel meters. That will just show accumulated use from reading to reading.

1. He saw her the day she went missing. She came into his work at around 11:30 a.m. to see him but he was with a customer so she left and went back to school.

2. Not sure who initiated but assuming it was MC because JV was still at work. They usually texted rather than talking on the phone & one word texts would be common when he was still at work.

3. They saw each other almost every day, so I think he was expecting to see her later that night when he was off work. Definitely talk to her. He said it was very unusual for her to go somewhere without telling him first. Example: Even if she was just going to the gym after the academy, she'd text him that because she wanted him to know where he was and she wanted to know where he was.

IIRC correctly LE has stated in the WW that the "Hey" texts were initiated by JV. The earlier WW articles left it vague, but one of the later articles was specific about it.

1. He saw her the day she went missing. She came into his work at around 11:30 a.m. to see him but he was with a customer so she left and went back to school.

2. Not sure who initiated but assuming it was MC because JV was still at work. They usually texted rather than talking on the phone & one word texts would be common when he was still at work.

3. They saw each other almost every day, so I think he was expecting to see her later that night when he was off work. Definitely talk to her. He said it was very unusual for her to go somewhere without telling him first. Example: Even if she was just going to the gym after the academy, she'd text him that because she wanted him to know where he was and she wanted to know where he was.

didn't jv mention mc walked into target then back out sometime after 4:00?

I think they are still hopelessly lost on knowing who it is. They just interviewed my daughter again (third time) and took a DNA swab.

BTW, what are the laws as far as interviewing and getting DNA from a minor? I'm still ircked they have done all of this without my knowledge or consent...

WTF???? I didn't think that was legal! Did you give them the go ahead for the first one? Why are they taking DNA (still!) from daughters? Unless they really think a girl gang was responsible? Maybe they just want to dirty up the water on the internet! Keep us discussing everything so we don't zero in on or get too close to the truth! MOO

LE may interrogate or search your minor child without your knowledge, presence, or consent so long as your child is 12+ and his/her consent was given freely and voluntarily and knowingly. See, e.g., Chapter 13.40 RCW. For the record, I disagree with this rule, but it is what it is.

The spec house is owned by WC though. Would the PUD still be able to read the power consumption without her consent?

I would think that PUD or the energy provider could look at the consumption anytime they want for normal reasons. Just like the consumption history you sometimes get on your power bill.

If LE wanted it I would think they need to ask the consumer for it, or a warrant. Just guessing.

I don't know for sure about the CB house, but I don't think people would party there unless it was the current owners. Del Rio, what do you think?

I know the spec house wasn't occupied by MC anytime in the past few years but maybe someone else was having a party there.

I would be surprised if non-owners partied in the CB house.

On the other hand, I would be less surprised if non-owners partied down on the beach only. Still unlikely though.

BBM

Thanks for the great info, Melissa! It seems to me that the fact that JV was at work (if it is indeed a fact (which I have no reason to doubt)), is probably proof enough that he would not be considered a suspect at all. Again if it is fact, he has more than likely been cleared by LE - as I'm certain there are time-keeping records, as well as in-store video surveillance, that would easily substantiate his presence at work.

You also cleared up the rumor about Mackenzie having walked in and turned around and walked back out at JV's workplace prior to her disappearance.

Thanks again, Melissa!

IIRC correctly LE has stated in the WW that the "Hey" texts were initiated by JV. The earlier WW articles left it vague, but one of the later articles was specific about it.

I read in an early article that one text said 'hey' and the other said 'hey, whatz up'. Not sure which came first.. then the media later reported both texts said only 'hey'.

Does this mean anything? If so, I can probably find the early article that showed the 'hey, whatz up'.

The spec house is owned by WC though. Would the PUD still be able to read the power consumption without her consent?

The PUD is who bills her for the power so they would already have the meter readings.. its their meters, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member