Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree with you more. Her poor ex husband, RE, got screwed big time. To this day paying child support for a child that isn't his, he doesn't see, and lives with his bio father. And he paid for her college, too. I don't blame the in laws for not liking her, either. And she sure doesn't seem to mind taking, does she. Sued the business for $250,000.00. Where did that money go? I think she does spend freely, earns very little and doesn't care about others feelings.

When you adopt a child he/she becomes YOUR child. And you pay child support if you don't have primary custody after a divorce. That's life. J IS his child. I hope he and J are still close. That photo with him and little J and Terri is so adorable. How the little one is leaning towards him/daddy.

He paid for his wife's college? No, say it ain't so!

So collecting an unemployment check for doing squat is contributing? I guess collecting child support from the sucker she got to legally adopt her son is a major contribution as well, right? omg. really?

Running a household can be kind of hard. Depending on how well you run it. But it's much easier than having to answer to someone who is in complete control of your livelihood. If KH doesn't do a good job, he gets fired and everyone's life tanks. If TH doesn't do a good job, worst case scenario (felonies aside) she gets a divorce, half of Kh's , alimony, custody and child support....for collecting unemployment and doing some laundry and shopping when she wasn't busy hitting the gym for hours each day and drinking herself to sleep. jmoo

Important to remember that Kaine wouldn't have the job he has without a nanny! He would have to pay big dollars for one. Two kids, driving one to see mom eow, and taking complete responsibility for the schooling of Kyron.

I can't believe how some fail to see the value in all that she did. :eek: from the eek squad

Was Terri's unemployment from being an assistant manager at Newport Bay restaurant or from substitute teaching? Isn't two years a long time to be on unemployment?

For the past two years she has been on unemployment and contributed as much as she could to the household expenses.

It came out not too long ago that she didn't fight to get custody back from neither Kaine nor her other child's father.

Thanks C. I didn't know that. I thought I saw a glimpse of him in one of the videos and just assumed he lived there full time.

When you adopt a child he/she becomes YOUR child. And you pay child support if you don't have primary custody after a divorce. That's life. J IS his child. I hope he and J are still close. That photo with him and little J and Terri is so adorable. How the little one is leaning towards him/daddy.

He paid for his wife's college? No, say it ain't so!

BBM

Terri's parents helped the two get a home! Please give Terri and parents some credit for what they contributed. moo :eek: from the eek squad

There is interesting sentence in the article that no post has yet mentioned,

"I've never seen Kaine cry until Kyron went missing," James said, adding that his mother was hysterical.

Given the context, I assume Jxxxs is refering to Terri - rather than his step-mom Angela. This is the first indication we have that Terri reacted with intense emotion to Kyron's disappearance. I put more faith in Jxxx's portrayal of his mother's emotional state than I do that from Desiree, who accused Terri of having "ice in her veins."

But petit mal seizures (if that's what they suspected might be going on with Kyron) couldn't be controlled by will. Perhaps that's what clued her in there could be something going on organically if he wasn't responding to punishment or incentives, kwim?

Good point. Although I'm not sure if the distinction organic-not organic works with the comparison with ADHD as it is also based on organic stuff like how the brain works. I don't know what would be a better word.

The aspect of being a SAHM that I didn't like was that I was cut off socially from people. The thing I love most about working is being able to have conversations with adults and to grow friendships with colleagues. Sometimes staying at home with a small child can be stifling, in the sense that, as much as you love being with your child, you miss daily interactions with adults.

Fortunately, Terri didn't have this problem. With the gym membership and her ability to put the baby in daycare at the gym, she was able to spend time with other adults who shared her interest. Also, she frequently had lunch with friends, and she seemed to have a decent social life.

What I don't get is why someone with a master's degree couldn't find any kind of job in education beyond being a substitute. Even back 5-8 years ago, before the economy tanked, she couldn't find a job as a full-time teacher. Then I also wonder if the DUI and child endangerment charge hurt her job seeking in education. She was working at restaurants, so it's not like she didn't want to work.

I know that the job market for educators is tight right now. But three years ago, when she let her license lapse, it wasn't. So she had an ed license for all those years, but was never employed as anything but a sub. Very odd.

I don't know what it's like there in Portland, but I know school boards in general have been tightening their belts for longer than just a few years. Here, I know of several people who weren't able to work in education as they had hoped.

Important to remember that Kaine wouldn't have the job he has without a nanny! He would have to pay big dollars for one. Two kids, driving one to see mom eow, and taking complete responsibility for the schooling of Kyron.

I can't believe how some fail to see the value in all that she did. :eek: from the eek squad

I was thinking along the same lines...Kaine will soon realize (if he hasn't already) everything his wife did...

The issue to me, is that we *don't* know how much money he's talking about (Terri "wasting")--it could have been little things--we just don't know...

"I've never seen Kaine cry until Kyron went missing," James said, adding that his mother was hysterical.

Given the context, I assume Jxxxs is refering to Terri - rather than his step-mom Angela. This is the first indication we have that Terri reacted with intense emotion to Kyron's disappearance. I put more faith in Jxxx's portrayal of his mother's emotional state than I do that from Desiree, who accused Terri of having "ice in her vains."

In an early interview with either J or his father Ron - can't remember which - I think it was said that Ron and his wife went and got J on either the Monday or Tuesday after Kyron went missing. The story was that J had a week's visitation at the Hormans beginning the week after kyron went missing. He was talking to Ron on the phone while he was at the Hormans--he had only been there a day. Ron could hear Terri screaming at J in the background because J told Ron something about the case. So Ron went to get J that day to get him out of there. Which I think was wise on Ron's part, because J didn't need to be in the middle of everything happening.

Thing is, it looks like J likes Kaine and misses him very much. I hope that somehow J will be able to visit with Kaine and the baby. I feel awful for him.

BBM

[/B]
Terri's parents helped the two get a home! Please give Terri and parents some credit for what they contributed. moo :eek: from the eek squad

What's BBM mean? Also "say it ain't so" was sarcasm on my part. LOL

Oh no no eyes4crime. Her evil parents gave the money to their evil daughter. The son-in-laws did not get anything out of it... uh except a home and a business. But hey.

The aspect of being a SAHM that I didn't like was that I was cut off socially from people. The thing I love most about working is being able to have conversations with adults and to grow friendships with colleagues. Sometimes staying at home with a small child can be stifling, in the sense that, as much as you love being with your child, you miss daily interactions with adults.

Fortunately, Terri didn't have this problem. With the gym membership and her ability to put the baby in daycare at the gym, she was able to spend time with other adults who shared her interest. Also, she frequently had lunch with friends, and she seemed to have a decent social life.

What I don't get is why someone with a master's degree couldn't find any kind of job in education beyond being a substitute. Even back 5-8 years ago, before the economy tanked, she couldn't find a job as a full-time teacher. Then I also wonder if the DUI and child endangerment charge hurt her job seeking in education. She was working at restaurants, so it's not like she didn't want to work.

I know that the job market for educators is tight right now. But three years ago, when she let her license lapse, it wasn't. So she had an ed license for all those years, but was never employed as anything but a sub. Very odd.

I thought that was odd too--and I was wondering if she was holding out for a job at a particular school or grade level or something...

Who was it here that predicted a few days ago that an article of this type would come out?

I've had an f/t nanny. That cost about $2500/mo. Daycare is an alternative, but then you have to do all the housework yourself or hire a housekeeper. So for one school age child and one toddler, that's max. ~1000/mo for childcare and another $200-400 for housekeeping. So on the high extremely high end, doing nothing but working and picking up kids and maybe a tiny bit of laundry and grocery shopping (with the daycare option), it costs between $15k to $30k/year.

Given the context, I assume Jxxxs is refering to Terri - rather than his step-mom Angela. This is the first indication we have that Terri reacted with intense emotion to Kyron's disappearance. I put more faith in Jxxx's portrayal of his mother's emotional state than I do that from Desiree, who accused Terri of having "ice in her veins."

Yeah and I remember thinking odd that Terri's response is an afterthought (as written in the article).. and not as important as Kaine's reaction. :banghead:

I was thinking along the same lines...Kaine will soon realize (if he hasn't already) everything his wife did...

The issue to me, is that we *don't* know how much money he's talking about (Terri "wasting")--it could have been little things--we just don't know...

I wondered the same thing. Some people have a fit over $4 lattes. My mother was in a tizzy today because my SIL just paid $20 for a bathroom garbage can. But you're right, we'll never know.

So where's the ice in the veins? I think Terri was terribly misrepresented and now I'm really wondering why!

Hey puf, bringing this forward just in case you missed it since the thread moved pretty fast there for a bit:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5536737&postcount=10"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....[/ame]

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member