2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, in Baez's awful defence the jury has the ability to see that she needs a new lawyer .IMO We all might be shocked.

Personaly I have high expectation of the burden of proof and for me the state didnt meet them.

We are a CSI society and LE reinforces that all the time. So while it is easier to locate evidence with the advanced tools they use now it also raises the expectation of actual evidence. IMO.

While I respect your opinion(s), I have to say that, by the standard you speak of, there would/will be few successful future prosecutions as people, and potential killers, have access to readily available information (via the internet, television programs like CSI, Forensic Detectives, etc.,), therefore they are, and will continue to get "smarter" about how to avoid leaving forensic trails (telephone communications, online website visits, etc.,) and/or incriminating forensic evidence at the scene of their crime(s). I personally believe that with enough circumstantial one can sensibly and reasonably connect the dots and meet the standard for a conviction. JMO~

While I respect your opinion(s), I have to say that, by the standard you speak of, there would/will be few successful future prosecutions as people, and potential killers, have access to readily available information (via the internet, television programs like CSI, Forensic Detectives, etc.,), therefore they are, and will continue to get "smarter" about how to avoid leaving forensic trails (telephone communications, online website visits, etc.,) and/or incriminating forensic evidence at the scene of their crime(s). I personally believe that with enough circumstantial one can sensibly and reasonably connect the dots and meet the standard for a conviction. JMO~

Yeppers.

Just ask the jurors on the Scott Peterson trial :biggrin:

And the worst thing to me was RK lifting the skull with the eye socket. Did anyone notice if there was even a flinch from ICA???

I've not read or heard much today, but I did hear RK say he never got closer than 30 feet to the remains. Now I read he lifted the skull? I had always believed he said he did, but today, I was pretty sure he said he never got close to it.

I've got a lot of back reading to do!

What's with RK's son? Does he have an axe to grind or what?

He did not see his father after the divorce. I think RK's son said in his depo that the call could have been before or after Caylee was found. Rk said today the call took place after.

I think he was played.It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't set up.

I wondered about this too, especially after reading this in the 2/17/10 Interview with KH/RC:

Regarding KH/RC sister being in jail:

CE She, she said she was in jail with Casey for a period of time.
KH I guess.
CE What do you know about that?
KH I don't.
ICE No?
KH No, I mean she told me about it, but you know I don't...
SA What did she tell you about the passing letters and papers and all that? What'd she tell you about that?
KH Just that they passed letters back and forth. Like you know.. I don't care what other people think or you know. 'Cause everybody would bang on her door or something and call her names or... I don't know. Oh, 'cause I'm not too into the negative thing. So, we're not..
CE Did George know that your sister was in, in...
KH Yes.
CE He knew that she was in the jail with...
KH Uh-huh. (Affirmative)
CE ...with Casey?
KH Yeah. She.. she met urn, George.. Let me see... at my house. Finally got to meet him at my house. And he was like floored like twins wow. Yeah.
CE Huh,
KH And then that's when she told him.
CE She told him?
KH That she met, seen... you know or whatever.
CE And what, what did he ask of her? Did he ask anything about.. 'Cause he really hasn't any communication with Car.. ah, Casey.
KH No .
CE Has he?
KH No I don't know.
CE He..
SA (Inaudible)...
KH No only through a lawyer.
SA Did he ask you sister how she was doing or anything like that?
KH I don't recall. Maybe I'm not sure. It wasn't like significant for me.
CE When you say, other then through the lawyer. What do you mean by that?
Communication with Casey?
KH Yeah.
CE George.
KH A lawyer.
CE I mean through the lawyer like, him.. the lawyer communicates just verbally or dose he take letters to the jail for them?
KH All the time.
CE All the time what?
KH Letters.
CE Tell me about that.
KH I don't.. I don't know about the letters. But you guys should know that. Come on.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23070163/detail.html

I can SO imagine those 2 Holloway girls scheming to insert themselves into this mess.

Wonder if GA ever found out that they are NOT twins :crazy:

My husband had a good question for me tonight. He heard some report on TV and they were showing the old days with GA fighting with protesters outside
the house, and ICA called 911! I had forgotten that - WTH? ICA calls 911 on a fight, but not on a drowning? :banghead:

I've not read or heard much today, but I did hear RK say he never got closer than 30 feet to the remains. Now I read he lifted the skull? I had always believed he said he did, but today, I was pretty sure he said he never got close to it.

The first time RK reported finding a skull he did not get close to it. (August?) When he actually found Caylee in Dec. he said he lifted the skull.

In August, he didn't get within 30 ft. In December, he pivoted the skull with his meter stick and then gently lowered back into place.

One thing about RK....why didn't he mention to the coworker, Dean that he did call 911 a few times. I don't think RK took Caylee's remains and put them in the woods, but I think he must have not told the coworkers because he did want them to think it was so serious, so that he would be the one to get the reward. But just because he wanted the reward does not make him a body snatcher or totally morally bankrupt.

The first time RK reported finding a skull he did not get close to it. (August?) When he actually found Caylee in Dec. he said he lifted the skull.

I see. Thanks so much. For some reason the RK aspect of this circus interests me the least of all the sub-plots.:seeya:

Why did RK make money off of the snake if the Dean guy was the one that took the snake?

He did not see his father after the divorce. I think RK's son said in his depo that the call could have been before or after Caylee was found. Rk said today the call took place after.

I see another witness testimony backfiring here.

Kinda make you wonder if Baez might be a tiny bit right about the flowers in the attic thing. Doesnt it?

It does me.
Incest,
Lies,
Affairs
family secrets
hidden children.

Even Lees premature gray would be explained.

No. To me, this indicates too much TV and not enough IRL. From my vantage point in time, I would say "Dark Shadows" or possibly "General Hospital" circa 1969.

When the presentation ended today i felt like, thats it, the defense doesn't have any more.
Its kind of a calming feeling. But I know how this goes, when you get comfortable something explodes.
JB is going to try to destroy as many lives as he can before this is over. imo

What in the world are they calling Kronk for again????

Maybe the DT thinks RK's son will say RK called him before Caylee was found and said "I'm gonna be famous". Then they will recall RK and accuse him of lying and knowing where the body was before he claimed to find it in Dec.

Did Kronk ever collect a reward for finding Caylee's remains?

In a way - yes. However, JA was referring to seomthing that RC is saying that George told her. BUT - and this is a BIG ONE - I've heard this story BOTH ways - and I have one way in writing right in front of me.

Let me explain:

In the National Enquirer interview where River Cruz sold out - she is quoted as saying

"He said his wife cindy snapped and slammed ICA against a well. She grabbed her daughter by the throat and screamed, "Whe the (bleep) did you do with Caylee? Where did you put her?"

So, there ya have it. RC talks out of both sides of her mouth. It will be interesting if she takes the stand - to see what the story flavor of the day will be.

I actually don't think she does (I know, I know) When you take her statement as a whole, the accident line really doesn't come across the same way as it does when taken of context. I really have no idea why the defense thinks she'll be a good witness, her whole statement makes George sound like a man trying to come to terms with something he thinks his daughter has done. It paints an unflattering picture of him in some other ways, but not at all as someone involved in Caylee's death, or the 31 day cover up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname