Who is Matthew Bartlett and why the middle finger sign?

He probably told a friend he would do it as a prank. He deserved what he got. But if the first woman who committed contempt during jury selection would have been sentenced properly (like a real sentence) this wouldn't have happened. I know she wasn't responsible cause she took medication but forgot that day. Please. She should at least be given what this guy got. I believe this judge is serious but he didn't show it then and now this happens.

That women appeared to me to be mentally impaired to some extend. Possibly this is taken into account when sentencing.

Photos from facebook.com/media/albums/?id=174731405877338

263509_246077888742689_174731405877338_1157012_110257_n.jpg

267577_246077852076026_174731405877338_1157010_1869041_n.jpg

261710_246077868742691_174731405877338_1157011_727694_n.jpg

268022_246077798742698_174731405877338_1157007_6089559_n.jpg

That's insane! What complete utter disregard for the law, other's public property. What was this about? The Stanley Cup? Uh? I don't get it. Thanks for sharing. some seriously unstable individuals.

My first thought was that the guy might have been a plant trying to ruin the trial. He should have gotten about 6 mos. like Leonard P. said on one of the shows tonight.

Who is Matthew Bartlett?
Why did he make that middle finger sign?
Why did he say he wants to appeal when he clearly said that it was stupid of him to make the sign?

1. An unusual person.

2. Because he could.

3. Because he probably doesn't know what an appeal is. JMHO

He's a post-adolescent red-blooded American male who is a server at TGIFriday's. He knew the camera was on him, and he thought it would be cool to flash his friends who might be watching. I don't think it had anything to do with JA.

He could have been a "plant" to try and cause a mistrial but that is not as likely, though I wouldn't put it past Baez to try it.

bbm

Isn't that what we call an adult? :waitasec:

quote from weedemout:

"I will ask some lawyers in my family. You guys are not understanding my question. I understand contempt of court, I understand it's legal. What I don't understand is how an american citizen can do something and be locked up within the hour and have the system throw a lawyer to you.... Shoot casey had freedom longer for killing a child."

She would have been if they'd had a picture of her doing it.

ETA: Sorry, wrong quote. I'll try to fix it if I can.

I have a big problem with what I bolded. The guy is a <modsnip>, no doubt, but as a citizen this happened too fast, especially for a poor person working a crap job. He probably can't afford a good lawyer. He was basically helpless. I'm just wondering about the legalities. I will look for the lawyer thread, but like most things here it's probably incredibly long. So if you can offer some suggestions on what page to start on, i'd be grateful.

We have rules for courtroom behavior, for a number of reasons. In that case, the guy was given a sheet of paper containing ths rules, there were signs posted just outside the doors he passed through to enter the courtroom, and I believe they were all read the rules as well. Whether poor or rich, he broke the rules and was held in contempt for it. IMO, the guy was trying to A) get a few minutes in the spotlight B) impress the ice queen aka casey or C) Both A and C. He got what he deserved IMO. The defense team is looking for anything, no matter how small, to get a mistrial. They could make the argument that the distraction caused thd jury to loose their focus, and thus his client didn't receive a fair trial. The judges quick actions, more than likely, kept the defense from being able to request a mistrial do to the incident!

He's a post-adolescent red-blooded American male who is a server at TGIFriday's. He knew the camera was on him, and he thought it would be cool to flash his friends who might be watching. I don't think it had anything to do with JA.

He could have been a "plant" to try and cause a mistrial but that is not as likely, though I wouldn't put it past Baez to try it.

He probably thought it would be cool to post on YouTube.

Or he thought it would play on Tosh.0 (my kids watch that show)

Who is Matthew Bartlett?
Why did he make that middle finger sign?
Why did he say he wants to appeal when he clearly said that it was stupid of him to make the sign?

1. I don't know.
2. I don't know.
3. I don't care.

I just think it would be fitting if Jose got appointed to defend MB, pro bono. The kid could wind up doing LWOP. :loser:

Note: I do envision HHJP, in his robe, stopping in to visit the young man before he is transferred to the real jail. The young man will get "educated".

The blond girl sitting next to him is his fiance. A reporter from Fox News talked to her after court.

The blond girl sitting next to him is his fiance. A reporter from Fox News talked to her after court.

LOL just LOL.

Hooo boy I won't even go there Amster. :D

ETA: - IGNORE this post. The guy I reference to below is a different guy. DIfferent date of birth (although same age, 4 months out)

Hey guys,

This guy seems to have form, check here:

http://florida.arrests.org/search.php?fname=+Matthew+&lname=Bartlett

The mugshots don't look too like him (it is late here though so I could be wrong) but the age is the same. Too much of a coincidence I think.

I am going to do some research but I think he may not have been to honest when he denied having any convictions for crimes of dishonesty or high moral turpitude (these are arrests rather than convictions so I will need to do more research).

uklaw -

I was just going to post that I wondered if he was getting back at JA in a very public way for prosecuting him for a crime in the past.

Okay...just a thought...he is 28 right? There is a Matthew Bartlett that graduated from Colonial High School (same as ICA...maybe same is Lee--given that he and Lee are the same age) in 1999...things that make you go hmmm....

Okay, I'll bite. Are you suggesting this is ICA's baby-daddy?:waitasec:

Even if you're not, let's get his DNA while we've got him.

Saw a segment on Local 6 11pm news tonight on this guy on the and bought out some other items:

The reporter went to his mother's house to try and interview her. She refused the interview saying she hadn't spopken to him for a year.

They also showed a video and interview they had done with him the day before (Wed.) as he waited in line to get a ticket for Thursday's session. He was number 1 in that line. I remember he made some cocky remark to the reporter but can't remember what it was now and I can't seem to find that clip on their website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back