Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I can't tell you where exactly I read it, but apparently the neighbours who were having a party nearby, came forward and claimed the screams were their own. I read that in this thread, I think.

There's been no confirmation from police on the screams...all we've heard is that police were treating the screams seriously.

".... Suspicious and cautious of everyone"? A little over the top IMO. A murder of this nature isn't what I'd call an every day event ... Have more faith in your fellow man including the sausage turner, without him, the sausages would end up being burnt.
Is there a full moon tonight?[/QU

I am sure many thought the same when GBC was in charge of the bbq...... Do you have children?????

One thing that has struck me, more than most aspects of this case, is how much distance the two families must have to remain estranged during such a tragic time.

Surely, if ever there were a time to let bygones be bygones, this was it?! IMO

Why the distance? Because Gerard killed Allison.

(IMO)

Regarding lawyering up so early, people have been constantly justifying this but I again think the key issue is the timing. He lawyered up so early when the police were still indicating Allison was a missing person - there was no indication at all of any foul play, and GBC and his sister spoke of Allison being depressed and wanting her to please come home. The only reason I can see for lawyering up when your wife was being searched for along these lines is that you were guilty, and already knew you were under suspicion because of the unspecified observations the police made at the house and the questions they asked you about those observations.

Yes, you could lawyer up simply because 'they always suspect the husband in these cases', but I personally believe it is because there was plenty to be concerned about and plenty to need protection from. This is MOO, but IMO whatever was discovered at the house was already indicating a situation of concern, perhaps holes in the wall due to past rages and possibly DV, &/or other things.

I just think the likelihood of someone totally innocent who really believed his wife had gone for a walk and couldnt be found would feel the need to lawyer up just to protect themselves in case it all turned out she had met with foul play and he was blamed. How many innocent people actually do this in reality - especially at such an early stage?

I am not sure people are necessarily justifying it. But maybe offering up other suggestions to what may seem. I agree it does look awfully suspicious and coupled with the apparent legal searches found on the computer(reported to be) I would agree. However I also do not know if there are any other factors involved that would lead to someone doing this. Maybe there is a reason other than because he was guilty of harming his wife. In answer to how many people do it, I don't know because thankfully this doesn't happen every other day. Just thoughts.

Yeah - sorry. I know it must be annoying to have newbies clogging up the works when you are all fully informed. Just wanted to introduce myself. Will wait until I've fully caught up.

And the emoticons - just something I'd wondered while I was reading over the last week. Thought I might as well ask.

Will try not to intrude till I've read it all. :truce:

Please join in with your thoughts. They are as valuable as anyone else's *advertiser censored*

thanks Wakeskate...posters have been saying that from the start...and you are helping to confirm it...from what they say too there is no way that an accident could happen like that, only a deliberate act..good sleuthing

I was one of those doubters from the start (maybe not verbally, can't remember) that thought having an accident could simply be his current state, be that one of a grieving husband, or a scared POI.
I was heading that way tonight to get dinner and thought I would take the route that took me straight past it.
At the speed limit, 50 (I think) or even doing 40, you would have to really turn the wheel hard to get in and hit that pylon. I am talking a good 1/4-1/3 turn and hold it to maintain the speed that would do that damage. It's not something you do drifting across whilst head checking to change lanes or simply not paying attention.
The only other way was if you were to maintain your speed whilst already mounting the gutter, which still gives you 30 odd metres to turn back out or brake.

Kailee, great thinking. One of the first new thoughts in this case in the last couple of days! You are like Elle woods in legally Blonde, solving a case with her knowledge of perms. I hope the police think of this.

Um, I posted this last night. :waitasec:

Another thing I would like to add and I apologise if it's already been mentioned. Allison apparently had her hair coloured on Thursday night, 19th April. Prior to her death strands of her hair would most likely have been in her car and elsewhere. But after having it coloured (as was mentioned) those hair strands would be a different colour and if these newly coloured strands of hair turned up in unexplained places (accomplices clothing, car etc.) it would be very telling and of great help to the investigation. MOO.

Below is a copy of BrookieLocal's post where she mentions Allison having her hair coloured.

05-06-2012, 11:06 PM
BrookieLocal

I have always seen Allison driving the white Prado with Century 21 on the back window, that's why I knew what she looked like. It seems odd for GB-C to take that car on a late night trip, unless he was hoping people would think it was her.

Do you think it would be possible to get bruising on his chest from leaning over the bridge railing?

As for the kids sleepover, it has not been made clear which night it was and it is quite understandable to mishear something in a hairdressers when there are other people talking and hair dryers going. I guess we will have to wait for confirmation on that one. For those that are interested, she did have colour put in and she did make her next appointment before she left.In regard to the post about giving out too much information, I do not believe what we are saying will give any lawyer a "heads up", it is all standard procedures we are talking about.

BBM.

Yes, it is odd. Probably because that's when she was reported missing. IMO I think she went 'missing' before midnight on the 19th. But who knows?

I think it would be the 20th, because thats when she was reported missing- even though she may indeed have met foul play late the night before.(19TH)

EDIT: sorry I see this has already been said. I am catching up so haven't read all posts.

Or simply the media reporting it wrongly.

IMO, after all this time I think if the police had a definitive answer to the question about when she was last seen (watching tv or heading out for a walk), I think they would have asked the media to correct it. Then the media would scramble to ensure they were the "first" with the latest (and corrected) information about her last sighting.

I think there's a lot more to that discrepancy about timing, which makes me think there's been a few versions told to police and quite possibly none of them could be correct, i.e. she wasn't watching the Footy Show and she wasn't going for a walk.

IMO, you can tell by the wording in some of the stories, including the phrases used by police, that her last sighting is not actually a fact, but instead they are relaying what a potential witness or POI has said to them.

obviously QPS would have information from the hairdresser as to what products were used on the night of 19/4/12.
Would any residual chemicals from shampoo/conditioner/dye/treatment be in the carpet of the car if the body was transported? I know the products I use regularly at home are different to those used by my hairdresser, so if any fresh hair samples with said residue were found in the rear of the car, or in the carpet, surely QPS can use this as evidence that she was in the rear of the car that night/early next morning.
I've asked a couple of times with no response, but does anyone know what hair colour ABC had in the weeks leading up to her murder? she was listed as blonde in her missing persons report - but most of her photos are shades of red/brunette. had she been blonde before the 19/4/12 hair appointment? - again, the colour of any strands found in the rear of the car would be strong evidence IMO

When someone mentioned that the other night I thought it was quite smart. However the defense will just claim the hair strands would have just blown throughout the car(s) when she drove home. If they show up in the other car then a similar excuse could be made for her being in it. Hardly solid evidence I would suspect.

I noticed those too! What's with all the horns? :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

My father in law has about 10 mounts around his house and my brother in law has just as many. Should we be looking at them as POI? :waitasec: (they have a decent alibi given they don't live in Australia)

I meant to add this to my previous post re Hawkins words..."a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

I reallly don't like saying this but could there have been some sort of "party" thing..eg..orgy?? going on at the house & it all went way out crazy??

If some reports are correct. It is always a possibility of some involvement. However I don't really tend to think if so that it would be at their house. Surely if so people would have noticed alot of people/cars at the BC house at night(?)But I guess we don't know what has been reported to police.

When someone mentioned that the other night I thought it was quite smart. However the defense will just claim the hair strands would have just blown throughout the car(s) when she drove home. If they show up in the other car then a similar excuse could be made for her being in it. Hardly solid evidence I would suspect.

Agreed, but if the newly coloured strands of hair were found on someone else's clothing or in their car who (supposedly) wasn't anywhere near Allison after she had her hair done, I think would be more telling.

It's pretty damn solid evidence though if the hairs are determined to be from a deceased person.

".... Suspicious and cautious of everyone"? A little over the top IMO. A murder of this nature isn't what I'd call an every day event ... Have more faith in your fellow man including the sausage turner, without him, the sausages would end up being burnt.
Is there a full moon tonight?[/QU

I am sure many thought the same when GBC was in charge of the bbq...... Do you have children?????

Yes I do have children, and I think GBC was only looking after one sausage, and it wasn't on the BBQ

yep..me too, are you referring to a woman named Amber? I really hope no more workers for C21 are having their names dragged through the mud simply because they worked there. Can you be more specific please?

Or simply for the sake of having something to sleuth.

OOPs..I see Amber is a dog, lol..I mean literally. ;) ok all good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592