Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When checking for drugs in someone's system, there has to be a test for each type of drug. For example, when certain patients (auto accidents, possible stroke or possible heart-related episodes, etc.) are brought into an ER and cannot speak for themselves, a standard test looks for marijuana, cocaine, alcohol and sometimes meth or speed -- so that the ER personnel with know what they're dealing with. So that would be the case here. Do we know for which drugs she was tested? I certainly could have missed that part of the testimony...

Yes, I think it was the second week of the trial. They tested for most of the drugs the dt mentioned today. I say most because I don't think they tested for fat busters. All tests were negative iirc.

I would love to know the witness list for tomorrow. I am going to attend the morning session and I will be sure to provide details to all of you when I get back around 1PM.

Yeah!! I was so hoping you would venture over there again! I'll be looking forward to your fabulous input...Hope you're able to read the jurors a bit. Something I've been SO curious about; seems to me the DT keeps throwing bs questions out there, alot of false inuendo. Does anyone else feel that way, & how do the jurors seem to respond to it? It seems quite frequent, ie: "Did Drew come to your house that day? Didn't he give your mother a patio set?" Seems to me like they're just trying to put doubt about every single witness' honesty and/or recollection without any follow up, as to impeach them. It's infuriating to me!:maddening: I do have to say I'm alot more optimistic today than I have been. I would think even a 3rd grader, seeing the way & condition of KS, would automatically recognize that this was no simple "household accident"! In spite of the "Three Stooges" comments to the media & inference in the courtroom, the jury must realize all these witnesses didn't crawl out of the woodwork just to try to screw Drew Peterson!! I'm praying tomorrow is another good one for the PT, and Kathleen!, with (please God) NO MORE SCREW UPS! Another personal thanks to those awesome people here working so hard to keep us informed & updated! :gthanks: It has to come with alot of stress & hardwork! Also, I saw alot of questions earlier about the permission slip the proposed hitman signed, I was under the impression that was for DP to do that background check for him? As for the ride along, even if it wasn't supposed to be done, I hardly think that was a matter of any concern for this BB PD! See ya'll tomorrow!

Thank you to everyone who kept us updated earlier today. Really appreciate it!

Thanks for updating us everyone. Sorry, Real Life called today and I was away from the computer most of the day.

I cannot believe I missed Nick's testimony.

I saw the various questions about the pictures that he took. But did they ever say there was specifically a picture he took of her taking a bath?

Didn't they say earlier that a picture they had of her in the tub was taken by Nick? Wouldn't they bring that up during his testimony while they had the chance?

Thanks for updating us everyone. Sorry, Real Life called today and I was away from the computer most of the day.

I cannot believe I missed Nick's testimony.

I saw the various questions about the pictures that he took. But did they ever say there was specifically a picture he took of her taking a bath?

Didn't they say earlier that a picture they had of her in the tub was taken by Nick? Wouldn't they bring that up during his testimony while they had the chance?

Not sure but I think the picture was of her sitting on the tub but not in the tub. jmo

Not sure but I think the picture was of her sitting on the tub but not in the tub. jmo

You are probably right. My mind must have gone to the scary place by itself. :smile:

Thank you to everyone who kept us updated earlier today. Really appreciate it!

Thank you for posting Nick's testimony. Very much appreciated reading what this important witness said. From what I read, he appears honest, recalling what transpired that weekend over eight years ago. And as a teenager at the time it would leave an indelible impression he would never forget.

MOO

Seems like today was a good one for PT. Is it just me or did it go smoothly? The jury wasn't jumping up and down every 5 minutes.

Yes, I think it was the second week of the trial. They tested for most of the drugs the dt mentioned today. I say most because I don't think they tested for fat busters. All tests were negative iirc.

Yeah, cos' fat busters side-effect is falling in tubs and cutting your head.:what:
LOL j/k. Those fat buster pills, IF she even took them, is a non-issue I think.
More of Drew's BS out of his liar liar mouth.

He's like FCA, if his mouth is moving, he's lying. I'm surprised his kid who just turned 18 (one of KS's sons) is sticking by Drew, he's a very bright kid (Valedictorian) so I would think he would be able to use deductive reasoning and come to the very obvious conclusion that Drew killed Kathleen. Nobody else had motive. IMO.

abbie

Yeah, cos' fat busters side-effect is falling in tubs and cutting your head.:what:

He's like FCA, if his mouth is moving, he's lying. I'm surprised his kid who just turned 18 (one of KS's sons) is sticking by Drew, he's a very bright kid (Valedictorian) so I would think he would be able to use deductive reasoning and come to the very obvious conclusion that Drew killed Kathleen. Nobody else had motive. IMO.

abbie

Drew fed those poor boys lies all of their lives. I am sure he manipulated them by telling them 'inside information.' For example, he probably told them that Stacy had a secret boyfriend and she left the family for him. And we need to pull together as a family because people are going to 'blame me' for her disappearance.' But hey kids, I saw her with him myself, but no one is going to believe me. '

And ,' sorry kids, but your mom was using drugs and had some emotional issues. They never checked her for those drugs because they want to blame me. bla bla bla. '

abbie

It's called denial. It is very hard when the offender is the surviving parent to convince children that their father would do something like that to their mother. They will some how justify it in their minds such as it was an accident. They don't want to believe DP would be capable of such a thing. But deep down, I'm sure, they know. jmo

In Session “We all convened around this little stoop that was right outside the door . . . from what it looked like, there were no lights on in the house.” After the locksmith opened the door, Steve Carcerano, his mother, his father, and this witness entered the house. “Steve and my mother went upstairs; my father and I went into the kitchen.” Peterson “stayed outside . . . he wanted to make sure that Kathy didn’t come home and see Drew in her home; she would be upset . . . when I walked in the kitchen, there was an open carton of orange juice still on the counter; I put the cap back on it and put it in the refrigerator . . . she was the kind of person who would put it away and would be on the kids about putting things away. I opened the microwave; there was a mug of water in the microwave . . . I went to the garage, to check and see if her car was in the garage.” “Was the door locked?” “The door was deadbolted; it was locked. I saw her car was in the garage; at that point I headed toward the staircase.”
BBM

So who put it back on the counter for the investigators to find?

:waitasec:

(Let me guess.....)

MOO

Place your bets now then as to colors for the jury tom.orrow Odds are yellow. And when verdict is offered, red wnite and blue!

I agree, Bravo -- I had mentioned earlier about a trial in Raleigh, NC, that I watched and with which I was very emotionally involved. Husband kills wife. The chief DT atty was IMO essentially obstructionist and persistently cried, "Your Honor, I want to be heard," so off the poor jury would trot to the jury room while there were numerous sidebars and offers of proof.

Every now & then, especially in the mornings before the jury was 1st brought in for the day, we could hear them laughing and talking -- certainly not every morning, but the judge remarked to the courtroom that it sounded like they were getting along well. They celebrated one juror's birthday with a cake another juror had brought. But the trial wore on & on -- and the jurors had been told it was projected to last around 4--6 weeks, so they knew that it would not go quickly -- and it didn't.

Despite all the camaraderie that was present --but never in the courtroom, where they were always attentive and serious, the judge received a note from one of the jurors that read, "..... When do we get our lives back?...." Nothing ugly, etc., but they were ready for it to be over, but the note did not make it sound as if they were going to rush anything when it came time to come to a verdict. (Guilty, btw.)

As we all know, juries can be very "unto themselves," cohesive, and a "band of brothers/sisters" sort of thing -- they are, indeed The Jury, and for the most part, that is good. I think that is what we are seeing here. No disrespect, but just a little something that they can do, since they are so very limited on so many other things that they cannot control.

JMO
icon7.gif

BBM

So who put it back on the counter for the investigators to find?

(Let me guess.....)

MOO

O___M___G!!!!!!! Was it the container that was on the counter or was it a glass of OJ????? jmo

Okay, I'm reading back in second week and they are saying glass of OJ.

Place your bets now then as to colors for the jury tom.orrow Odds are yellow. And when verdict is offered, red wnite and blue!

I would hope the bailiff is aware of the reason they are doing this because I could see DT having a field day with it should they find him guilty. jmo

O___M___G!!!!!!! Was it the container that was on the counter or was it a glass of OJ????? jmo

Assuming the transcription of Nick's testimony is correct, it appears he noticed the carton on the counter and put it back in the refrigerator. He mentions nothing of a glass of OJ.

Yet, when LE arrives, there is OJ on the counter.

:eek:

MOO

I wonder if it was a tote bag or if it was her actual handbag. It just added another bit of info that got my wheels turning wondering about the sequence of events......did she leave her handbag in the car? or was it a tote bag with her books or other belongings?
The neighbor boy putting the carton of OJ back in the fridge is interesting too.
He didn't know it was a crime scene that they were dealing with so he changed something...Not sure if this really matters or not.

only she and Steve the other neighbor who went upstairs........she said the very first day that Nick (her son) went out to the garage. Today Nick reported that he went along and saw Kathleen's body a bit in the tub, but he didn't walk entirely into the room.
I wonder why they have conflictual accounts.

I would hope the bailiff is aware of the reason they are doing this because I could see DT having a field day with it should they find him guilty. jmo

Folks have already had the media out there pointimg out not doing the daily admonishments and the highlighting of the colors which are following the color of bruisings (although the media is talking about coloring NONE yet have gotten the fact that the colors the jurors are doing the progression of colors for bruising over time...jeez I thought they read the blogs and discussion groups but guess only the DT does?)

I am going to go screaming nekked in the street tomorrow if I hear they are wearing yellow amongst the jury...the last color of bruising before healing. Then red, white and blue when they deliver the verdict of guilty!

only she and Steve the other neighbor who went upstairs........she said the very first day that Nick (her son) went out to the garage. Today Nick reported that he went along and saw Kathleen's body a bit in the tub, but he didn't walk entirely into the room.
I wonder why they have conflictual accounts.

He may have never told his mother he saw Kathy in the tub. When something like that happens you don't notice a lot of things you would normally. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member