Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading the first post on page 1, I find it curious that the Organised Crime Squad were involved in the beginning. Does anyone know why that would be? Also, are they still involved - can't see them mentioned in any reports lately. Why would they be involved at the very beginning? Business dealings/associates of Novy or Mr C? Anyone have any ideas on this?

The OCS involvement has me curious too. Maybe:

- a suggestion was made that Novy was kidnapped for ransom
- Chardon was involved with shady individuals, and he thought this could be some sort of payback
- the cops thought Novy was killed by a hitman
- The OCS has resources they were using in the search for Novy

They have K9, flying squad and international intelligence branches, so maybe they were just enlisted to help out in finding Novy.

But then - a LOT of women go missing in Queensland, and Novy had not been gone that long. Plus her husband is unpleasant so it's not a stretch she simply took off for a while (and I do pray this is what happened...) -- my guess? The cops had a pretty good idea something bad had happened to Novy from the get-go. Or why call in the big guns for a woman who might have just needed some time out? Doesn't make sense in any context but "we already think Novy's met with foul play".

I really wonder what made them think so..

Just some facts that might be interesting, regarding missing people in Aus:

Around 35,000 people are reported missing in Australia each year.

Of those 35,000, 99.5% are located. (this is awesome)

85% of that number are located within 7 days of being reported missing.

There are 1600 people listed as "long term missing", ie, they have been missing for 6 months or more.

I hadn't caught up with this case until today but in a news release on google it says Superintendent Dave Hutchinson emphasised Mr Chardon was not a suspect in his wife’s disappearance and said the investigation was not being ramped up in any way. And on one of the facebook news sites someone was saying that there was a sighting of her somewhere on the 11th. I know i need the links i will go get them but if there was a sighting of her on the 11th her husband had already left by then to go overseas. I also seen in a police update that ladies were acting suspicious somewhere and i will find that link too

"All I will say is that I did not f---ing do anything to her and we don't know where the f--- she is. We just don't. There's a lot more complication to it."

Mr Chardon did not elaborate, saying his lawyer had instructed him not to speak to the media.

^ I wonder why.... :shakehead:

Welcome to the forum, Novyfriend, and thank you for the information you shared. I was the person who said he sounded like a pig (I have a mental image of Sir Les Patterson when I read about him.. ) and this opinion just gets stronger every time he opens his mouth.

I would not blame Novy (or any woman with a set of working lungs) for getting sick of him and leaving - and from what I can tell, she has done so in the past a few times. The police seem to think she has met with foul play..
I have to wonder if her killer is banking on these previous absences from the home to make a case for her being simply "missing". Her pig of a husband sure is pointing hard and often in that direction.

Which makes me afraid that the killer is quite sure no-one's going to find her body. :(

Hi Ausgirl, and thanks for the welcome. Anything I say here is purely my opinion, and not based on anything concrete I know...so....
1/ I think he knows something, but I doubt he "did" anything himself. Probably would have got someone else to do it.
2/ I wouldn't blame her for taking time out either - but she would never leave her kids for this long. She was a devoted mother. Even if she did get fed up and walk out, she would have been in contact by now. She also would have known he was about to leave the country, surely she would have made sure she was back home before he left - to take care of her kids.
3/ From what I have heard, they had "separated" some time ago - nearly a year, I think - so why wait until now to do something to her?
4/ If John is involved, why did he act right before he left the country? Surely he would see how guilty that makes him look?? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
5/ He once told me about how the police raided his place when he was living in America. I don't know if that was true (he also said it was during the middle of an orgy)...or why it happened...but maybe he has had some past shady dealings, and this is why OC was involved. Might also explain why his business was raided.
6/ I am hoping to God she has been kidnapped - either for blackmail or ransom, and that the people involved will release her. I wish we knew why the police are so certain that it is a probable murder case.

I also think it is going to be a very long time before this is solved. If she has been killed, I believe her body is going to be well hidden. It breaks my heart to think what her kids are going through.

Oh, one other thing...why is it that when people think they have sighted a missing person - they never approach them.
There could be dozens of women who look like Novy on the GC. It's just like all the sightings of Madeleine McCann all over the world. What if one of those sightings was really her - wouldn't you be kicking yourself for not having done anything to potentially save her??
JMO

Thanks again, Novyfriend. I had a feeling Novy would not be the type to just walk off on her children, especially when Chardon was planning an overseas flight. Novy vanished a few days after getting her ABN too, which she had eagerly anticipated, another thing that is worrying..As that is very out of character, I can see why the police might believe she did not leave voluntarily.

Good question - re why wait a year. Maybe there were custody/divorce settlement issues that arose in the meantime?

Another VERY good question - why would he do something right before leaving the country? It's a stretch -- but maybe the kidnappers came a couple days sooner they were supposed to..

If it's kidnappers, I would expect there'd be a letter or call by now. And why take the ex-wife, and not one or both of the children which would be the more obvious target for kidnappers looking to extort.

I think a scenario where Chardon might be uninvolved directly is exactly what's been said regarding some kind of hinky stuff involving organised crime. Novy's disappearance could be a warning, in that case.

I keep hoping she shows up, proving all my suspicions totally wrong, saying she just needed time away. It's on my 'least likely' scenarios list, but it's one worth hoping for.

It'd be great to hear comments from her family on what they think had happened. They must be frantic, and worried about the children too.

I hadn't caught up with this case until today but in a news release on google it says Superintendent Dave Hutchinson emphasised Mr Chardon was not a suspect in his wife’s disappearance and said the investigation was not being ramped up in any way. And on one of the facebook news sites someone was saying that there was a sighting of her somewhere on the 11th. I know i need the links i will go get them but if there was a sighting of her on the 11th her husband had already left by then to go overseas. I also seen in a police update that ladies were acting suspicious somewhere and i will find that link too

Looking forward to those links, angel1.

Isn't it odd that a grown woman, missing for a relatively short time, would have the Organised Crime Unit out looking for her, in any capacity?

I'm really curious about these suspicious "ladies"..

Whatever's happened, Novy's disappearance doesn't seem very straightforward at all.

Thanks again, Novyfriend. I had a feeling Novy would not be the type to just walk off on her children, especially when Chardon was planning an overseas flight. Novy vanished a few days after getting her ABN too, which she had eagerly anticipated, another thing that is worrying..As that is very out of character, I can see why the police might believe she did not leave voluntarily.

Good question - re why wait a year. Maybe there were custody/divorce settlement issues that arose in the meantime?

Another VERY good question - why would he do something right before leaving the country? It's a stretch -- but maybe the kidnappers came a couple days sooner they were supposed to..

If it's kidnappers, I would expect there'd be a letter or call by now. And why take the ex-wife, and not one or both of the children which would be the more obvious target for kidnappers looking to extort.

I think a scenario where Chardon might be uninvolved directly is exactly what's been said regarding some kind of hinky stuff involving organised crime. Novy's disappearance could be a warning, in that case.

I keep hoping she shows up, proving all my suspicions totally wrong, saying she just needed time away. It's on my 'least likely' scenarios list, but it's one worth hoping for.

It'd be great to hear comments from her family on what they think had happened. They must be frantic, and worried about the children too.

BBM - I would guess that settlement issues had got to a certain stage - he has been divorced before, and probably lost enough that time that he didn't want to do it again if it involved the business. JMO

Why would he do this just before leaving the country? Well by doing something outrageously suspicious he might have felt that it would go in his favour i.e. "He mustn't have done it because it would be too stupid to." Hence reduce suspicion. Also, he may have known it was reasonable to say this was typical of her behaviour due to her taking off for a few days in the past. Then when he goes overseas it doesn't seem too insensitive as it just might look like her usual irresponsible behaviour. So by the time she is officially reported missing he is overseas and does not have to face media and other questioning face to face. Much easier to lie over the phone. By the time he gets back he has his story straight and maybe the interest in the case has died down. I believe this would be a tactical move that he felt would benefit his story.

Why would he do this just before leaving the country? Well by doing something outrageously suspicious he might have felt that it would go in his favour i.e. "He mustn't have done it because it would be too stupid to." Hence reduce suspicion. Also, he may have known it was reasonable to say this was typical of her behaviour due to her taking off for a few days in the past. Then when he goes overseas it doesn't seem too insensitive as it just might look like her usual irresponsible behaviour. So by the time she is officially reported missing he is overseas and does not have to face media and other questioning face to face. Much easier to lie over the phone. By the time he gets back he has his story straight and maybe the interest in the case has died down. I believe this would be a tactical move that he felt would benefit his story.

If it was Mr C, it could just as easily have been spur of the moment anger causing death, rather than pre-meditated murder. Then he would have to deal with the consequences of his actions including continuing his planned business trip and having to take the children with him.

If it was Mr C, it could just as easily have been spur of the moment anger causing death, rather than pre-meditated murder. Then he would have to deal with the consequences of his actions including continuing his planned business trip and having to take the children with him.

I agree that this was a possible case of someone snapping. Kind of reminds me of Michelle Parker's case in here in the US, Florida. She goes missing the day a TV show airs which would be seen as obvious. I think abusive men can't always control their tempers. I hope Novy is found and justice happens in her case :please:!

Looking forward to those links, angel1.

Isn't it odd that a grown woman, missing for a relatively short time, would have the Organised Crime Unit out looking for her, in any capacity?

I'm really curious about these suspicious "ladies"..

Whatever's happened, Novy's disappearance doesn't seem very straightforward at all.
This could be the article which mentions people acting suspicious
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...om-business-trip/story-e6freoof-1226576570724

"Meanwhile, witness Karl Kristiansen said he saw a group of people acting suspiciously and clothes strewn around Mrs Chardon's late model Volvo wagon, which was found abandoned in Bowden Court, near Nerang railway station.

"It was about 10am on Sunday morning - there was a bit of activity going on," Mr Kristiansen said. "A balding, stocky bloke and a young woman were trying to jump-start a little white Corolla with a Falcon. They were looking across the road (at Mrs Chardon's car) and there was another older lady standing there, looking anxious.

"It looked suspicious, especially with all the clothes around the car. I just kept my eye on them."

Mr Kristiansen said police had knocked on his door on Sunday night and took his statement."
The above article was from 13 feb.

I am curious as to what 'complications' there are to her disappearance according to her husband? This case hits close to home for me as I am a local and live close by to where her car was sighted on Kopps Rd. I think police are going to have a tough time solving this case. Allison Baden Clay's case was so highly publicised around here, I think that anyone wanting to harm their partners would have a good idea of what not to do thanks to GBC.

WestOz & wantjustice - good call on the 'snapping' possibility. I too would like to know about those 'complications'...

moreinfo, cheers for the info! :D I am sooo tired atm, but tomorrow I'm going to think of possible scenarios for the clothes and suspicious persons.. I wonder if they were asian or not? Maybe Novy's hiding out, scared of something?? I sure hope so.. I mean, it's better than the alternatives.

ETA: I wonder how Novy's family are going, in seeking someone to go over there and get their "side" of the story, as they put it. I know some people in Indonesia and a few people in MSM - maybe I can help set something up if it's not in progress yet. I feel horrible for them.

In reading the first post on page 1, I find it curious that the Organised Crime Squad were involved in the beginning. Does anyone know why that would be? Also, are they still involved - can't see them mentioned in any reports lately. Why would they be involved at the very beginning? Business dealings/associates of Novy or Mr C? Anyone have any ideas on this?

I think the name of the squad is now the 'Major and Organised Crime Squad', and it covers other major crimes (murder) as well as organised crime.

The Major and Organised Crime Squad, based on the Gold Coast, is responsible for the investigation of major and organised crime, individuals and organisations.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/goldcoast/2012/12/20/major-win-for-major-and-organised-crime-squad/

Major crime includes:

Organised crime — criminal activity for profit, power or influence that involves:
offences punishable by not less than 7 years imprisonment
two or more people
substantial planning and organisation, or systematic and continuing activity.

Criminal paedophilia — criminal activity involving sexual offences against children by adults, including the production and distribution of child *advertiser censored*.

Serious crime — crimes that carry a penalty of imprisonment of 14 years or more — for example murder, arson, extortion and terrorism.

Last updated: 24 January 2013

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/topics/crime-and-law-enforcement/major-crime/what-is-major-crime

Some point that have been going thru my head to suggest that she isnt taking time out.
from memory the female friend that reported her missing said they were daily contact.No contact made to this day.

if she did want time out, and was a dedicated mother, she would have not chosen this period to leave knowing there would be no one to care for her children while her husband would be away on his trip. Plus given the ages of the kids I'm sure she ould have said something along the lines of " i love you , mummy will be away for a while, daddy will be here for you and will take you to school." etc, etc.

I wonder if the kids have been interviewed by now. Or whether they spoke to police while overseas. Simple questions like when was the last time they saw there mum. This would help pin down what day she went missing rather than guessing a time frame.

And yes the clothes baffle me. Were they her clothes. Could this be a set up to suggest she was intending to be away for a while. What were they doing out of the car. Was the car broken into. Also nothing has been mentioned about whether her personal bag/mobile have been found. Surely this would give some insight.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/02/21/update-4-missing-woman-upper-coomera/

Update 4: missing woman, Upper Coomera
February 21, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Coomera detectives investigating the disappearance of Upper Coomera woman Novy Chardon are hoping someone may have seen her car (pictured) in Kopps Road, Oxenford before it was discovered in Nerang.

The dark coloured Volvo XC90 4WD wagon with Queensland registration 860LTZ was located parked in Bowden Court, Nerang on February 11.

Police are urging anyone who may have seen the vehicle or anyone associated with the vehicle, on Kopps Road (which runs behind Movieworld and is semi-rural), between 11pm Wednesday February 6 and 6pm Monday February 11 to contact Crime Stoppers.

The car shifting from one place to another, in my opinion, indicates 'damage control' rather than a pre-meditated scenario.

Just saw on channel 9 morning news that husband is to meet with police today for his first formal interview since Novy's disappearance.

Hope his lawyers were able to prepare him! ..... "Now John, better if you say nothing much, just answer the questions, don't elaborate ..... and try not to swear at them"

His lawyers are preparing him for an interview with Gold Coast investigators next week, the ABC says.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...t-know-where-the-f-she-is-20130224-2ezdl.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$