trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the length of Samuels' testimony thus far, anyone expecting it to take three days to get the juror questions done?

Someone on the last thread asked if JA was tested for malingering. I'm kind of dumb.... What is that?

pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness ....... malingering is fabricating or exaggerating the symptoms of mental or physical disorders for a variety of "secondary gain" motives, which may include financial compensation (often tied to fraud); avoiding school, work or military service; obtaining drugs; getting lighter criminal sentences; or simply to attract attention or sympathy

Yes TotallyObsessed, 10:30 a.m.

I'm looking forward to seeing the juror' questions.

:)
fran

Me too! Juan and Juror Questions make my day. If I know Nurmi or JW will be up, I go do something else. I've lost complete interest in anything they have to say.

MOO

Mel

Anticipating juror questions....

Is 'alternate reality' medical-speak for say whatever you can to 'cover your as*'

lying, trying to make things look worse than they really are, trying to convince someone that her symptoms are much more prominent than they really are . . .

people use to call this hypochondriac

Okay, I think I get it. So basically, her lying, making it look like she has PTSD to get out of her responsibility for murdering Travis. Is that right?

Someone on the last thread asked if JA was tested for malingering. I'm kind of dumb.... What is that?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malingering"]Malingering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Considering the length of Samuels' testimony thus far, anyone expecting it to take three days to get the juror questions done?

I HOPE the judge would not allow him to go on and on.....:what:

hey, a girl can hope can't she???

Yes, and I nominate YOU :great:

Roflmao!

You must have me confused with someone else! I'm the chick that's too lazy to provide links!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anticipating juror questions....

Is 'alternate reality' medical-speak for say whatever you can to 'cover your as*'

I've been thinking about this bit of Samuels' testimony. Although he does not really come out and say it clearly, it seems that what he's getting at is that Jodi created the Ninja story because she was in such denial and could not allow herself to accept that she had so brutally butchered Travis -- as if Jodi really believed the Ninja story that she created.

IMO it's incredibly easy to manipulate others. All you have to do is identify what motivates them and hone in on their weaknesses. I don't even find it remotely difficult. When i was much younger i did it just because I could, and I feel pretty bad about that. I now chose not to on a regular basis. I admit that I have more than I should. I do my best to only do it when it will benefit the other person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, how does manipulation ever help the other person?

And what does it say about someone who CHOOSES to continue manipulate on a regular basis (JA), and whose sole purpose in relationships/friendships is for what they can get out of it? What does it mean when someone even manipulates their diary entries to make themselves look as good as possible?
Sociopathy - that's what. And it's way more common than people realize. Scary when you think about it.

Travis' former roommate told Jodi that Travis was dating, and Jodi said OK, and the roommate said he's REALLY trying to date, and Jodi said OK, and the roommate said Travis is desperate to get married .... so Jodi called him that night and "confronted" him and it led to a big fight and there were other things thrown in the mix

Wonder why this roommate! Say anything to her? Was he too under her spell. I mean surely he knew Travis was trying to distance himself from her?

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

I just got into the courtroom at #JodiArias trial. Just Stephens is hearing another case at the moment. No one else is here yet

I HOPE the judge would not allow him to go on and on.....:what:

hey, a girl can hope can't she???

Hope springs eternal, but maintain a level of rationality. The judge has failed to reign in anybody so far, so I doubt she'll start today. But you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675