GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

This could only be a coincidental story with no connection toi Aundria's disappearance, but it might be of interest if not an actual link to her case. There is a thread on the subject in the Cold Case section of Websleuths, and Aundria is mentioned there. Note that this alleged missing girl's name is Michelle or Shelly

-------------------------------------------------------------------
MI - Missing/Murdered in Shiawassee County, 1988 - Shelly or Michelle?

Shelly or Michelle......(Last Name not known)
Classification: Missing (alegedly murdered) Shiawassee County, Michigan 1988

Vital Statistics
Description: White Female
Birthdate: About 1970 or 71
Height: About 5 foot 6 inches
Weight: About 140 Pounds
Hair: Sandy Brown, shoulder length
Eyes: Wore glasses.
Note: All of above is just an estimate or guess by a Michigan convict describing an incident some 16 years after the fact.

The Shiawassee County (Michigan) Sheriff's Department and the FBI searched property on Middleton Road near Hickory St. on Thursday June 10, 2004 for the body of a woman killed in 1988.

According to a statement released by the sheriff's department, investigators got the information from a convicted murderer but had not found the body as of Thursday.Investigators said they are not releasing the name of the suspect in this case, even though he already has been convicted in one homicide, in order to protect his family from embarrassment and keep his cooperation.

They are looking for a white woman about 17 or 18 years old who was 5-foot-6-inches tall and weighed 140 pounds. Sheriff Jon Wilson said her name may have been Shelly or Michelle. She had shoulder-length sandy brown hair and wore large pink frame glasses, according to the statement from the inmate.

She was described as having frequented the TapRoom Bar (old Owosso Hotel) in Owosso and spent time at Henderson Park. She may have been employed for a time by a business in the "Dutchtown" area of Owosso, in the neighborhood of Chipman and Stewart streets. The victim was said to have spent time with people who drove muscle cars or "high rise" four-wheel drive pickups.

Anyone who has information about this case is asked to call Detective Sgt. David Kirk at (989) 743-2202, ext. 2224.

LINKS:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...Ul239Re_zaKhuQ

MI MI - Missing/Murdered in Shiawassee County, 1988 - Shelly or Michelle? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This could only be a coincidental story with no connection toi Aundria's disappearance, but it might be of interest if not an actual link to her case. There is a thread on the subject in the Cold Case section of Websleuths, and Aundria is mentioned there. Note that this alleged missing girl's name is Michelle or Shelly
LINKS:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...Ul239Re_zaKhuQ

MI MI - Missing/Murdered in Shiawassee County, 1988 - Shelly or Michelle? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Richard; your link is invalid

Aundria Michelle Bowman
Missing since March 11, 1989 from Holland, Ottawa County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

I want to note that although she is missing from Holland; she lived in Hamilton.
Going to try to find a classmate that remembers her.

Does anyone know anything about adoption law from 1974/1975?

This one hits very close to home. I knew this girl from school. She was an outcast and the target of bullying. We were just starting to become friends when she up and vanished. Rumors around the school were that she was seen at the local truck stop getting in a semi. I myself would love for this case to be solved. Deep down inside though I feel it never will. :cry:

What in your opinion made her an outcast & the target of bullying?
People get bullied for various reasons; short; tall; skinny; heavy; pretty or homely. I was also bullied; but it was group bullying.

She had a run in with a girl in school just before she disappeared and girl stomped on her foot so badly it was bleeding and very very swollen. I am convinced it was fractured if not broken. It was right after that when she vanished so I don't know how bad her foot was. If it was in fact fractured, would it show on an autopsy??

What else can you tell us about her? Did she have any friends that you remember?
Was she in 9th grade when she went missing?

I submitted a possible match to the Doe Network a few days ago. I received a reply that the possible match was already submitted by someone else. I was looking at this Unidentified Person:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1489

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/121ufnj.html

It is good to know other people are looking for her.

When I submitted this match a few months ago, it was because I was looking at the Unidentified decedent in Gloucester NJ and did a NAMUS comparison with missing persons. I believed that Aundria was a viable match so I submitted it to the Doe Network. It had already been submitted by someone else.

Aundria was ruled out as of a couple of weeks ago. She still hasn't been added to the exclusion list, it would be nice if the authorities did so.

So I decided to do something different, instead of looking at UIDs and comparing them to missing persons, I decided in Aundria's case to look at the missing person and search for UIDs found after she went missing.

I compared sex, race, approximate age, height give or take 2 inches of Aundria Bowman to any UID found after she went missing. I looked at all matches and could see no real viable match. In fact the only match that might be remotely close to Aundria was this one of a UID found in Marion Ohio in 2007:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4725

http://doenetwork.org/cases/672ufoh.html

However estimated post mortem goes back to 2002 12 years after Aundria went missing, I do not believe this is to be a match.

There are 3 possibilities in Aundria's case.

1) She went missing (met with foul play) and has not been found.

2) She went missing (met with foul play) was found, has not been entered into NAMUS or if she was entered into NAMUS it was entered incorrectly, a case of wrong data going in producing wrong data coming out. In the database world this is called "garbage in garbage out".

3)She could be alive. This is a very minuscule possibility. Just google Aundria Michelle Bowman (just like we google our own names). Results on the first page indicate that she is missing. If she were alive and happened to google her name what would she find? She would find out she is listed as missing and her birth mother is looking for her and a primary person searching for her. There is even a facebook page of her. I think she would have responded a long time ago if she were alive.

The best thing to do is keep looking, make people aware of Aundria.

Someone, somewhere knows something.

I didn't think much of that NCMEC Age progression. So I did my own. This is what I think Aundria would look like at 40 (with four different hairstyles).

b3620e72-620a-465f-a423-7b35c9f3a84c.jpg
2eb2789b-f8d7-4d24-83bb-45e8be67f547.jpg

cbe0e4f6-4ab0-4f87-8ef8-3666a4570aee.jpg
ba249ac4-b3c3-48cb-a9da-5f0c1857f0c0.jpg

I didn't think much of that NCMEC Age progression. So I did my own. This is what I think Aundria would look like at 40.

b3620e72-620a-465f-a423-7b35c9f3a84c.jpg
2eb2789b-f8d7-4d24-83bb-45e8be67f547.jpg

cbe0e4f6-4ab0-4f87-8ef8-3666a4570aee.jpg
ba249ac4-b3c3-48cb-a9da-5f0c1857f0c0.jpg
Unlike the other age progressions I have seen of Aundria M Bowman this one fits right into my vision of what Aundria would look like now. A mother should know. :saythat:

Aundria Bowmans's DNA Status is listed as 'Sample submitted - Tests complete'

Was her sample submitted only by her biological mother or both her biological mother and biological father?

(Is it nucDNA or mtDNA)?

Aundria Bowmans's DNA Status is listed as 'Sample submitted - Tests complete'

Was her sample submitted only by her biological mother or both her biological mother and biological father?

(Is it nucDNA or mtDNA)?

It is from the mother; mitochondria DNA.
The detective said that the DNA needed to ID her (assuming she's a UP) would not come from the father.

Find Aundria M Bowman FB

Aundria Bowman ruled out 4/6/2013

ME/C Case Number: LSU 94-38 Tallulah, Louisiana Madison County - 19 to 23 year old White Female - Date found December 26, 1994 Located off an exit road, near Tallulah, LA in Madison Parish. Wearing Dallas Cowboys shirt with "Team NFL" logo on shirt pocket, size not stated; black or blue bra, size 38; pair of black or blue thick-weaved socks. Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton. Dentals available- Amalgam fillings noted on occlusal surfaces of teeth #2,14,18,19,30 and 31. Amalgam fillings noted on the buccal surfaces of teeth #18,30 and 31.

NamUs UP #889

Doe Network Case File 163UFLA

LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People Case #94-38

Date found: 1994-12-26
PMI: 2 months to 6 months
Est. age at death: 19 to 23
Sex: Female
Race: white
Height: 64 to 66 inches
Dental Records: Available
DNA Records: Available
FACES Case #: 94-38

Identifying features

previous foot and lower back injuries; wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt with 'Team NFL' logo on shirt pocket; black/blue bra; pair of black/blue thick-weaved socks
Contact us

If you have any information concerning this case please contact the FACES Lab.
Helen Bouzon, Research Associate, LSU - (225) 578-4761
Nicole Harris, Research Associate, LSU - (225) 578-3750

Carl; do you know if her DNA is in CODIS? Not sure who is holding the DNA; her NamUs profile says Sample submitted - Tests complete

This is the first I've heard of Aundria's case. Hits home for me, because I grew up in Michigan and was born in the same year. I probably ended up in college with some of her former classmates.

It makes me sad that she has been missing for so long, yet it doesn't appear that her case gets very much local publicity.

Thank you to Aundria's birth mother for continuing to push for information.

Does anyone know if she would have had connections to other cities/states? Perhaps if she was running away from the adoptive family, she might have had a destination in mind? A friend or family member she could have been seeking out?

This case is just heartbreaking. It's hard for me to say what happened to Alexis, but I would say it would seem her birth mother would know best, she seems to have more information on this case than anyone else. I think this case needs more attention, I am fairly active in missing person cases and I had only recently heard of her. Maybe with attention we can find someone who knew her that might have information?

Would be nice if we could get answers to questions about her childhood & school but apparently we lost Varye who was the only link we had to someone that actually "knew" her :(

The (adopted) mother does not want to appear on camera?

If any one should make a plea for Aundria it should be her (adopted) parents, especially in light of what is going on in Cleveland the past few days.

Yeah, I found that a little strange.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb