GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Listening to the last portion of that report...it doesn't make any sense Aundria's adoptive mother is too "devastated" to search for her adopted daughter? what is the meaning of devastation to a person who is missing a child thought to be endangered?

"Aundria struggled with being adopted" Is that a reason to run away? Disappear? I wonder if the adoptive parents located Aundria's real mother to obtain that DNA? Would Aundria's real mother say she was too "devastated" to search for her daughter? IMO; any mother would be "devastated" if she couldn't get media attention for her missing child. Did the media talk to Aundria's adoptive father? Is he too "devastated" too? :stormingmad::stormingmad:

The writer of the blog post Missing: Aundria Bowman from Holland Michigan since March 11, 1989 went to FB & found Find Aundria Bowman; spoke to Alexis's mom; used the page's photos with the better picture & Carl's age progression; also got her story -

Aundria Bowman was born June 23, 1974 at Charity Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. At birth her name was Alexis Badger. When Alexis was 4 months old her mother found herself divorced and homeless. Alexis's mother was assured that she would have a better life in a two parent home, where she would be provided the things her mother could not provide. So, Alexis was adopted through Catholic Charities in Virginia in 1975 and her name was changed to Aundria Bowman.

Years pass and Aundria's birth mother started searching for the daughter that she never stopped loving. She joined adoption reunion sites, hoping to reconnect with her daughter, yet never received any replies. Until the day that she received a request for DNA to compare to Unidentified Bodies (Jane Does).

The (adopted) mother does not want to appear on camera?

If any one should make a plea for Aundria it should be her (adopted) parents, especially in light of what is going on in Cleveland the past few days.

We all know shocked is probably a better word to describe them. Shocked that it made the news. Um; adoptive parents; can you provide other photos?

We all know what mother has been here; searching for Alexis.

"Aundria struggled with being adopted" Is that a reason to run away? Disappear? I wonder if the adoptive parents located Aundria's real mother to obtain that DNA? Would Aundria's real mother say she was too "devastated" to search for her daughter? IMO; any mother would be "devastated" if she couldn't get media attention for her missing child. Did the media talk to Aundria's adoptive father? Is he too "devastated" too? :stormingmad::stormingmad:

Adopted kids struggle at her age. How could she NOT struggle when they had a natural child a year before? Apparently she knew she was named Alexis & preferred to use it. The adoptive parents should have gotten her help. I do NOT understand why she was fearful of going to foster care; why was foster care even mentioned? They adopted her; you can't just give a child back.

This comment was posted on Facebook by Aundria's biological mother, and I decided to re-post it here.

Every Mother's Worst Nightmare!

How I found out my daughter Aundria "Alexis" Bowman was missing

Born on June 23, 1974 as Alexis Badger; 7lbs at Charity Hospital New Orleans; LA. She was very much wanted and very much LOVED. I was married for a few years before I had her. When she was 5 months old; I found myself single and homeless. I traveled back to my mothers house with Alexis. I had planned to spend the holidays there. When Alexis and I arrived; I found out that my mother had cancer and her prognosis was poor. My world fell apart within days. There was no way Alexis and I could stay at my mothers; she was barely putting food on the table for my 5 siblings that were under 17.

At some point; adoption was mentioned by my mother. I was in no shape to even process what was happening due to my marriage ending the way it did then finding my mother at death's door. I was promised she would have a better life in a 2 parent household with parents that could provide what they said I could not. They all told me I would fail before I even tried. Back then, we didn't have public assistance like there is now. My ex barely worked; the support usually fell on me. I knew nothing about child support and if I would be able to get it; how do you get it from someone who doesn't work?

She was adopted from Catholic Charities in Virginia in 1975 during the lowest point of my life. I went through my adult life feeling like a piece of me had been ripped out. It has taken me years to process the events that happened back then. You never forget the child you didn't raise; especially since adoption was NEVER an option for me. Her birthday and holiday's like Mother's Day were especially painful; I don't know how I survived with a huge piece of me missing. I hoped to one day find her but there were no replies on any of my entries on adoption reunion sites. I never expected what happened next.

On April 1, 2010 Virginia Human Services (not the actual adoption agency) sent me this letter

" Dear Ms. _____, I am writing this letter to get in touch with you regarding a very important matter. I tried to reach you at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX. or Name@norfolk.gov I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Name MSW Supervisor, Norfolk Dept Human Services.

I was over joyed... For a few minutes, I remember feeling very aware of everything... I remember the colors of the room and my reflection in the mirror as I went from happy to shock I guess. I went numb. Totally numb. I had just gotten back from the gym and I was feeling so great. I had moved from Gloucester Mass to get away from the cold because I was in a car accident that caused me so much injury to my back and neck... So I was finally almost "OK" for the first time in my life and then the letter came. It took me awhile to accept that anything like this could happen to anyone much less to my little baby girl. I think once I got over the numb it was immediate anger.

I called the number given in the letter and was told by the Director of the above agency that an officer had come with the news of Alexis vanishing and the details surrounding it. Virginia law would not allow him to get in touch with me. She would have to do it. The law restricted her from telling me who the detective was and what my daughters adopted name was.

How do I describe any feelings that I had? How does one process information like this? Horrified. Devastated. It felt like someone stabbed me in my heart; then ripped it out. Repeat for what has now been 3 very long and extremely painful years. NIGHTMARE. I've been in a 3 year long NIGHTMARE that I can't wake up from.

I was in such a state of shock and panic that I could not do anything. My husband put it upon himself to find the information we needed. He found her missing person information listed on the Allegan Co. web site. I called the detective from Holland PD; he wouldn't really tell me anything except that they needed my DNA and that the investigation stalled due to lack of money. I was horrified that they needed my DNA in case they found her BONES!! The detective didn't say bones but he implied it!

My DNA was collected in Gloucester, Mass on July 4, 2010. They mailed it to the University of Texas to be processed. In August 2010 while using Google to see what I could find, I ran into a YouTube video of Aundria's photo superimposed with a Racine Wisconsin Jane Doe's morgue photo. I saw a very strong resemblance and I called Michigan, trying to get them compared. To say I was freaking out is an understatement!

Not knowing what to do next, I made a Classmates.com profile for Aundria hoping to get in touch with someone who knew her. I ended up meeting Carl, the man that made the video of Aundria and Racine Doe. He told me Racine Doe's story via email; how she had been brutally tortured before dying from her injuries. He put me in touch with the detective in charge of her case. It seemed like everything took forever & I was getting nowhere!

How do I come to terms with this? Where is the self help book on this one? Who can I share this story with in hopes to ease my pain? How could I want for company?! It would mean wishing this on another human being. I could NOT do that. Ever.

May 11, 2011 I drove to Michigan for the March For The Missing. I met a lady from the NCMEC that took care of Racine Jane Doe being compared to Aundria but since Aundria resembles Racine Doe so much; it has not eased my mind. To this day; it haunts me so much that I am NOT 100% sure she is NOT Aundria. Aundria is NOT officially listed as a rule out on Racine Jane Doe's NamUs profile; which is a constant reminder that their DNA is NOT in the system. So I am left wondering if everyone did what they told me they did. All one has to do is google and you will see what I mean!

I then move on to other Jane Doe's; one in California who told people her name was Andrea, she was adopted and in California looking for her biological mother. I call to get them compared, from what I know, it has been done by finger prints that supposedly came off of a flute that Aundria played. I managed to find one person that went to school with her who told me Aundria did not play the flute. Thankfully I've seen the morgue photo and know she is not my daughter. She belongs to another mother who has no clue where their child is.

She was compared to a Jane Doe in Deptford NJ. I do not remember how she was ruled out but she is not my daughter either. She was recently compared to a Jane Doe in Louisiana but after a comparison, Aundria is now on her NamUs rule out list. One of the hardest parts of not knowing my daughter after she was 6 months old is that I have no idea how green her eyes were and if they were totally green or if they were more hazel.

I made this page December 20, 2012. It took forever to get people to like the page. I forgot to mention that I'm learning computer skills. Navigating the internet, trying to find any tiny bit of information that I can find on her. Where has my daughter gone and why does anyone not know her?

So I now spend my time searching. Looking for every clue I can find. Trying to find a paper trail that doesn't exist. Sharing Find Aundria M Bowman; hoping that someone, somewhere recognizes her from the age progression with the sliver of hope that she managed to stay under the radar. Until then, my DNA has been entered, I pray there will not be a match.

My search for my now DISAPPEARED daughter continues only now there is urgency of the worse kind and there are questions that I never imagined I have to ask. In my original search for her I saw the adoptive parents as the loving caring parents that Catholic Charities has promised my daughter. Now I have to rethink everything.... My questions have turned to WHO are these ADOPTIVE PARENTS who were suppose to be so much better than me, WHERE DID SHE GO and WHY DIDN'T THEY LOOK FOR HER?! WHY DIDN'T THEY LOOK FOR ME?! Why won't anyone HELP me by giving me the info I need to find my daughter????? How can I find her with the limited information I've managed to find?

This is every mother's worst nightmare!

Find Aundria M Bowman
https://www.facebook.com/notes/find-aundria-m-bowman/find-aundria-m-bowman/341650469294321

Thanks Carl. I wasn't sure about bringing it here & wasn't sure about adding the link to your youtube video. I saw it was not public.

Thanks Carl. I wasn't sure about bringing it here & wasn't sure about adding the link to your youtube video. I saw it was not public.

The YouTube video is on the Racine Jane Doe thread, but since it contains a postmortem photo, it's probably better not to put it out there in too many places.

If you're on Facebook; can you please give her page a like? The page has almost 400 likes! June 23rd will be her 39th birthday. Let's make it the last that mom doesn't have answers! Find Aundria Bowman

Also see the bottom of this post for the 4 newest age progressions. I'll let Carl upload

Aundria Bowman is an alum of Hamilton HS Class of 92 and has been missing since 1989. She was born Alexis Miranda Badger in New Orleans, and was adopted by the Bowman family when she was a baby.

In 2010, Her biological mother, Cathy Terkanian, received word that her daughter had disappeared 21 years prior at the age of 14, and hasn't been seen since. For the past three years, Cathy has made it her mission to find out what happened to her daughter.

If anyone here knew Aundria, or knew anything about what was going on in her life around the time of her disappearance, please drop a private message to the Find Aundria M. Bowman facebook page (link below) We would greatly appreciate any information, however insignificant it might seem, that any of you can provide.

Original post by Aundria on Hamilton High School

4 newest age progressions.

Aundria Bowman age 14 missing since March 11, 1989 Michigan Updated age progression by Carl

936061_354438301348871_542794174_n.jpg

Carl- We were told by a person who knew her prior to her disappearance that she liked to wear feathered earrings. So I included those in the age progression.

Newest Progression By Carl. Excited to post this one as I think this one may be very accurate.

1005040_356441391148562_935544785_n.jpg

Carl- I purposely stayed light on the makeup on my previous versions, but I decided to put a little eye liner and lipstick on her, and thin out her eyebrows and brighten her eyes. I also changed the color of her shirt

Aged to 30 years dark brown hair

Aged to 30 years black hair

Collage made by a friend. It's the only "photo" mom Cathy has holding baby Alexis Miranda & the only 2 photos Cathy has of Aundria "Alexis" Bowman

attachment.php

Attachments

• 946256_354017364724298_1034384548_n.jpg
    946256_354017364724298_1034384548_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 496
Wanted to add this here.

Dental records were lost due to being damaged by water.
DNA - profile is in CODIS

Circumstances of Disappearance - confirmed Aundria ran away from home March 11, 1989. According to the detective; she was never in a youth home.

Good question Carl.It had to have come from somewhere.
Hopefully someone clears it up.

Did you ask Charley Project to upload your new progression?

NamUs profile updated- contact info changed
This is the new information-

If you have any information concerning Aundria Bowman's whereabouts, please contact:
Allegan County Sheriff's Dept.
Allegan County Michigan 49010
Captain Mike Larsen
269-673-0500
Email: sheriff@allegancounty.org
Case number 3128-89

NamUs Case # 1830 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/1830

The following fields have been changed:
Law Enforcement Information - Last name has been changed from "Ernstes" to "Larsen"

Law Enforcement Information - Title has been changed from "D/Trooper" to "Captain"

Law Enforcement Information - Phone has been changed from "269-673-0500 ext. 4263" to "269-673-0500"

Law Enforcement Information - First name has been changed from "Scott" to "Mike"

Law Enforcement Information - Jurisdiction has been changed from "State" to "County"

Law Enforcement Information - Agency has been changed from "Michigan State Police" to "Allegan County Sheriff's Dept."

Tomorrow is Aundria's 39th birthday. It's been 3 long years since her mom Cathy has known about her being missing. I hope others will join me tomorrow in lighting candles; saying a prayer that this is Aundria /Alexis's last birthday that Cathy spends with no answers. Hoping for a miracle that answers will be found.

Find Aundria Bowman Facebook Page

1000186_362436083882426_1324744394_n.jpg

:gthanks::gthanks:Thank you all so much! I'm so touched by all of the ppl who have helped me celebrate my daughter Alexis Miranda's 39th birthday. (Aundria M Bowman her adopted name) Several of Alexis school friends have posted on her facebook pg. interesting and enlightening information about what they remember about Alexis last days before she vanished. Also, Charley Project changed their narrative to include my opinion on what happened to my vanished daughter. Thank you Charley Project for beginning fair and balanced.:gthanks::gthanks:

Interesting. I wonder where the story about the youth home came from then. It is stated in her Doe Network and Charley Project pages that she ran away from a youth home.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowman_aundria.html
The lead detective of her cold case told me that Alexis (Aundria M Bowman adopted name) was in a youth center after accusing her adoptive father of assault. That is straight from the man's mouth and I will swear to it.

Has anyone ever compared her to the Unidentified female found in Seattle? She has been talked about on websleuths and has her own thread but I can not locate it at this time. Does anyone know the particular case I am referring to? I think she may have been hit by a car and was never identified.

Has anyone ever compared her to the Unidentified female found in Seattle? She has been talked about on websleuths and has her own thread but I can not locate it at this time. Does anyone know the particular case I am referring to? I think she may have been hit by a car and was never identified.

If you're talking about CA "Andrea" Doe who a guy named Montana Man thinks it's his friend Andrea from Seattle; yes; she's been compared via finger prints from a flute Aundria played (her school friends remember her being in band) as well as Aundria's biomom Cathy (Aundria62374) has seen her post mortem photo; knows she is not her daughter.

:gthanks::gthanks:Thank you all so much! I'm so touched by all of the ppl who have helped me celebrate my daughter Alexis Miranda's 39th birthday. (Aundria M Bowman her adopted name) Several of Alexis school friends have posted on her facebook pg. interesting and enlightening information about what they remember about Alexis last days before she vanished.

I know "this" birthday has been especially hard for you; especially with connecting with so many people that knew her before she went missing. You've had a very busy 4 or so weeks since the article Renewed hope for missing persons cold cases came out. You have had more happen in the last few months then you had in the 3 years since you found out she was missing. ~Hugs

The lead detective of her cold case told me that Alexis (Aundria M Bowman adopted name) was in a youth center after accusing her adoptive father of assault. That is straight from the man's mouth and I will swear to it.

You don't have to swear; I know it had to have come from somewhere.
My opinion is her file probably got damaged while in storage with her dental info. :(

Just a little info that all of you might find interesting. At the Find Aundria M Bowman Facebook page, we've heard from a few people who knew Aundria prior to her disappearance.

One person indicated that on the night Aundria disappeared, she had been invited to go bowling with a group of high school friends. She didn't show up.

There had been a rumor that she was seen at a local truck stop catching a ride with a trucker. Her friend went to the truck stop the following day and asked everyone there if they had seen Aundria the previous night. Nobody from the truck stop had seen her there.

Given that she had not been missing more than 24 hours, and her friends were already out chasing down rumors, it is clear that they very quickly knew something was seriously wrong. This friend of hers doesn't buy the theory that she ran away because if she would have gone anywhere that night it would have been to the bowling alley to hang out with her friends. Or if not, she would have said something to at least one of her close friends.

BTW, one of Aundria's best friends (Beth B.) passed away from ovarian cancer in August 2000, at the age of 26. Consequently, much of the kind of information shared among close friends might be lost forever.

The truck stop location of the possible sighting of AMB was the Tulip City Truck Stop on Lincoln Road in Holland.

One of the people who messaged the Find Aundria M Bowman Facebook page said that at the time of the disappearance, the Bowmans lived on the North corner of 52nd street and Lincoln Road. That residence is no longer there. But the residence was about a half-mile right down the road from the Tulip City Truck Stop.

It seems to me that to someone who didn't know where AMB lived, it might seem strange to see her in a truck stop. However, if that truck stop is only a short walk up the road from her home, it might not be such a big deal. From what I understand, there is a mini-market at the truck stop. March 11, 1989 was a Saturday, and she might have just walked over there to get a soda or a candy bar during the hours before her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back