Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that both Troy AND Ryan asked her why she didn't say sorry for killing Travis .. that had to give her food for thought .. she thought she had, but the world said WTF :floorlaugh:

She never thought she had apologized.

Juan had it right.

It's not her fault. Someone... anyone... everyone else is responsible.

We're the ones who didn't hear her apologize.

See, that means it's our fault.

She has lived her entire life this way. When someone challenges her she says they're crazy, calls them weird, dumb, stupid, etc. for not remembering things the way she claims they happened.

Her own mother believes that the murderess was/is a genius and couldn't be challenged on anything. Example she gave Det. Flores: How could someone butcher-slaughter a man and then come home and behave normally like nothing happened? [Ergo, she obviously couldn't have done it.]

The murderess lies as though she believes it. So that when you don't, it's your fault, not hers.

It worked with the prior boyfriends for a few months. The sex helps.

It worked with Darry Brewer for four years, until the sex went away and so did she.

It worked with Travis off and on for a year and a half.

But when the sex wouldn't 'turn' Travis to her permanently she had to make sure that he went away permanently.

:twocents:

IF JA does NOT get the Death Penalty it will be a "win-win" for her and her DT ... and the thought of that is absolutely sickening !

The Alexander Family wants the Death Penalty, and Mr. Martinez asked for the jury to come back with a Verdict of DP !

All 12 jurors voted 1st Degree PRE-MEDITATED Murder and all 12 jurors voted that the murder was EXTREME CRUELTY ... so what is so hard about coming back with the DP because the Sentencing should be equivalent to the CRIME !

Aslo, there were NO mitigating factors and NOT ONE PERSON -- NOBODY -- spoke on behalf of Travis' murderer ... and that right there speaks volumes, IMO !

The only person to speak on behalf of the convicted murderer was herself -- who has already lied to the jury -- AND -- the jury knows it !

Geez ... this is just a "no brainer" IMO ...

:please::please::please: for Travis and his Family !

hln: "we've got a hold of another interview,take a look at this!" *sigh* I can't take more of her talking, talking,talking. Taking a break. I'm loving the posts here though :)

Does anyone else see the IRONY in this?

CMCHJA denied HLN request for interview because she's so smart.. But now they've gotten their hands on ALMOST ALL the interviews she did & playing them :floorlaugh:

Guess'n it's more tape time than the 90 mins they could've been granted minus her camera off stand infront of lens primp time from the original time alotted.

Seriously that's classic! :floorlaugh:

So my original verdict call was Tuesday 5/28....i thought about changing it to 330 tomorrow (Thursday)--but I think I will stick with Tuesday. No way it will be today.

(Maybe my reverse psychology will work)

I feel for this jury, & I won't second guess their decision- they're the ones who have been there for the past 5.5 months, have listened to the testimony, & now are forced to make a decision about a defendant who is not like 99% of the population. As much as you'd like to apply common sense to this case, JA is not normal & an outlier (thank goodness)-evil, unrepentant, & a shape-shifter (not very good, though).

The only thing she can't kill is people's memories of Travis-it probably curdles her insides. Everyone that knew him, & those of us who learned about his life, sadly, after his murder will know the truth, & they can contrast that w/ JA's presence on this earth...she just doesn't matter anymore...

how Jodi threatened to drag Travis's name through the mud unless she got a deal with a light sentence. I think that pretty much illustrates what this "person" is. I just feel beyond sad for that poor family. I feel bad for the jury too. But if they thought they couldn't do the job there were ways out. We can't have them slacking off now.

This just made me think, I am sure others have already posted similar thoughts. But I do think this jury will sentence her to the DP, and when they are released from duty and start to read some of the stuff she has said and done, they will feel no second thoughts. It will help ease any doubts they may come out of the process with.

Capital punishment has been used in the U.S. state of Texas and its predecessor governments since 1819. As of 15 May 2013, 1,249 people (all but six of whom have been male) have been executed.[1] Only Virginia has executed more individuals overall.

Only 6 women. Women don't seem to get send to deathrow often in the United States...

IF JA does NOT get the Death Penalty it will be a "win-win" for her and her DT ... and the thought of that is absolutely sickening !

The Alexander Family wants the Death Penalty, and Mr. Martinez asked for the jury to come back with a Verdict of DP !

All 12 jurors voted 1st Degree PRE-MEDITATED Murder and all 12 jurors voted that the murder was EXTREME CRUELTY ... so what is so hard about coming back with the DP because the Sentencing should be equivalent to the CRIME !

Aslo, there were NO mitigating factors and NOT ONE PERSON -- NOBODY -- spoke on behalf of Travis' murderer ... and that right there speaks volumes, IMO !

The only person to speak on behalf of the convicted murderer was herself -- who has already lied to the jury -- AND -- the jury knows it !

Yup. Like I said I thought it was slam dunk.

I'm going to be away from a tv and the computer for the next several days. Is there a text alert available so I can watch on my phone if there's a verdict this week? Thanks!

(If not, would someone be will to text me? Pretty please? :) )
I can, pvt me if u want text :)

Just need to say ...just because one doesn't get the verdict or sentence that one wants does not mean our system of justice is broken. It just shows that different people see things in a different way. We are guaranteed a trial by a jury of our peers. If this criminal is sentenced to life in prison then we will all just have to accept that. :moo:

EXACTLY how I feel. She never really was a good person and never made contributions to society. I just don't get it. I have never been on an jury so I cannot relate to the jurors. Even if she gets DP, she will probably die of old age before the injection.

None of the smokers on the jury have left to smoke in a while

HMMM-I don't think I could go that long without a smoke

esp on a case like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics