Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the holdouts are sick to their stomachs when they know what we all know and they see all the interviews, learn about the smuggled magazine code, and the WEALTH of evidence that couldn't be brought in.

I hope the jurors see everything that we've seen; how horrible this killer is. I know it's not the jurors fault. They've done a very hard job, and it's terrible to think of having to make the choice to take someone's life.

But that's what this killer did. She made the choice to take someone's life. She planned to take someone's life. And then she did take someone's life, in the most heinous manner.

Each of these jurors said they could enforce the death penalty. Someone did not do that today. It's a very sad day.

That's my opinion on the matter.

Juan is now under immense pressure to end this by offering LWOP in exchange for CMja waiving any appeals.

EIGHT weeks until they re-do this. EIGHT weeks.

More like a year or two. I will never get the smirk that JW gave Juan out of my head. Our "justice" system is broke.

I'm listening on Wild and catching this conversation:

Bill Montgomery should try to get Natural Life Sentence if CMja is willing to waive her rights of future appeals.

It's also a liklihood that the Judge might let her attorneys finally get out of defending her.

The amount of additional financial burden will have to be a consideration.

Me - I'm sad.

I think its very telling how the judge felt based on her practically sobbing....

Remember folks-- jodi is still guilty guilty guilty--its not like she 's ever leaving prison.
It will be ok....honest. :grouphug:

Someone please reassure me that the death penalty will not be taken off!

Well, let's hope that Travis gets an amazing birthday gift this year (July 28)...a death sentence for JA!!!

That's it.

I pray Travis's Family can get through this.

This Jury will be ashamed to talk to anyone about this.

In my opinion.....Pinellas 12 ver.2.0.

Wow people. I'm disappointed too but give the jury a break. They have had their lives disrupted for this horrible trial. And now posters are disgusted, calling them cowards, spewing hate at them? They found her guilty AND eligible for the DP. This final phase will have a re-do. JA is not going anywhere.

so agree - just highlighting

I'm not upset except that it prolongs the suffering for the Alexanders. I am perfectly comfortable that you could pick up 12 people off the streets and show them the autopsy pictures and then the absence of mitigation and BOOM

Death for the ***** who can have blonde hair and makeup when they give her the fn needle.

She may really be sorry that she did all those interviews now, because Juan can bring them into the next round.

Jodi was crying because (in her mind) she won.

The DP is most likely off the table now.

I feel so bad for the Alexander family. They needed closure one way or the other. And now they have to go through this crap all over again. And that smug lying murderous ***** will be sitting there the whole time just biding her time until she can hold her next press conference.

I cant wait until someone spills how they were split. I think there were more in favor of death than life. Those for life dug their heels in immediately and refused to budge.

This wasn't easy for this jury.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 1m

Some jurors crying as they left, mouthing "I'm so sorry."

No they aren't sorry because they were asked IF THEY COULD GIVE DP they all said yes.. there is not much more one person could do to another that would not be a DP sentence!!

SHE KILLED HIM 3 WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 6m

The jurors were REALLY upset as they left the courtroom...clearly taking their job seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg