Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: Thats it !!! We knew we would get to the bottom of why the jury did what they did. 4 of them went against the admonishment and saw that Beth was being let go but gets to stay as long as trial lasted, so they purposely hung the jury to give Beth a few more months. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

not funny at all

I don't know allot about the law of attraction but I can tell you that after this trial that I can see that ja used the law of attraction as a manipulation tool. If you are feeling down on youself..beware of manipulators.

I started my road to better self esteem with learning to meditate. I can suggest Jon Cabot Zinn's book Whereever you go there you are. Find a great therapist. Nothing wrong with a cross trainer...great body does not equal great mental health.
Just keep you eyes wide open. Wishing you much success.

Thank you for caring. It actually means a lot to me.

Sheriff Joe says at his jail he had to provide cable because of some federal law (which is totally ridiculous)...but at his jail - they only broadcast The Disney Channel and The Weather Channel I think.
Well, he also said he HAD to let all those journalists interview her because of her freedom of speech and that's just a load of carp. They have rules in jail, and S Joe broke lots of them so that Arias could give her interviews.
I hope he keeps his word, but I don't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I totally agree. With the 8-4 vote, I just think the DA will elect not to try her again and let the judge decide on which type of LIFE.
My understanding is it is not that they are taking the DP off the table, but are electing not to try her again, so the judge would get it in that case, with the only option being either LWOP or LWP.

So, it kind of is like taking the DP off the table in a way, but indirectly.

I dont want it either, but with the huge circus this has been, I just think the DA wants to end this too.

Also, CKJA wont get a vote or a plea with this. It is solely up to the judge what she gets. The sad part is the family really doesnt get a vote either. If the DA does not want to proceed with 2nd try, he can elect not too without considering anything else.

I really think the family probably wants it over too at this point. They look exhausted and for their emotional health, I bet they really wont mind if the DA ends this without a 2nd try. I honestly think it is in their best interest to have this end at this point. I am betting they would agree at this point.

I know nothing has been set in stone but I get the impression they are going to give it a 2nd try. Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said a status hearing has been set for June 20, "and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase."

The only thing I've said about JC is that she makes stuff up and that she wears some very strange dresses.

I don't know it that's attacking, but it's the truth as I see it.

High Five to transferring our inner turmoil, rage, and frustration onto JC. Whatever works. She dresses like my daughter did in high school, just saying. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Their "emotions" were to be LEFT AT THE DOOR of the deliberation room entrance right? The jury instructions were to weigh the aggravating factors against the mitigating factors and emotions and morals were NOT to be part of their decision making process right?

Right.
Had they done what you described above it would have been a unanimous
DP decision. It's a hard decision ok? so? They made a promise. If they didn't
understand the law; then ask the damn judge a damn question. I've read the
law, the second time I read it I clearly understood it.

I know this is not going to be popular, but it's my opinion and I'm ok with it.
I keep hearing about the four holdouts. In actuality, there were no holdouts. the jurors were given a task to do and 3 possible choices to mark on the card. They all put in their time, came to their conclusions, 8 for death, 4 for a life sentence. Juror instructions does not say you have to give into the majority, in fact, it says quite the opposite, not to be bullied into changing your mind if you truly believe you are making the right descision. All 12 made their "right decision" as based on how they viewd the mitigating factors in comparison to the aggravating facors of the case.

They are told they can each accept or deny any of the testimony they have heard. It is something they and only they can choose to believe or disbelieve. There civic duty was to use their life experiences, their common sense, and their sense of what was true and what was not. They are told not to let emotions play a part in their decisions. Their job was to vote Life or Death. All 12 did so, there were NO holdouts, they all voted, they all debated and in the end, they didn't all agree. Simple as that!

I respect the jury for taking on this tough task, and just because they didn't all see things as I did, and all 12 vote for death, I do not hold that against them. To call the four holdouts imho is just wrong. It could just as easily be said that there were 8 holdouts who wouldn't vote for life in prison. CMja is where she needs to be right now, and her next move is to Perryville whether she likes it or not. And we can thank all 12 jurors for that.

As I said in a previous post, I will bet dimes to donuts that the Alexander family is not bashing the jurors tonight. Disappointed sure, but I can bet they aren't calling them idiots and some of the other lame terms I've seen used here tonight. They are too classy and have too much respect for our legal system to bash 12 people for doing their civic duty for 5 months.
Aim your hatred if necessary where it belongs, on CMja, not these 12, or 4 of the 12 that did their civic job as they saw fit.

BBM

It's popular with me. Excellent post. Well said.

I am really perplexed about CMJA's reaction in court today. There were several reports that she was crying when the media first walked in, and her defense team and mitigation lady were comforting her.

She might have been upset that her family wasn't there. (who the H*** goes to the Grand Canyon while their daughter is on Verdict Watch? I can see where the younger ones might not think it through, but her MOTHER?)

Or was she just crying, like others have said, because she saw a few of the jurors crying? Because she was looking their way when she appeared to get teary-eyed. And also then she looked at the Alexander family, who were all crying.

Am really confused about all of this crying reaction from her.

A thought just occurred to me as I was reading your post. Maybe she burned some bridges with other inmates at the Estrella jail, thinking that she was never going back there. She was not expecting a deadlock; she expected to be going straight from the courthouse to Perryville after the verdict, whether it was Death or Life, NOT back to Estrella. Uh oh ...

JA should get used to it -- her life is going to be one big cloud of nothingness interspersed with exposure to people just as crazy and as violent (if not more so) than SHE is. And they've had a lot more practice than she has without needing to appear even remotely socially acceptable. She's used to game-playing with relatively nice people who can't fathom what she's really like, so they get blind-sided by her manipulations and outward appearances. She's about to find out that there ARE other kinds of people in the world who will see her coming way ahead of time and know her for exactly what she is.

ETA: It will be something like IBS; long periods of nothing happening at all (constipation), interspersed with intense bouts of extreme stress and enormous amounts of s*** to deal with. Then the cycle starts all over again.

Estrella where Jodi is right now is referred to as Camp Snoopy by those Perryville 'girls'.

If Jodi gets DP, she will get all kinds of attention besides from the appeal process but also from anti DP groups. She'll milk that for all the attention she can.

In general population, Jodi will get attention, but not at all the wine and cheese book clubs she's conjured in JodiWorld.

I think someone told jodi all of those fabulous things to get her to do the allocution...she's dumb enough to believe the lies. I don't think jodi spent too much time thinking about perryville, because in her reality it didn't exist. JMO

Did anyone get shocked like I did when the sentence was read. The wording made it sound like she was about to be sentenced to death because the lady paused right at the point she said it. I dont know what the actual wording was, but It went something like this....

"We the jury sentence her to" PAUSE "not unanamous verdict" or something really weird like that.

It floored me. I thought they were fixing to say "sentence her to DEATH"

Published on May 23, 2013
A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing as the jury decides her fate ~ Whether she gets a death sentence or life without parole she is doomed for the draconic prison called Perryville where she will likely die as she becomes one of the walking dead in the Arizona desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJTBLd-72fg#!

USA thanks so much. This is a must watch video. It made me feel better about this situation. There is NO cake walk ahead for ja

Sheriff Joe says at his jail he had to provide cable because of some federal law (which is totally ridiculous)...but at his jail - they only broadcast The Disney Channel and The Weather Channel I think.

I was watching some special about that jail the other day. They also have some public access "Sheriff Joe" channel, or they did when that particular television special aired.

"The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path." Travis Alexander.

That should have been Juan's final words in closing ..

Juan didn't have to because he knew that Stephen Alexander had it in is statement to the jury :)

Did anyone get shocked like I did when the sentence was read. The wording made it sound like she was about to be sentenced to death because the lady paused right at the point she said it. I dont know what the actual wording was, but It went something like this....

"We the jury sentence her to" PAUSE "not unanamous verdict" or something really weird like that.

It floored me. I thought they were fixing to say "sentence her to DEATH"
I won't say I was shocked as I knew going in that it was 1 of 3 possible outcomes, but I was surprised. I was hoping to hear Death but expecting to hear Life. The wording on the verdict card doesn't go well with option #3.

Steely, just want to let you know how much I enjoyed you video. Thank you.

I know nothing has been set in stone but I get the impression they are going to give it a 2nd try. Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said a status hearing has been set for June 20, "and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase."

Right, but read right before that and I cant remember the exact words, but it said something like "for now, we will...." and higher up in the article the DA office said they will be "assessing what to do next", so I took that as they are planning it for now, but still have to decide.

I just hope they do consider the family wishes. Whatever the family wants, I am good with. I hope they get to make the call on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark