SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one. So the Banker guy- who would he be- in WS world?

The banker guy was pretty right on during this interview.. Loved twhen the question was asked about seeing Cmja the first time , If he felt suprised or something like that..His response ( not quoting) .." yes until the evidenced starting pouring in"..then they all kind of looked and shared a half smile with each other. NIce diff between him and the foreman

Can you help cubbe with some safe ones? I've been to diff parts of of Tex, and diff avoidable neighborhoods would be good. ;)

hey, it's downtown houston! there aren't actual neighborhoods downtown unless you consider people living in high rises and condos a neighborhood.

i'd consider any of the better hotels downtown safe. there's a lot going on downtown on weekends so lots of people and i'd feel pretty safe----i'd still take a cab to and from that concert.

But does CKja have to agree to this deal?

If they go to trial again and they again lose the DP then it goes to Life, but does it leave the door open for parole?

If she has a shot at parole, I don't think she'll accept the deal.

If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

First the Alexander family has to agree to any kind of plea and not going on for DP.

Most likely if a plea is offered it is life, no parole, no appeals. (And the inmate and her attorneys must agree with an offer.) But the Alexander family must be consulted first.

If the Alexander family chooses to go forward for DP, then forward it is.

Well, speaking from experience, I know and accept the difference between committed sex and casual sex? Does that help? :floorlaugh:

BBM~ Good piece of advice, wish I knew that about 15 years ago. ;)

Thanks for the links.

:floorlaugh: Yes, gf.

And some people never ever make that distinction.

But does CKja have to agree to this deal?

If they go to trial again and they again lose the DP then it goes to Life, but does it leave the door open for parole?

If she has a shot at parole, I don't think she'll accept the deal.

If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I thought I knew the answer to this, but now that I think about it, I realize that I don't. Sorry!

no, but i have a friend who did and she thought it was lovely. don't hold me responsible though!!!! anything you find downtown won't be over a mile from toyota center and there are many to choose from.

i hope you enjoy houston and the concert. i saw fleetwood mac back around 1980 and they were great. stevie's a personal hero of mine too. she's just a really incredible person from everything i've read about her, and i've read a LOT about her.

HUGE Mac fan here...this will be my 3rd concert !! Saw Stevie alone twice... I have read alot too hehe

For something totally different...the Indi 200 is on.

My problem with that is he told no one else about it and couldn't even write about it. I think it was so bad and so personal that he never wanted any one to ever find out. I think if JA was stealing from him he probably would have at least confided it to a friend but he was intentionally secretive about it which leads me to believe it was a bombshell.

i've always thought it was something he would have been terribly embarrassed by, which is why he didn't tell anyone. none of his friends liked her but i think TA thought he understood her better than they did, and that's why he stayed in contact with her. idealistic to a fault! and i think she did something that proved to him his friends were RIGHT, and he felt like a fool and was also badly hurt that he'd been so wrong about her.

so that could be a lot of things----that's just my theory about what a big deal this 'thing' was.

First the Alexander family has to agree to any kind of plea and not going on for DP.

Most likely if a plea is offered it is life, no parole, no appeals. (And the inmate and her attorneys must agree with an offer.) But the Alexander family must be consulted first.

I don't think the bolded is true. The prosecutor tries to give great deference to the wishes of the victim, but in the end it's the State's decision exclusively. Maybe it's different for the penalty phase, but I really don't think so.

I take it that's your opinion of what should happen and not what must happen?

I'm wondering that too. Perryville will be a completely difference experience for her. I'll see if I can find anything.

I'm certain I can't post the link but there is a forum that discusses what to expect during the transition between Estrella and Perryville.

Addresses questions from people who are either heading to Perryville, have relatives about to be transferred there or experiences from people who've served their time there.

this is who kcl tweeted who these 3 jurors were
Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 1h

@word_34 I saw that, "Maureen, Nancy and The Wrestler" didn't let us down!

Does anyone know where I can find the WS juror guide so I can put a face with the WS descriptions?
I get Nancy and the wrestler, but wanted to read about Maureen, obviously the one JC thought looked so much like Sandy A

I thought "Nancy" said of the split that gender was not an issue/related?

I still think there was only 1 woman that voted life. We know it can't be more than 2. Gonna go study the descriptions and see if I can guess who she is.

Thanks, and even if he doesn't remember that evidence, if he's reading up on her now, he would find it even more that wasn't in the trial about her history. No excuse for his ignorance.

Think the foreman is entrenched in his beliefs and would not change his mind no matter what - and that is what happened in the jury room.

He will continue to validate his position. :twocents:

I think it's a bit simplistic to think that older men are more likely to vote for life in the JA case. The same case can made for women and younger individuals who can identify with JA and therefore less likely to sentence her to death.

I don't think gender or age has anything to do with it. Just look at the demographics of Websleuthers. I don't think death penalty support increases with age. Men aren't necessarily more likely to vote for life either.

Just my two cents.

which young guy?? the one they called paul rudd?? cuz the guy on gma said her voted death

Ok I see the wrestler is the youngest and that is who I was thinking....

So glad I was wrong!!!!!

ETA: According to AZLawyer you are correct Karmady. The family does not have to agree if a deal is offered.:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*

I don't think the bolded is true. The prosecutor tries to give great deference to the wishes of the victim, but in the end it's the State's decision exclusively. Maybe it's different for the penalty phase, but I really don't think so.

DP cases are different from all of the lesser crimes.

Sure the prosecutor may try to talk the family out of it due to time and money, without ever really saying that. It will be more about emotional damage to the family and all concerned. The family must be consulted and it will move forward as such. At least in this state, Arizona may be different, but I don't think so. Maybe we should see if AZLawyer has already answered in the lawyer question thread.

i've always thought it was something he would have been terribly embarrassed by, which is why he didn't tell anyone. none of his friends liked her but i think TA thought he understood her better than they did, and that's why he stayed in contact with her. idealistic to a fault! and i think she did something that proved to him his friends were RIGHT, and he felt like a fool and was also badly hurt that he'd been so wrong about her.

so that could be a lot of things----that's just my theory about what a big deal this 'thing' was.

I agree and I think it was something he believed was immoral. I wonder if it could have been she had an abortion, or if he found out she was a prostitute or something along those lines. I remember from the texts, etc. he threatened to tell her mother. I wonder if he did and she is not volunteering that information. When SA found out TA had been murdered she did not hesitate to ask JA if she did it. Now that to me is strange. After all they were supposed to be broken up, etc. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500