GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasn't the home put into Michele's name shortly before her death too? maybe they are questioning that. that although Alexis was executor, Martin inherited her estate?

just recalling from memory.

That's my recollection. Which doesn't bode well for Martin.

I can't help but think they are questioning Alexis, and the civil suit about the house. I remember her testifying about that, and she said she was doing what she had to do as executor of the will, or something similar.

minor ~ I hope you are right ;-)

I tend to think they're questioning Martin and trying to add up his motives

I can't help but think they are questioning Alexis, and the civil suit about the house. I remember her testifying about that, and she said she was doing what she had to do as executor of the will, or something similar.

minor ~ I hope you are right ;-)

Jury might be thinking that all this is a scheme by the daughters. Several pages ago I asked the members here if they thought the daughters were 100% truthful when they testified. Early on, The notion that the daughters colluded to get back at their dad for his affair with Gypsy made me wonder if they cooked this up, but then the evidence seemed overwhelming that Martin did the deed.

I'm surprised WAT wasn't tweeting about Gustin's salmon ruffles. They actually WERE something close to salmon. Maybe the WAT person with the salmon-colored glasses who covered the Arias trial isn't doing this one.

MM's motives?
Yeah, I'd need a calculator too!

The question about the house
confuses me.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Me too. Seems they may be looking at every single detail of what Martin had to gain. As they should.

The jury's question provokes a couple of other thoughts.

Was there a mortgage on the house with both Michele and Martin as signatories;
Was there mortgage insurance

Ben Winslow @BenWinslow
We're now at 8 hours in deliberations. No verdict. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

I'm surprised WAT wasn't tweeting about Gustin's salmon ruffles. They actually WERE something close to salmon. Maybe the WAT person with the salmon-colored glasses who covered the Arias trial isn't doing this one.

Funny you say that, he just tweeted that he is wearing a salmon banana hammock in the hot tub. So, same old WAT.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 8m

@hoopsca salmon banana hammock

I'm confused on the sequence. He put the house in Michele's name shortly before he 'helped her out'? Why wouldn't it have been in her name (and his) all along?

Did he put the house 100% in her name? Maybe the jury is thinking that could have been a ruse to make it look like he was taking care of her and the kids when maybe the law says he'd really get it after killing her?

MM's motives?
Yeah, I'd need a calculator too!

The question about the house
confuses me.

It wasn't about the house, it was about the "estate" - meaning all property that belonged to Michele upon her death. I don't think the jury knew anything about the house being transferred to Michele's name or anything else other than Alexis was appointed executor shortly before Michele's death. They don't know what was or was not in the will.

I take it as they want to know if Martin was going to inherit everything from Michele - and to me that sounds like they are adding up his motives. I cannot fathom how that question could be any indication that they do not believe the daughters

Jury might be thinking that all this is a scheme by the daughters. Several pages ago I asked the members here if they thought the daughters were 100% truthful when they testified. Early on, The notion that the daughters colluded to get back at their dad for his affair with Gypsy made me wonder if they cooked this up, but then the evidence seemed overwhelming that Martin did the deed.

I didn't read that far back (sorry lol) came over as soon as I seen on twitter that there was a question.

I think the question can be seen both ways. But I think I am leaning towards 'motive' for Martin to kill Michele. It could just be that they heard that tidbit in the trial, but it was never really fully explained, and they are wondering.

It makes me wonder if Martin had a legal right to even remain in the home. ~and bring in a nanny.
Was Alexis the executor of her mother's estate and not her father?

I'm confused on the sequence. He put the house in Michele's name shortly before he 'helped her out'? Why wouldn't it have been in her name (and his) all along?

Did he put the house 100% in her name? Maybe the jury is thinking that could have been a ruse to make it look like he was taking care of her and the kids when maybe the law says he'd really get it after killing her?

Exactly - and yes, he transferred the whole thing to her name, which means absolutely nothing for purposes of divorce and inheritance by a spouse.

If jury disregards testimony of daughters and jailhouse snitches and goes with defense's time line they may find in Martin's favor.

It wasn't about the house, it was about the "estate" - meaning all property that belonged to Michele upon her death. I don't think the jury knew anything about the house being transferred to Michele's name or anything else other than Alexis was appointed executor shortly before Michele's death. They don't know what was or was not in the will.

I take it as they want to know if Martin was going to inherit everything from Michele - and to me that sounds like they are adding up his motives. I cannot fathom how that question could be any indication that they do not believe the daughters

But on the other hand, any juror who doesn't see Gypsy as motive enough probably isn't going to be convinced by anything monetary anyway.

If jury disregards testimony of daughters and jailhouse snitches and goes with defense's time line they may find in Martin's favor.

I would change "may" to "will".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members