Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on the State versus Arias page that Steven isn't doing well and hasn't been attending court. (The admin who is in touch with Tanisha said so). My heart just breaks for the family. Also, the admin is sorry that Juror 3 has been excused.

I'm afraid Steven is very vulnerable. I pray he has a tremendous support network, and is talking to someone. Grief is a monster all on its own, ready to destroy you if you let it. Then, to have the likes of this despicable DT and their parade of abominations in the guise of experts flay your dead brother's reputation unendingly is impossible to imagine. God be with him and his sibs.

BBM- I do not know how much this comes into the play of things. Arias clearly did not trust her legal team and made sure that he PI got a copy of the hard drive. There is some reason that this drive is very, very important to her. It may not be a compelling legal reason for appeal, but she sure as hell wanted it.

RBBM: Yes, it is, and that begs the question as to why. She knows, or think she knows, there is something on that HDD because she put it there. I can't think of another reason she's so adamant about its contents.

The DT alleged prosecutorial misconduct since 11/10/14 - that is a pretty big allegation that you had better have proof to "bring it" and 4 weeks later, after multiple motions and orders from JSS - they still cannot back up their allegations with proof of what they found.

The courtroom was closed in late Oct for Jodi to testify in secret about who knows what - but it was so relevant that they bring their witnesses in order for her defense that court could not continue.

Here we are still waiting on all of the theatrics and secrets to continue trying the case that was to have resulted in a decision from the jurors in 8 more court days and now we have another status conference. I think the reason JM and Tanisha were mad going in and out of chambers the other day was because there was a loss of a juror yet again. 4 down and just a few more to go to a mistrial for the DT. (guess this tactic is working for them)

Does Travis's family get to ever say anything went they go into the chambers? It just seems so unfair that they just keep getting victimized over and over again so that the princess has a fair trial when Travis certainly didn't have one.

I don't understand tbh. If the *advertiser censored* hits were deleted after the laptop was turned on, shouldn't it have been there to find when the original copy was made of the harddrive?

As I understand it, not if they'd already been contained(encoded and contained) by the anti-malware programs and not still "live" hits. As for the registry, doesn't that only hold live exe files? I think most anti-malware programs are able to remove these exe files from your registry when they quarantine them, so only if new ones were activated by trojans or keylogger programs that are usually buried deep in obscure files would they be visible on a cursory look.

I would like to see a comparison of any of these malware/*advertiser censored* hits that were supposedly on TA's laptop compared to the "external" HD that I believe was from JA(not TA/Deanna's laptop) that the defense received on Oct.25, 2012 and subsequently used a mirror image they got from it on Nov.5, 2012 to retrieve the penis pics, etc.

Also, what's with this whole 1:44pm time stamp that shows as the anti-malware(Spybot iirc) on TA's laptop that somehow is also the timestamp on one of JA's nasty photo shoot pics? For me, that just firms up my suspicions about JA either planting or "accidentally" leaving the sd card(ie. she probably loaded malware/*advertiser censored* programs onto TA's laptop from her sd card that somehow then recorded the time back onto the meta data on her card and after deleting the pics she had taken of TA in the shower, not realizing the photo shoot was(or had been) on it, she either tossed it with the camera thinking it would be safe or accidentally dropped it and didn't realize it was missing until it was too late to go looking for it).

Probably because when the laptop was turned on, the anti-malware programs also turned on, possibly updated(though often updates don't take effect until the pc is restarted again after the downloads are done), and any *advertiser censored* hits were probably encoded in quarantine and deleted, so you'd have to look for them in the unallocated spaces. Didn't the police and Lonnie work off that first mirror image, not the same as the one that BN used?

Yes, in the YT you linked Dworkin says Encase provides a read-only mirror image of a hard drive so when it's forensically examined changes cannot be made to it (must be why BN wanted the actual hard drive). We're way in the mire, even the prosecution can't change anything on the original mirror image as Encase makes it in read-only, JSS should have long ago ruled on this whackery.

Does anyone remember a guy named John Dixon?
There was a question asked by a juror in her Trial last year about him.

STEPHENS: Sustained. "Why did you plan on going to see John Dixon when you were on your way to Utah to see Ryan?"

ARIAS: John Dixon was a friend, although there was somewhat of an interest there. It was nothing that I ever let grow, because he wasn`t a church member, so it would be kind of a poor investment of my heart to get attached to somebody who is not a member of the church.

What I was going down there for is he had a friend who either owned a gallery or ran a gallery where he hung some of the greats such as Van Gogh and Monet. And when I told him I painted, he said, "We could make a space in this gallery for you.:laugh: I could hang it right next to a Monet or Van Gogh." It sounded like a very big -- it sounded like a very exciting thing for me, because one of my goals at that time was to get my paintings into galleries.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/06/ijvm.01.html

Thanks for reminding me about this.

What a cracker Arias is. :giggle::lol:

Sure, her artwork is comparable to Monet and Van Gough. :skip:

Just like her friend has a gallery which displays Monet and Van Gough. :skip:

Well, maybe print copies downloaded off the internet and hung up with thumbtacks.

As I understand it, not if they'd already been contained(encoded and contained) by the anti-malware programs and not still "live" hits. As for the registry, doesn't that only hold live exe files? I think most anti-malware programs are able to remove these exe files from your registry when they quarantine them, so only if new ones were activated by trojans or keylogger programs that are usually buried deep in obscure files would they be visible on a cursory look.

I would like to see a comparison of any of these malware/*advertiser censored* hits that were supposedly on TA's laptop compared to the "external" HD that I believe was from JA(not TA/Deanna's laptop) that the defense received on Oct.25, 2012 and subsequently used a mirror image they got from it on Nov.5, 2012 to retrieve the penis pics, etc.

Also, what's with this whole 1:44pm time stamp that shows as the anti-malware(Spybot iirc) on TA's laptop that somehow is also the timestamp on one of JA's nasty photo shoot pics? For me, that just firms up my suspicions about JA either planting or "accidentally" leaving the sd card(ie. she probably loaded malware/*advertiser censored* programs onto TA's laptop from her sd card that somehow then recorded the time back onto the meta data on her card and after deleting the pics she had taken of TA in the shower, not realizing the photo shoot was(or had been) on it, she either tossed it with the camera thinking it would be safe or accidentally dropped it and didn't realize it was missing until it was too late to go looking for it).

I'm sure BN knows that many virus/trojans appear to be antivirus/malware programs and knows most of those on his laptop are exactly that, not programs TA installed to hide anything from anyone, as he had no need to. He did have viruses though and likely used named programs like Spybot to try to deal with them - I'd love to see a list of the names of these '19 scrubbers' that TA had on his computer.

I'm thinking those nudies were already on the memory card and deleted at some point before June 4th, but how did Encase generate time stamps for those thumbnails? And if I recall correctly (and we have a pic to show it was separated from it) the memory card was not in the camera when found in the washer, it was on the bottom of the tub with the back door to the camera. Melendez did testify that when he received the camera it was all together, card in and back door on.

BBM - me too. And I REALLY want to know what kind of "broke" her external hard drive was, and her lap top for that matter....I've crashed quite a few puters in my lifetime and always thought everything was lost. But a quick trip to the nerd guys and they could always get my stuff back for me. She must have done a real number on hers to make everything so irretrievable.....

Yes, in the YT you linked Dworkin says Encase provides a read-only mirror image of a hard drive so when it's forensically examined changes cannot be made to it (must be why BN wanted the actual hard drive). We're way in the mire, even the prosecution can't change anything on the original mirror image as Encase makes it in read-only, JSS should have long ago ruled on this whackery.

Just wondering who the third party was that repaired and subsequently sent Dworkin the mirror image from the HD he had received on Oct.25, 2012 and was that TA's HD or JA's? If it was TA's, why were the penis pics on it with what looks like DB's fingers, unless he had gotten it from JA somehow(or someone had planted it while out for "repairs" before anyone was able to create the new mirror image)?

This trial will never end. I guess no court on Monday now.

@TrialDiariesJ: FYI- MONDAY in #jodiarias is now a Status Conference at 9:30am MST. Wed is the Evidentary Hearing at 9:30am MST. The rest? Who knows!

I'm watching Day 13 and they're going through 4 pics taken off JA's canon camera memory card, LD is trying to explain the difference between file system data retained on a memory card (time/date a pic is saved to the card, etc.) as opposed to EXIF data included in the pic data itself - I'm wondering if that's where the timestamp for the thumbnails came from, the saved time/date on the memory card and not the time the pics were actually digitized.

Just wondering who the third party was that repaired and subsequently sent Dworkin the mirror image from the HD he had received on Oct.25, 2012 and was that TA's HD or JA's? If it was TA's, why were the penis pics on it with what looks like DB's fingers, unless he had gotten it from JA somehow(or someone had planted it while out for "repairs" before anyone was able to create the new mirror image)?

According to Dworkin, the hard drive sent to the third party for repair was JA's external drive, and the penis pics were found on it by Dworkin, there were timestamps on the photos (not generated by Encase) but court ended with objection, sidebar, recess and when they came back on Monday the objection to the pics were sustained and they went onto the Helio phone. Which he said there are no tools (like Encase) get get data off of that phone, only screen captures and audio. He found 7 or 8 recordings which he downloaded/saved to his computer and took screen shots of texts and pics.

I'm sure BN knows that many virus/trojans appear to be antivirus/malware programs and knows most of those on his laptop are exactly that, not programs TA installed to hide anything from anyone, as he had no need to. He did have viruses though and likely used named programs like Spybot to try to deal with them - I'd love to see a list of the names of these '19 scrubbers' that TA had on his computer.

I'm thinking those nudies were already on the memory card and deleted at some point before June 4th, but how did Encase generate time stamps for those thumbnails? And if I recall correctly (and we have a pic to show it was separated from it) the memory card was not in the camera when found in the washer, it was on the bottom of the tub with the back door to the camera. Melendez did testify that when he received the camera it was all together, card in and back door on.

Ahh but remember the bent pins, was that TA's HD or this external HD that was, according to Dworkin, an internal HD with a bag of parts for an external case that he received on Oct,25, 2012 that I suspect may have been JA's? When and how and on what was the original mirror image done for the PT and did they make more than the first original, if so why and when? Same for this HD that Dworkin had sent out to some un-named third party. Who used the incinerator and on which HD, if there was more than one(TA and JA's) being "worked" on?

According to Dworkin, the hard drive sent to the third party for repair was JA's external drive, and the penis pics were found on it by Dworkin, there were timestamps on the photos (not generated by Encase) but court ended with objection, sidebar, recess and when they came back on Monday the objection to the pics were sustained and they went onto the Helio phone. Which he said there are no tools (like Encase) get get data off of that phone, only screen captures and audio. He found 7 or 8 recordings which he downloaded/saved to his computer and took screen shots of texts and pics.

Yea.... the recordings. When did the Emmy winning BN start working for the DT, before or after that "missing" cellphone magically reappeared?

BBM: Could JA have put the pic on to a *advertiser censored* site at that time? or is that a pic from a *advertiser censored* site?

I know these are far out questions but the thoughts did occur - not sure it's even possible that it could have been done.

The third party is a company owned by Tony Klump called AZ Computer Lab.

http://www.azcomputerlab.com/

It is a run of the mill IT company. Certainly not qualified in computer forensics.

We've seen this kind of thing again and again and again with this defense where they cannot bring highly qualified and recognized experts in any given field of discipline. BN has already made a number of factually incorrect statements on the stand, showing his lack of knowledge when it comes to digital devices and computer forensics.

Rather than fight this on a charge by charge level, IMO it would be best for Martinez to have his expert put together some kind of powerpoint presentation, showing generally accepted principles and practices of computer forensics which will explain the initial findings of both Dworkin and Melendez, who used EnCase for their review. Then blow apart the junk science findings of the supposed experts hired by the defense.

Yes, the computer had a lot of virus related *advertiser censored* on it. This would not fit the definition of *advertiser censored* and there are many legal cases that set a precedent for this. I seriously doubt that they are going to find user accessed *advertiser censored* in the magnitude that BN is suggesting. There may be a few hits, such as when I looked for hot rods for my son when he was about 10 years old.

I'm watching Day 13 and they're going through 4 pics taken off JA's canon camera memory card, LD is trying to explain the difference between file system data retained on a memory card (time/date a pic is saved to the card, etc.) as opposed to EXIF data included in the pic data itself - I'm wondering if that's where the timestamp for the thumbnails came from, the saved time/date on the memory card and not the time the pics were actually digitized.

Thankyou! This is what I was trying to explain before...

As shown on the Canon pics, the file system data from the card is:

Name (IMG_----)
Is Deleted
Last Accessed (date)
File Created (date and time)
Last Written (date and time).

Maybe this is the info Encase used to create timestamps for the thumbnails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace